Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2009 5:20 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally I'm done with this crap! Finally! Fuck.. YES! Finally!
Oct 31, 2009 7:49 PM

Feb 2008
i dunno given the mood of the whole show, the ending was ok. i was expecting something a little more epic but oh well. i was just glad it was over.
Sep 21, 2010 12:47 PM

Sep 2009
Pretty damn good ending for a show of this type.

Didn't cop out, didn't make up some last minute BS.
Nov 2, 2010 5:16 PM

Jul 2010
Quite good, I thought it was going to be some nonsensical ending like NGE but thankfully it doesn't, though it's not epic enough, especially with that Black Fafner, suddenly disappeared just like that.
Jul 21, 2011 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
I didn't really enjoy it THAT much. Stupid, heck even retarded decisions were made throughout the show and the idea behind it all was stupid as well, an evolved species that tried to understand the species of the planet, what do they do? They fucking "create" hideous monsters and kill people by basically ehm, whatever the hell they are doing.

It was enjoyable from time to time when it didn't involve decision making.

6/10
Jan 7, 2015 4:16 PM

Sep 2011
I was very pleased by this show, it had some sloppy execution at points and it could have explained things in a more timely fashion especially mir, but i really liked the oppressive tone the show had and its focus on the importance of life and death, it was a very brutal series all things considered and highly depressing at points. The final was pretty great from ep 21 -25/26 and while i feel like the final battle was a bit lacking the ending was satisfying, and im glad they decided to not BS a happy ending on us as the bittersweet one we got where both tsubaki and soushi fade away is more touching and memorable.

Overall id say the series is a 7, i wanted to give it a 8 but its problems do hold it back, still im pleased with the show in the end and thats all that matters to me

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 25, 2015 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Many doubts are a partial answer, but there are also some small doubts that are created or can not find a satisfactory answer, the fact is that this final episode proves so poetic and charming in certain situations.
Only fault not having a counterpart graphics much more beautiful, but you can also defer on this point.
Narrative that always gave the feeling of having a slow pace, but I think you could not do without.
Plot that resembles that of souls that have preceded it, but in a certain way still managed to stand out a bit.
Overall it is enjoyable, if you have the patience to understand and accept a pace not priprio engaging.
The story seems to be well structured, if you analyze the material that has been achieved so far, is to be understood not only this first season, but what came after it.
Ultimately I would give as a final grade 7.5 / 10!

Now step right to the movie and resume the second season, just so I can better understand the plot.
Jul 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Mar 2012
Vastly mediocre, especially the first half...picked up a little bit toward the end, but still thought the ending was underwhelming.

6/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 9, 2015 6:14 AM
Dec 2014
I enjoyed the show. But it wasn't a classic. Just above average. People died, the enemy outclassed the human race and as said above the show had this dark oppressive theme going. A 7/10 score from me.
Oct 28, 2015 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
I liked the first half of the season more. The second half had too much comedy and happy moments.

7/10

Looking forward to the movie.
Mar 15, 2016 8:48 PM

Mar 2015
What a terribruh Final showdown, LOL.

2.7/5
Sep 19, 2020 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
I both liked it and found it exhausting to watch. It's one bleak series but lots of cool ideas. Curious what comes next.
May 3, 2021 7:37 PM

Jan 2008
Hell yeah, that's a finale. Tsubaki's scenes made me sad, especially since her VA died last year. Hit all the harder. Loved it. But I have to say, I'd have been so pissed if they had ended it all here. Thank God the franchise went on. Right Of Left, here I come. 10/10 for me. I have nothing to complain about. Finished it about a week. Would have finished faster, but had to go to work.
Oct 16, 2023 10:48 PM

Oct 2019
this was such a snooze fest. very mid show.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Episode 18 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Sep 20, 2010

6 by FireRifle64 »»
Oct 11, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Episode 17 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Sep 19, 2010

5 by FireRifle64 »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:22 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Episode 9 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Sep 18, 2010

10 by FireRifle64 »»
Oct 9, 2023 6:55 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Episode 2 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Sep 7, 2010

6 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 1, 2023 1:41 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor Episode 1 Discussion

Sabinlerose - Sep 7, 2010

22 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 1, 2023 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.