Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2014 9:39 AM
May 2011
I think Chisaki will realize her feelings towards Tsumugu only if another girl will show affection towards him. Real affection.

If I was Tsumugu I would leave this village and let Chisaki stay with her dreams about Hikari.
Feb 13, 2014 9:52 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. I like how Kaname caught Tsumugu red handed... and finally confirmed that Tsumugu has developed feelings for Chisaki.

And I knew it wouldn't be so easy, Manaka isn't waking up just yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Apr 2007
Nagi no Asukara Character Power Rankings

1. Hikari - Has all his friends back. Got to be a big damn hero to Chisaki. Kind of has a plan.
2. Tsumugu - Obviously ahead of Kaname. At the very least, even if the romance thing doesn't work out for him, he has a bright career in oceanography ahead of him when they publish their findings.
3. Chisaki - Embarrassing school uniform incident and fake alcohol aside, she's starting to come to terms with the fact that she's grown up. Realizing she still likes Hikari is only going to bring her heartbreak, though.
4. Miuna - Only scene this episode: jealously eavesdropping on Hikari talking to unconscious Manaka. Poor girl.
5. Kaname - Kaname was quite the asshole in this episode. Low point was when he revealed that he almost let Tsumugu drown because he wanted him out of the picture.
6. Manaka - in a coma and Ena-less. Last place by default.
Feb 13, 2014 9:58 AM
Jan 2014
For those of you who say Kaname is an asshole. I don't think you have the right to say that he's an asshole, his reasoning is understandable. If he didn't save Tsumugu, he could have had a chance with Chisaki. Let me make this clearer, HIS DREAM GIRL! If you don't understand the power of love, i don't think you know what love is.

Tsumugu x Chisaki route, for those of you who think Chisaki is taking Tsumugu for granted your definitely wrong. Chisaki has had tons of guys chase after her but she doesn't want it. On the side note Chisaki has always looked up to Hikari and sees him as a hero. Even though she may not be first in his heart, she still wants to chase after her hero who has saved her countless times. Tsumugu can't replace all the things Hikari has done for Chisaki and that episode today just proved it. You can't move on from things so easily when you've always looked up to it as motivation.
Feb 13, 2014 10:02 AM
Jan 2014
Motivation for what doh?
Feb 13, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2012
Damnit Hikari y u get all da bitches
Feb 13, 2014 10:04 AM
Jan 2014
If you've watched the previous episodes of Nagi no Asukara. You'll know that Chisaki wanted to change to become a better person just like everyone else. She wanted to become a person Hikari appreciated. Hikari was her motivation to change and become a better person because she felt she was always left behind.
Feb 13, 2014 10:10 AM
Jan 2014
Well motivation is one thing, of course you will always look up to them as such but this is about her love for him. 5 years without moving on from such feeling, sure that's faithful but for what? Not like they were in romantic relationship to begin with and she knows how he feels about manaka till this day.
Feb 13, 2014 10:13 AM

Sep 2013
I still can't see Chisaki has feelings for Tsumugu, I mean look how she talks to him casually, and saying "oh its just you Tsumugu" when he finds her trying to look for the wine, but since its Nagi.. feelings can change so quickly. Though Tsumugu has it so perfect this WHOLE time. I wonder when its his time to feel like shit.. like Miuna/Hikari/Kaname/Sayu is feeling.
Feb 13, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
You know... Even if Tsumugu gets dumped...i don't think he'd minds o.o
Feb 13, 2014 10:18 AM
Jan 2014
Guys lets relax ourselfes This ep was the ep which i was waiting forn since the beginin of the second part! So i fucking loved it!b i mean all that tsumugu x chisaki x kaname drama was perfect!! (still waiting for more)
I know that the fact that chisaki says she still likes hikari (not in love) dissapointed many of was, it was like "WHY CANT YOU JUST MOVE ON GIRL" but this is also a proof that tumugu and chisaki will end up together because if she had already moved on, what would she do for the series? I mean her challenge in the anime is to move on, and she still has 7 episodes to do that ;)
i think she will return tsumugus feelings but it will be some more episodes in the future.
God tsumugu confirming his feelings toward chisaki and him touching chisakis face gosh it had screaming on the floor because of the feels, and the tsumugu kaname war shall begin!
well i dont really care who hikari ends up with but if i had to choose it will be manaka because i just dont like miuna.
Feb 13, 2014 10:22 AM
Dec 2013
I have a feeling that Manaka will never wake up.
Feb 13, 2014 10:24 AM
Jan 2014
Killerbee, its not always about your perspective of things. If you noticed, Chisaki was so focused on things remaining unchanged. She didn't want herself to change and she didn't want anything else to change when they hibernated. She clung to what she knew from the people she loved. She felt at home being with her Kaname, Manaka, and Hikari. She was left on the land with no one she could relate with. Its hard to find to things to love where you've lost everything you enjoyed. Chisaki was focused on keeping things the same which is why her feelings remained the same.
Feb 13, 2014 10:24 AM

Oct 2010
LostForgotten1 said:
For those of you who say Kaname is an asshole. I don't think you have the right to say that he's an asshole, his reasoning is understandable. If he didn't save Tsumugu, he could have had a chance with Chisaki. Let me make this clearer, HIS DREAM GIRL! If you don't understand the power of love, i don't think you know what love is.
Just because it's "the power of love" doesn't mean he wasn't acting like an asshole. Love can make you do bad things, but just because you're acting out of love doesn't mean they weren't bad things. He considered letting someone, who hadn't even wronged him in anyway, die to advance his own selfish motives, that's a horrible thing to consider. It doesn't matter if it was his dream girl or not.

"I could have saved his life, but instead I let him die, even though he didn't do anything wrong, all so that I could have a better chance with this girl". That sounds like something a prick would say, no matter how you look at it.
Feb 13, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
I wish Tsumugu said something more...
like when he started liked her,
before or after time skip...

If he started her after time skip I will be disappointed,
before it will be looks he falling in love, because she started live in his house...
and just they start spending more time together.

jrcastro said:
I have a feeling that Manaka will never wake up.

I think she will wake up...
but there will be something like "she still wake up" or "it looks like she don't wake up soon"
just to add drama...
Feb 13, 2014 10:26 AM
Jan 2014
LostForgotten1 said:
Killerbee, its not always about your perspective of things. If you noticed, Chisaki was so focused on things remaining unchanged. She didn't want herself to change and she didn't want anything else to change when they hibernated. She clung to what she knew from the people she loved. She felt at home being with her Kaname, Manaka, and Hikari. She was left on the land with no one she could relate with. Its hard to find to things to love where you've lost everything you enjoyed. Chisaki was focused on keeping things the same which is why her feelings remained the same.

I just feel that the theme of this second arc is changing and many would agree that nothing has changed so far
Feb 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2010
At this point it's fairly obvious they're gonna to sacrifice Miuna (best girl) in the end in one way or another, either just her ena or her entire being to the Sea Toolbag.Tsumugu is a terrible character. I dont know why anyone wants Chisaki (2nd best girl) to end up with him. He has nothing great about him at all. Kaname is even worse, of course so its painfully obvious why she still loves Hikari. He's the only make in the show with any personality, even if he was a jerk to Manaka in the first few episodes. The fact that early on he wasn't trying to force Manaka and Tsumugu apart shows how mature he's been this entire time. He even rooted for her if only so she would be happy. I hate Manaka. It may end with her winning or her dying. If she dies then no one will win Hikari. That would be lame but IMO so would Manaka winning. Other than she's "cute", I don't really see what she has going for her right now. Maybe when she wakes up she'll redeem herself.

I wish the term "Ship" would just die already -_-. HikarixMiuna ftw
KougeruFeb 13, 2014 10:36 AM
Feb 13, 2014 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
I think might be the only one hoping monaka never wakes up lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2014 10:37 AM

Oct 2010
ColdXClue said:
I think might be the only one hoping monaka never wakes up lol

Nah, I hope she doesn't wake up as well. Manaka was really annoying 90% of the time she was on screen. Though, her final scenes were pretty redeeming so maybe she can fix herself when she wakes up. I'd like to give her that chance but I honestly wouldn't care if she never woke up. Gives my Miuna a chance at happiness.
Feb 13, 2014 10:40 AM

Jan 2013
harem ending. hikari gets all the bitches. calling it.
Feb 13, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2014
whoa nice!

First, that ridiculous background play between Akira and Hikari as the doctor talk with chisaki and akari made me laugh! (and its past midnight, i hope i wont meet angry neighbors tomorrow :P)

Second, Chisaki wearing that uniform is so... moe :D

Third, whoa... so Tsumugu liked Chisaki? (I seriously never saw this coming...)

Fourth, Chisaki is now convinced that she still likes Hikari. Heh~~

And btw, i was seriously nervous when Chisaki told Hikari about the continuation of the story between the Sea God and the Ofunehiki...

"So the Sea God had no choice but to let her go back to the surface, taking something in return...

I thought for a while that the Sea God will use Chisaki as replacement.
(Manaka was somehow a replacement for Akari right? My wild imagination is just hopeless...)

-------------------------------

Overall, i find this episode amazing. Though there are not much of an improvement in a character's situation, the episode seemed to prepare each character for the upcoming events

just like a calm before the storm

This episode made me excited for the next one :D Things are getting unpredictable and exciting.
spikyleafFeb 13, 2014 11:03 AM
"Though we strike at you from the shadows, do NOT think that we lack the courage to stand in the light." - Zeratul
Feb 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Feb 2012
Well I feel like a whole lot of nothing with sprinkles of somethings happened this episode.

Tsumugu x Chisaki: I absolutely loathe that ship and I don't particularly care for Chisaki. I feel and sympathize for her and her situation because I'm sure she had been awfully lonely and being the only one of her friends to have grown up, that's rough. But I don't know. Meh. I don't see this pairing as canon. Yes, Tsumugu basically confesses although not to her. I don't think those feelings will be returned however. Chisaki is obviously and blatantly still in love with Hikari. I don't think she will let that go because Hikari trumphs Tsumugu.

Hikari x Chisaki: I don't see this happening either. I feel like this pairing has the same odds as Tsumugu x Chisaki. Chisaki is older now, although I don't think Hikari would mind. I don't think Chisaki will be able to let it go. Hikari obviously still loves Manaka too.

Hikari x Manaka: Although I do not like this ship either, I see this is as one of the more likely ships to happen. That's if Manaka wakes up! (Please wake up baby<3) I can't tell yet whether I think Manaka will wake up. I hope she does. But speaking hypothetically, I feel like this ship could occur. Manaka might have been close to confessing to Hikari before the festival and Hikari has obviously already confessed to her. This would only seem like yesterday to them, so it's more fresh too. I feel like Manaka does love him but I do feel like she loves Tsumugu. However, Hikari would be a more "reachable" option for Manaka.

Tsumugu x Manaka: This is my OTP. Ever since he caught her in the fishnet the first episode, I immediately knew I would ship them. Yes Manaka can be annoying now and again and so can Tsumugu's apathetic-ness, but I generally like them both. However as much as I absolutely LOVE AND SHIP this pairing, I don't know how likely this pairing is. I just can't shake the feeling they are intertwined though. The show is obviously focused on Manaka and the "catching her in the net" seems and narrating makes it seem very important (their relationship). With the story of the continuation that the Gramps was telling Chisaki, I think this easily explained Manaka's situation. She sacrificed herself to the Sea God (in place of Akari). So she sort of "married" the sea god metaphorically or whatever in this "situation". She obviously did care and love Tsugumu (I think) and he is from the surface. The Sea God's lady got to return but he took something from her. And I think that meant her Ena. I think the very act of Manaka returning to the surface is taking her Ena away. For some reason, I don't think it will come back. Maybe the process of her Ena being taken away is causing her to sleep and once it is gone, she will wake up?

On another note regarding this couple, when Tsugumu was talking to Kaname about replacing what is lost with something new. I thought that he was talking about not only Chisaki replacing Hikari with Tsumugu, but Tsumugu replacing Manaka with Chisaki. Or maybe I am totally off the wall wrong there!

Kaname x Chisaki: One of the other pairings I ship. I don't see this happening, however. I don't see Chisaki ever returning those feelings. I see Kaname x Sayu a much more likely couple.

Hikari x Miuna: I don't know. Maybe this could happen, maybe it couldn't. Not much development here but Hikari is in love with Manaka and I'm sure he does not know how Miuna feels whatsoever. Not likely in my book...

My wall of text with analyzing.. I hope my OTP happens but I am not blind and know it might not. -.- BUT I WILL STILL SHIP IT. I hope Manaka wakes up the next episode. And honestly with pairings, anything could happen. But if they end this show and things are unresolved or leave it open-ended I'll be so mad.
Feb 13, 2014 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
Hmmm, I think it's obvious something tragic will happen at the end again. Whether it be Manaka never waking up, or Miuna being sacrificed instead.

Also I'm thinking pessimistically that none of the love drama will be resolved. I think it will just still be the jumbled mess at the end with no resolution. That's the feel I get right now. :(

Love this anime though, it hurts me!
Feb 13, 2014 10:50 AM
Jan 2014
Okay alot to discuss about this episode, firstly how cute young manaka and chisaki were, and you get to see a little glimpse more into their relationships with each other. Next, for some reason in this episode I just kept thinking how much Hikari seems to have changed into an extremely strong character, kinda how the shioshishio kids saw him back at the start, but we never got to. Manaka please wake up. I have almost entirely given up on shipping TsumuguXManaka, only got a tiny bit of hope left that Chisaki is stupid enough to ignore Tsumugu's feelings. Also thought that Chisaki was explained a hell of alot better than previously and I feel that my 'Chisaki a Jerk?' thread is pretty much a moot point now. Lastly the Kaname Vs Tsumugu, and Kaname's confession about the Ofunehiki day and contemplating letting Tsumugu die. The only reason i didnt give this ep a 5 out of 5 is that I still dont love Chisaki, and it was a Chisaki centric episode. More Sayu next week please.
Feb 13, 2014 10:51 AM

Jun 2013
Chisaki centered episode.. Dat uniform scene though lol XD

Anyways, I hope Manaka wakes up soon and hopefully ISN'T in love with Tsumugu since the story said "the wife" of sea god loved someone from the surface. If that happens imma slap someone… But I'm also interested in Chisaki x Kaname x Tsumugu though it's probably going to end up as Chisaki x Tsumugu.

I see Miuna and Tsumugu are going to have a lil talk next episode about their feelings probably about Manaka and Hikari. And what happened to Sayu? Hello? I need my Kaname x Sayu.

AND CHISAKI STOP. JUST STOP. GET OVER HIKARI ALREADY.
Feb 13, 2014 10:58 AM
Feb 2014
Definitely one of those calm before the storm episodes. Nice parts with Chisaki and Tsugumu and Kaname, they have on and off screen time compared to Hikari. Getting really tired of seeing Miuna and watching her decreasing chances of being with Hikari.

Chisaki "loves" Hikari in a hero type way I think. She looks up to him and loves him for being in her life. He helps her. But I don't think it's something that can develop romantically for obvious Manaka reasons. A lot of people realistically feel this way for a certain person, but it doesn't mean they're going to run off with them. They unconditionally love, but NOT in love.

It's generally frustrating to see these ships fly everywhere in each episode. You wait for each Thursday to see SOME KIND OF PROGRESS but to get shot down by someone or some event.

High hopes for next episode, with things actually progressing.
Feb 13, 2014 11:01 AM
Feb 2014
I really don't understand why a lot of you are saying that tsumugu had it easy or everything's so perfect for him! That's so crazy, he spent the past 5 years with the girl he loves without being able to do anything about, but just watch her suffer from the lost of her childhood friends. And they were his friends as well! Also, throughout the entire series he had to see chisaki being hooked on hikari. But of course, he hasn't suffered nearly as much as kaname has. I continually feel so bad for kaname but in this episode he really didn't look good but i do understand his train of thought and I am glad he decided to dive in and help save tsumugu.

I really enjoyed the first half of this episode, I was so happy to see some growth from chisaki, and how she saw her old self in miuna. That made me feel like she could finally move on from hikari and she just felt much more mature. But in the second half i got really disappointed when she realized she still likes hikari but I have to say my annoyance about that was kind of taken out on hikari bcuz I just felt like him knowing how she felt about him and so on, he acted wayyy too nice. Like continually saying to her that she hasn't changed and so on. It's just so annoying bcuz I feel like he's keeping her back from really progressing with her life and he's sort of just keeping her back/making her live in this world that existed 5years ago and not in the present.

Overall I was really happy about this episode focusing more on chisaki, tsumugu and kaname bcuz to be honest I find their story much more interesting than miuna, sayu, hikari, kaname. I like miuna but felt like i saw too much of her in the last couple of episodes so glad she was barely shown and also sayu.

After this episode I don't think hikari would be with anyone other than manaka, therefore miuna doesn't even have a chance i think. I really hope chisaki could open her eyes and realize how good tsumugu is for her and gives him a chance. I do feel bad for kaname but after this episode it's clear that he needs to grow a lot more for him to even deserve to be with chisaki, bcuz being in love with her for so long isn't enough reason for someone to be with another, he really needs to change his attitude, but i do feel for him. And manaka I really hope she didn't lose her ena bcuz her heart still longs for tsumugu bcuz that would just make things wayyy to awkward and just all over the place! But I do believe she wanted to tell hikari that she loves him after the ofunehiki so i don't get her losing her ena and miuna getting it, but we'll see. But at the same time if that's what she wanted to tell hikari I'd kind of lose respect for her, bcuz she knows about chisaki feelings for him so why would she do that without letting chisaki know first. That's the only thing that would bother me if that happens since manaka is known for being such a good friend to chisaki.
janinejayFeb 13, 2014 11:18 AM
Feb 13, 2014 11:05 AM

Oct 2012
Chisaki, MOVE ON!! You're far older than Hikari and you surely won't find what you want.
I liked this episode, although it was Chisaki centered, that uniform scene was funny.
Manaka is still in coma, maybe she won't wake up for a while or simply they don't want her up (?).
I'm still rooting for HikarixMiuna and TsumuguxChisaki but the first pair is now more difficult to achieve :/.
Where's Sayu when Miuna needs her? She doesn't really know what to do with her unrequited love, she should talk with her (Tsumugu maybe it's a good help too). And Sayu is in love with Kaname, but he's still blind with Chisaki...
I don't score this episode 5/5 because Chisaki can't move on...
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Feb 13, 2014 11:06 AM
Jan 2014
Here we are analyzing and frustrated every week while okada is tapping her fingertips together with a devilish grin saying "excellent!!!! Like Mr. Burn from the simpson.
Feb 13, 2014 11:12 AM

Feb 2012
^^ probably exactly what is happening!
Feb 13, 2014 11:13 AM

Apr 2013
Lmao Chisaki trying to wear her school uniform :D
So there was a continuation to the sea god's story. This might explain why Manaka is losing her Ena.
Feb 13, 2014 11:13 AM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
Just because it's "the power of love" doesn't mean he wasn't acting like an asshole. Love can make you do bad things, but just because you're acting out of love doesn't mean they weren't bad things. He considered letting someone, who hadn't even wronged him in anyway, die to advance his own selfish motives, that's a horrible thing to consider. It doesn't matter if it was his dream girl or not.

"I could have saved his life, but instead I let him die, even though he didn't do anything wrong, all so that I could have a better chance with this girl". That sounds like something a prick would say, no matter how you look at it.

It doesn't give him the right to let him die. However you can't say that we all don't have our own selfish greed and think about things like this. We all don't have pure thoughts 24/7 of the day. Kaname has been treated like dirt all the way up till now, hes tired of waiting for chisaki.Hes pursuing her now and letting his feelings try and be known.Hes not going down without a fight and you should respect that. Chisaki hasnt made it clear to the others about who she likes yet. It's not wrong for Kaname to fight for her.
Feb 13, 2014 11:21 AM

Sep 2008
Previous and next episode...
Miuna don't want Manaka to wake up,
Miuna don't wanted to find Manaka,
but at the end she helped...

Current episode...
Just like Kaname don't wanted help Tsumugu,
Kaname wanted Tsumugu to disappear,
but at the end he helped him.

If Kaname is "bad", then Miuna is also "bad".
Feb 13, 2014 11:30 AM

Apr 2012
lmao I thought Chisaki was ready to move on during that sake scene, BUT NOPE the ending totally trolled us. Man that time skip was a horrible idea....... :|

whelp looks like everything is back to square one with respect to their relationships. so dumb lol. Judging the pattern of this show Manaka probably still likes Tsumugu. Rename this show Unrequited Love no Asukara
zzzeallyFeb 13, 2014 11:33 AM

Feb 13, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:

It doesn't give him the right to let him die. However you can't say that we all don't have our own selfish greed and think about things like this. We all don't have pure thoughts 24/7 of the day. Kaname has been treated like dirt all the way up till now, hes tired of waiting for chisaki.Hes pursuing her now and letting his feelings try and be known.Hes not going down without a fight and you should respect that. Chisaki hasnt made it clear to the others about who she likes yet. It's not wrong for Kaname to fight for her.
No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.
Feb 13, 2014 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Manaka flag confirmed,Hikari Chisaki ship still sailing.

Hoping for manaka to stay asleep forever so i can have my ship win.
Taimanin_IreliaFeb 13, 2014 11:41 AM
Feb 13, 2014 11:42 AM
Nov 2013
This episode is trying to throw a curve ball on us. Manaka will not wish that her ena will be taken because she likes hikari which seen before the Ofunehiki. I also view the relatioship between chisaki and hikari same as the relationship between manaka and tsumugu which tsumugu is the sun of manaka.

I think that the Sea God knows manaka likes hikari. For this, the sea god takes manaka ena and transfer it to miuna so that manaka and hikari can't be together.
waykaonFeb 13, 2014 11:46 AM
Feb 13, 2014 11:45 AM

Sep 2008
FrozenRemains said:

What?
Hikari love Manaka, confessed for her and friend-zonded Chisaki,
even if Manaka will stay asleep, there is no chance for Hikari/Chisaki.
Feb 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2012
waykaon said:
This episode is trying to throw a curve ball on us. We already know that manaka likes hikari before the Ofunehiki. I also view the relatioship between chisaki and hikari same as the relationship between manaka and tsumugu which tsumugu is the sun of manaka.

I think that the Sea God knows manaka likes hikari. For this, the sea god takes manaka ena and transfer it to miuna so that manaka and hikari can't be together.

that theory doesn't sound bad :o
Feb 13, 2014 11:47 AM

Nov 2013
This is getting way too repetitive with the whole change thing.

I could've sworn i heard the exact same lines that Chisaki and Hikari were spouting when they got into Shioshishio.
Feb 13, 2014 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
LittleStar said:
FrozenRemains said:

What?

Except for the part where Manaka shot down Hikari,and liked Tsumugu.
You can keep the no chance drama to yourself.
Feb 13, 2014 11:50 AM

Nov 2010
Fuck. Just fuck.

So now Tsumugu confessed that he likes Chisaki as well? It's officially a pentafuck triangle or whatever its called. I was really hoping that Tsumugu wouldn't join this shit. But eyyy no.

Halfway through the episode, I was hoping that Chisaki would wash away with the current and end up as Sea God's new bitch.
Feb 13, 2014 11:52 AM

Sep 2008
waykaon said:
This episode is trying to throw a curve ball on us. We already know that manaka likes hikari before the Ofunehiki. I also view the relatioship between chisaki and hikari same as the relationship between manaka and tsumugu which tsumugu is the sun of manaka.

Why people take Sea God story so literal?
First of all, if Sea God story was true,
people from Sea don't go to "sleep",
because whole "Ofunehiki" thing was just to stop hibernation.

Also Manaka took Akari's place,
and this don't help to stop hibernation.
So taking Ena, because so she can't back to Sea? O.o
Where she made clear that she admires Tsumugu,
like he is like Sun for her?

FrozenRemains said:
LittleStar said:
FrozenRemains said:

What?

Except for the part where Manaka shot down Hikari,and liked Tsumugu.
You can keep the no chance drama to yourself.

She shot down Tsumugu,
and was ready to reply positively on Hikari's confession...
I don't think she wanted shot him down when with smile she said,
she want tell him after festival.

Also even if possibly Hikari will be shot down,
I still don't think Chisaki have a chance.
LittleStarFeb 13, 2014 11:56 AM
Feb 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Sep 2008
Yeah! Manaka! Finally they added her to "characters" area.
http://www.nagiasu.jp/character/index.html
Feb 13, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2009
It was interesting to see Chisaki narrating the end of the episode... for a moment I was reminded of Saki narrating the past in Shinsekai Yori.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Feb 13, 2014 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
Hikari believes he can save Manaka T__T. My heart keeps crumbling every episode!!!!
Feb 13, 2014 12:16 PM

May 2013
I wish Manaka was never found and that Hikari got wrapped in that weird head nest destruction and never came back again either.
Feb 13, 2014 12:19 PM

Jul 2013
Hikari having the same face as he did back then when he was holding Manaka and Chisaki's hands..
Miuna is now the old Chisaki ;o
Chisaki trying out her school clothes again XD Funny.
Chisaki still likes Hikari huh..
Kaname thinking Tsumugu was going to do something to Chisaki.. ugh.
Chisaki drinking plum wine ;o and no hangover ;o
Kaname and Tsumugu fighting it out for Chisaki..
And Manaka is yet to wake up after a week.. will she wake up at all?
SandyBoiFeb 13, 2014 12:23 PM
Feb 13, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 2014
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:
Madara31 said:
LostForgotten1 said:

No it's not wrong to fight for her, but he's being an asshole about it, that's all I'm saying. Nobody's perfect, but it just seems like Kaname's been slowly deteriorating into a less and less likable person ever since he confessed.

And this is just me, but although yes we all have our selfish greed and thoughts, I would never even think of letting an innocent person die, if I had the opportunity to save them, just to give my self a better CHANCE with someone. And it makes it even worse considering they were supposed to be friends. His friend was on the verge of death and he thought about leaving him. It's like ever since Kaname saw how well Tsumugu and Chisaki got along, he's treated Tsumugu like a stranger.

In the end, he didn't let the innocent person die though. He knew what was the right and wrong decision. That's why he helped save Tsumugu. In the end, Kaname has some right to be mad at Tsumugu. Kaname saving Tsumugu led to Tsumugu x Chisaki route and most likely ended his Kaname x Chisaki route.
Feb 13, 2014 12:30 PM
Nov 2013
LittleStar said:
waykaon said:

LittleStar said:
Why people take Sea God story so literal?
First of all, if Sea God story was true,
people from Sea don't go to "sleep",
because whole "Ofunehiki" thing was just to stop hibernation.

Also Manaka took Akari's place,
and this don't help to stop hibernation.
So taking Ena, because so she can't back to Sea? O.o
Where she made clear that she admires Tsumugu,
like he is like Sun for her?

1.) Ofunehiki was not done to stop hibernation. Even Uroko-sama said that it will not stop the hibernation. Ofunehiki festival 1st happen because the 1st ancestor of the people of the land which came from the sea was having a hard time living in the land. For this they held the Ofunehiki so that they can have blessing of the sea god to have a bountiful harvest in exchange for woman to be married to the sea. god. It was only naive thinking of hikari and people of the land that it will stop the hibernation.

2.) I did not say that manaka's ena was taken so that she cant stay in sea. I said that manaka's ena was taken because the sea god dont want manaka and hikari to be together because the sea god want manaka.

3.) It is in 1st few minutes of episode 13 that shows that manaka only admire tsumugu..
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.