Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2009 3:30 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I breathed a large sigh of relief when Sergay turned Arika down. I really didn’t want the story to go in that direction. Fortunately, to make sure that she doesn’t try again, Sergay had to make Arika hate him, so he said those negative things about Rena and shot down Arika’s own dreams. Makes me wonder if there wasn’t just a bit of spite in his voice. He’s showing lots of signs of conflicted emotions; ultimately, I bet Nagi will be evil, but Sergay won’t be able to follow him.
Jun 17, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2008
I'm glad also Sergay turned Arika down, it would of been so wrong >_>
Jun 25, 2009 12:23 AM

Jun 2009
Now, now you guys should know there is no such thing as "wrong" in anime. Seriously though, I agree I don't think Sergey will be able to use Arika like Nagi wants him to. I have no idea how the whole queen thing is going to work out, however.

I think Arika would make a much better Otome than a queen.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 9, 2009 5:49 PM

Jun 2008
insan3soldiern said:
Now, now you guys should know there is no such thing as "wrong" in anime. Seriously though, I agree I don't think Sergey will be able to use Arika like Nagi wants him to. I have no idea how the whole queen thing is going to work out, however.

I think Arika would make a much better Otome than a queen.

I think it would be revealed that she is the queen but in the end she will choose not to follow that path and let Mashiro in that role.
Dec 24, 2009 1:19 PM

Jun 2009
she's cute in a lovely way when she has that look on her face although I dunno whether I'd have been able to kiss her - she looks so childish and immature. But well at lease that kiss granted her back to her normal self - yupi!

Edit: oh well he turned out to be a jerk after all. That was to be expected.

Edit 2: I never really like that guy anyway - he was cumbersome enough in My-Hime. It's a pity the heroine has to always fall in love with him. When I started watching this I was happy that he's in the father role this time - I just don't get him.
meneopeDec 24, 2009 1:24 PM
Mar 7, 2013 9:03 AM

Jul 2008
dunno if u guys noticed but Rena gave her baby to the lady to HOLD ( notice her baby did not get put in a carriage ) while she put the pendent into the Princess carriage ( 2 babies guys in this process look closely )
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Feb 5, 2016 2:11 PM
May 2015
This pedo business is ridiculous and piss poor writing.. Sergay and Arika are some of the worst characters in this series.. Take them out and focus on Mina instead
Oct 22, 2017 9:19 PM

Mar 2016
Mashiro is probably the best character in this show.
Dec 3, 2020 6:04 AM
Apr 2020
A 2nd straight catastrophic role for Mika Kikuchi when it comes to love. These just suited her perfectly, even in live action.
Dec 16, 2023 5:14 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to meneope
she's cute in a lovely way when she has that look on her face although I dunno whether I'd have been able to kiss her - she looks so childish and immature. But well at lease that kiss granted her back to her normal self - yupi!

Edit 2: I never really like that guy anyway - he was cumbersome enough in My-Hime. It's a pity the heroine has to always fall in love with him. When I started watching this I was happy that he's in the father role this time - I just don't get him.
meneope said:

Wait, so you're saying Sergay was supposed to romance with a girl half of his age?

Sergay did the right thing turning Arika down and making her hate him (on purpose) so she would maybe shift her focus to someone of her age range to romance...

Seriously, he did the right thing, I don't get what people are upset about

More topics from this board

» There are 2 volumes in this Mai-Otome Ayane's Saga. One is Ayane's Descend and the next volume after is Ayane's Flight. Here is the sneak preview of the Ayane's Descend Prologue.

TPatrioticOtaku - Jan 25, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 5, 7:33 PM

» Official name of the war in Mai Otome

jelabarre59 - Aug 26, 2022

2 by jelabarre59 »»
Feb 4, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 18 Discussion

Gretel - Feb 11, 2009

7 by whatever5464 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Feb 5, 2009

17 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 3, 2022 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mai-Otome Episode 25 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

7 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 3, 2022 3:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.