Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Do you think that your expectations of Steins;Gate 0 are too high and maybe it would not deliver?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 20, 2016 12:04 PM

Oct 2014
Bioshocked said:

Flash news: Suzuha will always be best girl.

-Senpai- said:

Are you blind, mate? Tuturu girl will always be the best girl.

Nah, Lukako is best... girl....

Feb 20, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
-Senpai- said:
Bioshocked said:

I used to be a Tuturu believer like you, but the bike shorts got me.
Feb 20, 2016 12:07 PM

Oct 2014
Bioshocked said:
but the bike shorts got me.

And there it is folks, another victim of the bike shorts
Feb 20, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2015
0207xander said:
Bioshocked said:

-Senpai- said:

Nah, Lukako is best... girl....

It can be...

Unless you're into that stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
NasalShark said:
I'd love to squeeze your nipples until they look like a purple slushie, Senpai.

Feb 20, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
0207xander said:
Bioshocked said:
but the bike shorts got me.

And there it is folks, another victim of the bike shorts

It happens to the best of us.
Feb 27, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
It's a midquel, not a sequel or a prequel. All of the groundwork is already there. It would be pretty hard to screw up what is basically already a part of the original story.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Feb 27, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2013
I'm probably going to be the first in this thread to say this, but I didn't think that the anime adaptation was all that great. I didn't like Steins;Gate all that much, and I certainly don't think it deserves its ranking as #2 on MAL. The movie was really quite bland and disappointing and I didn't find myself enjoying it at all, so there's that, too. Contrary to what I've said about Steins;Gate up till now, I have read most of Linear Bounded Phenogram and I really enjoyed Faris' arc. When I sit down to watch the anime, I'm disappointed even more by the fact that Rumiho is never properly fleshed out and remains a mostly 2-dimensional character throughout the entire thing, even when she gets her screen time. Steins;Gate was a 9-hour adaptation of a 40-hour long visual novel (that I also didn't think was the best thing ever, but it was still good), so obviously content is going to be cut out. The issue with this is that the show suffers for it. All the details they cut out removes another layer of depth. This is unavoidable.

Aside from the problem with adapting things in general, I didn't like ANY of the characters in Steins;Gate. Not in the anime adaptation, anyway. Suzuha is the closest I came to liking a character, and I can stomach Okabe, but god do I hate Mayuri and Kurisu. Since we're talking about characters, I didn't mention Daru, since he doesn't really qualify as one.

With that in mind, in this character-driven drama about the tragic relationship Okabe and Kurisu have, I find myself not caring one way or the other. A mild interest is as far as I'll go.

Even though I don't care for the characters, I am actually interested in the plot and the dystopian future, which is something Steins;Gate never touched on. I think this was one of the most interesting aspects of the story, and they're finally paying attention to it. This is the only thing I'm hyped up for in regard to Steins;Gate 0.

My expectations are quite low, I don't think I'll be disappointed.
Feb 28, 2016 3:09 AM

Dec 2015
to be honest steins;gate is the best anime for me. but i dont think s;g0 will surpass steins;gate or fullmetal alchemist brotherhood. well, it's possible to beat the original. but, but, fmab is too epic lol. so i dont think it will happens
Feb 28, 2016 6:33 AM

Jul 2015
Not really. It'll probably overtake FMAB as the top rated anime on this website. I'm looking forward to it.
Feb 28, 2016 8:51 AM
Sep 2015
As a steins gate fan, i am very excited for new steins gate vn/anime. Judging by the positive comments about new visual novel, it doubled by excitement. And maybe i'm one among many who really liked movie. Its true its not as good as anime, but cmon, it didnt disappoint us, and comparing a visual novel cum anime with 1hr30min long film doesnt do justice to it. Nevertheless, my hype remains the same and hope anime will be released soon ;-;
Mar 3, 2016 12:39 PM
Apr 2013
i played the game if anyone have question
i'm ready to answer
Mar 6, 2016 8:20 AM

Apr 2015
RYUZAKI0 said:
i'm ready to answer

Do you think it's better than the original?

I also heard that the VN might be hard to adapt just because of the way the different routes work with the true end. Do you think the anime can pull it off?
Mar 6, 2016 10:00 PM

Jan 2014
GesuYarou said:
To be completely honest I'm super nervous..
It's a pretty tall ask; topping the second best anime on MAL and by the time of release the hype will be through the roof.
Even if it ends up slightly inferior it would be a huge disappointment..

I honestly think it will take the number one spot from MAL when it's done airing
Mar 7, 2016 9:19 PM

Nov 2013
The best episode (Be Right Back) of my most favorite television show Black Mirror is pretty similar to this synopsis, so if they can execute it just as well or even better, that'd be great. My expectations aren't just high, they're stellar.
Mar 8, 2016 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
appu1232 said:
RYUZAKI0 said:
i'm ready to answer

I also heard that the VN might be hard to adapt just because of the way the different routes work with the true end. Do you think the anime can pull it off?

For the first question this will help you https://bananashiki.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/sg_zero-review/
Mar 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Apr 2015
xaos12 said:
appu1232 said:

For the first question this will help you https://bananashiki.wordpress.com/2016/01/31/sg_zero-review/

Yea, I've read that review. Makes me really excited but I just wanted his opinion on it too to have a wider sample space. Looks like most people agree that it's at least on par with if not better than the original so that's good.

That review is also where my second question came from. The review talks about how it might be hard to adapt this VN into an anime so I was curious how they may try to pull it off.
Mar 14, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
I always felt like the first season was the perfect package and the OVA was a nice cherry on top. I have literally no expectations that 0 is going to be any good at all, so maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise. If it's not I can just pretend it doesn't exist, like DTB2.
Mar 17, 2016 7:58 AM
Sep 2015
xaos12 said:
appu1232 said:

Does that review contain spoilers ._.
Mar 18, 2016 6:59 AM

Apr 2015
swat4samp said:
xaos12 said:

They try not to spoil anything but there are vague hints and stuff so if you are uncomfortable with that I wouldn't read it. Here's reviewer's main impression (no spoilers):

"Basically, Steins;Gate 0 is an amazing ride that far surpassed its predecessor. I’m aware a lot of people had their doubts on whether this would be good or not or whether it was necessary to have this when the original already had a satisfying ending. Well, Zero was the other side of the story that we never really had the opportunity to see, and it ended up being way better than the original, so I think everything turned out better than expected."
Mar 18, 2016 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah I'm nervous as hell, lot of big shows from the past that come back tend to fall off the deep end to the pit of shitness and I'm afraid of it happening to this but hopefully the original authors got there head screwed on straight and White Fox studio behind the original anime does it justice like it did before and everything will be alright i hope.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Mar 18, 2016 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
Poopfactory said:
haha keep your expectation high guys. just hope white fox wouldnt mess it. if this aired then the watch order is steins;gate episode 1-22, 23 β, whole steins;gate 0 episode, steins;gate episode 23-24. and BAM! the impact and feels will be better than watching only original steins;gate

I'd watch the whole series again then the movie and then do a rewind scene in my head and play 23β and watch from there. dunno if that made sense
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Mar 18, 2016 7:33 AM

Oct 2013
appu1232 said:
swat4samp said:

They try not to spoil anything but there are vague hints and stuff so if you are uncomfortable with that I wouldn't read it. Here's reviewer's main impression (no spoilers):

"Basically, Steins;Gate 0 is an amazing ride that far surpassed its predecessor. I’m aware a lot of people had their doubts on whether this would be good or not or whether it was necessary to have this when the original already had a satisfying ending. Well, Zero was the other side of the story that we never really had the opportunity to see, and it ended up being way better than the original, so I think everything turned out better than expected."

Thanks, didn't wanna read any reviews coz even tiniest details could be considered spoilers for me. I'm really pumped for it and the great things people say about the VN and White Fox's reputation with the series just adds to the excitement!
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
Mar 19, 2016 1:53 PM

Oct 2014
Apparently this has a 9.42 on MAL right now. That's pretty damn high. I highly doubt it will live up to that.
Mar 19, 2016 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
zombie_pegasus said:
Apparently this has a 9.42 on MAL right now. That's pretty damn high. I highly doubt it will live up to that.

Where did you see that?
Mar 19, 2016 2:34 PM

Oct 2014
keragamming said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Where did you see that?
I calculated it, so it's not weighted in any way. If you look at the full list of anime on MAL ordered greatest to least by score you'll notice that this anime is rated higher than FMAB.
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=0&score=1&status=0&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&c[3]=f&gx=0&o=3&w=1

Some people use score instead of "priority" to label which anime in their PTW they want to see the most, so I'm sure it will drop after it starts airing.
Mar 20, 2016 3:18 PM
Jan 2015
it will keep up, trust me.
Mar 27, 2016 3:37 AM

Dec 2014
The thing I'm worried about is whether the animation studio will be able to keep up with such masterpiece and deliver something even better/in par with the original or not.
Jun 30, 2016 3:36 AM
Jul 2018
F12x8 said:
Poopfactory said:
haha keep your expectation high guys. just hope white fox wouldnt mess it. if this aired then the watch order is steins;gate episode 1-22, 23 β, whole steins;gate 0 episode, steins;gate episode 23-24. and BAM! the impact and feels will be better than watching only original steins;gate

Seems nice order to watch, would definetely try that.

That's what I will do then! Thanks ^^
Jul 7, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2016
Normally I might be inclined to say yes to this, but my faith in nitroplus is just too high.

With Steins Gate and Fate Zero (2 of my top 5 favorite animes) coming from nitroplus, I have confidence that Steins Gate 0 is going to deliver.
watyliciousJul 8, 2016 6:46 PM
Jul 7, 2016 6:23 PM

Oct 2014
Imagine if they decide to troll us like they did with Haruhi S2 and rerun the original series of Steins;Gate with out of nowhere episode 23 beta airing in place of episode 23 followed by Steins;Gate 0.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jul 8, 2016 12:08 AM
Jul 2016
Depressed Okabe will change atmostphere, alot. i dont expect much from this.
Jul 10, 2016 3:01 PM

Jan 2014
I guarantee this will be the number one ranked anime for the first 2 weeks when it's airing with a 9.50
Jul 13, 2016 6:02 AM

Jan 2010
stop having expectations for any animes, then you will appreciate good shows again.
Final Fantasy VII is a shitty game.
Jul 13, 2016 6:10 AM

Apr 2016
Even though Steins;gate is overrated with its extremely high rating, it's a good anime I am not gonna lie. So the expectations are high, there is a possibility of a disappointment, they will really need to bring a good material (at least as good as Steins;gate) to satisfy many fans' expectations.
My latest Hajime no Ippo AMV:
Jul 14, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2016
Makise dies? I really hope the vacuum she leaves is filled properly. Such an amazing female main character.
Jul 19, 2016 9:00 AM
Apr 2016
My expectations are really high for it. I mean, this is steins;gate we talking about.
Jul 19, 2016 9:05 AM

Apr 2015
Don't expect so much, just calm and wait for it while watching sth intresting instead flaming.
Is it GreanPeace? I don't think so - whine to your parents or tell'em to buy sth for ur buttpain. Those ppl won't help you.
.. ..

Jul 29, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2016
i have faith this gonna be good because :

1. The VN even better than the original VN and the VN even better than the anime. So there is no issue about the story material.

2. The same studio handle it

3. This is the choice of Steins;Gate

something to feast our souls
S;G 0 Storyline Diagram
somehow i love the chapters title, so majestic!

Jul 31, 2016 4:30 AM

Mar 2014
argh i hope it will deliver. the ending of season 1 was just perfect. i even got mad when they said theyll be releasing a sequel which was the movie. i felt like anything that would follow is unnecessary given that as i said earlier, the season 1 ended perfectly.
but what can i do? i cant just ignore it since it is S;G lol. i just hope this alternate ending will prove me wrong. zero im begging you, please prove me wrong.
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Aug 8, 2016 3:21 AM

Aug 2014
steins gate... ''over did the tragedy... and ''over doing the dramatic parts... and then suddenly a funny episode comes by.. and again dramatic.. anti-climatic
and srsly he time traval with a baking oven.. and headphones

then DRAMATIC trailer... anti-climatic

no i have no expection for season 2 .... trailer looks cool and all but no the anime is just... idk man anti-climatic

steins gate has no hope.. but to 'depend'' on the time traval conspect to do ANYTHING

Aug 9, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2015
Steins;Gate 0 is Steins;Gate. It’s the second half of the same story. The difference is that the original game shows all the Alpha timelines it took to reach the final ending; Steins;Gate 0 shows all the Beta ones.
Aug 16, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
At the very least, I'm really curious.
S;G 0 will probably be at least a good anime.
I won't curse it by saying it'll be better than the original, that's a verdict you can only make after it's finished.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Aug 16, 2016 7:21 PM
Oct 2012
im looking at this and going " why would you make something so f***** sad man?"
Aug 22, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2013
All we can do is wait and pray.
Sep 25, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Famitsu said that the VN's still good despite being inferior to the original.
But hey, it wouldn't hurt to have more Steins;Gate. I'm not really expecting 0 to be as good as the first season, but I'd at least expect it to be not bad.
Sep 25, 2016 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
0 is what it should be rated as.
Sep 26, 2016 5:42 AM

Jul 2016
even if its not better than the original
it feels good to once again joining Okabe's adventure
This time with more despair
Jan 7, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2012
I have read Steins Gate 0 novel and in my opinnion it is even better than original. The novel is impossible to understand withouth fully knowing anime or original novel so I recommend rewatching first season before they finally air this one.
Jan 7, 2017 6:06 PM
Nov 2015
Well, they've been making us wait for years, it better live up to our expectations.
Jan 7, 2017 10:58 PM

Mar 2014
The biggest issue will be figuring out how to adapt it into an anime. Steins;Gate was pretty simple to adapt despite involving a ton of time travel. Zero on the other hand will be a different story since the game splits into two entire separate routes. Will be interesting seeing how they do it.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Did you guys like Steins Gate 0? ( 1 2 )

Tinchorubio6 - Sep 14

53 by Taceyy »»
Yesterday, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2018

191 by SybilJesso »»
Sep 21, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

199 by xZabuzax »»
Sep 17, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2018

467 by Aryn_683 »»
Sep 5, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2018

260 by SybilJesso »»
Sep 3, 11:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.