Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 27, 2019 9:39 PM

Apr 2007
I’m hoping the manga readers would put my concerns at ease

As an anime only watcher I feel that this anime is taking its time with the prologue, which can be a bit slow paced to some. However I think they might be taking the Golden Arc approach from berserk, a long prologue before the actual story begins.

So Manga readers: is this adaption the way its meant to be? Or are they a bit too slow? Moreover without giving much spoilers, I heard the “farm arc” is the great turnpoint of the story. Will we be able to see it this season with the pacing they going for?

Thanks
Jul 27, 2019 9:46 PM
Jun 2017
from what I understand the anime covered 9 chapters from the manga which means 3 chapters per episode that's a lot if you ask me. i also heard it was a weekly manga and turned into monthly manga so this is maybe why these chapters feel empty i dont know
Jul 27, 2019 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Slow? The adaptation skipped few chapters and following a more chronological approach for the convenience of the viewers.

It won't reach the Farmland arc this season(which has a totally different tone than the prologue, with a slower approach to the story).
Jul 27, 2019 10:30 PM
Mar 2018
Frosty- said:
Slow? The adaptation skipped few chapters and following a more chronological approach for the convenience of the viewers.

It won't reach the Farmland arc this season(which has a totally different tone than the prologue, with a slower approach to the story).

would you say the anime adaptation right now is good? or is it better to just read the manga?
Jul 27, 2019 10:43 PM
Mar 2016
HotPocketChris said:
Frosty- said:

would you say the anime adaptation right now is good? or is it better to just read the manga?

It's definitely a good adaptation so far. Still worth reading the manga though. Fantastic art.
Jul 27, 2019 10:51 PM
Nov 2017
No, it's not really that long. In fact, the next episode will be the beginning of the epicness. I'm not really sure that this anime will go until the farm arc, but the first arc is epic as well and a lot of character development with so much action.
Jul 28, 2019 12:16 AM
Jul 2018
HotPocketChris said:
Frosty- said:

Definitely a good adaptation so far, hopefully it will maintain the quality too.
Jul 28, 2019 12:55 AM

Feb 2019
This adaptation is good so far, they started at chapter 3 which is a flashback. They are doing a chronological order of the main character life events starting from his childhood. And according to the manga extra adult Thorfinn appears from ep. 7, they seems adding some events which is not in the manga too, you`ll notice this if you watch the trailer (example: Thorfinn first kill in the trailer is not in the manga).

So far its good, but some manga readers don`t like that the anime started at chapter 3 of the manga. But that`s because they want to see adult Thorfinn killing left and right, but well if ur an anime only I guess you won`t have a problem with the start. Its better for anime only actually since it gives you a better understanding of Thorfinn`s character.
mainaviJul 28, 2019 12:58 AM
Jul 28, 2019 1:28 AM
Feb 2019
Well, this adaptation is really, really good so far. As everyone says, it is done in chronollogical order which I think it's better for the anime. Also, the colors, voices and music fits amazingly great with this show.

One of the main points in Vinland Saga is the pacing, the author takes the time whatever he wants to make the character feel realistic and that ypu are somehow part of the story. Also, he tries to teach you humanity which at the moment the moment the anime represents perfectly. Said that, the anime knew how to make this pacing become real and that's why I think this adaptation is making the things awesome.

Thank you WIT Studio
Jul 28, 2019 4:35 AM

Jun 2009
The manga starts in current day, when Thorfinn is a teenager. The first chapter is very action packed. They chose to start the anime with Thorfinn's childhood. In the manga that is a flashback/bacstory that appears several chapters later after we meet Thorfinn as a teenager.
I think it's interesting both ways.
Jul 28, 2019 5:36 AM

Feb 2018
VanishingKira said:
As an anime only watcher I feel that this anime is taking its time with the prologue

Any other manga readers find this unintentionally funny.

Hahahaha yea, they don’t know what they are in for xd.
Jul 28, 2019 6:00 AM

Apr 2007
Well all this hype from the Manga readers will hopefully live up in the anime adaption,

as far as I know the peak moment is the Farm Arc which got me curious. Sad if they wont be able to adapt it this season :(

Jul 28, 2019 8:22 AM

Jul 2019
Wit studio do good adaptations. I don't think it will be a bad adaptation.
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Jul 28, 2019 9:01 AM
Oct 2017
VanishingKira said:
As an anime only watcher I feel that this anime is taking its time with the prologue

Any other manga readers find this unintentionally funny.

I do. lol. Prologue, yes, prologue.
Aug 11, 2019 3:13 AM

Apr 2007
So manga readers just let me know as an anime watcher,

How many chapters can they fill in this 24 ep season?

Is adapting the farm arc possible?

Thanks in advance
Aug 11, 2019 3:25 AM

Feb 2017
CEMPUNK said:

Thanks in advance

They will almost certainly adapt first 54 chapters with adding anime original content if/when needed. That will cover the first arc, they won't go into farm.
Aug 11, 2019 4:57 PM

Apr 2007
Tsarko said:
CEMPUNK said:

Thanks in advance

They will almost certainly adapt first 54 chapters with adding anime original content if/when needed. That will cover the first arc, they won't go into farm.

aww I heard the farm arc is where the real story begins :(

although some manga readers would say it strays away from the story and becomes something else which loses its viewership
Aug 12, 2019 6:40 AM

Oct 2017
MC is based on real life person named Thorfinn Karlsefni. You can read about it on wikipedia that he is a distant descendant of Ragnar Lothbrok on his fathers side. So there's that
zeus-faberAug 12, 2019 6:45 AM
Aug 12, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2007
zeus-faber said:
MC is based on real life person named Thorfinn Karlsefni. You can read about it on wikipedia that he is a distant descendant of Ragnar Lothbrok on his fathers side. So there's that

wouldnt reading about him makes it spoiler?

Aug 12, 2019 12:09 PM

Oct 2017
CEMPUNK said:
zeus-faber said:

wouldnt reading about him makes it spoiler?

I think that character is loosely-based on real life Thorfinn. Besides I don't care. If you read the manga you will spoil it anyway :)
Aug 16, 2019 7:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
About time, I’m sure the manga readers will be ecstatic with what’s below so give it a shot because it’s fab!

https://twitter.com/v_saga_anime/status/1162288001852092416?s=21
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

271 by Fibyu »»
Apr 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.