Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2017 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
It's time for Sawako's moving out. Chizuru is the first one besides her parents to send her away. Then Kazehaya. She left them alone since they got into that mood immediately. The kiss, then he gave her the letter, a late reply to his birthday letter she gave him.

Remembering the time when they first met, opening ceremony of high school.

Then time flies by fast. Sawako is back to Kazehaya.

The end was anti-climax after building up too much feeling in the last few chs., my rating went from full 10 to 9.
tsubasaloverDec 9, 2017 12:51 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 11, 2018 3:52 AM
Dec 2016
this manga was amazing, I love all the characters from this series. Glad i waited 6 months for VIZ to translate the ending.
Jan 24, 2019 12:27 AM

Sep 2010
Like tsubasalover said, the ending wasted all the emotional build-up. It went from "Goodbye! I won't forget everyone!" to "I'm back!" in literally five pages. Compared to the rest of the series, the end was very abrupt. I really wanted to give the series a ten, but the last pages turned the rating to a nine.

In the creator's notes, Shiina-san mentioned that she had ideas for possible bonus chapters in the future. If any additional chapters do get made, I would happily accept them.

Edit:Never mind, I found out there were bonus chapters.
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 2nd Spinoff Chapter This Fall | Anime News Network
Kimi ni Todoke Manga's 2nd Spinoff Chapter Debuts Next Month
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 3rd Spinoff Chapter in March
DaisukiJan 24, 2019 12:47 AM

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 24, 2019 1:51 AM

Apr 2017
Where did you guys find these chapters, the original Japanese book?

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jan 27, 2019 3:07 AM

Nov 2011
Kuraya said:
Where did you guys find these chapters, the original Japanese book?

The official French translation for my part. There is also the US one if I'm not mistaken.
Jan 27, 2019 3:27 AM

Apr 2017
Do you know of any website having that translation, the French one I mean

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Mar 2, 2019 2:41 AM
Jan 2019
Daisuki said:
Like tsubasalover said, the ending wasted all the emotional build-up. It went from "Goodbye! I won't forget everyone!" to "I'm back!" in literally five pages. Compared to the rest of the series, the end was very abrupt. I really wanted to give the series a ten, but the last pages turned the rating to a nine.

In the creator's notes, Shiina-san mentioned that she had ideas for possible bonus chapters in the future. If any additional chapters do get made, I would happily accept them.

Edit:Never mind, I found out there were bonus chapters.
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 2nd Spinoff Chapter This Fall | Anime News Network
Kimi ni Todoke Manga's 2nd Spinoff Chapter Debuts Next Month
Kimi ni Todoke Manga Gets 3rd Spinoff Chapter in March
where can I read those?
Mar 2, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2010
midwiferuler said:
where can I read those?

Hi! Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the chapters were only serialized in Japan so far. I haven't read the spinoff chapters either, but hopefully they are collected into one volume in the future.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 3, 2019 1:57 AM
Jan 2019
Daisuki said:
midwiferuler said:
where can I read those?

Hi! Unfortunately, to my knowledge, the chapters were only serialized in Japan so far. I haven't read the spinoff chapters either, but hopefully they are collected into one volume in the future.
Hello! Thanks lets hope it will come out soon.
May 20, 2019 2:36 PM

May 2010
Wow, that was underwhelming and just weak ending even for a shoujo manga. Remind me what was the whole drama in the few previous volumes? I feel like author didn't have many ideas for this series anymore. I mean, it's 30 volumes long, which is A LOT, especially for shoujo romance, and... honestly, barely anything happens in it.

At the beginning Sawako had to learn a lot, and go through some tough life experiances, but she gained good friends, close-to-perfection boyfriend, and even became super popular and liked among other people in her school (which happens irl, like, never?). And it's been the same pace/problems since, dunno, last 10 volumes. Most of side-arcs did not go anywhere, I guess if you really loved the characters, you could have some fun just following their everyday life... for me it's not enough.

6/10 just because I enjoyed the first third or so quite a lot. The rest... not so much. There are plenty other way more interesting and original stories in this genre. This one's too perfect and idealistic, made me wanna puke rainbow sometimes.
Feb 22, 2021 11:00 AM
Jan 2021
Thank you Kimi ni Todoke, I’m a guy and you made me cry, I learned a lot of things reading your manga I hope that someday I can say to a girl” From me to you”, anyway thanks.
Sep 1, 2021 7:33 PM

Apr 2008
The ending was a bit weird - thought they'd do a proper time skip but it sort of just ended.
Overall though -
Wow what a beautiful manga. So many tear jerker moments. I'm glad there was continuation from the anime to continue the storyline, and develop the side characters. I particularly loved Chizu + Ryu's relationship.
I like that this one doesn't have anything overly dramatic happen (e.g. family members passing, etc) so it's a pretty lighthearted vibe.
Character development of Sawako was slow and a bit frustrating in the beginning, but she's grown so much. Definitely going to be awhile since I find the next one that tops this! 9/10 for me
Nov 4, 2021 2:36 PM

Jul 2021
Woww!! This took me forever to finish but i’m glad i finally did!!
This will always be my favorite manga, not because it was good, but because i feel so emotionally connected to it. :( Really, it made me go thru an emotional rollercoaster LMAO!
Thank you, Shiina for writing such a great book. Love you forever Sawako&Kazehaya <333.

Post-manga depression, i feel empty now lol.>u<
ella hace todo por seducirme
Mar 12, 2022 5:14 PM

Apr 2020
This manga definitely dragged, I felt like it could’ve ended with less chapters. I liked the characters though
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
May 5, 2023 4:51 PM

Sep 2020
What a treat this was to read. I was in the need of a feel-good manga and this definitely hit that perfectly for me. So wholesome, and you really connect with the characters over the years. Maybe I'll read the spinoff, but think I'll take a break first.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 79 Discussion

tsubasalover - May 15, 2013

19 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 20, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 78 Discussion

tsubasalover - Apr 12, 2013

10 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 20, 12:38 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 77 Discussion

tsubasalover - Mar 14, 2013

11 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 20, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 76 Discussion

Zhou - Feb 19, 2013

11 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 20, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Chapter 75 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

15 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 28, 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.