Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 27, 2009 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
it was a nice ending,
but one of the grandkids looked like
kuro
something is fishy here ~_~
Jun 27, 2009 4:52 PM

Feb 2009
I think the ending was quite good from an impartial point of view. Since I like Kuro way better than Akane (even though both were stereotypical characters) I did not like the ending as much as it really was.

v7ch said:
it was a nice ending,
but one of the grandkids looked like
kuro
something is fishy here ~_~

Maybe the authors inserted this fact to show the deep bond between Kuro and Keita (their contract was intact until Keita died so this could have somehow affected this?). Well, sounds a bit stupid, but since the whole series was not that good, it would be fitting.
Jun 30, 2009 4:00 PM

Oct 2007
Worst. Ending. Ever.

I can't really give it up even for the part after the recap. I would have been ok with an ending at 21 for this series. But then again, I felt a rapid decline of interesting plot even before that point, right after Keita wakes up from his coma. Haha, you could say the plot never woke up from its coma even though Keita did. HA.

I fear if I write down what I gave this series, people will throw things at me. I'm a pretty tough grader and a lot of the time, the ending makes or breaks the score I give an anime.
Jul 1, 2009 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
At least Keita died. The theme of the anime was good but the plot was terrible, if Keita had died before the anime was great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2009 5:37 PM

Aug 2008
Did Keita die when he synchronized with Kuro for the last time?
Jul 1, 2009 10:04 PM

Jun 2007
Kallen_R2 said:
Did Keita die when he synchronized with Kuro for the last time?

He used the last bit of his life force to synchronize with Kuro to send her that message.

With that said, this episode was crap. There was no reason to have summary in this episode. They could have easily added in content to tie in all the loose ends that where never answered. Not to mention we see Keita get married and then a min later he's a grandfather. I knew there was going to be time skips but why do so many in such a short amount of time? blaaaa at least Keita and Akane had kids and lived a happy life.

Also wtf was up with Kuro's brother saving Akane but not the women he loved still in the helicopter too? He clearly could have if what we saw in this summary was true. That part made no sense at all. Also Kuro being "sealed" on the holy land was a bunch of BS too. You mean to tell me if she just stayed there from the beginning none of this would have happened lol?
Jul 2, 2009 3:39 PM
Oct 2008
Recaps fail, ending was great.
Jul 4, 2009 2:41 PM

Mar 2009
Zero_r2 said:
grandpa died just before dinner TT_TT

I'm more sad about the fact that

there's few potatoes and beefs without their eater than the fact he died. lol. Pretty damn annoying character.

I have to admit I was facepalming like 25% of the series. Mega exe, Giga exe, Tera exe. Did somebody have skill called "Peta Exe"?
Jul 5, 2009 1:06 AM
Jan 2009
lol recap at the last episode.What the HELL!!! I like the ending but not the recap-_-
Jul 7, 2009 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
i loved the ending and

@LOL RAWFULMAO some yakumo at night ^.~
Jul 7, 2009 3:43 AM

Sep 2007
One question : Zero-Raws have a Kurokami episode 24.
Someone have a explication ?
And i know about the episode bonus DVD but it's in August no ?
Jul 7, 2009 2:01 PM

Jan 2009
Its probably the DVD episode.

That ending was pretty odd for me as I kind of expected a Kuro/Keita ending cos of Reishen/Yuki but to be honest all that recap content could have been added to the actual episodes.

Also reuse of original opening was lame.

The only meaningful bits was the ending but I think somehow by Keita dying, the curse is gone?

I guess the gem stones surrounding the mountain were of importance and her making a constant seal but still ending was really random.

Kinda annoyed as the action was really good in Kurokami.
Jul 7, 2009 8:25 PM

Jul 2008
rawfulmao said:
Adult Keita's face looked awfully fragged up though, too much like Reishin's face.
Poor Kuro had to be all alone (unless she was getting a secret dose of Yakumo every night), while Keita got to live a normal life afterwards.

This! I totally had a panic attack for a fraction of a second when we saw Keita, like wtf reishin PLZ.
And that's what I thought! Must get preettttty lonely being alone for eternity. Reminds me of Robinson Crusoe, anyone?

I actually put off watching this for a while, just didn't feel like it. But I liked this ending, nice toning down since I was 'meh'ing through most of the series.
Jul 9, 2009 8:20 PM

Oct 2007
Oh man...what a waste of an episode. Only the last few minutes was worth watching.
Jul 10, 2009 8:32 PM

Apr 2009
horrible use for the episode. Could have done something else with it or just not have it at all. I want to pick up the manga because from what I hear it is much better than the anime and varies greatly from this.

This is the plot summary of the manga:

"Black God is about a computer programmer who meets a Mototsuitama (divine spirit) over a bowl of ramen and loses an arm because of it. He wakes up the next morning with the arm intact and discovers that every person has a doppleganger and some even have a triple liner."
OmegaoverideJul 10, 2009 8:40 PM
Jul 13, 2009 2:35 PM
Jul 2007
They could have skipped everything but the last 2 minutes honestly.

At least it was a realistic ending though. Even IF Kuro had stayed with Keita he would have died anyway so she's likely better off getting down and dirty with Yakumo.
Jul 22, 2009 3:26 PM

May 2009
Meh, so-so ending. I was hoping for an ending more in the realm of chrono crusade.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Jul 29, 2009 6:34 AM

Nov 2008
I liked the ending, we all already knew that it would be Keita/Akane in the end. Poor Kuro, tho.

Rest of the epiode was a waste, they could've have done better things with the time they had..

I enjoyed the series, in the beginning it was a little bit boring.. But after a couple of episodes it was getting better and better. 8/10
Aug 3, 2009 1:23 PM
Oct 2008
I hate it! I think they shouldn't make this ep. The 22nd episode would be better ending of the story. :/
Aug 9, 2009 3:16 PM

Jul 2009
I found this end very original because it's a recap, and the way of doing it with 2 speaker is also original.
And i found the last minutes very beautiful.
I also can understand that some people want a last episode with a mega-fight like the previous episode
Aug 10, 2009 8:20 AM
Jan 2009
I kinda like the ending.. but it'll be better if they put that part to ep 22 instead..since most of it isn't about the ending ...
Aug 15, 2009 2:29 AM

Jun 2009
Yea it was a waste of an episode should have ended it at episode 22 but at least we see how it all ended.
Aug 26, 2009 5:13 PM

Jul 2009
dude i just thing episode 23 was unnecessary. They should have just skipped it. i think episode 22 is the "proper" ending

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Sep 3, 2009 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the ending. Hate the recaps. Clever of Keita to take off Kuro's curse b4 he passed on.
Dec 20, 2009 1:09 PM

Feb 2009
Watched the first minute and skipped to the last 2 minutes. I liked the ending, brought some closure, but I think it would've been better if it just ended with episode 22.
Dec 24, 2009 11:05 PM

May 2008
alltogther now...

FIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEERRRRR....

It was an alright series, but I did enjoy it from time to time. 8/10
Dec 26, 2009 10:11 PM

Aug 2009
I hate recaps in general which is why I voted "hated it". I didn't mind the ending Akane got to have Keita, although Kuro got a shitty deal so you can't help but feel sorry for her. I would have liked it better if Kuro found a way to be with Keita.

Instead of doing the last episode as a recap they could have skipped the opening credits in episode 22 which could have given them enough time to show Akane going to the alter with Keita and Keita dying as a old man with grandchildren.
Jan 5, 2010 9:21 AM
Sep 2009
yeah this episode was a waste of time.. altho it was nice to see some insight on what happened after episode 22..

i was just waiting for Keita to go running to Kuro in the holy lands, wouldn´t that be a more satisfying end?? but instead he ended up with Akane.. what a Dumbass.. altho i didn´t really like keita as a character but, i don´t know about u guys but if i was Keita i wouldn´t have lived a happy life without being with Kuro (same goes for Kuro).. and especially knowing that she was isolating herself... and Yakumo and Riona made a nice couple they should of stayed together.. but i also feel like it was a one sided love for them.. since Riona cried at the end.. and Yakumo was like "i have to protect the princess" wtf?? made me feel like he didn´t give a dam about Riona and only cared about Kuro.. so maybe Kuro was getting some from Yakumo xD.. altho i also kinda doubt it...
Jan 11, 2010 1:28 AM

Dec 2009
Be thankful I am actually interested enough to review an ending of an anime, for this is a truly rare occasion.

A part of me did feel that the recap scenes of episode 23 could have just been placed in earlier episodes, at first. However, as it progressed I began to appreciate it more - a trip down memory lane if you will, while having some side story elements filled in. Then, the last minute made the ending spectacular; very touching and real.

Looking back now, I agree with the majority that the Keita and Akane pairing seemed strange though. I would have preferred the alternative pairing as well.

As for some of you expressing sentiments about Kuro being trapped in the Holy land forever, take a look at this: http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3826/kurokami23.jpg. It would appear that in his death Keita took the doppeliner curse with him somehow, thus Kuro would be able to return to our world.

Lastly, I speculate that Keita and Kuro only die together when two conditions are in effect: (1) they are synchronized, and (2) neither has any tera. As for Steiner's contractee Excel, I can only guess here as well on why she remains young versus Keita aging normally. In the middle of the series Yakumo (blue haired girl with glasses) states that forming a contract makes the contractee stronger. Perhaps the reason of Excel staying young was because she was always with her contractor, in comparison to Keita and Kuro who became separated across dimensions.

I hope this might give some of you more closure, I myself don't really care for minor details when it comes to these things. This anime was very enjoyable as a whole, and I hope you enjoyed it as well.

9/10, Thanks for reading.
Mar 12, 2010 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
overall the anime's pace was pretty jagged, at some parts it was fast, sometimes horribly slow (with lame scenes and abolsutely no plot development).

The whole plot was terribly cliche as well.......an average anime id say

Apr 25, 2010 12:26 AM

Jun 2008
I really wish he had of gone with Kuro, would have just been better that way
May 8, 2010 11:25 AM
May 2010
Holycore said:
I really wish he had of gone with Kuro, would have just been better that way

I agree.
Jun 8, 2010 5:46 AM

Dec 2009
i just look back on this anime with mixed feelings. overall it is a clear 9 to me but with the ending and the easy going rehabilitation of Sano Akane it is never worth to get such a high ranking. i mean comon she betrayed him, even if it was for a good matter. she fought him without any regret. the only reaction was just a little push when Keita Ibuki was looking like dead! and after all that's it... and they get married??? not only a little bit of feeling really sorry for, just an lose explanation why? just imagine Keitas situation everybody dies in his surrounding and shortly before the expected mainfight, one of the most important persons turns her back on him and goes side by side with the suggested enemy? and that without only one word about it. would you say thx after all????

so rating 6 of 10. but i like that it got an final ending!
Jun 18, 2010 8:04 PM
May 2010
1st things 1st yes 90% of this episode was wasted and could have been used for somthing more interesting now the ending
AAAHHHHH!! so frustating the ending made me want to smile, cry, awwww, and scream at the screen all at the same time!

kuro got the shit end of the stick not because she had to give up time so keita could live (she's immortal) or because she didn't get the romantic relationship with keita that could have gone ether way but because she didn't get any involvment in his life at all, she never got to see him or the life he lead ever again which i believe ruined the whole "bond" aspect of the show an ending where this bond is maintained wether romatisized or not would have been far more satisfactory imo.

also just because kuro couldn't leave the pure lands don't mean thay can't go there etc, etc. basically there was a hundred different senarios that would have been a better ending and the final ep could/should have just focused on the after story not re-caping.

alt ending A) you see a full after story proposal then marrage then kids and keita and akane (posibly with kids) visiting kuro (like a holiday)

alt ending B) same as above but showing multiple "messages" between keita and kuro

then theres all the obviouse ones like keita goes with kuro and they live happily ever after forever, someone also mentioned a romeo and juliet style ending if done well that could be epic but would leave some characters behind so to speak i could go on but im just going to skip to the acctual ending, i like that he synchroed one last time befor he died, this did leave me thinking he just got on with his life and forgot about kuro until the end but was still a good sentiment and i liked the fact that it was an absolute ending i had more to say but ive forgot so ill end with the fact that im going to read the manga and ill probably post here if the ending is better.
Jun 27, 2010 3:23 PM

Jun 2009
I just forwarded bit by bit until I've reached the real ending scenes. I'm satisfied with the ending since I really wanted Akane and Keita to be together. I wonder if there's gonna be a second season. Kuro with a new contractee maybe? Hehe well with the Dopperliner system gone, there could be a nice twist in the storyline.
Jul 2, 2010 1:44 PM

Jan 2009
stoylz said:
dammit i spoiled the freaking anime by reading thesse =(
Now i dont wanna finish the series cus i know kuro and keita don't end up together :''(
Uhm anyway, if I may ask.. Why'd you wander in here if you haven't seen more than the 7 first episodes? : o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 18, 2010 9:08 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome show overall. The ending made it that much better. Great job!
Jul 28, 2010 4:42 AM

Apr 2010
tche..worst..manga.ive.seen.
Jul 29, 2010 4:40 AM

Jul 2009
No...no...no...I SAID NO! I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WAKE UP AT 6 IN THE F-ING MORNING TO DISCUSS AN ANIME....except for school days but everyone knows that it is a clusterF**k and doesnt count....ANYWAY....WHY DO ANIME PRODUCERS MAKE ENDINGS WHEN THE MANGA IS STILL GOING ON!!! Dont mess with sh*8 that hasnt ended! dont give it ur own unless its awsome!! now i have to read the manga......I HATE THAT! if this was to get me to read the manga....Hats offf u succeded! ugh....ending was ok...why just ok? CAUSE ITS NOT OVER DUSHBAGS THAT MADE THIS!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.?:!.????
im on the wii for christ sakes....u know how hard it is to type on wii? again it was a good series with a good 2 minits...but come on....kuro is there for the taking! Akane cant just steal that easily...thank god for a manga that is completly different......UGH! No one except akane ended up happy! dont give me that bull! BE A PIMP FOR ALL I CARE, JUST DONT WUSS OUT ON SH*8....that was directed towards the writers....Man up and leave it open ended......we dont need people dying! What we do need is someone with a brain to say, "Wow...um... this isn't the best ending." Hey why dont we start a new season with all the kuro leaving part but then have her living alone a premonition of things to come and instead she doesnt leave and this stupid ending could be forgotten......BUT THATS JUST TOO SMART ISN'T IT?

Nam is a G.... enough said.

Sincerlly,

MelonLord

P.S. Sorry about the rant...but someone has to do it.
Aug 5, 2010 10:24 AM

Jul 2009
Hate racaps >_<

Why?! Why series with nice music and beautiful endings have so worst plot and so bad art? =\

All this 23 episodes is a waste of time. Even endless8 isn't so boring... I want my time back ;_;
5/10 for me, only because of music and endings.
Aug 12, 2010 3:14 PM

Jul 2009
Kenaya said:

5/10 for me, only because of music and endings.

Wow, the music really sucked. Sometimes it was misplaced so bad that I had to laugh. Actually, everytime I laughed while watching this anime it wasn't about, it was AT the anime.
Was there even anything funny? Dunno.
Someone wrote that he cried... holy crap , whats up with you? Watch some real sad shit, that wasn't sad in the least. You cry while watching Titanic too, don't you? oO

Well, hopefully the manga is better...
Aug 12, 2010 5:09 PM

Jan 2009
Schreibtisch said:
Someone wrote that he cried... holy crap , whats up with you? Watch some real sad shit, that wasn't sad in the least. You cry while watching Titanic too, don't you? oO
Well, some people cry when seeing something like Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, so I find it possible that there'd be people who could cry for this one too.
It's not likely I guess, but it sure as hell ain't impossible.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 13, 2010 4:42 PM

Nov 2006
Yeah boring episode. Overall I liked the series, now to start reading the manga!
Aug 27, 2010 1:04 PM

Jul 2008
Well, that's one way to find out how your grandfather died.

Overall entertaining series in my opinion. Some parts were questionable, but I'm left satisfied. I was afraid the series was going to turn out like Shakugan no Shana and have two girls fighting for the male protagonist instead of focusing on the action, but I'm glad that's not the direction they were intending to go.
Feb 18, 2011 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Just finished watching the last episode.. And I feel like shit.. omfg

Why did Keita and Kuro got separated.. T_T
PSP-NGP.net Latest News & Updates!

Mar 8, 2011 11:04 PM

Jul 2009
comment
May 30, 2011 4:02 AM

Mar 2011
Wait, so if the curse died with him, does that mean the Doppeliner System worked until his death? What a douchebag for not dying right away.
Mr. Wonsworth, you may NOT eat my scones!
Sep 7, 2011 5:30 AM

Nov 2007
Wow! Finally! Finished! I loved the anime. I love Kuro! I love Reishin! I love Yakumo! I love PuniPuni! And Nam?! waaaa! Saikou! :DDD
Nevermind about Keita and Akane.. :DDD

i liked this anime! I liked how it turned out.. So for me, 10/10! ;DD Like!
Geez! Reishin! Didn't expect that twist~

As for the ending, throught out the series, it is expected that Keita and Akane would end up.. From the beginning there is nothing between Kuro and Keita anyway, purely, they're just helping each other to achieve their goal..
I actually don't like Keita for Kuro.. She's too much for him. I like Yakumo better! :DD kyaaa! Yakumo♥Kuro! :DDDD
Demo ne, I was touched when Kuro decided to leave for Holy Land.. When She cried? Damn! Arghhhhh! But i think when she's saying something.. its like she loved Keita, but not in a romantic way..

The older version of Kuro is Beautiful.. Yay! :DDD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treekodar said:
Wait, so if the curse died with him, does that mean the Doppeliner System worked until his death? What a douchebag for not dying right away.

No! The reason why Kuro isolated herself in Holy Land is because she bear all the curse.. So that means, until Keita died, Kuro is holding that curse, and when they synchro, Keita then brought the curse to his grave.. :D
Dec 31, 2011 1:17 AM

Sep 2009
Sigh...poor Kuro...she got she short end of the stick in all this
At least she had Yakumo
I agree Yakumo is 100 times better!!!!!
Adult Kuro looks sooooo pretty ^_^
May 8, 2012 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
No way. Keita ended with Akane. Keita ended with Akane. Keita ended... what?! Seriously, why Keita has to end with her? Where is Keita x Kuro relantioship? Where is the hug, the kiss? Nothing more to say, disappointed.
PrinceLiedMar 27, 2014 7:42 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.