Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 23, 2018 2:48 AM

Aug 2017
I started the show yesterday and couldn’t get past the first half of the first episode because of this. The show seems good but the video quality is just bad. It looks like someone took a SD version of Outlaw Star and then just upscaled and stretched it to 16:9.

Why they would do this on purpose perplexes me. Hopefully the Blu-ray is different but I’m not sure I want to pay to support that buisiness model.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Apr 23, 2018 2:50 AM

Aug 2017
AyunaAni said:
Personally, I think the animation style suits well with the atmosphere of the anime. At a certain degree it's more "badass" (overstatement). It's a subjective concept.

Anyways, watch the anime in 720p. I recommend downloading IDM, then downloading from OpenLoad servers.

I watch on a 4K TV and visually it looks like garbage. I’m into the story but look is just bad.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Apr 23, 2018 3:01 AM

Sep 2017
I watch on a 4K TV and visually it looks like garbage. I’m into the story but look is just bad.[/quote]

personally, anything is fine to me. I accept everything as is. If it's bad animation, be it, accept it. Just take it as, oh, this must be their style of animation.

I know, critics, but what of it really?

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 23, 2018 3:29 AM

Sep 2016
AyunaAni said:

personally, anything is fine to me.

Well, you are free to have no standard
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 23, 2018 4:40 AM

Mar 2017
shanimebib said:
Bourmegar said:
Funny how you guys jhdge this show for the scaling while being ok with other shows like Food wars relying on so many still shots.

And yet it has one of the higher scores of this season on MAL.

Yes. I know for an anime MAL scores are very important and Japan follows it.

Quality has no factor in popularity. 3-gatsu no Lion wasn't even popular last seasons among Japanese otaku.

It's called art style. The show is not trying to look clean like every modern anime. It'is trying to look like old classics such as Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Michiko to Hatchin. When anime looked better and was more original.
Brandon2149Apr 23, 2018 4:44 AM
Apr 23, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2016
Brandon2149 said:
shanimebib said:

Yes. I know for an anime MAL scores are very important and Japan follows it.

Quality has no factor in popularity. 3-gatsu no Lion wasn't even popular last seasons among Japanese otaku.

It's called art style. The show is not trying to look clean like every modern anime. It'is trying to look like old classics such as Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Michiko to Hatchin. When anime looked better and was more original.
405p resolution is not an artstyle.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 23, 2018 6:42 AM
Feb 2017
It looks so "old" because they made it like that. It was not cutting corners but instead more work. they first made it 1080p then downscaled it to upscale it back to 740p. It was made that way to look like old classics such as cowboy bebop
Apr 23, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2018
GangsterCat said:
Brandon2149 said:

So lower quality is not a artstyle? Then fuck me 8-Bit is also not a artstyle too.
Apr 23, 2018 12:16 PM

Sep 2016
Groenboys said:
GangsterCat said:
So lower quality is not a artstyle? Then fuck me 8-Bit is also not a artstyle too.
No, it's not. low-res isn't artstyle.
CrossAnge

Apr 23, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2015
It actually looks really good in my opinion, and i'm not even an Ashita no Joe fan.

Megalo Box has a great 90's rough look, the scene with JD riding on his motorcycle on the first episode kind of reminded me of the style of Akira, not that crisp but still stylish with the neon lights against the dark pavement.

Apr 26, 2018 1:53 PM

Jul 2015
shanimebib said:
GangsterCat said:
I guess they knew that people will eat their shit anyway

Too early to tell if they won't use the resources they are saving now to use in the actual fight scenes later in the anime.

There was a fight scene in the second episode bro
Apr 26, 2018 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Dreamer_Plague7 said:
Don't judge a great anime based on its cover.

So don't judge an anime based on its animation? ok
Apr 26, 2018 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Ammar17j said:
If you don't like it.. Why do you watch it? I personally like the old stuff... It reminds me of Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo. I rather have this then those garbage animes these days...

Except those shows actually look pretty good
Apr 26, 2018 7:28 PM

Jul 2017
I just noticed this, i'm blind af. Btw I don't think it's a bad choice and the ones saying it's for "budget" don't know shit about animation.
Apr 26, 2018 7:59 PM
Nov 2017
Guatafat said:
I just noticed this, i'm blind af. Btw I don't think it's a bad choice and the ones saying it's for "budget" don't know shit about animation.

Most of them says ugly animation, they don't know what is ANIMATION mean...
Or maybe they're too much watch MOE Anime...
Or maybe they're TROLLS...
Apr 26, 2018 11:10 PM

Mar 2010
Seriously OP if you don't like TMS's choice to downscale then upscale it for a more retro appearance then nobody forcing you to watch it, plenty of viewers are perfectly fine with this choice and enjoy the series despite the overall picture quality.

To me you just sound self entitled and hellbent on trying to make your opinion fact.
Apr 27, 2018 2:05 AM

Sep 2016
Jryou said:

To me you just sound self entitled and hellbent on trying to make your opinion fact.

?
It's the fact that this is blurry low-res, you can't deny that
CrossAnge

Apr 28, 2018 6:51 AM

Feb 2015
I was actually interested in watching this anime but what they have done is simply unacceptable.
I'm watching anime since 2012. I also play games, sometimes.

Don't bother me if you want to 'become friends' or things like that.
It's tiresome. I know you just want to collect some meaningless numbers.
Thought: How many people sparked H. Charlotta just for blue pot?
Apr 28, 2018 10:57 PM

Jul 2015
Jryou said:
Seriously OP if you don't like TMS's choice to downscale then upscale it for a more retro appearance then nobody forcing you to watch it, plenty of viewers are perfectly fine with this choice and enjoy the series despite the overall picture quality.

the art already looks retro, why would you need to make the animation bleh? that should never be the case. older shows and movies that are "retro" have great animation. ashita no joe has great animation. this can't be an exception
Apr 29, 2018 8:20 PM

Jul 2015
Taz_ said:
shanimebib said:

Too early to tell if they won't use the resources they are saving now to use in the actual fight scenes later in the anime.

There was a fight scene in the second episode bro
and Episode 3 and 4 are good animation also(3 had great because of all the small quirky character animation throughout that episode like this for example https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/987787283863654400)

Here is a little more if you want some more examples https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=megalo_box+
SenpaiJay98Apr 29, 2018 8:23 PM
Sup...
May 1, 2018 11:45 PM

Mar 2014
Hakaminah said:
I was actually interested in watching this anime but what they have done is simply unacceptable.

I feel you. Dropped this after 10 seconds.
What they did is just dumb. I might just watch Joe until the BD of this comes out with an acceptable quality (or so I hope).

And I hate how people are simply accepting this. It COULD look BETTER, but for some stupid artistic decision it isn't. If you like low-res so much, just downscale it yourselves! Let me have my glorious 1080p, please.

(Btw, saying it is to imitate old anime is also plain stupid. Old anime looks great when remastered)
May 3, 2018 12:10 AM

Oct 2016
quit your bitching boi
May 3, 2018 8:45 AM

Jun 2013
I had no interest in watching this and with that quality they just made me less interested
May 3, 2018 10:14 PM

Apr 2015
What the fuck? I thought this show was modern? Eeeewwww
observing a woman's body
May 4, 2018 1:29 PM

Jun 2016
I absolutely love this style.
It is very hardcore and rough, it reminds me Hokuto no Ken.

Very smart choice, in my opinion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

73 by Meritas »»
Mar 15, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 12 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

24 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

24 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 10 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

21 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Megalo Box Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

28 by bubba460z »»
Feb 26, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.