3It was OK
22.6%
2Disliked it
17.1%
1Hated it
18.6%
Average 3.1
199 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 18, 2009 4:30 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Last episodes doesn't show so much only for recaping of hidding scenes and more talk about Kuro and her pasts etcs.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 19, 2009 2:27 PM
Jul 2008
That was a waste of an episode. 90% of it was just recaps. The ending wasn't too bad, I thought it was a decent ending. The kids look to much like Keita and Akane though.
I didn't like that Kuro had to go back to the holy land.
Jun 19, 2009 3:28 PM

Jun 2007
What a waste of a final episode I think we did not need all the recaps from the series but they had to fill the final revelations somehow in the episode. Also It's Kind of sad how it ends. Something about it just made me feel bad about it.
Jun 20, 2009 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
What a waste of time!! what kind of ending was that?!? that fag Keita should`ve stopped or went with Kuro. Goddammit. i teared up a little when she was saying "i love you douchebag" goddammit.

Jun 21, 2009 5:39 AM
Mar 2008
so keita and akane got married and kuro and yakumo stay in the holy land. well, I guess it is impossible from the beginning for keita and kuro to stay together. they are different species after all. LOL.

well, I would say that this is 'realistic' ending. I am not happy nor sad. But I totally satisfied. :)

I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!
Jun 21, 2009 8:24 PM

Sep 2008
Indeed, the ending was satisfying. I'm glad that they at least showed a little of the aftermath. It's sad that he died, but it's inevitable; glad he enjoyed life though, never forgetting who allowed him the opportunities in life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2009 8:54 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah, this episode was a waste of my time and their money
Jun 23, 2009 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
I am not really sure what the point of this episode was, seems like a waste of effort. Oh man did I wanna start weeping at the very end though. Now that's how you conclude an anime series!

Overall the ending more than satisfied me, I only wish the series could have been as great as the last few episodes were.
Jun 23, 2009 4:31 PM

Apr 2009
I thought the last episode was a waste of time, money and energy. They could have easily have used alot of other closers for this. But it was good to know that Ketia lived a long life. And now what happens to Kuro? Boo for sad endings. :(
Jun 25, 2009 12:32 AM

Oct 2008
The only thing about this episode that was remotely worth it was that scene after the ending credits. There was something sort of touching about seeing Keita dying as an old man synchronizing with Kuro for one last time, in isolation in the pure place.
olmecalmightyJun 25, 2009 12:48 AM
Jun 25, 2009 12:46 AM

May 2008
...i am going back to the manga. It was an ok ending btw.
somewhat realistic..
Jun 25, 2009 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
hmm mostly recaps which i thought was pretty good as an ending
why not put all those 22 episodes together in one?
lol at least we know that Keita lived a long life, kinda cool how he synchronized
with Kuro rite b4 he died XD
Jun 25, 2009 7:02 AM

Jan 2009
Recap was annoying but the ending was quite unique.
Jun 25, 2009 7:49 AM

Nov 2008
That was a great 2 minutes... ignoring the rest...

That ending was excellent.
Jun 25, 2009 8:15 AM
Aug 2008
Last 2 or 3 minutes, realistic ending at the least. Dying as an old man huh...so wait..motosumitas don't die unless they fight in battle?
Jun 25, 2009 8:58 AM

Jan 2009
oh maaaan, that was so not satisfactory =.=
first, damn recaps >.> second, akane was so not worth it <.< third, why the heck did Keita and Kuro have to separate at the end ? >.<
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 25, 2009 10:33 AM

Nov 2007
It was okay.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 25, 2009 11:32 AM

Sep 2008
I didn't like all the recaps but the ending was very touching... especially their last syncro...
cried together with kuro :(
Jun 25, 2009 11:33 AM

Jul 2008
i think it would have been better having a kuro x keita ending rather than akane...a more chrno crusade-like ending ..and those kids look just like keita and akane which reminds me of da capo II(the characters look just like the ones from da capo with different hair styles)
Jun 25, 2009 12:01 PM

Jan 2009
The ending was probably the best part of this series, I was afraid it would be another one of those haremly ever after endings.
Adult Keita's face looked awfully fragged up though, too much like Reishin's face.
Poor Kuro had to be all alone (unless she was getting a secret dose of Yakumo every night), while Keita got to live a normal life afterwards.
Jun 25, 2009 4:00 PM
May 2008
Wow, WTF was that crap!?!? Trying to give this show some emotional impact and the characters personality in the final episode... that was just awful. I think I might try the manga to get the anime's "story" out of my mind... honestly this was just bad. 4/10 for the anime series.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 25, 2009 7:21 PM
Apr 2008
A disappointing adaptation 7/10
Jun 25, 2009 7:53 PM

Apr 2008
I know the ending was mostly recap with a little bit different point of views, but I REALLY like it when the ending shows how the main character ended up in the future. Like this anime and Ronin Kenshin however you spell it.
Jun 25, 2009 8:40 PM

Oct 2008
rawfulmao said:
Poor Kuro had to be all alone (unless she was getting a secret dose of Yakumo every night), while Keita got to live a normal life afterwards.
lol, one can only wonder.
Goodtimes420 said:
I know the ending was mostly recap with a little bit different point of views, but I REALLY like it when the ending shows how the main character ended up in the future. Like this anime and Ronin Kenshin however you spell it.
well, i think they tried to do that that with the final scene after the credits, but i think it's best to think of this as an extra episode, and not a final episode, really 22 ended it, this was just kind or recap part 2 (apart from that last scene).
Jun 25, 2009 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
I was glad to see that the ending showed how things were so far into the future. It was touching to see that after all that time, Keita didn't forget about the sacrifices that Kuro made especially for him to have a good life. I never really liked the Keita/Akane pairing. It just didn't feel too real to me. She is or looks like a full grown adult while he likes like a child and acts even younger.

And I don't quite understand how Kuro isolating herself would stop the curse. The series started after good than it just went downhill from the there. It was just way too predictable, but the fight scenes were done really nicely and by that I mean drawn, not how Kuro would always manage to win the fight against the insane odds.
Jun 25, 2009 9:00 PM
Apr 2008
They shouldn't of done this episode. Was better to leave it with last one. Not only was it a waste of time, but right before the credits... wtf? That just got me annoyed.
Jun 25, 2009 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
3/10
They clearly didn't understand the relatively good tone they ended with in the previous episode. I feel like some of these scenes were remastered because I don't remember them looking so well. Overall, there were many well done fight scenes, and I appreciated the twilight color palette of the show, but that was pretty much it. Everything else was bad or worse.
Jun 25, 2009 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Oh I remembered something else btw, x amount of episodes earlier, I think they mentioned something about their tera cycle, that if one of them dies, the other dies too.. was that only applied to Keita? as in if Kuro dies, he dies, not the other way around too?: o I mean, really, in the end, when Keita dies, shouldn't Kuro have died from the cycle being interupted at that point then?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 25, 2009 10:43 PM

Aug 2008
I gave up trying to figure it out. They totally said that, so I was anticipating Kuro to just fall over.

Oh wells.
Jun 25, 2009 10:45 PM

Jan 2009
oh well, not much to do about it now, too bad an overall pretty decent series ended so horribly : (
Jun 26, 2009 1:36 AM

Nov 2007
;_; Normal End
Jun 26, 2009 2:04 AM

Jan 2009
overfunk said:
;_; Normal End
no, bad end ;_;
Jun 26, 2009 3:45 AM

May 2009
All the stuff that was shown in the final episode would've been absolutely fine IF they were inserted in the prior episodes where they belonged. Why not just include them in the DVD release as an extended Director's cut version or something like that? Oh well. Feel bad for Kuro, but this was probably the right ending even if it wasn't the preferred one. Let's call it the Akane ending since everything pretty much worked out great for her. Enjoyed the series overall. Great fight scenes and Kuro made a fun and very likeable heroine.
Jun 26, 2009 6:04 AM
Jul 2008
The ending was great, at leat the few last seconds. It wasn't stupid ending saying "thre might be another season" as in most animes. Keita died and Kuro sealed herself in holy land. We know what happened with them and we know that it's the end.
Jun 26, 2009 7:47 AM
May 2009
On the on side it is a very sad Ending for the Kuro x Keita Pairing
but on the other side i give the anime credit for having support char x main char which got a bit of rarety worth
Jun 26, 2009 7:47 AM
May 2009
On the on side it is a very sad Ending for the Kuro x Keita Pairing
but on the other side i give the anime credit for having support char x main char which got a bit of rarety worth
Jun 26, 2009 7:49 AM

Jan 2009
woah, double post is double : o
Jun 26, 2009 7:55 AM
Jun 2009
I would have prefered that kuro had killed herself while keita was holding her, kinda like romeo and juliet, dieing together.
Jun 26, 2009 7:56 AM

Jan 2009
Zealot said:
I would have prefered that kuro had killed herself while keita was holding her, kinda like romeo and juliet, dieng together.
definitely, since it's kinda cheating that Kuro doesn't die when Keita dies ;_;
Jun 26, 2009 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
This had a very interesting ending, so much so that it prompted to me to make an account and actually post something :O. Anyway just a couple of things I wanted to point out, that haven't already been pointed out.
1:How did Keita get old? If I remember correctly Steiner's contractee was very old yet had the appearance of a child, or atleast they alluded to this several times.
2: Wouldn't the Holy Lands around the world still be visible? Didn't the holy Stones, or whatever they were called, keep the lands hidden? And they were destroyed, and since they were the power of Misagami (Or w/e the name was) how could they be remade since Misagami is gone (Other than Kuro)?
3: I've heard it was different in the manga, but most of the show was a build up for KeitaxKuro, with a few scenes of Akane trying to get on Keita XD. For me throughout the shows Akane seemed to me more of a mother figure, I mean she was, from what I saw, probably 4-5 years older than Keita. To do all that build-up for KuroxKeita then have Akane and Keita marry at the end was a bit strange imo.
4: So, with the limited amount of time they made for themselves b/c of all the filler...in the last episode >.>... the ending they did was probably the easiest way to end it, on a note that atleast part of the fans could accept/deal with. But, idk how realistic it was, I'm not an emotional type of guy but... if I was Keita idk how truly happy I would be married to my childhood friend knowing there is someone out there who loves me and is isolated. And the whole "I'm happy if you're happy" is bs imo. I would have preferred Kuro and Keita dieing in the fight with Misagami, or Akane dieing in the same fight, but w/e. (And I'm guessing Keita had feelings for Kuro...maybe? I had trouble telling through most of it >.>.) Eh, it was a strange feeling, 'creative', and disappointing ending to a great show. Oh, and I totally agree about the tera cycle thing, Kuro should have keeled over as Keita died =P.
Jun 26, 2009 9:33 AM

Jul 2007
.. wtf??? way to ruin the show

8->4
Jun 26, 2009 10:28 AM
Mar 2009
Oosran said:
Oh I remembered something else btw, x amount of episodes earlier, I think they mentioned something about their tera cycle, that if one of them dies, the other dies too.. was that only applied to Keita? as in if Kuro dies, he dies, not the other way around too?: o I mean, really, in the end, when Keita dies, shouldn't Kuro have died from the cycle being interupted at that point then?

technically keita was using kuro's tera to live as keita's root sucked up all his tera but as long as keita was there to flow the tera back to kuro as his own kuro can use exceed

i really didnt need the recap for 90% of the episode..
the last 3 mins was only important part and sorta made me cry...

this episode would only have been needed as like an OVA episode or something...
totally not needed as episode 22 ended it well

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Jun 26, 2009 11:24 AM

Jan 2009
kkmaster1337 said:
Oosran said:
technically keita was using kuro's tera to live as keita's root sucked up all his tera but as long as keita was there to flow the tera back to kuro as his own kuro can use exceed
but it makes it more fun if both would've died yes, or maybe not 'fun', but would've been better : D
Jun 26, 2009 6:02 PM

Jun 2009
Hehe, this will be a bit ironic b/c of the show but... I think I have the curse of "Everyone goes silent soon after I say something." XD, no lie it always happens to me. It is most notable on IRC chat and the like XD.
Jun 26, 2009 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
5/10 because the fights were good totally one-sided most of the time but at least they looked good

I could think of worse ways to waste 23*25 mins, but better ones as well..
Jun 26, 2009 8:10 PM
Oct 2007
Well this anime in general was pretty good to me. The ending to me was a different story though... I felt like the Keita x Kuro relationship would be much better since they built the story up upon syncro and the depth of syncro, also it seemed like there could be a relationship that could easily develop. Akane felt like she was in the background most of the time and it felt like a one sided relationship between Keita and Akane. Also it seemed that Keita wasn't truly that happy that Kuro had to leave. =( Also, I felt really bad for Kuro how she had to suffer all alone in the end. The ending seemed kinda realistic... but the end made me so sad. I'm a fan of happy endings, haha..
Jun 26, 2009 8:18 PM

Sep 2008
I knew Akane and Keita were going to get married! ^^ 90% of the episode was a recap, but atleast they showed the aftermath. It was sad that Keita died though. =/

Good anime series. I will miss it.
Jun 26, 2009 11:22 PM

Sep 2008
sad , this is what you call something realistic
poor kuro she`ll still be isolated the rest of her life until she dies

grandpa died just before dinner TT_TT
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jun 27, 2009 7:00 AM

Sep 2008
Hmm they should have ended on ep 22, recap was a bad idea. Only redeeming thing was the few extra things in it. And i really never wanted Akane to be with Keita :/ that sucks.

Well i must say i strangely enjoyed this series. I usually hate shounen but there was something i liked about this one. The start of the series was crap of course, but i think the 2nd half picked up a lot. Some of the plot ideas were actually quite interesting, even if the events/outcomes where cliche. There was some great fight scenes and brilliant animation. Can't really describe why i enjoyed the 2nd half a lot. I just did i guess. I definitely prefer shounen like this instead of the dragged out hundreds of episode crap that seems to be the thing for it. well 7/10 for me.
Jun 27, 2009 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
I'd say I enjoyed the second half more b/c the whole first half one of the mains (Keita) was either A: Not saying anything, staring off into space B: Just watching Kuro getting the crap beaten out of her, C: Saying something asshole-ish.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jan 15, 2009

101 by Ecchi-Go »»
Apr 4, 5:22 PM

» Is any girl better than Namu at sucking and swallowing long, thick, cylindrical things?

ca5w34 - Nov 5, 2023

2 by ca5w34 »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:27 AM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 22 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 11, 2009

35 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 5:20 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 21 Discussion

noteDhero - Jun 6, 2009

32 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:44 PM

Poll: » Kurokami Episode 20 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 29, 2009

31 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 9, 2023 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.