Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »
Jul 20, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 2012
God dammit, why? Based on their conversation, I had the ominous feeling that it would happen, but that didn't stop me from staring in disbelief when it actually happened. As a whole, I don't dislike anyone. But some opinions will be changed when the traitor comes to light. Between both watching the Anime and playing the game twice, I like Asahina too much for her

My feels are strong. My brain is fried. God dammit traitor, please tell me why?

Ah... And to a naturally slightly lesser extent, why Bandai too? I didn't get a chance to like him more or dislike him at all, so I was just kind of sat there feeling sorry for him for getting killed at the fault of pissed off Juuzou.

In any case, natural assumptions for traitors for me go to, Great Gozu, solely for being in the same room, and not being able to see him when everyone passed out.
Izayoi, due to him seeming slightly sketchy, despite the fact that I do like him. No that that has any correlation. Gekkougahara
. Juuzou for seemingly obvious reasons... Or Naegi through some kind of extremely twisted logic that would cover a possible theory of mine for
But odds are, despite listing almost half of them, it will end up being someone else.

As far as the game as a whole... It seems quite interesting. If not slightly unfair on their part. Since it basically becomes a matter of numbers and assumptions. I'm rather interested in their forbidden actions though.

And Yasuhiro... Please stay on that God damn roof, assuming you are still there.

Rest In Peace, Asahina. You definitely deserve it. And don't worry Sakura, Naegi will do his best to fix this so that not everything turns out to be for naught.

I cannot wait for the next episode, even though it will only bring pain.
Jul 20, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
Asahina, Y U Die so early

I expected any original character from DR1 to die, but not so early, since it's only Episode 2...
So with Asahina gone... HAGAKURE YOU BETTER STAY ALIVE (He was my favorite character from Dr1 ;3;)

Also, the way Bandai dies was kinda BS
Jul 20, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
Moony_Sea said:
nobody199 said:
What really shocked me wasn't the deaths, but the weak logic and salvage behavior of the members. A man who is willing to kill everyone to kill despair, its fucking ridiculous because that's what the bear wants. At this point it doesn't matter if he is or not the assassin he's a danger to society, he needs to be killed!
The same goes for the fucking boxer, he killed indirectly his companion and he didn't flinch or anything, for god's sake. He also isn't ashamed of using violence on women or anyone else for that matter.
Let's no forget the couple(sort of...) who threatned kill Aoi if she kept questioning. How can this psychopats represent hope? They are no better than the guys they kill. The rest of the member doesn't do shit to stop munakata and the boxer( that by the way should be considered suspects for even sugest killing as a first option) and start a decent DEBATE for who the traitor is!
Just to be clear, aside from the fact that by having most influence around the members, if munakata is the traitor then that makes some sort of sense because nobody would question him and he could kill whoever he wants two times each round, but someone smart enough would figure it out. If not than he's a fucking idiot, because the real traitor knows who he have to manipulate so he cannot be killed.Chisa was impaled(sort of...) in chandelier, at least there has to be someone strong and big to do that... also, funny munakata, an example of human being, didn't said he would be willing to sacrifice himself for the greater good.Awfull episode, really wasn't expecting this: 2/10.
WARNING: this my critic, that means, nobody needs to agree with me or talk bad about me, just reply and we will discuss our ideas with respect of course, like normal people

This!
I’ve played the games and knew how shady some members of the FF could be but still, this is ridiculous! I suspected that some of them could have darker or more radical methods but Munakata and Sakakura are completely irrational, the voting system that Munaka proposed was insane, they could easily be traitors and kill everyone through it.
Have no one seen how they reacted towards Bandai’s death? It doesn’t matter if death is something they are already used to because in this case they pretty much caused it!
I was glad to see that some like Gozu, Gekkougahara and Mitarai interfered but how about the others? It seems that rather than “shady” these people are crazy.
Also, Aoi’s death was honestly lame and predictable. Why did they bring her back just to kill her off like this?!?! She deserved so much better, I honestly thought they would develop her character more, but well, foolish of me, we are talking of a Danganronpa anime after all, it’s not like the games. I hope to see more of her somehow (maybe through flashbacks, or maybe she appears in the Despair Arc, a novel would be great).
I am disappointed.

Interesting...

MightyM16 said:
theUniverse said:

Doesn't mean they (And I of course don't mean FF, there are some cool people there, but the most dangerous ones are assholes) aren't being incredibly dumb and that I won't yell at the screen.

I wouldn't say that they're being dumb just brash and with extremism, they're acting based on how they think it's best and how they are used to act in this apocalyptic world

In their minds, Makoto is almost surely the traitor

I must admit that I was being quite subjective because one of my favorite characters, Aoi Asahina, was killed in this episode. Munakata and Sakakura are objectively speaking irrationals and idiots but it’s not unrealistic or absurd as I used to think. Unfortunately, there always have been people like them in our world, and certainly many who have a lot of power. So I’ve been a bit harsh with the series.
Anyway Aoi’s death was awfull, it was indeed predictable and lame. Her character should have been lot more developed. I honestly think that she deserved it, and so her fans, who have supported Danganronpa.
Jul 20, 2016 12:47 PM

Mar 2015
Moony_Sea said:
Moony_Sea said:

This!
I’ve played the games and knew how shady some members of the FF could be but still, this is ridiculous! I suspected that some of them could have darker or more radical methods but Munakata and Sakakura are completely irrational, the voting system that Munaka proposed was insane, they could easily be traitors and kill everyone through it.
Have no one seen how they reacted towards Bandai’s death? It doesn’t matter if death is something they are already used to because in this case they pretty much caused it!
I was glad to see that some like Gozu, Gekkougahara and Mitarai interfered but how about the others? It seems that rather than “shady” these people are crazy.
Also, Aoi’s death was honestly lame and predictable. Why did they bring her back just to kill her off like this?!?! She deserved so much better, I honestly thought they would develop her character more, but well, foolish of me, we are talking of a Danganronpa anime after all, it’s not like the games. I hope to see more of her somehow (maybe through flashbacks, or maybe she appears in the Despair Arc, a novel would be great).
I am disappointed.

Interesting...

MightyM16 said:

I wouldn't say that they're being dumb just brash and with extremism, they're acting based on how they think it's best and how they are used to act in this apocalyptic world

I must admit that I was being quite subjective because one of my favorite characters, Aoi Asahina, was killed in this episode. Munakata and Sakakura are objectively speaking irrationals and idiots but it’s not unrealistic or absurd as I used to think. Unfortunately, there always have been people like them in our world, and certainly many who have a lot of power. So I’ve been a bit harsh with the series.
Anyway Aoi’s death was awfull, it was indeed predictable and lame. Her character should have been lot more developed. I honestly think that she deserved it, and so her fans, who have supported Danganronpa.

She surely deserved better but this can represent one of the theme of the series: life just isn't fair

Also the traitor/mastermind quite obviously is trying to make Makoto (the ultimate hope) fall into despair, what better way to do this than kill one of his closest companions and potentially frame him for it?

And since this is the final chapter of Hope's Peak saga, nobody's safe. Anyone can die, even Makoto at the end of the series (since he is the MC) or Kirigiri
MightyM16Jul 20, 2016 12:52 PM
Jul 20, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2016
MightyM16 said:
Moony_Sea said:

She surely deserved better but this can represent one of the theme of the series: life just isn't fair

Also the traitor/mastermind quite obviously is trying to make Makoto (the ultimate hope) fall into despair, what better way to do this than kill one of his closest companions and potentially frame him for it?

And since this is the final chapter of Hope's Peak saga, nobody's safe. Anyone can die, even Makoto at the end of the series (since he is the MC) or Kirigiri

I agree With @MightM16 I think no one is safe remmeber that foreshadow on that op plus Asahina dieng prove that No one is safe no Plot armor whihc add the stakes to the series. Yeah Even Naegi and Kirigiri Are no longer safe who I consider the main hero and Heroine of the entire Danganronpa series.

Asahina dieng getting stab look at the Op Its the same according to the opp Naegi shoot himself and Kirgiri got hang by rope. The others also have It The creator trying to show us there is no plot armor even survivors of original Danganronpa are no longer safe. But I pray that Naegi and Kirgiri lives But If Kirgiri dies I will rage to hell

Jul 20, 2016 2:19 PM
Oct 2015
Once again to everyone with the damn Gekkogahara is Monaca theory.
It's not possible at all.
Monaca would be too young to participate in the future foundation as CONFIRMED by the series writer Kodaka.
Jul 20, 2016 2:26 PM
Oct 2015
Kirigiri50 said:
MightyM16 said:

I agree With @MightM16 I think no one is safe remmeber that foreshadow on that op plus Asahina dieng prove that No one is safe no Plot armor whihc add the stakes to the series. Yeah Even Naegi and Kirigiri Are no longer safe who I consider the main hero and Heroine of the entire Danganronpa series.

Asahina dieng getting stab look at the Op Its the same according to the opp Naegi shoot himself and Kirgiri got hang by rope. The others also have It The creator trying to show us there is no plot armor even survivors of original Danganronpa are no longer safe. But I pray that Naegi and Kirgiri lives But If Kirgiri dies I will rage to hell

The Naegi one seems more 'representative' since he and Munakata are BOTH shown shooting themselves in the head, Maybe representing how they're both hopes and would sacrifice themselves for hope as others are shown as if they are killed while they're clearly shown to holding the guns to their heads and shooting themselves so ye. I think Kirigiri is going to be a very important factor in this series as displayed by the OP itself, she and Makoto were the most prevalent throughout the op so I doubt Kirigiri, Makoto and Munakata will be disappearing any time soon.
Jul 20, 2016 2:48 PM

Jul 2012
coolyoyo33 said:
Monaca would be too young to participate in the future foundation as CONFIRMED by the series writer Kodaka.

Yep. She couldn't be disguised as Gekkogahara either, because she is too young.
It could be someone else disguised as her, like

But, for now, she is just suspicious af xD

Jul 20, 2016 3:10 PM
Oct 2015
taynis said:
coolyoyo33 said:

That too I doubt, I think she'll be a pretty great enigma in this series though, you know what would be funny though, that she doesn't have a voice actor and everything is communicated through monomi heh, though doubt that'll be the case.
Jul 20, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2012
coolyoyo33 said:
taynis said:

That too I doubt, I think she'll be a pretty great enigma in this series though, you know what would be funny though, that she doesn't have a voice actor and everything is communicated through monomi heh, though doubt that'll be the case.

Haha that would be so funny! She is just mute because of some despair related accident. That would be one great red herring.
But yeah, I doubt it too xD

Jul 20, 2016 5:33 PM

Feb 2015
coolyoyo33 said:
Kirigiri50 said:

The Naegi one seems more 'representative' since he and Munakata are BOTH shown shooting themselves in the head, Maybe representing how they're both hopes and would sacrifice themselves for hope as others are shown as if they are killed while they're clearly shown to holding the guns to their heads and shooting themselves so ye. I think Kirigiri is going to be a very important factor in this series as displayed by the OP itself, she and Makoto were the most prevalent throughout the op so I doubt Kirigiri, Makoto and Munakata will be disappearing any time soon.

If Kirigiri or Naegi die I’m going to be melancholic. But as you said, both of them, plus Munakata, will surely last long.
Anyway I know that Aoi’s death has meaning as it’s one of the best ways to make Makoto fall into despair, as @MightyM16 said. But that wasn’t my point, it isn’t the actual death that bothers me (as I knew it could happen). She was the only survivor from the first game/ anime that didn't get a spin off and now that she finally reappears she is eliminated without having any character development, that's why I’m so frustrated.
Jul 20, 2016 5:35 PM
Nov 2015
[quote=willardhwright message=47003997]
nobody199 said:
I just want to point one thing:
the traitor is someone who has been a considerable amout of time inside of the foundation. Because of that, the traitor is, first things first, a spy. Spies are manipulative, avoids perception, knows how to become one with the environment. I'm saying this because everything stands out about gekkogahara:
She's introverted
She has a childish appearance
She is physically weak
As if asking to be pointed as the traitor and that, by MY analysis, she represents everything a spy would not do. Search for "the gray man directive" or even watch Jason Bourne and you will get where I'm coming from. Maybe that's overthinking, but the idea of a opponent who uses deception makes everything looks deceptive for you and sometimes a shy girl is really....a shy girl.

I guess the idea is that if you want to avoid being noticed, you behave in a way that isn't noticeable. I'm not too big on her being the culprit, a lot of people are more suspicious (and no, I'm not talking about the damned boxer, he's pretty low on my list). First of all what most theories lack for now is one very basic thing: the motive. "Because despair" is quite easy, but the details are the problem, if the motive is left aside it can be pretty much anyone at this moment, nothing is specific enough MO-wise. This chandelier is bothering me too, even a big guy like Gou would have an hard time putting someone on it without a latter without destroying the chandelier/the corpse by throwing it, so wtf?
Well, she was probably killed before and put here afterward so that they wouldn't notice her before Monokuma's speech, I guess?

And also the reason for the choice of the order of the victims; maid-chan and Asahina were obvious enough because they were "nice", ut it also means that the people who were close to them would have no reason to kill them FIRSt (even if they would have to kill them in the end anyway, you usually don't start with your best friend which is the only one truly supporting you when there is already a conflict between two sides; you try to keep useful people for the longuest you can).

It's not like DR1 where there was multiple killers so no real order could be decided; here there is a reason for said order. And this alone is probably one of the very few hints available for now, why X died at any specific moment and not before (say, Aoi at the first blackout if they wanted to weaken Naegi's side.. ESPECIALLY if the culpriit was Munakataor someone close to him since they wanted to decide it by vote; one less opponent = one less vote. Yes the others wouldn't know that they will vote to chose the killer afterward, but the killer himself could have guessed that easily and could have used it to weaken one side, rather than weakening "his own". Although granted, Yuki wasn't as much of an "extremist" than the others which could have ""helped"").

Nice, haven't thought about that, thank you
Jul 20, 2016 5:38 PM
Dec 2015
willardhwright said:

Then watching it it useless because it can be absolutely anything, not just what you are saying. On a meta-level DR games tend to be fair in order to be solvable. Most of DR1 had hints toward the end at the very beginning and the catastrophe aside was solvable by chapter 4/5. It usually isn't an unfair mystery even if some things usually forbidden come out of nowhere (Junko's twin, etc). If you go this way you can also go "it's a VR game since DR1 and in fact nobody is dead they are all alive" "it was all a dream" because it's just as impossible to prove wrong.

It isn't completely a DR game anymore, when the bracelet and poison belongs to Zero Escape. UNLESS the bracelet and poison are the ONLY things that are introduced from Zero Escape and UNLESS Monokuma is FAIR like you said - of course the ASSUMPTIONS. Drop the whole silly argument.
zxy5Jul 20, 2016 8:12 PM
Jul 20, 2016 6:39 PM

Aug 2010
baekhyun said:

And the bracelets are giving me more Zero escape vibes, though mostly with Zero Time Dilemma than any other game
Next thing you know, they'll go back in time to prevent the tragedy from ever happening

since ive just finished ztd yeah it really looks like it

Well danganronpa game has 999 trophy in the past though as reference to first zero escape
Jul 20, 2016 7:26 PM
Nov 2015
"They had to work together in the first show because of the nature of that game, this is a different type of game, it's a werewolf/mafia game, which has more animosity between players"

First I complained about the radical actions of Munakata, You replied that foundation wasn't supposed to be nice( noticed how you transformed the idea of being moral and ethical as the same as being "nice"), I said that even if I agree with that, there has to be a motive other than hate, some form of logic. Your reply to this was that there is a nature of the game responsible for they working together. Working together?
The first show everyone has their memories wiped out, this is how they are willing to kill someone,along of being "motivated", because they don't know about the others, therefore that makes more easier( having no choice, would you kill your friend or a beggar?).
Here you have the opposite everyone knows each other they have no reason to believe there is a traitor, not even us are totally sure if there is a traitor. We just assumed the bear was saying the truth( because he always sticks to his word, right?). All this and they arealdy thinking who they NEED to kill, again Munakata is not suggesting just killing Naegi, he is going to kill everyone and eventually the traitor dies, he didn't think about founding a way to escape. Isn't the susceptibility to work together much bigger now than before?

"murder still happened and the rules were different, there were far less brutal than the rules of the current killing game". How exactly? Considering, the first game was with teenagers, inocent people who haven't killed, at least most of them, or had any knowlodge of violence and surviving in this situation and were forced to kill each other because they were being manipulated by someone with much evil and malicious mind. In this is show you have ,apparently, more people with more experience, who already survived in this situation, they know how to fight, they matured, adapted in this environment, even the red blood proves that is a more mature content. How is the game more brutal than before?
"different actions are to be expected, especially considering most people behind the FF aren't exactly friends to begin with"
yeah, but even then there has to be some common ground between them even if there aren't friends, if not it's a war against all, munakata can't control if the next person (the ones that are scared of him) and decides to kill him when he is sleeping, or anyone else for that matter.
JustAMangaFanJul 20, 2016 8:12 PM
Jul 20, 2016 7:34 PM

Jun 2016
Moony_Sea said:
coolyoyo33 said:

If Kirigiri or Naegi die I’m going to be melancholic. But as you said, both of them, plus Munakata, will surely last long.
Anyway I know that Aoi’s death has meaning as it’s one of the best ways to make Makoto fall into despair, as @MightyM16 said. But that wasn’t my point, it isn’t the actual death that bothers me (as I knew it could happen). She was the only survivor from the first game/ anime that didn't get a spin off and now that she finally reappears she is eliminated without having any character development, that's why I’m so frustrated.

Yeah I will quit If Kirigiri dies But If Naegi I be half way quiting but I won t quit If dies though But I be depress If either one of them dies. That Is true she kill off without having any spin off unlike the others I guess creators really have no further development for her and decide to kill to prove no plot armor at all In Danganronpa 3 though I undertsand what you are saying

Though don t forget this is just the begiinning of the despair considering we are still episode two and how brutal death have been. I bet there will be more characters dieng sadly especially with that Op foreshadowing is not helping either. Considering this is final of Danganronpa series I am not suprise If Kodaka decide to kill everyone hope he doesn t go to that route though.

Jul 20, 2016 7:35 PM

May 2016
I'm really interested to see if all the deaths in the OP end up being true or not. If so, then this could be an incredibly bizarre path for them to choose. Either way, I was so sad to see Asahina dead. But I really don't think it's the bull guy, I feel like it being him or the computer girl is way too obvious, though if the computer girl is secretly Chiaki, wasn't she technically in the class with the other Ultimate Despairs? Wouldn't that make her a Despair that wasn't cured with the Neo World Program?
Jul 20, 2016 8:01 PM

Jun 2012
If I knew we were going to get an conclusion to the DR1 story and ASAHINA DIES I WOULD HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR THIS BROE THIS SHIT GOT ME FUCKED UP LIKE I AM STILL ANGRY THIS HAPPENED. If I'm feeling despair now, I can't wait to see what DR3 Despair Arc will make me feel.

I feel like Kirigiri will somehow die near the final episodes and will have a great impact on the entire DR lore

Before she died, would it have pained the animators to include a asahina footjob or titjob scene?
TheOutlawZeroJul 20, 2016 8:05 PM
Jul 20, 2016 8:19 PM

Mar 2011
zxy5 said:
willardhwright said:

Then watching it it useless because it can be absolutely anything, not just what you are saying. On a meta-level DR games tend to be fair in order to be solvable. Most of DR1 had hints toward the end at the very beginning and the catastrophe aside was solvable by chapter 4/5. It usually isn't an unfair mystery even if some things usually forbidden come out of nowhere (Junko's twin, etc). If you go this way you can also go "it's a VR game since DR1 and in fact nobody is dead they are all alive" "it was all a dream" because it's just as impossible to prove wrong.

It isn't completely a DR game anymore, when the bracelet and poison belongs to Zero Escape. UNLESS the bracelet and poison are the ONLY things that are introduced from Zero Escape and UNLESS Monokuma is FAIR like you said - of course the ASSUMPTIONS. Drop the whole silly argument and DR vs Zero.

I personally don't consider it a DR anymore just because it borrows things from some other franchises; otherwise this would apply almost everywhere. Hell, Monokuma appears in Conception 2; it isn't a part of the DR universe as far as I know.

Monokuma usually keeps things ""fair"" (note the "") until its plans are threatened. Of course, it applies to the old monokuma, Junko, so it depends of whether it's still her or not. Remember that the goal is to spread despair by showing the "elites" and the one leading the fight being as "ugly" inside as anyone else, again. If you begin to lie in the middle of the game, it breaks this part completely and just becomes a manslaughter because of manipulations (which is already the case here but less... "directly")
Of course this may change with the next eps but for now nothing is reallly different except the fact that "the" monokuma is suupposed to be dead (then again he also was in DR2). And the meta-level also count; it comes from a game that it heavily in the mystery genre where you have to solve things yourself. If you cannot believe anything there's no point to it. There is CERTAINLY red herrings here and there,

In any case it doesn't help much. The traitor have a false bracelet, as in, completely false, is pretty much a moot point if we don't know all of the forbidden actions. It could be used the create an alibi if we were sure of all of them but for now, we don't even know the rules of most people. It makes the whole alibi point moot. Also, The attacker is supposed to "wake up"; the drug knocking them out is related to the bracelet after ep1 (where they were all in the same room; in ep2 they aren't and it still takes effect) so the culprit would have to feign fallign aslepp without a real bracelet to knock him out/wake him up. While it may be interesting (it would mainly prove that there is absolutely NO WAY for Naegi to do anything, controled by someone or not) it is still jut a big assumption for now. Nothing in the story contradicts the culprit having a real one or just being on the same level as everyone else. So it's pretty much baseless,. It'll be important while we know all of the forbidden action, though; it's the perfect alibi-making machine.

Here you have the opposite everyone knows each other they have no reason to believe there is a traitor, not even us are totally sure if there is a traitor. We just assumed the bear was saying the truth( because he always sticks to his word, right?). All this and they arealdy thinking who they NEED to kill, again Munakata is not suggesting just killing Naegi, he is going to kill everyone and eventually the traitor dies, he didn't think about founding a way to escape. Isn't the susceptibility to work together much bigger now than before?

They doubted Naegi to begin with because he saved the despairs. So of course anyone defending him will be "suspicious" as well. DR1 as a "safe place" where there was no killing (for now) before the incentives. Here they are in a war zone; the extremists thought Naegi was a traitor from the beginning of day one.
If Naegi was going to be judged, it's easy for them to think that it's just a trick to kill them all to escape his judgement. Really, it's mostly because of Munakata thinking he is "the pragmatist" when he isn't and miss too many variables. DR1 wasn't better about this either; that's pretty much how Togami was too at the beginning.
It's stupid but given the context, pretty realistic. People are not always "smart" especially when they are guided by hatred and have convictions.
Yes, Munakata is a huge failure as "the logical guy" but that's kind of the point and it isn't so unrealistic.

TheOutlawZero said:
If I knew we were going to get an conclusion to the DR1 story and ASAHINA DIES I WOULD HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR THIS BROE THIS SHIT GOT ME FUCKED UP LIKE I AM STILL ANGRY THIS HAPPENED. If I'm feeling despair now, I can't wait to see what DR3 Despair Arc will make me feel.

I feel like Kirigiri will somehow die near the final episodes and will have a great impact on the entire DR lore

Before she died, would it have pained the animators to include a asahina footjob or titjob scene?

Doujins are there for you, my friend.
More seriously, I suspect Kiri will either fall into despair near the end or (almost?) die, given the op. The part where she falls and Naegi tries to bring her back. I can totally see her loosing her cool with Aoi's death, and then Naegi almost dying, and not being able to help because of her personal rule is too much for her to handle or something like this. They tend toput hints towars a her/Naegi ship since DR1 anyway, so. And her dying because she acts despite her rule knowing she will die would be an HUGE "screw you" and very sadistic... which is why it wouldn't surprise me at all.
willardhwrightJul 20, 2016 8:25 PM
Jul 20, 2016 11:32 PM

Jul 2014
inb4 they pull a radical-6 on us (despair in this case) and all the FF members are inflicted with "radical-6" (despair) so they're just killing each other for the sake of despair.
"Hi!"
Jul 21, 2016 12:17 AM
Dec 2015
MightyM16 said:
theUniverse said:

Doesn't mean they (And I of course don't mean FF, there are some cool people there, but the most dangerous ones are assholes) aren't being incredibly dumb and that I won't yell at the screen.

But, what if, their logic. Is dumb.

Nah, I get where they're coming from but there actions from that point, while understandable are stupid. In my opinion that is. They shouldn't've just started a witch hunt which could end with half of them dead. They are hope, that's why this, the whole game, is so important. The world needs them, but not only are they letting that world down, they're willing to cut down more of that hope just to 'get to the despair'. Killing despair doesn't make hope, hope makes hope.
Jul 21, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2009
Something I find strange and don't see a lot of people discuss is the fact that so far Monokuma made no physical appearance and only spoke to them through video. I wonder why.
Jul 21, 2016 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Neagi is SUPER LUCKY. The fact that everyone is everytime suspisious at first like Danganrompa 1 means hes super highschool lucky target :3. (well is suspect he is gonna be a suspect since he s probably framed)
Jul 21, 2016 4:20 AM

Jun 2013
Dead: black guy, tanned girl and teacher.

Makoto has blood on his hands. I have a few suspects and to be honest, everyone looks guilty at this point even Makoto although I'm sure he's going to be innocent because he's the generic MC with courage and a good heart.

It's nice seeing Monokuma again. I love that sadistic, perverted bear.
臭い-
Jul 21, 2016 5:15 AM

Jun 2013
oh shit they killed Asahina no
Jul 21, 2016 7:52 AM

Dec 2010
As what happened in SDR2, killed my favorite character not to soon after...
in SDR it was Hanamura (JunFuku)
now it Bandai (Rie Kugimiya) >_<
Zetsuboushita!!!
Jul 21, 2016 10:47 AM

Mar 2015
theUniverse said:
MightyM16 said:

Nah, I get where they're coming from but there actions from that point, while understandable are stupid. In my opinion that is. They shouldn't've just started a witch hunt which could end with half of them dead. They are hope, that's why this, the whole game, is so important. The world needs them, but not only are they letting that world down, they're willing to cut down more of that hope just to 'get to the despair'. Killing despair doesn't make hope, hope makes hope.

I think that's the point, their way of doing things is clearly wrong here but that's just how the characters are, you can't expect everyone to act in the course of action you deem logical
Jul 21, 2016 10:50 AM
Dec 2013
So I guess this arc runs concurrently with DR2 then, since Usagi's transformation happens in both at the beginning as well.
Jul 21, 2016 11:32 AM

Mar 2011
simonli2575 said:
So I guess this arc runs concurrently with DR2 then, since Usagi's transformation happens in both at the beginning as well.

... what? This happens after DR2, Mirai is a direct sequel and Zetsubou-hen is a prequel. What Monomi is doing here is a part of the mystery
Jul 21, 2016 12:44 PM
Dec 2013
willardhwright said:
simonli2575 said:

... what? This happens after DR2, Mirai is a direct sequel and Zetsubou-hen is a prequel. What Monomi is doing here is a part of the mystery
Oops, I must have missed it in the first episode.
Jul 21, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2011
simonli2575 said:
willardhwright said:

Oops, I must have missed it in the first episode.

Yes, you see the despairs being saved by Naegi. It's the reason he is hated so much
Jul 21, 2016 7:31 PM
Dec 2015
MightyM16 said:
theUniverse said:

I think that's the point, their way of doing things is clearly wrong here but that's just how the characters are, you can't expect everyone to act in the course of action you deem logical

I knooooow, but that doesn't mean I won't think they're stupid. This is what I've been saying the whole time. We've been running around in circles.
Jul 21, 2016 11:55 PM

Mar 2011
theUniverse said:
MightyM16 said:

I knooooow, but that doesn't mean I won't think they're stupid. This is what I've been saying the whole time. We've been running around in circles.

Well, my guess is that it's mainly here in order to have a foil for Naegi, so that he will understand too that sometimes pretty talk isn't enough. It was even said in the episode,he's "just talk". Once again, two hopes who are completely opposed to each other and will learn from each other etc. I guess they are stupid, at least in this particular context, but from a storytelling PoV it makes sense, they're just too perfectly opposed for it to be "without a meaning".
Jul 22, 2016 1:18 AM

Sep 2009
Well, shit hit the fan real quick in terms of Danganronpa returning characters. Rest in peace, Asahina.

Considering the show wants Kyosuke and Naegi to face off in ideals, with Kyosuke being rather unreasonable and going off on a rampage after his close friend is supposedly murdered, I can't help but wonder why he, and the others, are so against Naegi. I don't think any of them can ever completely remove Despair, but Kyosue's methods only seems to fight fire with fire in terms of mass slaughter (he's willing to just keep killing his comrades just to make sure the supposedly single traitor is killed), and that only seems to breed/provoke more Despair if anything. With Naegi, while the results aren't as "apparent" as Kyosuke's (with the idea that you can just kill Despair entirely), his methods give people the tools to try and fight against Despair themselves (his Hope speeches, Danganronpa2).

Given, everyone's probably just sick of watching friends die. Naegi might seem to be traitorous to what they've fought for however long, especially when the Remnants of Despair have already killed and done other deplorable acts.

Please survive, Kyoko.
Jul 22, 2016 2:06 AM
Dec 2015
willardhwright said:
theUniverse said:

Well, my guess is that it's mainly here in order to have a foil for Naegi, so that he will understand too that sometimes pretty talk isn't enough. It was even said in the episode,he's "just talk". Once again, two hopes who are completely opposed to each other and will learn from each other etc. I guess they are stupid, at least in this particular context, but from a storytelling PoV it makes sense, they're just too perfectly opposed for it to be "without a meaning".

Yeah, I don't think I'll be as annoyed next episode when all the pieces are set in motion. It'll be interesting to see them learn from each other.
Jul 22, 2016 4:35 AM

Jun 2016
Can T wait until next episode Though I hope the creators don t decide to keep killinng characters without giving more clues on who Monokuma and the Traitor is Hope next episodes gives us more clue on Monokuma and Traitor.

I think Kyosuke and Juzuo will go after Naegi head even more . When they find out that Asahina die with her blood In Naegi hands,If they are really that short sighted. Kyosuke needs to get his head together and team up with Naegi to take down Moonokuma right now he is doing exactly what Monokuma wants him to do.
SubaruHoshinaJul 22, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 22, 2016 9:03 AM

Mar 2015
theUniverse said:
MightyM16 said:

I just think it's quite nonsensical to scream at a fictional character when they do somethign that doesn't fits a course of action that you set up yourself
Jul 22, 2016 9:56 AM
Dec 2015
MightyM16 said:
theUniverse said:

I just think it's quite nonsensical to scream at a fictional character when they do somethign that doesn't fits a course of action that you set up yourself

Logical and makes sense for the character to do =/= Not something that won't annoy and seem stupid to me. Yeah, at this point we've been going round in circles. To sum up:
Me: They annoy me and I think their actions are stupid even if it makes sense for them to do.
You: I don't mind their actions because it makes sense.
Us: Let's just be friends and wait intently for the next episode!

I don't mean to put words in your mouthes and if it seems like I have sorry, but sheesh this was't a discussion I wanted to be a part of, especially for days.
Jul 22, 2016 1:37 PM

Aug 2012
Shame that Bandai died so early on but it isn't too surprising being that he was set-up pretty distinctly as comic relief. With the more dour tone this time around, it's only fitting that he'd be wiped away quickly. Asahina wasn't too surprising either, I didn't think it was very likely that all the original members would survive and that scene before they went to sleep certainly hinted towards it. Still, I felt the impact. Hoping this means Kyoko survives.

Pretty interested that this isn't constructed like the games, with an investigation and class trial and all. Obviously, setting it up exactly like that probably wouldn't have worked though. Anyway, my point is I'm pretty interested to see how this last us for entire cour, with only one attacker (though I have my doubts about that).

Also, Monokuma was still fun, liked his illustrating of betraying the forbidden action.
Jul 22, 2016 2:23 PM
Mar 2016
SH4kun said:
RIP Asahina. It was nice knowing your brown melons.

Ya know I don't mind Bandai dying , but Aoi? Noooooooooo!
Jul 22, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2015
http://66.media.tumblr.com/431fb739a4cd9ad12b2dbdefddb73dbd/tumblr_nyq2716V8g1qda6uso4_500.gif

Take a look at these sketchs!
There’s one of Asahina taking out her blazer and that didn’t happen in the anime yet, besides in the opening she is also seen without it. Also in the opening the knife is in her stomach but in the episode it was in her chest.
Maybe, just maybe she is still alive.
I won’t lose hope, even if in the next episode her death is confirmed, I won’t lose it. Have you noticed what Kirigiri realized with the door? It didn’t have the knife that Izayoi threw to Aoi, it wasn’t even scratch. Many people assume that they are in a complete different building, other say that they are in the Neo World Program. I don’t think that they would use that resource again but if it was the case then everyone would have another chance to live, including Aoi.
Jul 22, 2016 5:04 PM

Dec 2015
WHYY
WHYYY ASAHINA
HER SMILE WAS INFINITE HOPE
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Jul 22, 2016 5:55 PM

Dec 2009
No! Anybody but her :'(
Jul 22, 2016 6:06 PM

Mar 2015
theUniverse said:
MightyM16 said:

Logical and makes sense for the character to do =/= Not something that won't annoy and seem stupid to me. Yeah, at this point we've been going round in circles. To sum up:
Me: They annoy me and I think their actions are stupid even if it makes sense for them to do.
You: I don't mind their actions because it makes sense.
Us: Let's just be friends and wait intently for the next episode!

I don't mean to put words in your mouthes and if it seems like I have sorry, but sheesh this was't a discussion I wanted to be a part of, especially for days.

OK, it was getting boring anyway
Jul 22, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2012
Oqt said:
I suspect the Bull head guy because he picked up Naegi without knowing thats what he couldnt do, so maybe he looked at it while they were all asleep? I also didn't see him sleeping or there to react to Aoi's death, but that goes for the computer girl too
Wow, good eye! Ofc it could be reasoned that he saw Aoi carrying Naegi and thus inferred that for some reason or another Naegi couldn't move as he should, but I like your speculation more even though I like him and don't want him to be the killer

And oh great, I had thought they wouldn't go for the obvious person to kill, I really held hope that Aoi would survive... Whyyyyyyy T^T *cries*
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jul 22, 2016 8:56 PM

Mar 2011
gust11 said:
Oqt said:
I suspect the Bull head guy because he picked up Naegi without knowing thats what he couldnt do, so maybe he looked at it while they were all asleep? I also didn't see him sleeping or there to react to Aoi's death, but that goes for the computer girl too
Wow, good eye! Ofc it could be reasoned that he saw Aoi carrying Naegi and thus inferred that for some reason or another Naegi couldn't move as he should, but I like your speculation more even though I like him and don't want him to be the killer

And oh great, I had thought they wouldn't go for the obvious person to kill, I really held hope that Aoi would survive... Whyyyyyyy T^T *cries*

We didn't see pretty much any peoplefalling asleep in ep1. If we go by that, pretty much everybody is suspicious (..which is pretty much the case)

I think we will have the reaction in th next episode, it was probably cut for the drama

As for carrying Naegi, he saw Aoi carrying it yes. And wouldn't it be obvious for him (even if he was wrong) to assume that he has a broken ankle, especially since he just got hit a minute HARD by the super boxer earlier? Since as Aoi says "it's usually the opposite"

Aoi's choice is in fact interesting since she's pretty much a spectator in this. Yukizome could have been killed because mysterious person x thought she was a bad influence for Munakata, or because she WAS shady as the zetsubou chapter shows (well, she WAS a spy under Munakata's orders) but Aoi can ONLY be dangerous "by proxy". She wasn't very concerned by the plot so her choice, since the attacker clearly CHOSE who he will kill (Monokuma even asks him) it must be because of her effect by proxy. And if the only thing that matter his Naegi having blood on his hands and shocking him, Kirigiri would have been fine too, and she was is more "dangerous" to the plan than Aoi. If you want to kill someone, it's usually the detective that an solve the case within minutes, especially because Naegi may like her even more than Aoi. That's quite interesting.
Jul 22, 2016 9:55 PM

Dec 2014
We can't expect anything. Those who played Danganronpa know very well how twisted the mind of the story writer is, giving us tons of plot twists one by one.
Is Aoi really dead? Might the bull guy be the traitor? Are they inside the Neo World Program? Nobody fcking knows!
Jul 22, 2016 10:25 PM

Jan 2015
RIP Aoi, didn't even get to eat a donut or find out about her brother or have another donut while eating the first one =(.
Jul 22, 2016 11:39 PM
Mar 2016
The opening of the series spoiled everything 😵😵😵, you can see Aoi and Bandai got the same death in the episode. ..WTF!!!!! I was in love with the opening until it ruins everything
Jul 22, 2016 11:48 PM
Mar 2016
When Chisa reveal a picture of her with kyousuke... I really have a suspicious with the third person... what do you guys think?
Pages (10) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2016

472 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

236 by SaltyCookie »»
Jan 2, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2016

284 by Nanashi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:37 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2016

280 by Nanashi »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:46 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Mirai-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2016

233 by gaymerkid »»
Oct 8, 2023 12:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.