Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 24, 2008 4:22 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First of all I want to say that it was obvious Sai was not going to get harmed for those who don't read the manga.

This was subbed btw you can get it here:
http://www.zomgsubs.com/naruto/zomg-naruto-shippuuden-episode-44/

I don't wanna spoil it much yet since probably no one seen it yet :P.
Jan 24, 2008 5:56 PM

May 2007
this is aids man.
Jan 24, 2008 6:20 PM

Oct 2007
eh...oh no?? WHAT??!! Reallly?? OMFG He didn't? Wait they'r still talking..SUPER HEAL FTW...OMG NO WAI! Follow them now!

lulzz wut happened to me guys?

*bad music plays* uh oh hokage trouble!

I skipped at the very least 8+ minutes of this episode xD

Sorry I just wrote what came to mind so muhahaha
Jan 24, 2008 8:34 PM
Sep 2007
I just don't know, this arc seems so much cooler in the manga LOL, I have no idea why.
Hi
Jan 24, 2008 8:43 PM

May 2007
Hawaiian420 said:
I just don't know, this arc seems so much cooler in the manga LOL, I have no idea why.

Lol, yeah, pretty much.

I actually am glad that I watched this episode. I had forgotten the specifics of Danzou and what exactly occurred in the manga at this point, story wise with him. Now actually being reminded of these things now, a couple of the events in the manga further down the line might be more significant that I previously thought.

Anyway, episode was just as boring as the rest of Shippuuden.
Jan 24, 2008 9:44 PM

Dec 2007
Not that great of an episode, lots of stalling by repeating old stuff and filling with uselessness as usual.
playconnJan 24, 2008 9:50 PM
Jan 24, 2008 10:00 PM

Jul 2007
Freaken SLOW MAN! Who's dumb ass idea was to make naruto shippoden such a long drawn out series, its like they intentionally slowing things down considerably, its nothing like the original naruto series. Very sad indeed :( Manga is so much better.

Jan 25, 2008 1:02 AM

Dec 2007
link9us said:
Freaken SLOW MAN! Who's dumb ass idea was to make naruto shippoden such a long drawn out series, its like they intentionally slowing things down considerably, its nothing like the original naruto series. Very sad indeed :( Manga is so much better.

They are going slow intentionally. probably don't want the same thing to happen as it did in the original series. They caught up with the mangas and had to do about 100 or so filler episodes. First series was terrible because there was no plot 75% of its run, this time around they're going super slow which is another problem itself. Oh well, I keep watching for some reason...
Jan 25, 2008 8:22 AM

Jan 2008
I still cant get over how bad the end credits are, honestly, I truly believe the producers of this show are evil and loving every minute of this abomination of an adaptation.

I remain disappointed in Japanese otaku who sit idly by letting this human rights violation continue to be perpetrated. They should have attacked the TV building already.

But no, they're too busy jerking off to some moe crap right about now, GODAMNIT.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 25, 2008 11:03 AM

Jun 2007
Decent episode and the pacing seemed fine to me. But yes, the manga is superior, and dare I say, the third best shounen running. Behind One Piece and Claymore :P
The cake is a lie
Jan 25, 2008 1:14 PM

Aug 2007
OMFG... As always boring! Although I liked Orochimaru, he's such a smex one ^^
But why for god sake after every phrase show everyones emotion TWICE... Can't wait to see Sasuke...
Jan 25, 2008 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
Oh my, another slow episode. I'd rather have fillers than this. -sigh-
Jan 25, 2008 1:43 PM

Jun 2007
CrackedFlowers said:

If it's so bad, you should probably, you know, quit watching it.
The cake is a lie
Jan 25, 2008 4:32 PM

Oct 2007
Same old boring crap.

Jan 25, 2008 5:12 PM
Jul 2007
rebornaraku said:
CrackedFlowers said:

ya seriously... no point in watching something you dont even like :|
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Jan 25, 2008 6:38 PM
Nov 2007
Zelos said:
rebornaraku said:
CrackedFlowers said:

pishposh.
just cuz we hate these super slow episodes doesnt mean we dont wna watch the anime
(the producers effing know this and use it to make these super crap-tastic episodes GRAWR)

ugh. this is so frustrating. he didnt remember anything !? why can naruto be cool like effin sasuke or something.
blehk. 2/5.

maybe next week...
Jan 25, 2008 7:23 PM

Jul 2007
I heard this was the last episode of this arc, and they were going into afew filler episodes?

Anyway, im dropping this anime.
Jan 26, 2008 4:13 AM

Jan 2008
Hawaiian420 said:

LOL i wonder why :)

Frenz said:
I heard this was the last episode of this arc, and they were going into afew filler episodes?

Anyway, im dropping this anime.

OMG yuo gotta be kidding me men, isn't it already enough filler am really really sad,, naruto is screwed up men, love tyhe show but this is just bulll
Jan 26, 2008 5:33 AM

Jan 2008
Too. Damn. Slow.
On the whole, I like the story but it's being deliberately hindered by constant recaps.
Message to the producers - We're big boys now. We remember things for longer than half an hour. Stop stalling for time and get on with the freakin' story!
Jan 26, 2008 6:38 AM

Jun 2007
Starting to think about it. The producers are pretty damn clever! By filling the episodes of flashbacks and recycled scenes. They can pretty much produce an entire episode without having to do any actual animating xD
Jan 26, 2008 6:54 AM

Jan 2008
The producers are probably yakuza, or indebted to the yakuza.

Or maybe its Korea's method of destroying Japan? I keep hearing about outsourcing animation to Koreans, I think I saw a few Korean names in the credits too.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 26, 2008 2:06 PM

Sep 2007
I just want to drop it so badly...but then...i cant. oO i dont know why, maybe because i need something to bash with friends xD
or because im still hoping that it will get better when they reach the next battles...*sighs*
Jan 26, 2008 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
I cant drop Naruto. I love the story, the characters, the concept. The manga is really good, Kishimoto is a good author.

I didnt watch the two years of fillers, because I hate fillers in principle.

As bad as this show gets, unless fillers rear their ugly heads, I just cant drop it.

:(
Jan 26, 2008 3:10 PM

Sep 2007
Yeah, the Manga is really good, and im still reading it. But the Series just go on my nerves.
I didnt watch the fillers either, but i must say that i liked them more than those stretched episodes cause i could skip them without missing some stuff that i wanted to see animated.

But im afraid i cant drop it either until fillers are showin' up in Shippuuden.
But..who knows. And maybe it will get better. I hope so.
Jan 26, 2008 10:52 PM

Dec 2007
Yeah, the pacing is really ruining the series for me. If they don't want to catch up with the manga they could still have some episodes that cover over 2 chapters, and some episodes that are slow paced. I've caught up to the latest chapter, and the only reason i'm still watching this is because i want to see the fights animed.
Jan 26, 2008 11:17 PM
Jul 2007
"Hey guys we almost died, lets stand around and discuss what happened"
Jan 27, 2008 6:19 AM
Jan 2008
Ugh. Another semi-useless episode. Anyone noticed how jumpy the animation was?

The snake at the beginning, Sakura's hands, Sai getting out of that hole. It was weird...
Jan 27, 2008 7:35 AM

Aug 2007
What happened to these series? ;_; I wanna good old Naruto back..

Jan 27, 2008 7:58 AM

Jun 2007
Queen said:
What happened to these series? ;_; I wanna good old Naruto back..

Its been dead since the fillers started. Stick with the manga. At least that is still somewhat decent.
Jan 29, 2008 12:31 AM

Aug 2007
I'm already reading manga:) But still, I hope that Shippuuden will reborn.lol

Jan 29, 2008 8:25 AM

Jul 2007
I have been watching naruto for years, season 1 drew me in.

I now watch it out of habit, and not out of love for the show. Its 20mins of a week so i can sit though it.

Imo, Shipuden has been so full of filler footage, stalling, dragged out that even the bits of key material feel like filler.
Jan 30, 2008 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
*sigh*
Hopefully itll become faster. Maybe they'll put atleast 2 chapters in an episode maybe???
Jan 31, 2008 9:59 AM

Aug 2007
I watch it out of habit too. I'm reading the manga so Shippuuden is boring as can be for me. I just have to force myself not to skip some of the blabbing and standing around looking at eachother or like in this episode healing...xD Sheesh. Seriously, I'm thinking of dropping this series >.>
I'll be nicer if you give me chocolate and bishies ^^
Jan 31, 2008 4:29 PM
Jan 2008
i finally got to watch this ep 2 nights ago and it was so unimpressively boring that i'ea completely 4gotten already what happened, safe 4 the posts here. hope it has less talkin more action from next week on.
watch anime because you like it!
Jan 31, 2008 7:52 PM
Nov 2007
so remember those 3 giant walls/gate things Orochimaru set up against naruto's hyper beam attack or w/e ?

well.. im watching the old eps of naruto (the ones where they're trying to save sasuke by beating those 4-5 random ppl who were orochimaru's cronies or sumn)

and the two headed guy who faught kiba. just frickin summoned one of those gate things.

pretty amazing i think ><
i mean. the subtle consistency btwn all the eps.

knvm im dumb >______<
Feb 6, 2008 2:53 PM

Jun 2007
crowslayer91 said:
Zelos said:
rebornaraku said:
CrackedFlowers said:

pishposh.
just cuz we hate these super slow episodes doesnt mean we dont wna watch the anime
(the producers effing know this and use it to make these super crap-tastic episodes GRAWR)

ugh. this is so frustrating. he didnt remember anything !? why can naruto be cool like effin sasuke or something.
blehk. 2/5.

maybe next week...

I agree with: I rather watch fillers.
as long as they are not slow as this (I dont get why they make so slow) isnt the manga way far? -____-
naruto shippuuden is so slow for no reason. the story is so interesting but because it is this slow many people are dropping it
the producers have to know by now how much people dislike how slow it is (and they better) what is wrong with them Dx
Feb 8, 2008 5:49 PM

Oct 2007
Want to drop so bad... Got nothing better to download though... God I hate naruto... As we speak im reading this / typing my response as episode 45 is playing in the background, and I can tell I'm not missing a damn thing.
Feb 29, 2008 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
Well, I watched quite an amount of fillers, so that's probably why I don't feel a slow pace. But once I catch up, which is just 4 more episodes, I guess I'll read the manga and then feel the Anime slow as hell. =p

Also... am I the only one who thought of Miroku form InuYasha when Yamato was using that weird technique on Naruto?

Oksi-chan said:
OMFG... As always boring! Although I liked Orochimaru, he's such a smex one ^^
But why for god sake after every phrase show everyones emotion TWICE... Can't wait to see Sasuke...

Did I read this the right way? Do my eyes fool me? Someone thinks Orochimaru is sexy?! o.o The creepy hybrid between Michael Jackson and a Snake?! =/
Oct 13, 2008 1:37 PM

Jan 2008
mulderman said:
Starting to think about it. The producers are pretty damn clever! By filling the episodes of flashbacks and recycled scenes. They can pretty much produce an entire episode without having to do any actual animating xD

Lol, that's what they're aiming for xD
This episode was alright I guess - not like we saw much action, just learned some interesting stuff.

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Sep 19, 2009 10:30 AM

Mar 2009
I hate Sai.

Jun 3, 2010 7:27 PM

Oct 2008
Meh.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Aug 3, 2010 10:08 AM

Mar 2010
ok whats in the picture book i wonder

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 31, 2011 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
I'm calling bullshit on the whole "sai being a traitor" theory. Was anyone paying attention in the first episode? He was clearly allied with Naruto and Sakura.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 26, 2013 11:46 AM

Apr 2010
Even interesting, I'm wondering what's written in that letter he's received. :3
Aug 26, 2013 2:46 PM
Jun 2013
Good episode and too slow ! I'm wondering what going on between sai and orochimaru
Aug 20, 2014 4:38 PM
Jul 2018
It is so interesting
Sep 20, 2014 6:00 AM
May 2012
LOL at the 2 post above mine.
Anyway, yes, Sakura, you love Naruto. So please, stop hitting him when you just healed him =_=
Jun 7, 2015 4:29 AM
Jun 2012
Team Kakashi can't seem to catch a break, can they? All of their pretty boys get roped in by a creepy old man. Seriously though, how did Sai even know Orochimaru was gonna show up? According to Kabuto, he and Orochimaru were expecting Sasori, so it can't be an elaborate setup concocted by Orochimaru and Danzo. Unless Kabuto is talking out of his ass of course, which frankly wouldn't be the first time. Anyway, kinda intrigued by what's gonna happen next between Sai and Orochimaru. I doubt Sai will actually join Orochimaru's forces.
Jun 23, 2015 5:34 AM

Nov 2014
Loved this episode, great!
Jun 27, 2015 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
The entire episode did nothing but build tension. I really don't know how I feel about that.
"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~Lelouch Lamperouge
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 133 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ssjbryando - Oct 29, 2009

191 by shoelaze »»
Apr 25, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 346 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

58 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 23, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 343 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Griffith - Dec 19, 2013

152 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 22, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 500 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

435 by Mabexix »»
Apr 22, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Episode 339 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loveyuri - Nov 21, 2013

162 by Lukas_AAW »»
Apr 21, 11:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.