Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 28, 2014 8:47 AM

Dec 2009
I'm pretty new to the Fate series and started watching Fate/stay night because I want to watch it in order that your supposed to like the creator wants you too.
Anyways, my friend sent me this and I'm currently in Episode 9.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-07-27/new-fate-stay-night-tv-anime-is-unlimited-blade-works/.77058

Looking at the Fate/stay night 2014 PV (the youtube video) I don't see much of a difference at all from the first Fate/stay night. From the PV, the voice actors are the same, the scenes are the same, and the story is the same. The only difference I saw was the HD Animation.

...So, does anyone know what the difference is going to be now that this 2014 version is said to be following the original game?
I don't know much about it's sources except that Fate/stay night is originally from a Visual Novel, and that Fate/zero is originally from a Light Novel (from Wikipedia).

If you are going to spoil, give a little hint as to how big the spoiler is and add in spoiler tags please.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 28, 2014 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
Its not the same. Completely different. The first Fate/stay night tried to adapt the Fate route but failed miserably. The remake will adapt the second route (Unlimited Blade Works) which have completely different scene from the Fate route and hopefully will succeed. So if I were you just stop watching the DEEN original Fate/stay night and wait for the remake instead.
Jul 28, 2014 8:52 AM

Mar 2014
The vn has different routes, and this anime will adapt a different route than DEEN's F/sn tv series. Looking that up yourself would have taken less time than posting this thread.
Jul 28, 2014 8:53 AM

Jan 2013
The new version is going to be a lot more grimdark and pretentious.

If you liked Psycho Pass and Fate/Zero youll like 2014.
Jul 28, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2010
True. It does look exactly the same.

Fai said:
Everything in DEEN'S animu sucked.

THis is why Ufotable wins:

UBW is a different route, thus different story than DEEN's FSN.

Inb4 Solvite comments about CGI.
Jul 28, 2014 8:58 AM

Jul 2007
waalex11 said:
the voice actors are the same,

A big DUH, at this. Why would they be different?

the scenes are the same,

No they are not. Some are similar sinc eprev ious anime adapted the prologue partt "Decently".

and the story is the same.

Nope

Also yeah the above quote of mine too. Although now it could be way longer.
AhenshihaelJul 28, 2014 9:02 AM
Jul 28, 2014 8:59 AM

Jan 2013
HeisenDurden said:
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Will you ever get tired of baiting?

This isn't baiting.

Its the same Studio as Fate/Zero and probably the same director.

Its going to be similar and its going to be grimdark.

And yes, everything UFOtable does is filled with CGI but at least its cool looking CGI.
Jul 28, 2014 9:01 AM

Dec 2009
So rude these people.. go easy on me. Sheesh.
But thanks guys. Can you be a little less vague though?
Jul 28, 2014 9:03 AM

Jul 2007
waalex11 said:

ITs a different story and different character personalities.

- No Saber/Shirou.
- Actual character development.
- No shitty fillers or anime original bullshit.
- No underplayed fights or powers.

clear enough?
Jul 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
waalex11 said:

clear enough?
I've noticed on youtube comments people talking about this one following a new route? Rin's route. And the other one I'm not really sure but I think people said it followed a little bit of everyone's route or something.
Jul 28, 2014 9:06 AM

Jan 2013
Fai said:
waalex11 said:

- No Saber/Shirou.

clear enough?

Do you have to be an aggressive jerk about it?

The guy asked a simple question.

The Fate fanbase on this website is toxic as fuck.
Jul 28, 2014 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
waalex11 said:
Fai said:

clear enough?
I've noticed on youtube comments people talking about this one following a new route? Rin's route. And the other one I'm not really sure but I think people said it followed a little bit of everyone's route or something.

Read my post. I'm sure that's enough of an explanation.
Jul 28, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2010
waalex11 said:
Fai said:

clear enough?

It was Saber's route, Fate. With DEEN trying to incorporate parts from the other 2 routes & turning it into a train wreck.
Jul 28, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2009
-Riptide- said:
waalex11 said:

If I felt it was enough I wouldn't of asked. I'm just really curious on more details. But yes, it did answer most of the general question.
Jul 28, 2014 9:10 AM

Dec 2009
antonn said:
waalex11 said:

It was Saber's route, Fate. With DEEN trying to incorporate parts from the other 2 routes & turning it into a train wreck.
I see, thank you. I think I follow most of it now. Thank you guys.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:
Fai said:

- No Saber/Shirou.

clear enough?

Do you have to be an aggressive jerk about it?

The guy asked a simple question.

The Fate fanbase on this website is toxic as fuck.
I thought people were pretty uptight too. Geez.. lol. Oh well.
Jul 28, 2014 9:14 AM

Oct 2013
waalex11 said:
-Riptide- said:

If I felt it was enough I wouldn't of asked. I'm just really curious on more details. But yes, it did answer most of the general question.

You want a more detailed explanation? The first adaptation was the first route in the VN which is the Fate route. It focuses more on Saber as the main heroine. The remake adapts the second route which is Unlimited Blade Works with Rin as the main heroine. Unlimited Blade Works is like an alternate universe with different outcomes from the Fate route. It is 98% different from the Fate route.
Jul 28, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2013
Even if this was the Fate route it would still be better than the shitty DEEN adaptation.

Idk how DEEN is still even in business at this point.
Jul 28, 2014 9:16 AM

Dec 2009
One Last Question, I suppose.
Of course in the end I'm still gonna choose based on my taste of what I feel I should do and would like to do but I still want a little insight.

If the first Fate/stay night followed some parts well of the story but created some fillers and the new one only follows Rin's route and the general story of course without any fillers.
Which should I watch?

So far I'm leaning to watch both just to enjoy and experience both.
Because, the first one has something that the new one doesn't. So, why not.
Jul 28, 2014 9:17 AM

Dec 2009
-Riptide- said:
waalex11 said:

You want a more detailed explanation? The first adaptation was the first route in the VN which is the Fate route. It focuses more on Saber as the main heroine. The remake adapts the second route which is Unlimited Blade Works with Rin as the main heroine. Unlimited Blade Works is like an alternate universe with different outcomes from the Fate route. It is 98% different from the Fate route.
Oh damn, ok. THANK YOU!
Jul 28, 2014 9:19 AM

Jun 2009
Well, whatever you do OP just stay the hell away from Deen's UBW adaptation. All it would do is spoil Ufotable's, very likely, superior adaptation.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2014 9:19 AM

Dec 2009
Alright. Well, thank you very much everyone.
I am satisfied with the answers I have received. Thanks again.
Jul 28, 2014 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
insan3Spectre said:
Well, whatever you do OP just stay the hell away from Deen's UBW adaptation. All it would do is spoil Ufotable's, very likely, superior adaptation.
Hmm... I've already watched up to Episode 9 and the 2014 version isn't coming in a little while... kinda hard to wait when I'm already enjoying this one.
Jul 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Oct 2013
waalex11 said:
Of course in the end I'm still gonna choose based on my taste of what I feel I should do and would like to do but I still want a little insight.

If the first Fate/stay night followed some parts well of the story but created some fillers and the new one only follows Rin's route and the general story of course without any fillers.
Which should I watch?

Stop watching the old anime and remove your memory of it. I'm just exaggerating. You can still watch it if you want but it won't be good.
Jul 28, 2014 9:22 AM

Dec 2009
-Riptide- said:
waalex11 said:

Which should I watch?

Stop watching the old anime and remove your memory of it. I'm just exaggerating. You can still watch it if you want but it won't be good.
It's still hard to choose ... Because, it's Sabers route so, it's still something different that I can enjoy. Even though I really love Rin, lol. Man, I don't know...
Jul 28, 2014 9:23 AM

Jun 2009
waalex11 said:
insan3Spectre said:
Hmm... I've already watched up to Episode 9 and the 2014 version isn't coming in a little while... kinda hard to wait when I'm already enjoying this one.

You are watching the TV series from Deen of Fate/stay night right? That isn't what I'm talking about, Deen did a movie adaptation of the route, Ufotable's adapting, UBW. It put a 20 something hour route into a 90 minute film. A disaster.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2009
insan3Spectre said:
waalex11 said:

You are watching the TV series from Deen of Fate/stay night right? That isn't what I'm talking about, Deen did a movie adaptation of the route, Ufotable's adapting, UBW. It put a 20 something hour route into a 90 minute film. A disaster.
Oh! Ok, for sure I won't watch it then. Thanks.
Jul 28, 2014 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
Fai said:
and the story is the same.

Nope

It is at the beginning, up to the point where the routes branch off, which doesn't happen immediately. Hence that scene comparison from above.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Ei Aoki left ufotable to start his own studio and direct Aldnoah.Zero

So your entire argument falls apart there.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Sakura Trick, that's how.

insan3Spectre said:

I argue the opposite. It makes ufotable's look even better by comparison. On the flip side, once you watch ufotables, you won't be able to watch DEEN's.

Not that you're missing anything.
Jul 28, 2014 9:25 AM

Oct 2013
waalex11 said:
-Riptide- said:

It's still hard to choose ... Because, it's Sabers route so, it's still something different that I can enjoy. Even though I really love Rin, lol. Man, I don't know...

There's nothing wrong with watching it. Heck even I watched the DEEN anime before reading the VN. Still loved the VN.

But like insan3Spectre said, avoid the movie at all costs.
Jul 28, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2009
-Riptide- said:
waalex11 said:

There's nothing wrong with watching it. Heck even I watched the DEEN anime before reading the VN. Still loved the VN.

But like insan3Spectre said, avoid the movie at all costs.
Ok. Then I'll continue watching the first Fate/stay night tv series and then watch the new one when it comes out.
Jul 28, 2014 9:29 AM

Jul 2007
waalex11 said:

Which should I watch?

Forget previous adaptation. Wait for new one.

The previous one contradicts stuff.

Read this:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=635739

fst said:
Fai said:

Nope

It is at the beginning, up to the point where the routes branch off, which doesn't happen immediately. Hence that scene comparison from above.

Nope.

It begins compleely differently. DEEN did not even bother adapting prologue correctly.

-Riptide- said:
waalex11 said:

Saying previous adaptation adapted fate is arguable since majority of actual FATE route was removed(character growth, character interactions, anything that made Shirou look good, etc) It was pretty much DEEN's own take on the franchise and it SUCKED. The only good thing was very very ending.
Jul 28, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2013
Fai said:
-Riptide- said:

Saying previous adaptation adapted fate is arguable since majority of actual FATE route was removed(character growth, character interactions, anything that made Shirou look good, etc) It was pretty much DEEN's own take on the franchise and it SUCKED. The only good thing was very very ending.

I already said in my first post that they tried to adapt the Fate route and failed miserably. Didn't bother repeating myself since I would assume he already read my first post.
Jul 28, 2014 9:35 AM

Jun 2009
Well, it's very hard to screw up Fate routes ending. Speaking of which, I wonder if

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2014 9:35 AM

Jul 2009
Rin is absolute. This topic is obsolete.
Jul 28, 2014 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
waalex11 said:
Ok. Then I'll continue watching the first Fate/stay night tv series and then watch the new one when it comes out.

Wait- there's a FSN anime?
Jul 28, 2014 9:38 AM

Jun 2009
Man, I really do think I'm going to give the VN that re-read I'm considering. The new patch definitely adds some incentive for me.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 28, 2014 9:42 AM

Jul 2009
Orvieto said:
waalex11 said:

Wait- there's a FSN anime?

o.O
Jul 28, 2014 9:44 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
waalex11 said:

Which should I watch?

Read this:

I see... well, ok. I'll wait for the new one and once I'm done with it I'll watch the old one.
Jul 28, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
waalex11 said:
Fai said:

Read this:

I see... well, ok. I'll wait for the new one and once I'm done with it I'll watch the old one.

If you're going to watch the remake first then don't bother with watching DEEN's anime. Either you watch the 2006 anime then watch the remake or watch the remake and not watch DEEN's anime.
Jul 28, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
fst said:
Fai said:

Nope

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Ei Aoki left ufotable to start his own studio and direct Aldnoah.Zero

So your entire argument falls apart there.

SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

Sakura Trick, that's how.

insan3Spectre said:

I argue the opposite. It makes ufotable's look even better by comparison. On the flip side, once you watch ufotables, you won't be able to watch DEEN's.

Not that you're missing anything.

Except sakura trick's sales were horrible.
Jul 28, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
SolvyTwerk4Jesus said:

That sounds wonderful.
Too bad it's false.
Jul 28, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 2012
In all seriousness, ufotable beats DEEN in literally every aspect.
Jul 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
LastChapter said:

Indeed. It's amazing to think that there's only a four year difference between the two.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 28, 2014 12:12 PM
Jan 2014
LastChapter said:

Indeed it does, though Last pic: Deen's Rin looks better than the Ufotable one. U_U
Jul 28, 2014 12:51 PM
Jan 2014
Forgetfulness said:
LitzSabr said:

Indeed it does, though Last pic: Deen's Rin looks better than the Ufotable one. U_U
Nah, ufotable's Rin looks better, although DEEN's does not look bad at all

To me Ufo one kinda looks, well more 'flattened' you can say. :/
Jul 28, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2009
LitzSabr said:
Forgetfulness said:
Nah, ufotable's Rin looks better, although DEEN's does not look bad at all

Pigtails are lower. Can't have a 2014 serious anime with abnormal pigtails.
Jul 28, 2014 1:15 PM

Jul 2007
Tsundereppoi said:
LitzSabr said:

Pigtails are lower. Can't have a 2014 serious anime with abnormal pigtails.

Her face does look wrong.

Its a constant O.O facial expression.
Jul 28, 2014 3:20 PM

Nov 2007
Eh...I agree Ufotable is superior than DEEN, but in those screenshot comparisons, DEEN's is not bad at all. They all look pretty good actually, with the exception of Shiro.

Now the actual animations on the other hand....those gifs from earlier on this thread is more than enough to show the difference.
Jul 28, 2014 3:24 PM
Mar 2012
I want to see those GIFs in higher quality.
Jul 28, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 2013
CookieBun said:
Eh...I agree Ufotable is superior than DEEN, but in those screenshot comparisons, DEEN's is not bad at all. They all look pretty good actually, with the exception of Shiro.

Now the actual animations on the other hand....those gifs from earlier on this thread is more than enough to show the difference.
Not just character designs. Compare the overall art quality.

At least the Saber summoning scene, it looks like shit in DEEN's version.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.