Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 4, 2018 2:10 AM

Jul 2011
H-scenes pretty much on all chapters, sex addicted rich bitch who can't get enough and finally says "I love you" after all that lust :D pls

Anyway one of the greatest this type anime, I've read.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 7, 2018 1:00 PM

Feb 2013
I dislike the ending, but not because it's misguided but because it wasn't presented in the best way. I get the idea that IF they both had greener pastures in life it'd be a good idea to go seperate ways and maybe see one-another again. But, I didn't buy Shin's situation, he just had a regular 20-30$hr highrise job, nothing that big to lose. Sure he might lose friends and his culture of japan, but the manga failed to present that dynamic earlier.

Ending was a bit pretentious honestly, like the author realized too late what the story could've been. But I'm fine with it, the characters were great and it was a good drama. Like an anti-thesis to Brave New World

Impala said:
This hentai manga tried too hard to have a cohesive story it's funny. And don't get me start with the characters..

WOOSH
Nov 7, 2018 1:15 AM

Jul 2009
Even though the story isn't particularly deep and the sex scenes feel more like smut than drama, I couldn't put this down until the end. The ending was disappointing, but at least it didn't feel abrupt.

Also...

Mutsumi >>>>> Kanoko
Feb 18, 2019 5:10 AM

Feb 2018
Woahhh good ending I think they Will married but Kano want to learn about family corporation

Feb 22, 2019 4:48 AM

Oct 2012
I wish this got an epilogue or an oVA/ anime with a different happy fuzzy ending
Mar 7, 2019 6:55 AM
Sep 2018
Really bittersweet. I feel like they won't actually met again, as Kano is probably not going to come back. The way that when he asked when she would be back, she replied by asking him to come wither her, and then the tears in her eyes when he said no. Idk tho. Thats just how i saw it
Mar 7, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2012
timpark314 said:
Really bittersweet. I feel like they won't actually met again, as Kano is probably not going to come back. The way that when he asked when she would be back, she replied by asking him to come wither her, and then the tears in her eyes when he said no. Idk tho. Thats just how i saw it

good thing theres no content after to prove your theory.
Mar 21, 2019 5:12 AM
Oct 2018
I really enjoyed the entire manga, very good story in an adult oriented package.
In hindsight, I wanted a little less sex scene, in favour of a little more story and developments . Especially the panels with the orgy and the guys screwing the girls who were pictured as mere instruments. Those parts really disgusted me.
The end left something to desire, The showdown with the auntie took berely 1 chapter and them without even keeping in touch for 3+ years for then go in separate ways anyway, with the promise to meet again one day. Those open endings really upsets me so much >.<

However, exept the 2-3 point that I mentioned the manga was really really good, it really hooked me and I read it in berely 3 hours, the entire story got me hard

I gave it 9/10, would have been 10 with an actual happy ending
Keo94May 3, 2019 9:21 AM
May 6, 2019 11:21 AM
May 2015
I don't know why people are saying that she won't be back, I mean she is gonna teach management on branching office, which doesn't take a year.

It is still a bummer for me that we haven't got the epilogue because the author went AWOL.
Jun 2, 2019 7:08 AM
Oct 2018
ss4chris said:
timpark314 said:

Exactly. I will continue to force myself to think that they are definitely going to met again and have a long and happy life together.

But...
Skittles said:

Mutsumi >>>>> Kanoko

That’s for sure. I’m happy to see that she is still seeing Nitta’s brothers more than three years later.

But yeah, except that I must sat that for long (for a lot of chapters at least since I finish it in one day) I didn’t really love that manga more than that and I hesitate to drop it since I was worried that the end would just kind of frustrate me and that I won’t enjoy it but I’m happy that I’ve finish it and that the end wasn’t one of the kind that I was worry about. (The fact that I push myself to read it in one day helped me to finish it I think. I don’t think I would have continued the next day.)
DieuMivasJun 2, 2019 7:31 AM
Jun 14, 2019 1:19 PM

Jun 2017
a bittersweet ending with their emotions conveyed without any need to utter the magic words.I have fell in love with the mangaka on how she deals with her pacing of her story even when it is cliched at its core
Jun 18, 2019 2:02 PM

Mar 2019
daaaamn, that ending, i was so hoping for them to get together properly, so sad ;__;
Jul 18, 2019 4:29 AM
Jan 2013
I don't like this ending and I don't understand it. The work and career is only the source of money to live, they easily can live together and both have career.

He even can work in her company and support her in her family business. The trustworthy man on high ranked position is what she need.

On top of that they both have feelings to each other. So I don't see any reason to not marry.
Feb 9, 2020 8:01 PM

Feb 2019
This manga was unexpectedly beautiful. I was expecting it to be purely borderline hentai, but it turned out it had a complicated story. At one point early on I almost dropped it because I thought there was no depth. But I started loving it more and more slowly. And somehow it turned into such a sweet story about Nitta and Kano and how they hit their lowest points possible. But the most blissful moments were seeing Nitta and Kano in the last chapters, together not because of the debt or to fill a void but because finally they realised they wanted and needed each other.

This ending was bittersweet, but made sense. I guess I would've liked an ending where after three years they just got together less, after I think about it. What I would really like is like an epilogue chapter even years later, maybe 5 years after Kano left, where they've got all their affairs in order and are ready to start a relationship, get married, live their lives together.

I really wish we could see that, but that's just a pipe dream I guess. Not sure if this is a 7 or an 8. But thoroughly enjoyed it, and will now see this author's other works!
Feb 22, 2020 8:20 PM
Feb 2020
binge read all of this in the last 2 hours, was pretty good ill give it an 8/10........... until i read that god damn ending

garbage ending, nitta wtf

god dammit nitta, you had 1 job

6/10 manga
dumbocowFeb 23, 2020 3:25 PM
Apr 11, 2020 12:33 AM
Feb 2020
[quote=DieuMivas message=57735186]
ss4chris said:
timpark314 said:

Exactly. I will continue to force myself to think that they are definitely going to met again and have a long and happy life together.

But...
[quote=Skittles]

Well if she’s teaching at a branch office, she will likely be back within a year. She also states that she barely speaks English, so it’s unlikely she’s actually relocating. Not to mention, her goal is to take over the company from her father. She’s coming back 100%. I will admit, they make her look like she isn’t because she seems extra sad about him saying he can’t go.

As for the time skip, they obviously weren’t in a relationship like they want to be, but I’d bet they were doing what they had been during the manga. He said he didn’t change his number so I think she’s been calling him up here and there, why else would he be thinking of changing his number? He continues to pretend to be annoyed, but he clearly loves it when she calls. I think the mature relationship is what’s on hold, they know how they feel, but Kano was too busy to focus on a relationship with school.

That’s my understanding of the ending. Really good for the genre, 9/10. Had me finish it in one sitting because I didn’t want to put it down.
Jul 11, 2020 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
Usual annoying endings with any kind of "romance" genre manga, so often there is a timeskip where the pair is kept apart for some dumb arbitrary reason and this is no exception. Overall story was absurd of course but given the content that isn't exactly a much of a problem. This final chapter does irritate me though. Can't learn business and have a boyfriend at the same time... millions of people go to school and date you know. Artificial drama.
Jul 30, 2020 11:57 PM

Jan 2020
Definitely bittersweet, but it's a great ending nonetheless. Don't get me wrong, I would also love to see them get together. But given the context of how much Japanese value their work in real life, I think the ending is logical.

But man, I can't say I didn't cry like a bitch!
IrrelevantGuyJan 11, 2021 9:23 AM
Sep 7, 2020 2:02 AM
Jul 2019
This is as average as you can get. Felt like nothing really happened until the end. All it did was kill three hours of my time, which I appreciate. Did get some boners here and there but that's about it. You might think that the ending isn't good for you, but it certainly is in my perspective. And that's the reason why it didn't touch the negatives.

A doujin could've done it better in about 200 pages.

5/10.
SomeGuyWithHairSep 7, 2020 2:07 AM
Sep 20, 2020 1:22 PM

Jun 2020
i know this was basically an hmanga but i wanted to cry at the end, so bittersweet yet heartwarming. i truly feel sorry for her
Sep 20, 2020 4:17 PM

Oct 2012
this deserved an anime adaptation
Nov 7, 2020 6:26 AM

Dec 2014
Really loved the character development, sadly the force ending kinda put me off. If you have feelings for somebody, you just don't time skip 3 years just to tell them that you are going even far away, also i don't know why they quickly wrapped it up like that, it felt very rushed. I was in this 100% for the characters, and boy they delivered, sadly the ending was a low point. 8/10
Jan 3, 2021 1:49 AM

Jan 2020
flo7 said:
Really loved the character development, sadly the force ending kinda put me off. If you have feelings for somebody, you just don't time skip 3 years just to tell them that you are going even far away, also i don't know why they quickly wrapped it up like that, it felt very rushed. I was in this 100% for the characters, and boy they delivered, sadly the ending was a low point. 8/10

I don't think it's necessarily a "rushed" or a "bad" ending. Considering how much value Japanese people give to their work, it's believable why Shin didn't choose to live with Kanoko at the end. But man, do I wish for them to get together! I really do hope that they ended up together. Really.
Jan 9, 2021 8:56 PM

Apr 2019
this is basically an hmanga, outside of the h it was pretty bad...

3/10

Jan 11, 2021 8:23 AM

Dec 2014
IrrelevantGuy said:
flo7 said:

I don't think it's necessarily a "rushed" or a "bad" ending. Considering how much value Japanese people give to their work, it's believable why Shin didn't choose to live with Kanoko at the end. But man, do I wish for them to get together! I really do hope that they ended up together. Really.

I don't understand, imagine sacrificing the probable love of your life, so you can continue working. What is the point of even working then, if you let your life pass you by. Boy that's eerie.
Jan 11, 2021 9:22 AM

Jan 2020
flo7 said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

I don't understand, imagine sacrificing the probable love of your life, so you can continue working. What is the point of even working then, if you let your life pass you by. Boy that's eerie.

Well, it doesn't make much sense when we see it from our point of view. But try to perceive this from the perspective of a typical Japanese salaryman. To him, work matters more than almost everything in the world (kind of). The author herself, I believe, has said that. This explains why Shin decided to stay in Japan and continue his work. That's not all, though, as he did this for the welfare of Kanoko as well.

By the way, chances are that they do end up together after a while.
IrrelevantGuyJan 11, 2021 9:26 AM
Apr 3, 2021 9:49 PM
Feb 2021
the story got rushed and lot of plotholes but it still managed to become my all time fav kinda wished author would've wrote a few more chapters.
Apr 21, 2021 1:17 PM
Apr 2019
It was a good ride tho , I feel bad for Nitta when he loss everything .but Kanoko still beside him . Nice manga 👍🏻 . P.S :Fuck you Saeki Rumi ! I was grown pretty like to her but damn she's a Bitch !
Oct 15, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2007
Again finally finish reading by the 5th time. The ending is great for the imagination but this could of have a lot more chapters and people would still read it. Great job Harumi, Chihiro.
Aug 7, 2023 8:45 PM
Mar 2023
like the mysterious story and heart warming ending.
May 11, 5:48 AM

Feb 2024
Good grief, after all those awful craps,
fair developments did happened to the MCs.
Although, personally, the open ended resolution was a letdown for me. Truly a wasteful "Time-Skip".
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How did this get marked as a H manga?

LittleHmongBoi - Apr 14

12 by LittleHmongBoi »»
Apr 15, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 9 Discussion

KuroDubZero - May 24, 2011

18 by parzxval »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 3 Discussion

-Kazu - Feb 4, 2011

16 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 2 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

14 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 1 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

22 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.