Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2009 2:24 PM
Apr 2009
FaintBrushfire said:
akuma2002 said:

Fanboy or not, i really think any normal being would be angry (or frustrated) at such ridiculous way of making money.

Apparently someone didn't read what the Moderator requested.
It was something like "all you manga fanboys keep your spoilers in spoiler tags".
-.-"
Technically that's a light novel spoiler seeing as the manga is only up to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.

Mod edit - Spoiler tags added
aeroJul 21, 2009 12:49 AM
Jul 20, 2009 2:25 PM

Feb 2009
"People die when they are killed."

"Haruhiists are trolled when kyoani trolls."
Jul 20, 2009 2:49 PM

Jun 2008
ROFL LMAO <33

I haven't been annoyed or bored in any episode still. I really like the expression we can't see on Kyon's face when Koizumi says "shall I try it?" saying 'i love you' towards Haruhi. Anyway I thought this may have been the last episode, because I noticed we skipped some things and allowed time towards the end. I suppose not, oh well. I know how it is resolved so I'm just waiting for that if it decides to take that route.

BRING IT ON :DDD I still love it.
Jul 20, 2009 2:53 PM
Apr 2009
Kittenia said:
ROFL LMAO <33

I haven't been annoyed or bored in any episode still. I really like the expression we can't see on Kyon's face when Koizumi says "shall I try it?" saying 'i love you' towards Haruhi. Anyway I thought this may have been the last episode, because I noticed we skipped some things and allowed time towards the end. I suppose not, oh well. I know how it is resolved so I'm just waiting for that if it decides to take that route.

BRING IT ON :DDD I still love it.
Still? After watching that 5 times?
Jul 20, 2009 2:58 PM

Jun 2008
Bladecatcher said:
Still? After watching that 5 times?
Yes. If you mean the Koizumi and Kyon scene, I find it cute.

If you mean my love for this season, it isn't exactly the same episode, I'm thankful we get new scenes, outfits and camera angles. It varies, it's not the same shit. I feel bad for Yuki as I did in the light novels and it really does feel like I'm stuck with them too. It would have been great to be 3 episodes long but that's not happening, I'm not complaining with the most of the world here. I still love Kyoani, so it's all good.
Jul 20, 2009 3:02 PM
Apr 2009
Kittenia said:
Yes. If you mean the Koizumi and Kyon scene, I find it cute.

If you mean my love for this season, it isn't exactly the same episode, I'm thankful we get new scenes, outfits and camera angles. It varies, it's not the same shit. I feel bad for Yuki as I did in the light novels and it really does feel like I'm stuck with them too. It would have been great to be 3 episodes long but that's not happening, I'm not complaining with the most of the world here. I still love Kyoani, so it's all good.
I beg to differ. The least they could do was change the activities they do. I don't care about new clothes and angles (actually that would be included by default with new activities); I just want them to do something new. Any producer that makes you feel as bored as Nagato is bad in my book.
Jul 20, 2009 3:08 PM

Jun 2008
Bladecatcher said:
I beg to differ. The least they could do was change the activities they do. I don't care about new clothes and angles (actually that would be included by default with new activities); I just want them to do something new. Any producer that makes you feel as bored as Nagato is bad in my book.
Spoilering just to save space, no actual spoiler :)
Jul 20, 2009 3:24 PM
Apr 2009
Kittenia said:
That's great and all, but that's not enough for me to say that it didn't feel exactly like the last episode. At the end of the day, they're still doing the same exact things, except this time Haruhi is wearing a shirt with the number 69. Anyway, if they make things right, the show can still get a six from me.
Jul 20, 2009 3:27 PM

Dec 2007
Lol the last part of this episode was as if Kadokawa was taunting us xD.
Jul 20, 2009 4:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Bladecatcher said:
Technically that's a light novel spoiler seeing as the manga is only up to Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody.
How stupid can you get. You knew exactly what he meant. So thanks for the spoiler, smartass. Now go edit your previous post please before I have someone do it for you.
cyruzJul 20, 2009 4:25 PM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 20, 2009 5:26 PM

Sep 2008
This is still not over?
Jul 20, 2009 6:20 PM

Apr 2009
Yay, I feel Kyon's exact feelings of desperation at the end of the episode in wanting it to end. Goal accomplished. Now let Endless Eight end already! Get to the good stuff!

Jul 20, 2009 6:47 PM

Mar 2009
cyruz said:
Bladecatcher said:
How stupid can you get. You knew exactly what he meant. So thanks for the spoiler, smartass. Now go edit your previous post please before I have someone do it for you.

Not familar with how MAL's forum software works, but can't you edit it yourself, being a Mod?
And besides, a spoiler is a spoiler. There's no point trying to act smart about it by saying that. It's like having someone next to you at a Harry Potter movie telling his friend about what's going to happen at every scene; you just want to hit the guy. Of course, this is the internet, so that can't happen.

Bladecatcher said:
Kittenia said:
That's great and all, but that's not enough for me to say that it didn't feel exactly like the last episode. At the end of the day, they're still doing the same exact things, except this time Haruhi is wearing a shirt with the number 69. Anyway, if they make things right, the show can still get a six from me.

I agree with you there. I've said earlier that Nagato's mentioned that they've done other events (for the jobs, at least), so why don't they at least show us them and give us some different events more episode? It would at least at some variety instead of me being able to say the near-exact dialogue for the whole episode. Still not bothered by it though; I'll be watching all of it until then end. E8 doesn't bother me. <3
Jul 20, 2009 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
I hate endless eight and quite frankly it feels like filler (endless filler anyone). I am sure the series will pick up again when they finish this. Untill then we just have to suffer. Since I rewatched the original haruhi many times I know that when I rewatch this I will skip every single episode of endless eight because it is complete garbage.
Jul 20, 2009 9:34 PM
May 2008
Unbelievable... it wouldn't be so bad if there were new activities shown in each episode but followed the same time line. No, instead we get slightly altered scenes that have been shown five times... are they actually trying to get to episode 8 to end this arc?
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 20, 2009 11:13 PM

Jan 2009
Is the next episode going to be the end of this filler?

Or is it going for 8 episodes? (Endless 8?)
Jul 20, 2009 11:46 PM

Jan 2009
Jul 21, 2009 12:53 AM

Jan 2008
Apparently no one got the message the first time. Use spoiler tags if you are going to say something from the novel.
Jul 21, 2009 4:19 AM

May 2009
Bladecatcher said:
You have it wrong. The nerds and fanboys are on opposing sides.

That's not the impression I am getting. My impression is that the fanboys ARE the nerds. After all, their comments are exactly the same as always, it's just that they're now extremely negative instead of extremely positive.

Like I said, there are still some that decide to stick with their guns and rate this 10/10, but for most parts, the enormous fanbase this anime once had is shrinking drastically to leave those who enjoy this anime for other reasons than "It's Haruhi, it can't be bad".

And what's your problem anyway, why do you care what people choose to do with their time? If they say it sucks let them. I mean I haven't heard any sound arguments for thinking this season is any good other than "It's Haruhi", and that's not exactly a good argument.

Why do I care? Because they seem to feel the need to rub it in my face to express their hatred all because of a few repetitive episodes.

I watch these episodes to see if they are indeed as bad as people say they are and I come to the conclusion that they're not as bad as claimed. Also, I can enjoy them more because I know that they do it to show how tedious it is to relive the same events over ad over and over again, even if you don't really remember all that stuff. To me, the entire concept of these episodes works and even though I too wish they'd end it soon, it's not like I hate these episodes either.

However, despite that, I am not a Haruhi fanboy. I never really understood why people thought so high of this anime and I still don't, so I don't see why it deserves so much praise.
Firelord76Jul 21, 2009 4:24 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 21, 2009 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
Former Kyo-Ani Director Yamamoto puts the Haruhi Season 2 Endless Eight Arc in his own words

Just some random interview I found... is he the one who is rumoured to have been fired? o.o or was that someone else?

Jul 21, 2009 4:56 AM

Feb 2009
endless endless endless endlesssssssssss
My pokemon bring all the boys to the yard...
Jul 21, 2009 5:19 AM

Sep 2007
Saorin said:
Former Kyo-Ani Director Yamamoto puts the Haruhi Season 2 Endless Eight Arc in his own words

Just some random interview I found... is he the one who is rumoured to have been fired? o.o or was that someone else?

No, he left on his own accord ages ago. Read the video descirption.
Jul 21, 2009 5:48 AM

Apr 2009
lol... when i first watched the very first episode i was like: ok, a filler, nice w/e (i haven't read the light novels etc)... lol... /ragequit...

j/king...

kyo ani is just making haruhi the way it is, random, stupid, something that goes against the laws of anime... that is the reason i watched season 1 of haruhi anyway... but don't think i'm going to defend kyo ani cuz they are trolling... WAY TOO MUCH... -_-"

ah well... anime producers hold the power of god over their followers =P... well now ex followers lol xD... i hope this will end one day... or not... i wonder what fans would do if this continued over 10 episodes... i think i have a "building nukes for dummies" book somewhere...
Jul 21, 2009 6:36 AM

Jul 2007
i...i had faith in this anime q-q i had faith that this arc would end by now... after repeating for FOUR EPISODES STRAIGHT.
and now...now i've jut lost faith in this anime. i had a feeling that there was some meaning behind the repetition but now i just don't care anymore q_q; i'll still watch this anime, but i'm not very faithful to it as i was before...

if this arc doesn't end next episode, i'll be on the edge of finally dropping this anime...
Jul 21, 2009 6:38 AM

May 2009
Too tired to laugh at these people right now -_-

Anyway

AO968, I believe most of the true (logical) fans are laughing. In all seriousness. It's quite fun seeing these guys fanraging over the latest Endless Eight episodes. I'm actually the 51st person to love this episode, just to show you how proud I am.

Also, your friends who constantly whine at you about how horrible this current arc aren't really whole-hearted fans huh -_-

Whole-hearted fans would sit back and laugh at the fanrage all day long, something I can't really do tonight, because I'm damn tired.

Anyways, enjoy your trailer
Jul 21, 2009 6:39 AM

May 2009
melancholy said:
i...i had faith in this anime q-q i had faith that this arc would end by now... after repeating for FOUR EPISODES STRAIGHT.
and now...now i've jut lost faith in this anime. i had a feeling that there was some meaning behind the repetition but now i just don't care anymore q_q; i'll still watch this anime, but i'm not very faithful to it as i was before...

if this arc doesn't end next episode, i'll be on the edge of finally dropping this anime...

I COMPLETELY CHANGE MY MIND
THIS HAS MADE MY DAY.

FINALLY, A DECENT FANRAGE ACCOUNT OF 'DROPPING' IT!
Jul 21, 2009 7:05 AM

Jan 2008
Spade said:
Saorin said:

No, he left on his own accord ages ago. Read the video descirption.

Thanks for clearing that. =)
But why does this feel like I'm being lectured? xD

Jul 21, 2009 8:01 AM

Mar 2009
Seriously, nerf Koizumi's bathing trunks.
Jul 21, 2009 8:09 AM

Sep 2008
reb3llist, you speak the truth.

So perhaps it's a little tiring to watch the same episode over and over, but laughing at the nerdrage is so making up for it XD

Besides I like that they dare to do a stunt like this for the sake of making us feel as frustrated as Yuki must be.
Jul 21, 2009 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
Here's what's really dumb to me:

I've sat through these episodes just like everyone else. I had faith that the first episode would have meaning, and I was vindicated with the second episode. The third episode annoyed me because they didn't finish the arc, overstaying their welcome. The fourth and fifth repetitions are just overkill. Period. It's amazing to me that despite all of that there are people who refuse to see the lack in quality of repeating the same episode four times, and therefore love the episode because they get to see other people justifiably (although admittedly endlessly) whine about the content of the episodes.

But then, they love to complain about the whiners and how they keep doing the same things over and over after each episdoe. Ironic isn't it? The truth is (and I'm sure many others have come to this conclusion also) that a lot of those "loved it" votes have nothing to do with their reaction to the episode itself, but the anticipation of the reaction there will be in the comments, which is a level of trolling that I'm quite amazed by because of the level of hypocrisy that is associated with it.

By this point, regardless of where the show is Haruhi or not, it fails for thinking it could get away with stalling the story in this manner for this absurd length of time. No one should be surprised if it doesn't end with the next episode. I wonder what the comments will look like next when, when hopefully people attach their brains on correctly.
Jul 21, 2009 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
I don't even understand why anyone should feel the need to defend this since it's no longer Haruhi anymore. It's obviously strayed far from the light novel now (in the sense that they unnecessarily extended a 30 page chapter to 6 episodes) and just seems to be a marketing ploy to get some money. I mean, I would assume that a "true fan" wouldn't defend this since this just ruins the credibility of its source material.

Seriously, KyoAni/Kadokawa just pissed on all you fans and you're still backing them up.
Jul 21, 2009 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
It's really amusing how everybody is bashing Kyoani right now, but all the raging fans forget that Kyoani made Haruhi so popular in the first place. If it wasn't for the high production values and the great ideas of the first season, the franchise would probably be fairly unknown, it was the anime after all which made Haruhi so popular. If Haruhi had been made by any other studio, it wouldn't have reached this level of popularity, but most fans are too ignorant to see this obvious fact.
Jul 21, 2009 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
But it's alright though, tracer, the ones who like it aren't fans. They "saw how terrible the series was in the first place, and are just sticking with the mediocrity to pass the time." aka...they're better than to have liked it in the first place for any of its merits, and enjoy the meritless episodes because they're going against the norm.
Jul 21, 2009 11:39 AM
Dec 2008
If you have a niconico account,

Watch this http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7686292

Episode 2-6 compared.
Jul 21, 2009 11:43 AM

Aug 2008
Raito, I don't know if you've noticed by this production of Haruhi 2 (and K-On and Munto by the way), but KyoAni really has a big head about what they make because of the ridiculousness of the majority of their fans. They got away with doing Munto TV having 30% new content and a deus ex ending with people saying "Oh wow, it was so pretty, I just don't care that they didn't really tell a coherent story the whole way through." In K-On, they get away with doing a show that recycled jokes left and right, and even did episodes over just pasting in a new character. But people loved how "moe moe kyun" it was and ate the shit up.

It's one thing to like KyoAni because of its production values. It's quite another thing to blindly follow them like zombies when they trade production value for content.
noteDheroJul 21, 2009 11:47 AM
Jul 21, 2009 12:21 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:

I've sat through these episodes just like everyone else.
Wait, you sat through all of them? Yeah, that is dumb.

This episode was even better than the last one. Fucking awesome!
Jul 21, 2009 12:27 PM

Jan 2008
noteDhero said:
(...)
It's amazing to me that despite all of that there are people who refuse to see the lack in quality of repeating the same episode four times, and therefore love the episode because they get to see other people justifiably (although admittedly endlessly) whine about the content of the episodes.

But then, they love to complain about the whiners and how they keep doing the same things over and over after each episdoe. Ironic isn't it? The truth is (and I'm sure many others have come to this conclusion also) that a lot of those "loved it" votes have nothing to do with their reaction to the episode itself, but the anticipation of the reaction there will be in the comments, which is a level of trolling that I'm quite amazed by because of the level of hypocrisy that is associated with it.

Seriously, it doesn't matter whether you're one of those who hate the whole thing because of Endless Eight or one who finds it amusing.
If you post your opinion on an internet forum, it's obvious to me that your opinion is going to be debated, whether you are in favour of Season 2 or not. Where is the difference?

If people whine in the most repetitive way, what's wrong with finding it amusing that people are so much affected by a mere anime show? I also think such a very wide-spread massreaction is funny, so what? =D Why do I have to ignore it and only judge the episode itself if this is what makes it so "outrageous" in the first place?
Nobody is forcing those who are tired of EE to keep watching and ... nobody asks them to practically shout out their opinion. It's perfectly fine it they do, but then they should be aware of the fact that others read them and comment on them.
The whole talk of "dropping it" but meaning "stalling it" is hypocrisy in my view.

Even if the "loved it" votes refer to the reaction of the audience - I don't see a problem with that. A show is also (to a certain extent) defined by its audience's reaction. (e.g: Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter etc. - like it or not, the audience's reaction is vital for these)
I won't deny that this is a bold move that pisses off many Haruhifans and I definitely see how everybody is angered by this, but this doesn't mean that I can't have my own opinion.

I'm not complaining about whiners, I just hate people saying those who keep watching are "retards" or whatever, because that is downright stupid. I've written before that the comments of the complainers are becoming repetitive, but I didn't condemn that. I just thought it was ironic that the complainers were writing the same things over and over again, pracically just repeating the "Fuck KyoAni Trolls! End it!!"-comments from before.

Jul 21, 2009 12:48 PM

Aug 2008
If you aren't one of those who "complain about the whiners," then I wasn't talking about you, Saorin.

I personally don't care about who is saying what in the discussion if you saw the episode. I may get annoyed by certain levels of hypocrisy, fanboyishness, and repetition, but as I said, it's all on the same level of Endless Eight itself. It's just amazing to me that some people pick on one but not the other when basically they're two sides of a cycle. There is very little debate going on in these discussions as we all are witness to.

There's nothing wrong with finding the debate amusing, but finding it annoying while loving the episodes is plain hypocritical, and it's at the point where I see fit to point it out. I totally agree that talking about dropping a show when they actually mean stalling it is hypocritical (or at least hyperbole), but that's something less measurable to me than the observation that I initially made.

Personally, I don't think that a show is defined at all by its audience's reaction in so much that it just determines its popularity. The public's reaction has no weight or value in the quality of the work, so that argument just doesn't hold for me.

I'm not saying that you or anyone else can't have their own opinion. I'm just pointing out the lack of consistency in some people's opinions.

Well, I think it's equally crazy for someone to come in here, not having watched the episode and talk about how those who have watched it are retarded. But I don't think that's what's happening. For the most part, it seems like everyone is watching the episodes and feeling disgusted that they don't end. I'll condemn the repetitiveness of the complainers right now: GET OVER IT, IT ENDS WHEN IT ENDS, YOU PLAY INTO KYOANI'S HANDS BY REACTING THIS WAY.

The only thing left to comment about in these episodes are the swimsuits. Let's face it.
Jul 21, 2009 12:48 PM

Apr 2009
I saw it in a video where it's all five endless eight episodes combined......meh I thought it'd make it a bit more entertaining. Here's the link if u wanna see that lol

It's on Sankaku Complex, so yea that site has some H stuff, warned ya....

Jul 21, 2009 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
noteDhero said:
Raito, I don't know if you've noticed by this production of Haruhi 2 (and K-On and Munto by the way), but KyoAni really has a big head about what they make because of the ridiculousness of the majority of their fans. They got away with doing Munto TV having 30% new content and a deus ex ending with people saying "Oh wow, it was so pretty, I just don't care that they didn't really tell a coherent story the whole way through." In K-On, they get away with doing a show that recycled jokes left and right, and even did episodes over just pasting in a new character. But people loved how "moe moe kyun" it was and ate the shit up.

It's one thing to like KyoAni because of its production values. It's quite another thing to blindly follow them like zombies when they trade production value for content.

I agree that Kyoani is quite on the high horse because they can play with their loyal fans like they want, but they really deserve every single praise. Technically not many other studios are this accomplished, and concerning consistent quality Kyoani is unreachable these days. And the production is ultimately the more important part of anime, especially nowadays where most artists are only copying from the most successful concepts and don't dare doing something new. The production is what determines the quality of anime these days, as there's hardly anything new concerning the scriptwriting and narratives. That's partly because fans refuse any changes, they only want the same stuff over and over again with the same copy&paste designs and styles (take for example the awesome action animation in Birdy 2 and the freedom in style the animators got, but everyone was criticizing it). Kyoani is doing something different right now with E8, but the whole fandom is in rage about it. I don't want to say that it's really innovative or something, but they get once more my respect for abandoning their fan-pandering stance and doing something exceptional. It's probably the only studio which can do this kind of teasing, since most others can't risk a financial disaster as every single show decides over continuity or ruin.
Jul 21, 2009 1:56 PM
Apr 2009
hehe... koizumi + speedo
the rest... *sigh*
Jul 21, 2009 2:07 PM
Apr 2009
AO968 said:
Stuff.
Yes, the fanboys are nerds too, I guess; but the difference is you went in already having low expectations of the show, while they came in expecting legitimate and new content.
Jul 21, 2009 2:15 PM

Jul 2008
Nearly 600 years Nagato is waiting.
Jul 21, 2009 2:21 PM

Jan 2009
I feel bad for Nagato...
Jul 21, 2009 2:30 PM

Apr 2009
Orio94 said:
I saw it in a video where it's all five endless eight episodes combined......meh I thought it'd make it a bit more entertaining. Here's the link if u wanna see that lol

It's on Sankaku Complex, so yea that site has some H stuff, warned ya....

*blocks the pictures with a piece of paper*

Wow, it actually is more entertaining watching all five at once!

Jul 21, 2009 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
raito-kun said:

I agree that Kyoani is quite on the high horse because they can play with their loyal fans like they want, but they really deserve every single praise. Technically not many other studios are this accomplished, and concerning consistent quality Kyoani is unreachable these days. And the production is ultimately the more important part of anime, especially nowadays where most artists are only copying from the most successful concepts and don't dare doing something new. The production is what determines the quality of anime these days, as there's hardly anything new concerning the scriptwriting and narratives. That's partly because fans refuse any changes, they only want the same stuff over and over again with the same copy&paste designs and styles (take for example the awesome action animation in Birdy 2 and the freedom in style the animators got, but everyone was criticizing it). Kyoani is doing something different right now with E8, but the whole fandom is in rage about it. I don't want to say that it's really innovative or something, but they get once more my respect for abandoning their fan-pandering stance and doing something exceptional. It's probably the only studio which can do this kind of teasing, since most others can't risk a financial disaster as every single show decides over continuity or ruin.

I totally disagree that production is the only thing that determines quality in this industry. Just like any other medium that goes for mass public consumption, what often determines quality is a refreshing and energetic take on something old.

Just because something is different doesn't necessarily mean that it's good. What they are doing here with Endless Eight is brave, yes, but also very stupid. In my opinion, they are going against age old rules of what is acceptable as a joke, or repetition for the sake of extending story and profits. No other reason. But becauses it's washed over with KyoAni production values, lots of people tend to be sadly taken in by, and excuse it. Its inexcusable from a narrative standpoint because there is no meaning that wasn't reached in the first repeat.

In the case of Birdy 2, I think that the problem was that they wanted their cake and to eat it too. Instead of just completely changing the art style to suit dynamic animation for the show as a whole, they backtrack to a very stylized execution (reminiscent of Kaiba) while also suffering from inconsistent character design in other episodes that had no action at all. It was a bad production choice because they couldn't support the two and tried to half ass it with mixed results.

EE is not exceptional at all just because it's different. To me there has to be a justification for making decisions like this, and there is no acceptable justification for what they've done here, in my opinion.

Also, I'd point to Shaft as a production company that is really doing something different from a presentation standpoint with high production values and making it work. Then I'd also point to Satelight and Manglobe with overall polish that rivals that of KyoAni.
Jul 21, 2009 4:04 PM

Aug 2007
You all make great points from both sides (those who are actually debating this Endless Eight fiasco).

My personal opinion is, if as a writer, studio, whatever, if what you're doing is actually making your target audience rage, you're doing something wrong. KyoAni's target audience with Haruhi is, obviously, primarily fans of the first season, and new viewers who will hopefully get pulled into the franchise.

New viewers will find Endless Eight boring, and tack on the fact that they don't know much about Haruhi in the first place. Enough said there I think. Fans of the first season will (scratch that) ARE disappointed due to the lack of new content. We got new content this season, but so much of it is just recycled in a slightly different form than each previous episode since the beginning of this arc. Do they think this is going to make more, less, or no change in DVD sales? I'm definitely not banking on more. Maybe one of the other two choices (probably less).

The point is, no matter how much money and hard work they pour into production, if the final product reaches the target audience and is not well received, it's mission failed. End of story. That's common in almost every industry, regardless of culture, regardless of the type of content. And don't try to write it off as creativity. Creativity might have been the intent, but the impact was failure.

KyoAni is full of talent and great work, but they haven't put any of it to use for Haruhi S2, at least, not so far. I think the majority of fans will agree. There will always be some who won't due to their blind love of the franchise, but they are a minority.
brass2themaxJul 21, 2009 4:09 PM
Jul 21, 2009 5:24 PM

Jul 2007
noteDhero said:
But it's alright though, tracer, the ones who like it aren't fans. They "saw how terrible the series was in the first place, and are just sticking with the mediocrity to pass the time." aka...they're better than to have liked it in the first place for any of its merits, and enjoy the meritless episodes because they're going against the norm.

I'm also referring to the ones that seem to justify this repetition because it has "new outfits and camera angles"....

raito-kun said:
It's really amusing how everybody is bashing Kyoani right now, but all the raging fans forget that Kyoani made Haruhi so popular in the first place. If it wasn't for the high production values and the great ideas of the first season, the franchise would probably be fairly unknown, it was the anime after all which made Haruhi so popular. If Haruhi had been made by any other studio, it wouldn't have reached this level of popularity, but most fans are too ignorant to see this obvious fact.

The light novels were actually popular before the anime was even made (it won awards too if I'm not mistaken). It can easily be argued that Haruhi is pretty much what made KyoAni what it is right now since none of their other anime sell like Haruhi does (Lucky Star is the only one that even comes close).
Jul 21, 2009 7:50 PM

Dec 2008
kokoroanime said:
If you have a niconico account,

Watch this http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7686292

Episode 2-6 compared.

Haha, there's even the audio.

Nice way to show how much work the studio had to go through doing 5 times the same thing originally.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 21, 2009 9:42 PM

Jan 2009
As loyal Haruhist, this second season is being: Shitty, Disgusting, trash, diarreha, AIDS, sifilis and any other DNA sickness. As loyal Haruhist I don't need to defend this mishmash of bullshit because as loyal Haruhist I think they're destroying the credibility of its source material. And I won't deny it; I won't drop it simply because its Haruhi even though I have been thinking on it and I just can't.

I'll probably watch it untill the end, and I'll probably give a 3 or 5, don't really know but one thing I know is that theres a limit to ridiculousness, and that limit is those fucking fanboys that say: "Yeah, I liked it"; stop with that bullshit please, fucking retarded people.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Pages (10) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 10, 2009

292 by Generose »»
Apr 12, 11:11 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

CinemaZebra - Aug 5, 2009

535 by Unoriginality »»
Apr 11, 9:07 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kappaka - May 21, 2009

449 by Ryan_the_Bread »»
Mar 30, 1:13 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Jul 30, 2009

276 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:45 AM

Poll: » The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jul 23, 2009

360 by Alkimia »»
Feb 28, 11:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.