Forum Settings
Forums

Seiyuu Yuka Terasaki Announces Marriage and Pregnancy

New
Apr 2, 2017 11:00 PM

Nov 2007
Seiyuu Yuka Terasaki has announced via her blog that she got married last year and is now pregnant. She wrote that she is sorry for the late announcement regarding her marriage, but that she will try her best to tend to her family while continue to work as a seiyuu. She mentioned that her husband is understanding about her job and supports her.

Terasaki debuted as a seiyuu as Megumi Katori in Onegai My Melody: Kuru Kuru Shuffle!. She also voiced Tenma Matsukaze in the Inazuma Eleven Go series, Chidori Takashiro in Kiznaiver, Marian in Chain Chronicle: Short Animation, Aludra in the Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari movie trilogy and TV series, Azuma Kazuki in Bubuki Buranki, young Tooru Acura in the Hitsugi no Chaika series, young Arata Wataya in the Chihayafuru series, young Makoto Sunakawa in Ore Monogatari!!, Kudelia Aina Bernstein in the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans series, and more. Her current roles are Charo in Puzzle & Dragons Cross and Shuri Ehara in Elite Jack.

Source: Official Blog
NaruleachApr 3, 2017 5:30 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 3, 2017 6:11 AM

Jul 2011
I still can't understand why this kind of news is published here. It has nothing to do with any anime or manga.
Apr 3, 2017 6:15 AM
Aug 2010
who are you, and who cares. I really don't get why get this type of news in MAL.
Apr 3, 2017 6:17 AM

Apr 2014
If some people don't want this kind of news, they should go to some normie news site like CNN or FOX.
Apr 3, 2017 6:29 AM
Jun 2015
Protaku Mr Wisdom xd ... Respect others opinions what can you lose???
Apr 3, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2014
ainky said:
I still can't understand why this kind of news is published here. It has nothing to do with any anime or manga.

It's news about seiyuus... which have everything to do with anime lol.
Apr 3, 2017 7:17 AM

Jul 2011
Yuki_Ookami said:
ainky said:

I want news about anime. Why should I care about her private life? She is just a voice.
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Jan 2016
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

I want news about anime. Why should I care about her private life? She is just a voice.

Anime is only possible due to the staff behind it, and seiyuus are a big part of that.
News regarding seiyuus are as important as news regarding anime.
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 AM

Jan 2014
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

I want news about anime.

If you look at the top of the News section of MAL, beside "ALL" is a tab labled "ANIME" with red dot beside it. Click that and you'll never see any news about anything but anime.

She may be "just a voice" to you, but those who actually see her as a human being and an actress are the people this kinda news is aimed at.
Apr 3, 2017 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
yddet said:
rip in spaghetti...

I hope her fans behave and not try to go after her over wanting to be happy.

Apr 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Mar 2014
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

#seiyuulivesmatter
Apr 3, 2017 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Yet another seiyuu that gets hitched...
Apr 3, 2017 9:53 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah, no big loss if she retires.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 3, 2017 10:07 AM

Mar 2014
ainky said:
´

Seiyuus and other production staff members are also listed on this website. The "favorite people" section exists for a reason.

Heck, there are people who only call the characters after their seiyuus.
Apr 3, 2017 1:44 PM
May 2015
Congratulations Miss Terasaki.
Apr 3, 2017 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Maybe Kudelia lost to atra but she win the true route
BANZZAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 3, 2017 4:39 PM
Jul 2018
Not much affect will carry on the anime industry if she decide to retire.
Apr 3, 2017 6:12 PM
Dec 2014
So he took responsibility 😎
Apr 3, 2017 6:15 PM
Dec 2014
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

Mmm ever been to IMDB? See all the news about actors and directors and their profiles? Yes? Are you getting it now?

Last but not least: you decided to click on the article.
Apr 3, 2017 8:28 PM

Sep 2011
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

Because said voice does voice acting for the shows you may or may not watch. If you don't care, don't click. You're the only one making this harder on yourself. MAL news isn't going to center itself around just anime, manga, etc. It'll go for everything down to its seiyuu's. SMH.
Apr 5, 2017 3:52 AM

Jun 2015
ainky said:
Yuki_Ookami said:

Because they're a big part of the marketing of any series, use to have a die-hard fanbase if they're remotely known in Japan and well, even can potentially have a salary way superior to those actually making the anime per se (talking about directors and stuff, that animators have terrible conditions is nothing new).

As of why this kind of news are published here. You can say it's an attempt to remotely make an approach to the Japanese audience's sensibilities or just that following seiyuu's personal life can be a sign for potential non-availability of them. And yes, there's people choosing what to watch based on the voices they hear (outside Japan). Sounds way less weird than anything ASMR-related to me.

So we're left with this kind of news, as a reminder that they're borderline celebrities in their country of origin. Then you have those retirement news about minor seiyuus that have made 5 works in the past 10 years being published, which kinda breaks my theory and use to get replies such as "Nothing of value's been lost" or mere disinterested and altruistic messages of "Good luck in your future projects".
UnowenApr 5, 2017 4:13 AM
Apr 6, 2017 7:42 PM

Apr 2011
MajinAkuma said:
Heck, there are people who only call the characters after their seiyuus.

Just pitching in, that is so fucking annoying.
Apr 7, 2017 9:36 AM

Oct 2012
Basil and young Arata!
Congratulations for your marriage ^
"Signature removed"

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
1 hour ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
4 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.