Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had kind of wished that Mamoru and Yuuna had ended up together in a bit more of a satisfactory way. In the end, they used a banana reset button to turn everything back. But at least Mamoru knows Yuuna’s feelings now, so if this were to occur again, the outcome would be very different. Overall I thought the final two episodes were alright: not great, but not bad. They traded humor for story in the finale.
Nov 25, 2009 11:02 PM

Jun 2009
Fitting ending to a average amusing little anime. Nothing amazing, nothing boring either.

6/10
Dec 2, 2009 12:50 PM

Apr 2009
What a patheticaly lame, sorry excuse of a finale was that? Ok true the series was never top quality or anything but this whole Tasuke business took it to another level of crappiness, his character was nothing more than a big, flat, ugly plot device without even the flimsiest excuse of substance... and as if that wasn't enough to make things even worse came the memory loss gimmick and return to normalcy closure... damn hasn't this been done to death already? I thought I'd be safe from it by now...
Dec 14, 2009 5:07 PM

Jul 2009
This Was A Good Lil Anime 7/10
Dec 23, 2009 11:14 AM
Aug 2008
If the anime had ended without the banana slip and amnesia I would have rated it a 9 but I was so pissed at the amnesia ending i lowered my rating a full number to 8.

This was so great up until that stupid damn ending.

Looks like we have a set up for season 2 since the new novel just came out.
Jan 17, 2010 1:20 PM

Jan 2008
myahon said:
If the anime had ended without the banana slip and amnesia I would have rated it a 9 but I was so pissed at the amnesia ending i lowered my rating a full number to 8.

This was so great up until that stupid damn ending.

Exactly my thoughts, as usual the Japanese are first-rate at making unsatisfying endings.

Do they really think that that sort of ending was wished for by anyone? It was probably done in order for Mamoru to keep his harem, as usual, so that the fans of others ships wont get their fantasies totally broken when the protagonist comes out and confesses. Yeah right, as if the other characters actually still are in the game, as if they had a chance from the beginning, as if the anime would even be worth squat if you did NOT like Yuuna.

WHAT IS SO DAMN GOOD ABOUT THE RESET-BUTTON ENDING ANYWAY THAT THEY HAVE TO USE IT ON LIKE 90% OF ALL SHOWS!?
Feb 8, 2010 8:07 PM

Dec 2009
L O L.
Not bad, but still.... I didnt expect the ending to be much different tbh.
Loved the banana song tho, Yuna shud try it in showbiz.
Apr 11, 2010 2:02 AM

Aug 2009
I am not sure I really liked the ending,grant it was a open ending so if they wanted to they could make more episodes. But still it seemed crappy that Yuna's memory of her confessing her feelings was wiped.Because your sitting there thinking I hope she romantically ends up with him and then right about as she might end up with him its snatched away.
May 27, 2010 1:09 PM
Mar 2010
...like an illusion

But I laughed my tears out because of the "Banana...Banana...Banana" xD
Its also like nothing between the characters happened - no relationship development @ all... Guess at least he knows her true feelings.

Argh.. Anyway 7/10

Best regards
Aug 14, 2010 9:11 PM
Jul 2010
I agree with everyone here. That Banana reset pissed me off... It seemed like it could turn romantically complete, and it did, and they screwed with it...

I'll admit it lets them make another series easy, and I'll certainly watch it, but if they had ended it here, they still might've been able to do another series, with more development and originality, and it would have made this all MUCH more original. Had they done that, the overall 2 seasons could've gotten a 9 from me. I had to rate this one a 7 cause of the ending, so if they make a 2nd one, it doesn't seem it could get higher than an 8 because it'll be repetitious of this season, instead of continuing development.
May 12, 2011 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
Ok even with the banana reset, if at the end he would acted not on pressure or duty, but on his own will and said w/e he had to say to her, the ending would have been much better.

6/10 ~ ep 1-10 were fine, last two episodes were pretty solid but it had a terrible ending.

Banana song is so much win... T_T
huh?
Aug 1, 2011 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
This anime was pretty good including its comedy and romance. I wanted a better ending tho but the one they showed was alright. Hope they do end up together. Bananas for this anime!
Jan 20, 2013 2:17 PM
Dec 2010
Nice episode until the reset.
Could have been nice ending without that memory lose banana reset nonsense. And they have never made sequel neither simple OVA with proper ending, what's the point in open endings if producers forget about shows right after it finishes airing.

Overall fun to watch, unsatisfying ending 7/10.
greenmartyJan 20, 2013 2:23 PM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Mar 23, 2013 7:09 AM

Feb 2012
The ending could've been better. I don't like open ended endings. It'd be great if he chose a girl and Yuna's memories were still intact. And if he were to choose a girl, I'd want him to choose Hotaru or Tsubaki. Yuna may be cute, but she's an irritating airhead . Aside from the ending, the series was enjoyable.

7/10
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Sep 1, 2013 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
The ending was beyond retarded. A banana peel? LOL

3/10. This was a gateway series I managed to somehow finish~
May 25, 2014 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
Oh dear...Where to start...

First, Yuna's eternally drug-induced high face never stopped bothering me, but that's just a nitpick.

Second, the show sets Yuna up as a force of nature, hell-bent on getting into as much trouble as possible. I'm wondering she's even able to get to school every morning.

Third is the last few episodes. They set up the scenario with Mamoru trying to come to grips with Yuna's confession, as well as his own feelings. The car accident just kinda happened, but it really puts Mamoru on the spot where he has to figure out if he's Yuna's protector, or if he wants to be something more.

Then the plot happens and suddenly, Mamoru isn't at fault at all. He has no need to grow in character since it was all done by the villains who just happened to appear, and everything was solved by a heroic speech and brute force.

Lastly, the banana. This ranks up as one of the worst ways I've ever seen a show re-establish the status quo. I'm amazed at how low this show steeped as it progressed. I know it's supposed to the a comedy first, but if it's trying to be real towards the end, then it's gotta take criticism as well.
May 27, 2014 6:27 AM

Mar 2014
*Sigh*
This was a depressingly bad ending.
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jul 29, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2014
That banane peel thing was capital B bullshit, way to undo all the devlopment that happened in the final episodes. That serie wasn't that epic to begin with but it would been so much better without that gimmick, at least Yuna would had grown as a person and the harem would had been solved.
Sep 20, 2014 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
I'll be honest, ending sucks...might probably not watch this series again...but it's an ok watch...ill give it a
6/10 as totally at least...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Aug 8, 2015 10:22 PM
Jun 2014
When they finally make progress in their relationship it all gets torn down and literally forgotten by a fcking a banana peel.
Mar 23, 2017 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
So it was an inside job. Wow whoever knew bananas were a key part of the show... That ending.

Overall another forgettable show, Yuna kinda irked me as the show got on.

6/10 teetering on 5.
Aug 23, 2023 4:52 PM

Aug 2017
It was an ok ending, even if the Yuna forgot everything Mamoru knows that she loves him,
I wished if they had more episodes or used the other characters more often,
I'll give it an 8 because the show was hilarious for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 30, 2009

4 by Dekom »»
Aug 22, 2023 4:21 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 10 Discussion

2 by Dekom »»
Aug 21, 2023 3:13 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 9 Discussion

4 by Dekom »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:55 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 8 Discussion

2 by Dekom »»
Aug 19, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Kage Kara Mamoru! Episode 7 Discussion

4 by Dekom »»
Aug 17, 2023 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.