Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Azur Lane' Announces Cast Members

New
Mar 21, 2019 10:10 PM

Nov 2007
The official website for the previously announced Azur Lane TV anime has launched and revealed a new teaser PV for the upcoming anime adaptation by Bibury Animation Studios. The teaser also confirms two of the cast members, who will reprise their respective roles from the smartphone game.

Cast
Enterprise: Yui Ishikawa (Shingeki no Kyojin)
Akagi: Mai Nakahara (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita)

Teaser

Official site: https://azurlane-anime.jp/
Official Twitter: @azurlane_anime

Source: Moca News
SnowMar 22, 2019 6:09 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 21, 2019 10:13 PM
Aug 2017
Very nice. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Hope to see Warspite
Mar 21, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2017
As someone who played both Kancolle & Azur Lane, I can said this : Azur Lane > Kancolle
Mar 21, 2019 10:19 PM

Jul 2017
KaijuKiller78 said:
Very nice. Hopefully it doesn't suck. Hope to see Warspite
Let's hope so, the only one hating this anime before it start is those hardcore Kancolle fans
Mar 21, 2019 10:25 PM

Sep 2018
The music sounds like avengers music
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Mar 21, 2019 11:11 PM

Aug 2016
Doujins brought me here.
Mar 21, 2019 11:37 PM

Jan 2008
Weird how they didn't list the rest of the cast shown, unless they're not going to keep the same voice actors for them?

Regardless, looking forward to it, hoping the game gets some kind of anime release event too.
Mar 21, 2019 11:41 PM

Feb 2015
This already had good doujinshi even when it didn't have anime adaptation. Anime Industry, stop ruining quality doujinshi pls!

But I'm ready... The ara ara oneesan looks like they'll step on me and it turns me on
Mar 22, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2014
Doujins brought me here. x2
Mar 22, 2019 6:06 AM

Jul 2009
They did Unicorn justice. She looks so cute in the PV.
Mar 22, 2019 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
This anime adaptation of Azur Lane is uhh.... a bad karma for me and i will give it a pass but i will play the game instead sorry folks and anyway i hope u guys think that the AL anime would not be as suck as the Kancolle anime

(the ghosts of famous admirals are watching)

P.S which animation studio who did this adaptation?
Prankster_001Mar 22, 2019 6:20 AM
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Mar 22, 2019 8:49 AM

Nov 2007
Paul said:
Weird how they didn't list the rest of the cast shown, unless they're not going to keep the same voice actors for them?
They slowly list the cast members, like Shoumetsu Toshi. I think all of the game casts in that franchise are tje same for anime adaptation. Or they need to discuss with the existing cast members and find out if they need to change the cast members like Island with Sara Garandou's seiyuu.
Prankster_001 said:
Bibury Animation Studio is the studio that is in charge of the anime adaptation.
tsubasaloverMar 22, 2019 8:58 AM
Mar 22, 2019 12:23 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly I thought the Kancolle anime was fine... this I think has a lot of potential to be pretty good. Given the PV, it looks like it'll be more so fun and entertaining.
Mar 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Apr 2016
it looks meh.. waiting for a new pv then decide if is worth to watch it

Mar 22, 2019 6:33 PM

Apr 2009
tsubasalover said:
Paul said:
They slowly list the cast members, like Shoumetsu Toshi. I think all of the game casts in that franchise are tje same for anime adaptation. Or they need to discuss with the existing cast members and find out if they need to change the cast members like Island with Sara Garandou's seiyuu.
Prankster_001 said:
Bibury Animation Studio is the studio that is in charge of the anime adaptation.
Oh my god Bibury will make that AL anime? well i will not really gonna watch this adaptation i will just play the orginal Azur Lane game or World of Warships instead the animation looks more nightmare-ish

Mar 23, 2019 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
Thank god they weren't dumb enough to change the seiyuus from the game.

I'm not going to say anything decisive, because this is just a very short teaser and the final quality is subject to change, but I was really loving both the art and animation shown. Just from what we saw here it looked really high quality and well done.

Yostar could've easily just partnered up with a studio to release some shit low budget adaptation as a quick cash grab and to spread the brand more, but it looks like they might be coming out of the gate swinging here and not pull any punches. I'm glad they seem to have taken the high road and actually worked to make this production seemingly big budget. Which is a good thing when comparing it to rival ship waifu series Kancolle. Because although the show itself was pretty meh and uninteresting with no real plot, the animation, art, soundtrack and OP/ED were all very good.

If Yostar can replicate that same high quality production, and just give us a story that isn't shit (which shouldn't be difficult given how low KanColle set the bar there), then this could turn out to be damn good.

I'm also hoping the animes story turns out good because the actual "story" you're given in the actual chapter missions in Azur Lane is pretty non-sensical, all over the place, incoherent, and riddled with translation issues. The anime could potentially fill that void.

Also best lewd yandere fox waifu Akagi looking better than ever. Even made her look more lewd with some more bewbage, so they're already getting points for that in my book.
Mar 23, 2019 2:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This is fantastic. I'm glad Nakahara Mai can still get fairly big roles like this. Definitely going to check it out!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 23, 2019 4:22 AM

Apr 2009
well u guys getting all the hype for the Azur lane anime but for me i might had an opinion for it bcoz for me the animation in the key visual looks something off and it did not match the actual design from the original illustration in the game though and u hope guys that this would not be as bad as that Kancolle anime :|

Mar 23, 2019 7:40 AM

Mar 2014
Wasshio said:
Honestly I thought the Kancolle anime was fine... this I think has a lot of potential to be pretty good. Given the PV, it looks like it'll be more so fun and entertaining.

Kancolle anime was not any attrocitous abomination, or something like that...but the action to slice-of-life ratio was really unbalanced. Also because the series was (well, still is) very popular, people were expecting a more concise plot, and some wonderful animation (it was not bad animated, mind you).

I also liked the movie, by the way.

I suspect this one will be a little better.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Mar 23, 2019 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Fabris said:
Wasshio said:

Kancolle anime was not any attrocitous abomination, or something like that...but the action to slice-of-life ratio was really unbalanced. Also because the series was (well, still is) very popular, people were expecting a more concise plot, and some wonderful animation (it was not bad animated, mind you).

I also liked the movie, by the way.

I suspect this one will be a little better.

Oh I totally agree with you, especially in the first Season where those aspects were completely just inconsistent. Especially when it comes to a series that focuses on a lot of characters too, which also kinda hurts it somewhat.

I just think the hate for Kancolle is overblown to a point where it's like, considered to be horrible, despite only suffering from few issues between the plot and the production (Mind you the CGI for this isn't bad on it's own but when you have CGI that clashes with the other models, like 2D models it kinda hurts).

With that being said based on my first impressions with the PV it does look like it'll look better than KanColle since the motions are more detailed and focused here. Hopefully that's still around for the actual product.
Mar 23, 2019 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Prankster_001 said:
well u guys getting all the hype for the Azur lane anime but for me i might had an opinion for it bcoz for me the animation in the key visual looks something off and it did not match the actual design from the original illustration in the game though and u hope guys that this would not be as bad as that Kancolle anime :|

My question is: Does it need to match to the designs of the game? Inherently that shouldn't be a problem to me, but rather how it's executed.

It's fine if you don't want to watch it but I'm just puzzled because a change in designs are there for a reason, since we're talking about Illustrated designs for the game (I haven't even played it I'm just judging it based on what I checked when it comes to designs).
Mar 23, 2019 4:23 PM

Apr 2009
Wasshio said:
Prankster_001 said:

My question is: Does it need to match to the designs of the game? Inherently that shouldn't be a problem to me, but rather how it's executed.

It's fine if you don't want to watch it but I'm just puzzled because a change in designs are there for a reason, since we're talking about Illustrated designs for the game (I haven't even played it I'm just judging it based on what I checked when it comes to designs).
as a humble sign of respect though well yes there should be a few changes in the animation of AL anime b4 it will aired on national TV and as sign of respect also i would rather play the game rather waiting for this abomination to air and watch (P.S this is only my opinion)
Prankster_001Mar 23, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 23, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2011
Well hopefully they have a competent Shikikan involved instead of just being not around at all like they did for KanColle. Enty is pretty much show she is in game in a way. Also, I'm banking on the Sandy Cult to follow this along with the HamHam Club too. Also, in before :LaffeyDrink: :HammBite: emotes.
Aug 19, 2019 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
Special Clip that Revealed during Comic Market 96
https://moca-news.net/article/20190819/2019081918000b_/01/

Pre-screening event on September 26,
2nd Anniversary Fes. on September 14 and 15 to reveal new info., PV, and a part of first ep.
https://moca-news.net/article/20190910/2019091010470a_/01/
tsubasaloverSep 15, 2019 1:41 AM

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
41 minutes ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
1 hour ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.