Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 12, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2014
AoT is a show where world building is a constant process, it doesnt just happen in season one and then its over. We still discover new things. The real story so to say only starts now
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 12, 2019 4:51 PM

May 2016
OMFG! Bunch of babies who fail to understand that their respective taste is not objective in any way... As a fan of both Jojo and AoT, I can't help but feel frustraded at such a sight.

Anyway, @sasori_nagashi, I would say the appeal of AoT is the lore and the various mysteries surrounding its world.

-What are the titans?
-How did they came to be?
-How exactly did humanity get stuck with such a predicament?
-Do the humans on the walls account for all of humanity or is there more out there?
-How is the world far from the walls?
-WHAT THE HECK IS IN EREN'S BASEMENT?!!! (lol)

So many things to wonder about, and everytime a question gets answered more arrive along with it, more importantly, every new revelation affects the characters and their actions in natural ways.

Also. the plot elements remain pretty consistent. As a jojo fan you must know about the "Araraki forgot" effect that the series has sometimes.

Here, we're up to season 3.5 and you can still feel like almost everything that's happened so far was already planned since the very start.

There's a bunch of foreshadowing of future plot points in season one that you'll only catch after you know what those points are (that trend continues throughout the other seasons, of course) and that goes a long way in making the series feel like more than your average show.
HyperLMay 12, 2019 5:11 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
May 12, 2019 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
Yandere-Dragon said:
My main issue with the series is there's a set of characters that won't die so there's no intensity in the action when it's supposed to be intense

Never say "wont" also could you name those characters? Just curious, I wont confirm or deny anything.
May 13, 2019 3:10 AM

Dec 2017
Why is anything ever popular tbh
May 13, 2019 4:17 AM

May 2009
It is fun and entertaining to alot of people, that's it.
May 13, 2019 4:36 AM

Nov 2014
I'm not hype about it much but i m a little excited to see if they adapt the Eren long hair parts
May 13, 2019 5:02 AM
Mar 2019
[quote=keragamming]
Yandere-Dragon said:
My main issue with the series is there's a set of characters that won't die so there's no intensity in the action when it's supposed to be intense

bullshit with the action you're saying, even popular anime like One Piece don't have a series of tragic deaths to their main character or some of their antagonists, and it's very bad and disgusting when the action event doesn't have a dramatic death, at least AOT its the best in giving a dramatic death to each character and ishiyama is a mangaka who has a hobby in killing characters that are favored by readers
May 13, 2019 2:40 PM

Feb 2016
Not liking mainstream shows does make you cool it just makes you look a poser. if you go in specifically looking for faults then you are sure to find them.
May 13, 2019 2:45 PM
Mar 2019
@Yandere-Dragon

I would definitely wait till part 2 of this season ends, cause then you will see what we have been excited about, the action is exciting for us to see animated finally yeah but thats just the scraps the real juicy meat us manga readers are hyped to see animated are the reveals
May 13, 2019 3:12 PM

Dec 2014
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Cyb3Knight said:
op here think his taste should be universally accepted. I was expecting this thread to drop sooner or later

OP asked a question because he's curious if he should invest time into the second season and wants to have a nice, civil discussion on the matter rather than people sperging out and acting like he's somehow disparaging the series or pushing others to dislike it.

It gets better and less predictable as you progress. S2 was amazing. I also thought the characters were bland at first, but i grew to love them. And many will get amazing development later on. Like the character Krista.. you won't believe what will happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2019 4:50 PM
Mar 2019
[quote=Yandere-Dragon]
Lukesterry said:
keragamming said:

bullshit with the action you're saying, even popular anime like One Piece don't have a series of tragic deaths to their main character or some of their antagonists, and it's very bad and disgusting when the action event doesn't have a dramatic death, at least AOT its the best in giving a dramatic death to each character and ishiyama is a mangaka who has a hobby in killing characters that are favored by readers
I never mentioned one piece, who cares what other anime do, we're talking about Attack on Titan, don't derail the discussion and use other stories to justify something else, that makes no sense.
yes, because some people like you are very annoying, when trying to judge something just by looking at 3 episodes, just wait until the event ends 10 episodes then you can say whether there will be a series of deaths that occur
May 13, 2019 5:09 PM

Apr 2019
@Yandere-Dragon can you give an example of a show that does it right in your opinion? "My main issue with the series is there's a set of characters that won't die so there's no intensity in the action when it's supposed to be intense"
You son of a .. turtle

May 13, 2019 6:52 PM

Apr 2019
Yandere-Dragon said:
Nim0174 said:
@Yandere-Dragon can you give an example of a show that does it right in your opinion? "My main issue with the series is there's a set of characters that won't die so there's no intensity in the action when it's supposed to be intense"

Don't look unless you don't care about vague spoilers of 2 anime series. I tried to be as vague as possible but considering the subject, I still consider it slightly spoilery.

Its too bad it bothers you that much, i actually felt Death being present throughout. I think its kinda obvious Main Characters don't die, its the case for most Shows, also i can't Speak for the first Example but for the 2nd
so yeah you said "My main issue with the series is there's a set of characters that won't die so there's no intensity in the action when it's supposed to be intense" but thats kinda contradictory for the 2nd example, there will always be some Characters for whom its clear that they won't die
You son of a .. turtle

May 14, 2019 6:03 PM
Mar 2017
i think the hype behind snk is because of its gripping premise that both excites and scares viewers, and that it's sometimes creative (e.g. the 3d manoeuver gear makes for epic fights & animation sequences). the reason why season 1 especially was so successful was that it was directed well and had a lot of intense action and exaggerated drama.

it's easy to criticise it as being cliche, shallow, and mindless in its action but it's entertaining to the audience and it made money, so it worked. imo season 1 was the best one for those reasons and i think if you didn't enjoy that then you shouldn't push yourself to watch all of it, it might just not be your kind of show :)
May 14, 2019 9:42 PM

May 2010
For me when I first started watching it from Season 1 Episode 1 when it first aired, I was instantly hooked. I was on the edge of my seat and thought the whole Titans eating people aspect was different from anything I had ever watched or read. If season 1 doesnt' grip you and suck you in, then it's probably just not for you.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
May 15, 2019 8:01 AM
May 2015
Sasori_Nagashi said:
Can someone explain the massive hype behind this series to me? I watched the first season and I really just couldn't get into it at all. The characters came across as super bland to me, we are thrust almost immediately into these scenes we should feel bad about without any real character building so it's like "wow some people I knew nothing at all about and am totally indifferent about died, I feel nothing."

The story was predictable at almost every turn in the first season, there isn't much investigation into world lore in the first season either, from memory. It just felt like they were trying to feels-bait me at most times and failing hard because they didn't even do the groundwork to make it successful.

I dunno, is it just a slow-starter or something?

I enjoy the series for the massive amounts of foreshadowing and plot-twists later on. In later arcs, the mysteries get even better, and honestly, overall I'd say the series only gets better as it goes on - I'd rate the first season as the weakest storyline-wise from my current understanding of the plot (not meaning it's bad, but it's overshadowed by what comes later. First season is more like a setup for what is to come - it really shines later, when major plot points are revealed and all the foreshadowing from season 1 explodes. Standalone, it doesn't have that much of an impact). If you like complex, more-than-what-it-seems stories, then I'd definitely recommend that you give it another chance.
羽根を焦がす無数の鳥が
灰を散らし安らぎ笑う
誰か散らせ
僕がここに居たという証も
骨はどうせ砂と化して消えるのに
May 15, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2011
it's hyped because many many people watch or read it and get entertained by it, fall in love with the franchise and can't wait to watch a new season, simple.

And if there are people who watch it and don't like it, just don't bash people who like it because us who loveeees attack on titan doesn't judge you either if you don't like AoT
May 16, 2019 6:51 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Yandereh said:
Not liking mainstream shows does make you cool it just makes you look a poser. if you go in specifically looking for faults then you are sure to find them.

Liking mainstream shows doesn't make you any cooler either. Some people like things. Some people don't like those same things. Some people want to have a discussion about those things without people butting in with negativity and insults.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 16, 2019 6:51 AM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
MermaidGalaxies said:
For me when I first started watching it from Season 1 Episode 1 when it first aired, I was instantly hooked. I was on the edge of my seat and thought the whole Titans eating people aspect was different from anything I had ever watched or read. If season 1 doesnt' grip you and suck you in, then it's probably just not for you.

Thanks for the input.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 16, 2019 7:01 AM

Feb 2018
Sasori_Nagashi said:
MermaidGalaxies said:

Thanks for the input.

I guess you got your answer. This thread has just become bait for flame wars.
Hope you delete your thread
May 16, 2019 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
Well, it‘s the majorities taste
>>Same as our liking for jojo, others can‘t understand it
They hype aot, you don‘t do, pretty simple hmm
May 16, 2019 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Sasori_Nagashi said:

Thanks for the input.

I guess you got your answer. This thread has just become bait for flame wars.
Hope you delete your thread

You can't delete your own thread after five minutes of its creation. Only the mods can do it.
May 16, 2019 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
hype for Part 2
I already enjoy it more than part 1
May 16, 2019 9:19 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread locked

Plenty of offtopic and baiting. This will only continue to be derailed
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

735 by CoconutPizza »»
Yesterday, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

346 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Apr 25, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2019

802 by jebras »»
Apr 23, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.