Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 26, 2007 2:29 AM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that black blood! Regardless, it was quite good. It didn't feel as rush as I had expected. I enjoyed how they had an epilogue in the end as well. Though, I found it quite interesting how the twins have taken a liking in hold hands.

A good ending. I'm satisfied. :D What did you guys think?
Dec 26, 2007 8:19 AM
Dec 2007
OMG I CANT BELIEVE ITS OVER T.T
Dec 26, 2007 2:00 PM

Oct 2007
XD cant believe it's finished.

But good episode and got to see what really happened with Nanaka and the fire incident!

also like the ending, which probably meant there wont be a second season :(

but enjoyed the whole season!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2007 2:10 PM

Dec 2007
I'm sorely disappointed to be honest. I loved the series, it was great. Up until episode 11 it was wonderful. Episodes 12 and 13 were, I suppose I'd say mediocre. The conclusion made me happy, but it was weak. I felt it could have been really powerful, but didn't quite do it. All and all, I think it's been a great anime, but I expected it to be better in the end there.
Dec 26, 2007 2:21 PM
Oct 2007
Took my top 5

Ending is perfection imo, well.. 9.98

if a ova comes i will cry
Dec 26, 2007 2:26 PM
Dec 2007
Well... at least it didnt pull an ending like a certain other school related anime. *cough*
Dec 26, 2007 2:30 PM

Dec 2007
yeah the black blood is very annoying just like in school days...
the last episode was quite good and the ending should have satisfied all viewers who like happy endings
Dec 26, 2007 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
Didn't really liked the black blood again, but I'm glad there wasn't any deaths.

Honestly I think it felt a bit rushed, but I liked how they managed to mix Sana and Nanaka's story. Very dramatic *thumbs up*.

Oh, and don't really liked how the twins ended but I was expecting something like that.

I enjoyed this show, not something memorable but it was fine.
VeebrDec 27, 2007 9:05 AM

Dec 26, 2007 2:47 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah, ending episode was quite good. Overall it's only a 7/10 though.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 26, 2007 2:57 PM

May 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed this series. The ending was definitely rushed, but we still got the conclusion to Sana and Nanaka's story. 9/10 from me.
Dec 26, 2007 3:08 PM
Aug 2007
THe very end was terrific... but the whole episode in general was packed with alot of events. Good ending to the series. Loved it! between 8 and 7 for me
Dec 26, 2007 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
It was a good episode... but I think the very very end of it could've been better (don't like seeing the ED theme on final epis)

Now I'm just curious about their adult lives... ARE THE WAKATSUKI TWINS MARRIED OR WUT?! xD
Dec 26, 2007 3:19 PM

May 2007
I think the twins started dating or something :S
I believe the ending could have been better, but it was still quite good. Would love to have seen more on how theyre relationship progressed rather than some song :P.

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]
Dec 26, 2007 3:20 PM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
Yeah, ending episode was quite good. Overall it's only a 7/10 though.

yep I'd have to agree^^,
Dec 26, 2007 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
Wow. I really thing this episode capped it. It covered quite a lot of stuff that was still going around unanswered. Mind you,

YuenSan said:

Now I'm just curious about their adult lives... ARE THE WAKATSUKI TWINS MARRIED OR WUT?! xD

And I couldn't agree more. 10 years *is* a bit of a jump.

Taylor said:
Would love to have seen more on how theyre relationship progressed rather than some song :P.

And I agree there too. But hey.

Just my 2 pennies.

All in all, I give this a 5/5, cause it almost bought a tear to my eye nearing the end. Nice to see a happy ending.
Dec 26, 2007 3:37 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Well, I was really disappointed with this last episode. I like happy endings (more than anything else in this world) ... but this was a major flop for me. If you're going to wait 13 episodes to tell us what was under that watch, at least make it interesting! >.<

I don't know... I didn't get a punch out of this last ep, or warm fuzzies, or anything. It was just like "hmm... okay, alright then".

I was really enjoying this series, but with this ending, it's dropping from an eight to a seven for me. So: 7/10.
Dec 26, 2007 3:47 PM

Dec 2007
Kineta said:
Well, I was really disappointed with this last episode. I like happy endings (more than anything else in this world) ... but this was a major flop for me. If you're going to wait 13 episodes to tell us what was under that watch, at least make it interesting! >.<

I don't know... I didn't get a punch out of this last ep, or warm fuzzies, or anything. It was just like "hmm... okay, alright then".

I was really enjoying this series, but with this ending, it's dropping from an eight to a seven for me. So: 7/10.
Yeah. More or less the way I felt.
Dec 26, 2007 4:02 PM
Nov 2007
I can't believe the ratings. Seriously. The best mark for this anime, in my point of view, should be 7. It wasn't very good. The fact that they wasted 2 episodes on a supporting character reinforces my statement.

I gave it a 6. It was decent.
Dec 26, 2007 4:14 PM
Oct 2007
Gah, I really wish there was more togetherness on Nanaka and Sana's side after he reconciled her. They bothered giving the Twincest twins the last five minutes of "I'll be with you from now on" when they weren't really the main focus, and yet all we get is an (offscreen) acceptance of a marriage ring?

I demand bonus (or extended) episodes on the DVDs.
Dec 26, 2007 4:22 PM
Nov 2007
I really loved this anime. Having watched the final episode, however, I start to wonder why I loved the series so much. I think it was the characters. The actual show was rather shaky in many places and the pacing was completely off. If only it had been a 26 episode series... I can't help but think that they tried to cram way too much material into way too short a series :( Despite that, the characters really made the show for me. Let us hope that a PC port of the game is released soon, quickly followed by a translation project!
Dec 26, 2007 4:37 PM
Cool Story Bro

Dec 2007
Ehh I am quite disappointed...
I don't think the ending was thought out well enough with the "10 years later"
We must of missed out on a lot of stuff such as how Sana and Nanaka further developed their relationship, how everyone reacted again when they saw the twins again, and what exactly is going on with the twins.
7/10 for the season from me
Dec 26, 2007 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
wel, good series. No boats but we got the ink-blood treatment again. 8/10 for me

Is it me or do mullets run in the family?
Dec 26, 2007 5:25 PM

Oct 2007
this ending is a big disappointment...,
its rushed, to much dramatic scenes, i mean the nanaka arc AND sana arc ending in one tiny ep...definitely to much..
and after that the "10 years later" thing, oh my god...
Dec 26, 2007 5:37 PM

Apr 2007
I was thoroughly disappointed with the ending as well. I would have much preferred the series to continue on immediately after Nanaka's revelation in order to see how the relationships developed. I thought the 10 year cop-out was dreadful. I suppose to fit it into just thirteen episodes, it was necessary, but it was still exceptionally lame. I enjoyed the rest of the series immensely (except for Aoi's voice), but the ending left much to be desired.
Oh, and incest is not cool. I don't care what part of the world you come from.
Dec 26, 2007 5:39 PM

Sep 2007
So everything did wrap up, although it does seem a bit rush ... Sana's issue, which wasnt really defined, was (conveintantly) resolved by tying it to Nanaka's situation ... It didn't touch on the twins (did they come back? where did they end up going? .. or, why are they holding hands 10 years later :S) or to Hoshino's recovery ...

Overall, the show is alright, I wouldn't have suspected that it would turn this dark ( i was expecting a romanic comedy)... in the beginning, I suspected that Sana had something to hide but that's about it ... Aoi rules.
xo_cl2Dec 26, 2007 5:43 PM
Dec 26, 2007 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
jimbo1023 said:
I would have much preferred the series to continue on immediately after Nanaka's revelation in order to see how the relationships developed. I thought the 10 year cop-out was dreadful.

Same here, though I think that it wasn't as bad as it seemed it would be at the end of the last episode. I guessed he was a suicidal (I haven't played or seen the game) but her going all suicidal was a bit, unexpected. God , I wish they had chosen someone else for the Aoi's seiyu. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Dec 26, 2007 7:55 PM

Aug 2007
I thought it was 'meh', felt rushed and voice acting was awful. 6/10

Dec 26, 2007 7:58 PM

Jul 2007
Well i agree i was a bit rushed... Imo 24 eps would be much bette.. mb dunno...The point is that i loved the series and also the ending.Well i believe that Nanakas father reactio was logical and this ep just made me hate her mother and the violin teacher... Omg u cant deceive ur best firend and ur husband like that...Anyways i agree it could be much better but this doesnt mean it was nice.8/10 from me
Dec 26, 2007 8:23 PM
Oct 2007
This anime should have stopped at episode 11, the last one was .. kinda like...
1st : explanation of Nanaka's past
2nd : explanation of the watch
3rd : everybody is happy
yeah why not.. but they have done it so much "here's the solution, take it and goodbye"-like that it ruined everything for me.
Dec 26, 2007 8:58 PM

Jan 2007
I enjoyed the episode. I love time jumps so the ten years later was great for me. However though, the conclusion did feel rushed. I mean, its great that Nanaka's past was solved but Sana's was explained in like 1.5 minutes.

Overall: 6/10
Dec 26, 2007 9:00 PM
Oct 2007
Good series,

Felt a bit rushed how the main character only had like a 3min explanation of his story right at the end.

I'm hating the black blood though.

Looks like there's some hinted twincest.

Anyway, a solid 8/10 for this series.
Dec 26, 2007 9:13 PM

Sep 2007
10 years later...Aoi sounds the same.
Dec 26, 2007 9:33 PM

Jul 2007
Go Nanaka's mother!! Have a love child with that violinist instead of mullet man!

Anyway, I think they wrapped up the ending quite well. Although I was expecting a more dramatic twist to Sana's past... Ah well.. now just to wait for the last episode of ef to be subbed.
Dec 26, 2007 9:42 PM

Mar 2007
Hmm I thought th ending was okay. I am happy with the series. I expected to hate it, so any actual enjoyment I have felt while watching it has been a surprise for me :) So it exceeded my really low expectation ^^ I liked Nanaka's character. She reminded me a lot of Madoka in Orange Road. Her suicide thing seemed like a cheap way to bring in Sana's trauma-of-the-series though. As if it wasn't totally obvious his watch covered suicide scars ^_^ The 10 year jump surprised me. I was expecting a 3 year jump or something instead. Oh well, I am still glad I watched this :)
Dec 26, 2007 9:58 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, Sana spends all his time with the girl who turns out to like girls, the twins get more screen time as a couple than the 'main' couple, and Hinaka gets more screen time than Nanaka. In the end, Nanaka and Sana are getting married, even though they have no real chemistry in the show (far less than the incest kids anyway).

Also, it seemed like Asami was waiting for someone. I was hoping to see who she'd end up with.

This show would've been better with 24 episodes.
Dec 26, 2007 9:59 PM

Nov 2004
Wow, I'm surprised at some of the high ratings here. LOL. I won't give this more then a 6, I mean the one thing that KEPT me watching for the entire series was a.) predictable and b.) explained in 1.5 minutes. I only bothered to watch this to see what was the mystery behind Sana. But it wasn't really all that surprising in the end. Nana's backstory turned out to be more of a mystery but I just disliked the pacing. They should of omitted out Hinako in this story, and use those episodes to further develop Sana, Nanaka, Hoshino or the twins.

And yes, I wanted an ending where the twins didn't seem to be romantically together. Bleh. They should of just made a 5 year jump. 10 years is stretching it.
Dec 26, 2007 10:23 PM

Nov 2007
SamuraiTom said:
10 years later...Aoi sounds the same.

No kidding, right? XD

Why can't anime ever animate playing the violin correctly? =( I think it's still really pretty even with all the technical motions. But I guess if the animation comes before any voice or music recording is done, you can't really help it...

What's Hinako, at 21, doing dating a 16-year-old?
Dec 26, 2007 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
Wow... we waited 13 episodes for Sana's story to be solve so fast...
A bit dissappointing but I still like it...

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Dec 26, 2007 10:39 PM

Jul 2007
i HONESTLY thought hinako ended up with the twins' son XD

seriously! and why didn't they show the twins' faces?

i also felt this thing was rushed, i even kept telling myself that there would be a season 2 during the whole show..but when i saw the ten years later..darn was i disappointed.

nonetheless, adult hinako + adult nanaka = WIN-RAR.
Dec 26, 2007 11:44 PM

Jun 2007
well, I have a few things to say.

1) Who in their right mind lets their suicidal kid live alone.

Which brings me to point 2

2) This ending was so Cliché and obvious. The whole time I was hoping and even posting theories that the Sana's "mystery" was something else because the whole "cutting your wrists" thing seemed way to obvious and way to over done. It turns out I was wrong and story writers have lost the skill of making an original surprising ending. I have to admit though, they conveniently linked it all together nicely. I give them props for that at the very least.

3) I thought the ending was good, however, I think it was a bit to rushed. It could have been allot nicer if they added more info and detail into it. They should have extended it to the full 25 mins by removed the closing theme thats played at the end of all eps.

4) wtf was the point of having the old women in this show? Everyone in this thread has been bitching about the girl that likes Yenti's but no one has made a post about the old women. I understand she was used for Asami Hoshino's story but was there really a need to have her "killing story" in myself; yourself? They spent way to much time giving her character's story little details (ie. killing bird, cat..the whole sakura tree thing). There's not even any closure to her story lol.

5) I knew Nanaka's Dad did it! I'm glad I posted it in ep 12 thread. however I had no idea that Nanaka was the violin teachers kid though. That was a bit unexpected. I take back my negative comment about her uncle (sorry uncle).

On a lighter note, I'm happy all the characters had a happy ending and still managed to meet at one place in the very end.

I still liked the series as a whole, I just think the ending could have done better.
Dec 26, 2007 11:50 PM

Jul 2007
i was a little dissapointed with Sana's past explanation..as other has said 1.5 min is just..
mmm..maybe because i was expecting a lot more drama to Sana's past seeing how he's desperately keeping the watch attached to him..
the ending was 10 years-simple-happy-ending..

nevertheless this series has made me suprised, sad, good mood, laughter, smile and i'll live happily ever after~~8/10

oh and don't have the chance to see how Shuu-Shuuri adult face look like..too bad
Dec 27, 2007 12:27 AM

Jul 2007
Well i think that all this happened cause of the game... They didnt wanted to add more eps
so if we wanted more details we would buy the game... Not sure about this Though.. All i can say is that this anime had potetional and i would be really better with 6-10 more eps...
Now i believe most of the comments are correct but i REALLY enjoyed this 1.I wanted to give 10/10 but i really cant since its true that it lacks many things... :( Well what regards the predictable ending guys were posting different kind of endings since ep 4... It was logical 1 of them was correct :) Now about Nanakas Dad i think i would do the same... Seriously now i felt soooo sorry for him... Such a nice guy loved his wife and doughter and was betrayed by his Childhood friend? Jesus... I would kill him before he dies by cancer that piece of !#$!$#... Well anyways the point is that it could be much better if they didnt rushed it so this dissapoints a lot of ppl... Still though i believe it should get at least 7 since it more than enjoyable
Dec 27, 2007 12:34 AM

Oct 2007
this show had the potential to be really heartbreaking and amazing... and if it were i would have also given it a 10 / 10. the characters personalities were amazing (minus aoi's terrible voice) but sana's past was just so lame. and the end felt really rushed. I honestly felt like nanaka was the main character of the whole show because she had the most character development out of them all..

aside from technical things. i did enjoy watching this show a lot, though i wish it hadnt rushed things at the end. like people mentioned, up to episode 11 was good.... and in two episodes it just went bad.

i'm torn between 7 or 8 as a rating. but considering it brought me to tears (the train incident) and made me seriously go "wow" at moments i'm bumping it up to 8

oh and yeah, the old lady was totally a "wtf" kind of character.

and why is everyone pissed off at black blood? its done for tv.... and probably becaue its rated pg13. its a type of censorship.... if it bothers you that much then wow. its honestly the same as in the movie "across the universe" they were smoking invisible joints because they couldnt show it due to pg-13 rating. we all know its there, so it doesnt detract from the show.
Dec 27, 2007 12:54 AM
Nov 2007
lol

Black blood lessens the quality of the situation it is present in. For instance, in School Days, it was used to diminish the level of violence. If it was red blood, then it would have been more overwhelming.
radiantfireDec 27, 2007 1:11 AM
Dec 27, 2007 12:57 AM

Jun 2007
kab3451 said:
and why is everyone pissed off at black blood? its done for tv.... and probably becaue its rated pg13. its a type of censorship.... if it bothers you that much then wow. its honestly the same as in the movie "across the universe" they were smoking invisible joints because they couldnt show it due to pg-13 rating. we all know its there, so it doesnt detract from the show.

I'm not one of the people pissed off at the black blood but I figured id just point this out. Minami-ke is PG-13 and it had red blood in its latest episode which aired last week. The blood was of course a nose bleed caused by the guy character looking at a small chunk of bra that one of the sisters had exposed but it was red blood non the less.
Dec 27, 2007 1:17 AM

May 2006
I liked most of it. They wasted a few episodes on fillers, but then the plot got pretty good. The epilogue was a total waste too, best was to stop watching at 19:08...

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Dec 27, 2007 1:23 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:

I'm not one of the people pissed off at the black blood but I figured id just point this out. Minami-ke is PG-13 and it had red blood in its latest episode which aired last week. The blood was of course a nose bleed caused by the guy character looking at a small chunk of bra that one of the sisters had exposed but it was red blood non the less.

i think blood from nosebleeds and blood from violence/suicide are two totally different things, personally. hell, kirarin revolution has nosebleeds that are red. and that show is for 10 year olds.

Of course i'd like it better with red blood, and it would be more of a statement if it were red, but im pretty much indifferent whether or not its red or black. things are censored for tv.. thats just how it is.
Dec 27, 2007 1:30 AM

Jun 2007
kab3451 said:
DeathfireD said:

i think blood from nosebleeds and blood from violence/suicide are two totally different things, personally. hell, kirarin revolution has nosebleeds that are red. and that show is for 10 year olds.

Of course i'd like it better with red blood, and it would be more of a statement if it were red, but im pretty much indifferent whether or not its red or black. things are censored for tv.. thats just how it is.

I agree with you, violence and comical bleeding are different. The latest bamboo blade episode that just came out had a nosebleed but the blood was in black. This leads me to believe that there is no "rule" saying the shows have to use black blood. It's probably a common curtsy trend that they're doing. It's not like it matters what the color is anyway.
Dec 27, 2007 2:43 AM

Oct 2007
Great Episode. Good Ending.

HOWEVER...

1) The entire series was totally rushed through. I was totally surprised when they jumped 10 years towards the end of the last episode.

2) Black blood?

3) Aoi-chan's voice annoyed me so much from the beginning to the end of the entire series...

The story line and characters were really good. This series had the potential to become a great anime, but I think it was ruined due to the fact that it was rushed through so quickly.
Dec 27, 2007 3:50 AM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:
I agree with you, violence and comical bleeding are different. The latest bamboo blade episode that just came out had a nosebleed but the blood was in black.

o.o Really?

Then Minami-ke wins then, because their latest nosebleed scene was red.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deli53 - Nov 21, 2007

93 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.