Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 27, 2019 3:22 AM
May 2017
Would it not be possible for magic to heal back his brain to its state on where he won't need the device on his neck?

Edit:
If it's not possible for him to be healed by magic(by magicians), how about recharging the batteries of the device in his neck with his ability?
KrulYunoJul 27, 2019 8:59 PM
Jul 27, 2019 9:00 AM

Sep 2009
if you watched the first season of Index, there was mention that those of science can't really use stuff from the magic side. It would cause that person extreme pain and up to and including death.
Jul 27, 2019 8:50 PM
May 2017
komic said:
if you watched the first season of Index, there was mention that those of science can't really use stuff from the magic side. It would cause that person extreme pain and up to and including death.

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.
Rather than Accelerator using magic, is it still not possible for someone(a magician) to heal him instead?

Jul 27, 2019 8:55 PM

May 2018
KrulYuno said:
komic said:

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.
Rather than Accelerator using magic, is it still not possible for someone(a magician) to heal him instead?

I'm pretty sure no one in the science side believes in magic except maybe the higher ups.
Jul 27, 2019 8:58 PM
May 2017
Only_Brad said:
KrulYuno said:

Oh yeah, that. I forgot.

I'm pretty sure no one in the science side believes in magic except maybe the higher ups.

Regarding that thing aside, is it possible? I know that Accelerator doesn't believe in magic in this world.
Aug 28, 2019 3:57 PM

Sep 2015
KrulYuno said:

Edit:
If it's not possible for him to be healed by magic(by magicians), how about recharging the batteries of the device in his neck with his ability?

I would say no. He can't just generate power with his ability since that also uses power from his device. Even with no energy loss there would still be no use-able energy left to do work.
So your proposal would make no sense as that would be considered a 'perpetual motion machine' which defies all laws of physics.

What he can do is use his vectoring to drain power from a outside source, ie. adding energy to the system. So he still need some power source, but doesn't need to use the charger necessarily.

Also, yes he can be healed BY magic, but he doesn't know any magicians that knows healing spells. Maybe Index, but not sure why she would help him at this point in the story. Later on, he wouldn't even need to be healed.
zcv45Aug 28, 2019 4:01 PM
Aug 31, 2019 12:15 AM
May 2017
zcv45 said:
KrulYuno said:

Edit:

I would say no. He can't just generate power with his ability since that also uses power from his device. Even with no energy loss there would still be no use-able energy left to do work.
So your proposal would make no sense as that would be considered a 'perpetual motion machine' which defies all laws of physics.

What he can do is use his vectoring to drain power from a outside source, ie. adding energy to the system. So he still need some power source, but doesn't need to use the charger necessarily.

Also, yes he can be healed BY magic, but he doesn't know any magicians that knows healing spells. Maybe Index, but not sure why she would help him at this point in the story. Later on, he wouldn't even need to be healed.

Sorry for wronly phrasing it. What I meant was not generating power, but acquiring energy somewhere else.
Sep 10, 2019 11:22 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
KrulYuno said:

Sorry for wronly phrasing it. What I meant was not generating power, but acquiring energy somewhere else.

Yes, he can acquire energy from another source, provided he has enough juice in the battery to use his power to charge it. This is something we see him do in canon later on using a method I will not spoil the details of for you.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 8 Discussion

AcceleratorAngel - Aug 30, 2019

49 by 1AmAtom1c »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2019

40 by Suckmypokeballs »»
Mar 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

87 by AYINLC »»
Jan 27, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2019

51 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:10 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2019

39 by WELLERM »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.