Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 24, 2009 10:59 AM

Oct 2008
SHIT YO THAT WAS AWESOME
May 24, 2009 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
jacobpaige said:
if she bought the hotel after Akira did, then doesn't that mean she bought it from him? wouldn't he have to agree to that? and even if she managed to get around that, wouldn't the 1.6 billion go to him? or if this was somehow used to overwrite his purchase, then wouldn't he get his 1.5 billion back?

actually I didn't consider that
if XI really bought the hotel back from IX then he should receive the payment
as for "wouldn'the have to agree to that?" Juiz takes care of all that
~May you continue being the Messiah....
May 24, 2009 1:16 PM
Jan 2009
that episode was really,really weird...
although i liked the part when they were kind of having a little "battle" with Juiz and stuff.
May 24, 2009 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty awesome episode.
sadly there's not that many left.

Hope to movie comes out quite soon after the series.
May 24, 2009 2:00 PM

Apr 2009
i thought for sure Saki was going to walk in on on Takizawa give her love with his "Jonny". But im confused, where is Saki's friend? Passed out in an allyway?
May 24, 2009 6:44 PM

Apr 2007
OK, that was srsly epic.

Fabulous ending.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 24, 2009 9:42 PM

Jun 2007
Tensaiga said:
The whole ending phone look makes no sense to me.

For one...It says that it is Selecao 11's list. But the money amounts match up to 9's. But it has the purchases of the accident on the highway and the purchase of the special effects. But it also has the purchase of the hotel. What the heck?

Also, according to the timestamps, apparently 5 hours took place between the accident on the highway and the special effects purchases. 5 freaking hours. I don't see how that could possibly work under any circumstances.

I am just really hoping this doesn't end up like paranoia agent's terrible ending.

She used his phone to buy the illusion thing. The total amount displayed for the illusion material (6,783,719,800) matches the total amount he has left over (found at the top of the phone). I suppose she used some of his money as a trade for him getting his friend back.

I'm interested in if He's really the supporter or not. So far every other member seems to think he is but he shows no signs of split personality so chances are he's no longer the supporter (assuming he was one at the start). This begs the question...who is the supporter now.

One thing I found interesting in this episode is how Juiz is now critiquing everything he does and hinting at things he shouldn't be doing. "Even if you abuse state power, I hope you continue to become an honest messiah", "I hope you become more economical"..etc. She wasn't doing this before and it doesn't seem like she does it with any of the past members. I wonder if it means anything.
DeathfireDMay 25, 2009 4:27 PM
May 24, 2009 9:44 PM

Feb 2009
another super episode, i really wanna know what happens now!
Anime makes me smile!

:-)
May 24, 2009 10:08 PM

Feb 2009
DeathfireD said:

One thing I found interesting in this episode is how Juiz is not critiquing everything he does and hinting at things he shouldn't be doing. "Even if you abuse state power, I hope you continue to become an honest messiah", "I hope you become more economical"..etc. She wasn't doing this before and it doesn't seem like she does it with any of the past members. I wonder if it means anything.

I'm not 100% sure
but I think Juiz said something like that to XI as well in this episode
but yyeah Juiz recently has been saying more than just '...be a messiah'
~May you continue being the Messiah....
May 25, 2009 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
Room 1109- Selecao 11 and Selecao 9. hmmmm
&sclick
May 25, 2009 4:21 AM

Mar 2009
Awesome episode as always, but the whole "johnny" thing went bit over the board xD

May 25, 2009 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
DeathfireD said:
I'm interested in if He's really the supporter or not. So far every other member seems to think he is but he shows no signs of split personality so chances are he's no longer the supporter (assuming he was one at the start). This begs the question...who is the supporter now.

I don't know. There is a lot of fascinating theories regarding who Akira is but I can't buy the supporter theories right now. What happened in episode 1 just really throws things into a blender. In the first episode, Selecao I was watching Akira from afar and commenting on his uniqueness while lamenting his end (and at the time, I thought he was the supporter). Shortly after, Akira picked up the phone and his memories were wiped out. I see the supporter as someone behind the scenes... an observer who watches and judges from afar, not someone who's a go-getter game player.

I didn't really look at it too carefully to begin with (since we had yet to have any clue what the hell was going on) but the more I re-watch that sequence, the more it seems like Akira was aiming to kill Saki and someone stopped him by wiping out his memories. It doesn't seem like he intentionally deleted his own memories even though the charge was on his phone. He seemed surprised when he heard the coding through the phone. Maybe he was the supporter and Mr. Outside deemed his actions inappropriate for the role and wiped his memories? Maybe the supporter wiped his memories? Who knows.

It's too hard to read.

One thing I found interesting in this episode is how Juiz is not critiquing everything he does and hinting at things he shouldn't be doing. "Even if you abuse state power, I hope you continue to become an honest messiah", "I hope you become more economical"..etc. She wasn't doing this before and it doesn't seem like she does it with any of the past members. I wonder if it means anything.

Well, Selecao I did suggest in episode 1 that Juiz liked Akira. Juiz said she was disappointed when Akira was outside the white house and it looked like he was done for.
removed-userMay 25, 2009 6:22 AM
May 25, 2009 6:50 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode with nice ending. For a moment I thought they made it supernatural, but luckily not.
May 25, 2009 7:01 AM

May 2008
foezz said:
Room 1109- Selecao 11 and Selecao 9. hmmmm

i also noticed that! very original...

i' so curious about the waythis story wil end, i hope they don't leave the end to the movie.....
May 25, 2009 7:28 AM
Oct 2008
I was laughing through the entire last few minutes of this because of all the "Johhny's".
But I liked the episode anyway
Signature
May 25, 2009 7:57 AM

May 2008
cerulean18 said:
I find the last part a little hard to believe.. Even if it's a illusion show that Kuroha ordered, it's seemed too true to be an illusion.. Lol.

I like the part where Kuroha and Takizawa were checking up and stopping each other (arrest by traffic police, traffic accident, buy the whole hotel over and out-buying each other) with the help of Juiz. If Juiz were to know that 2 Selecao members were involved, I bet she'll be sitting there and enjoying the drama!

I guess most of us are not surprised that Takizawa is involved in the missile attacks, oh well. I wonder if No. 9 (Takizawa) is the Supporter, then will some other Selecao take over his role as a Supporter after he lost his memories (since he had no idea on that in the first place)? Is No. 1 the Supporter? I'm rather interested to see how No. 1 is involved in contributing/resulting No. 9 to go for a brainwashing program.

I thought Takizawa's Johnny was in danger when he fainted in Kuroha's arms and after Kuroha heard Saki's voice over his phone.. I guess not. Seriously, Takizawa is really good with women, isn't he? lol

So where is Ohsugi? An identity mix-up in the first place or did Kuroha really switched him for another guy?

nicely said ^^ exactly the same thoughts!
poor Oshugi thought :S
May 25, 2009 9:29 AM

May 2008
DeathfireD said:
She used his phone to buy the illusion thing. The total amount displayed for the illusion material (6,783,719,800) matches the total amount he has left over (found at the top of the phone). I suppose she used some of his money as a trade for him getting his friend back.

The amount she pays for the illusion film is only 28,000,000... to rent it. The other number is the total remaining money on No. 11's phone. ;)

Alexstratz said:
Speaking of which, I don't understand why Akira didn't just give Juiz the order to extract Ohsugi from the hotel to a safe place. If he wanted to meet Shiratori, he could've done that easily afterwards.

I know, wtf! When you have a phone that can do anything, you should just have it do that, not help you do it...

ArcticMech said:
Looked back at the end of episode 5. I don't think she ever brought back Ohsugi. There was another man looking at Ohsugi after he had stumbled out of the restaurant and dropped his bag. Kuroha was further away when we see her walking in their direction when the episode ended. The other guy could've easily taken the bag, the phone and whatever else Ohsugi had with him at the time. This would also explain why he didn't call his friends. Btw, Ohsugi was wearing a red tie that evening. The guy Kuroha had has a greyish tie on.

This also explains the surprised look she has when Akira calls him Ohsugi... she already knew that wasn't his name. Moreover, the hair and tie color of the guy at the end of 5 match the pitiful rapist guy... though he looks more like a foreigner in ep5.... but oh well. I guess we'll have to wait for the beginning of ep 8 to figure out what actually happened to him--pretty sure that the rapist is real, though, and that the mistaken identity is just circumstance (....or is that circumcise?). ;P

I am a banana.
May 25, 2009 12:39 PM

Aug 2008
I have no idea what the heck is going on and I love it.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
May 25, 2009 12:42 PM
May 2009
Was it that hard to just make her jump out the window? Or drown in a sea of Johnnies?
May 25, 2009 1:08 PM

May 2007
Holy shit, another amazing episode. Now I wonder where IS Oshugi, and how is Akira related to careless monday? Also, what is going to happen with Saki...?

Blue hair woman's wings were pretty kick ass. ;P

May 25, 2009 1:30 PM

May 2008
NoyaChan said:
Holy shit, another amazing episode. Now I wonder where IS Oshugi, and how is Akira related to careless monday? Also, what is going to happen with Saki...?

Remember how the Careless Monday missiles hit nearby the mall? ....and that he gathered 20,000 otaku into there for the purpose of improving the country?

It's pretty obvious that the missiles were going to take out the 20,000 otaku, but then he had a change of heart at the last minute and diverted the missiles... and dropped all the otaku in Dubai instead (or more likely somewhere in the Arabian Desert and they found their way to Dubai).

After all that, he erased his memory for unknown reasons and started over.

I am a banana.
May 25, 2009 1:57 PM

Oct 2007
I love this anime. I'm constant at the tip of my chair since you never know what will happen next. Juiz can do nearly everything by the looks of things.

The wings were freaking awesome by the way... O_o

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
May 25, 2009 2:17 PM
Dec 2008
Does anyone remotely remember that every Seleção's phone registers and displays every Seleção purchase?

The Hotel was bought once by Takizawa and the one who paid the special effects was the Johnnie girl.

Loving this right now 8D Really nice anime.
May 25, 2009 2:32 PM

Jul 2008
Unlike some people I really liked this episode.

Ok I'm not really for a super CG fight with magic but I really liked this exit, looked cool imo.
May 25, 2009 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
I thought Takizawa's Johnny was in danger when he fainted in Kuroha's arms and after Kuroha heard Saki's voice over his phone.. I guess not. Seriously, Takizawa is really good with women, isn't he? lol

So where is Ohsugi? An identity mix-up in the first place or did Kuroha really switched him for another guy?

I'd say, what a lady killer! First that American cop lady, then Saki, then the girl who wrote the 'Eden' program, Saki's other friend (tall one, I forget) and now the crazed Johnny Taker! Even I gave a bit of a crush on him and he's animated for Pete's sake!
May 25, 2009 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
Don't know why, but my earlier reply that included a quoted earlier post by somebody else did not seem that mark where the quote began and ended... Oh well?

Unlike a lot of people, I adored this episode! As wacky as this show is, I'm just kinda thankful I'm being taken to tag along for the ride! All the elements from this show makes it a winner: Story, characters, animation, music, sound, voice actors, etc. Just freaking fantastic. I've never watched anything like it before.

I fell in love with all the characters in the first episode, but Akira never stops to amaze and surprise me! His charismatic personality and easy-going manners (along with his lady-killing techniques) just contradicts so much with the ruthless acts he took apart of, it absolutely spellbinds me! And while I'm writing this, I'm also thinking that those acts absolutely fits his character, because nothing seems to phase him and he's incredibly spontaneous!

I personally love all the wtf moments of the show, from the naked first appearance to the wings and levitation in the 7th episode. The 'Johnny' reference that only seems to become more frequent as the show advances are just hilarious in my opinion. Why, of all the words that are used to call it, use an underused term like 'Johnny' to call that certain part of the male anatomy? I always thought the word 'Johnny' would have mostly been used by British people...

Random point: Anybody else thought it was funny when Saki's friend used the word 'Magnum' in reference to Akira's 'Johnny' in an earlier episode. Hehe.

I was a little irritated at Akira because of his all-too-eager attitude toward bedding Miss sexy 'Johnny Taker' because I'm a big sucker for the ominous Saki/Akira coupling. I have gotten to terms with it, however, and have forgiven Akira for his stray, because he's just that awesome of a character. Also, with the whole dramatic scene with Saki arriving almost in time to witness Akira in the arms of another woman, it only seems to push the idea of a romance between the two. I imagine Akira will have to answer to a few of Saki's questions in the next episode, and lets not forget that he's now naked in Saki's arm, after having passed out in the midst of kissing another woman... I wonder if he'll realize that the woman in his arms is not the same? Oooh... lol!

I'm such a sucker for romance!

Oh, other random point, did anybody else notice how wonderfully animated is the scene when Saki is waiting for the elevator to go up to the hotel suite where Akira is? Just delightful sequence!

Anywho!
May 25, 2009 4:35 PM

Jun 2007
saka said:
DeathfireD said:

The amount she pays for the illusion film is only 28,000,000... to rent it. The other number is the total remaining money on No. 11's phone. ;)

but his total went down after she bought it. Look at the time stamps.

@Brian333 - interesting point about him aiming the gun at saki. I wonder what his reason was for it or if he was aiming at something else.
May 25, 2009 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
All the "johnny" dialogue towards the end, was funny, though i am not sure if that was intentional.
May 25, 2009 6:59 PM
Aug 2007
Like everyone else I'm a bit thrown off by the illusion, but either way I hope that Ohsugi's safe somewhere or at least not getting his johnny threatened but hey that imagery alone is really disturbing. So is him stuck in an S&M suit, so either way if he has to die maybe make it a little more fast/clean?... ehhhh... don't know what to say :(
May 25, 2009 7:04 PM

May 2008
DeathfireD said:
saka said:
DeathfireD said:

but his total went down after she bought it. Look at the time stamps.

his total went down where, huh? he bought the hotel, I guess... but as discussed earlier, she bought it back. The shot at the end is showing her history on his phone.

not only that, but it looks like he made profit of almost 164 million, since she bought the hotel back for more than he paid.

I am a banana.
May 25, 2009 9:30 PM
Jan 2009
I think the three illusions were:

Levitation
Wings
Windows

and Oosugi was never in her possession.
May 26, 2009 2:14 AM

Dec 2007
Brian333 said:
DeathfireD said:

I don't know. There is a lot of fascinating theories regarding who Akira is but I can't buy the supporter theories right now. What happened in episode 1 just really throws things into a blender. In the first episode, Selecao I was watching Akira from afar and commenting on his uniqueness while lamenting his end (and at the time, I thought he was the supporter). Shortly after, Akira picked up the phone and his memories were wiped out. I see the supporter as someone behind the scenes... an observer who watches and judges from afar, not someone who's a go-getter game player.

I didn't really look at it too carefully to begin with (since we had yet to have any clue what the hell was going on) but the more I re-watch that sequence, the more it seems like Akira was aiming to kill Saki and someone stopped him by wiping out his memories. It doesn't seem like he intentionally deleted his own memories even though the charge was on his phone. He seemed surprised when he heard the coding through the phone. Maybe he was the supporter and Mr. Outside deemed his actions inappropriate for the role and wiped his memories? Maybe the supporter wiped his memories? Who knows.

It's too hard to read.

Lets say he was going to kill Saki and that he at first wanted to kill those 20k NEETs with careless monday, then it probably was because he knew Saki was essential to the eden program. Thus he knew abiut the Eden program and saw it as a problem to his plans to "purge" Japan from the NEET plague. or something like that perhaps? Saki is an ordinary person except for the fact that she is a core member in the Eden program, only reason to personally kill her would be cus of the program.

Anyway, anything could be true atm. I hope they get to explaining everything soon, cus there is much explanation to be done..
May 26, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2008
i thought it was a good episode until the end with the illusion stuff ... that was stupid
May 27, 2009 5:02 PM

Sep 2008
Super Illusion Material, three varieties
Wtf O_O
May 27, 2009 6:11 PM

Jan 2008
M_A said:
All the "johnny" dialogue towards the end, was funny, though i am not sure if that was intentional.

I loved the Johnny dialogue, hahahahah! "Do you hate Johnnies?" "Yeah." SO FUNNY! HAHAHA

Aaaand I loved the episode too, all the crazy ending just gets me more into it! (But I miss the movie connections...)
May 27, 2009 9:02 PM

May 2009
I also believe the masked person isn't Ohsugi. As stated the ties don't match up. Also I believe the rapist wanted to rape Saki , hence the rapist took Ohsugi's stuff so he can find Saki. If the three illusions are the wings, levitation, and windows, that rules out the rapist being an illusion. That's my logic anyways. Or you can just wait for the next episode :P Which will bring up even more questions.

May 27, 2009 10:56 PM

Feb 2008
Please tell me those last five minutes didn't happen...
And the show was doing such a good job, too. >_>
May 27, 2009 11:09 PM

May 2008
kanauru said:
Also I believe the rapist wanted to rape Saki , hence the rapist took Ohsugi's stuff so he can find Saki.

wow... that just seems really random to me. he would have had to have been following Saki since a lot earlier to even know they were related... plus I really don't think she's that attractive anyway... ;P

I am a banana.
May 28, 2009 6:33 AM

Jan 2008
Holy shit that was awesome.
May 28, 2009 9:02 AM

May 2008
The three illusions were either wings/ohsugi's face/levitation or wings/windows/levitation.

In the first case, I would be willing to assume that instead of sprouting wings and gracefully exiting, Kuroha actually grabbed Ohsugi and jumped through the window. In the second one, I'd go with the same speculation, except for the fact that Ohsugi either might not have been in her possession altogether or was replaced by someone at the last minute. Either way, I'm particularly interested in how exactly these illusions worked and what actually was happening in real time, while Saki was witnessing it/hallucinating.

Man, this was an extremely high-quality WTF episode. Incredible show.
May 28, 2009 7:29 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
aero said:
Holy shit that was awesome.

edit: also, i think it was still Oosugi under the mask. the illusion that she bought probably made his face appear as if it were a different face.
NaruleachMay 28, 2009 7:33 PM
p r o f i l e 👀
May 28, 2009 8:12 PM

Mar 2009
WTF.

This show keep surprising me, I think the ending has thrown alot of people off. Not sure where its heading. Juiz seems to have alot of power, things like making the Prime Minister say 'Uncle', the wheels literally falling off a lorry and jacknifing right infront of Akira and then the wings metamophisis at the end.

Hoping the end is going to tie up nicely.

Thumbs up.
See You Space Cowboy
May 29, 2009 4:16 AM

May 2009
Oh my God some people.

It's already SAID and PROVEN that between episodes 4 to 6, Ohsugi wore a red tie and the guy she took wore a green tie. It can be CLEARLY seen at episode 5. I mean, would she, a murderer who just cuts sausages without regard, be arsed enough to change a red tie with a green tie like an idiot? Wow, I mean, I can't even imagine her calling Juiz and saying "Juiz, I need you to change this rapist's (whom I do not care for at all, to the point that I'll be happy if he dies and gets his Johnny cut) tie from red to green, can you do it?" "Request accepted, Noblesse Oblige." That'd be so moronic that I would've lost all respect for her as someone who cares for her justice.

Unless an evident proof that Ohsugi could transform colours between situations or he changed tie (for no reason at all [in the middle of a drunk night]) when he (if ever) got kidnapped straight out from the show, you won't convince me (or more like I won't convince myself, since usually people would flame me saying WHO'S TRYING TO CONVINCE U LOL j0o N0OB!1!).

About the ending, I did go a bit wtf at the wings but not really surprised. I still loved it. I only felt a bit bad when he bought the whole hotel, which was a completely unnecessary thing as she said, he could've just told Juiz to lock the room or something like that or maybe he bought it thinking that she won't go to such extreme measures as re-buying it. I wonder where the money went. I mean he bought the hotel once, the money goes to the owner, she buys the hotel, the money should go to him but will it come in a physical form I wonder? If it does Eden would prosper with such money.

On the realism border, everything looked realistic other than the sprouting of the wings. I mean it looked too real to be an illusion. Sure the other things could have been done by a string (seeing as there was a helicopter outside, I think it broke the glass and pulled her out, although I dno how you can attach yourself to the helicopter if the glass hadn't been broken) but I really would've preferred it more if she just showed off the fake telekinesis power, shattered the glass and hopped on a helicopter instead of fly off like a wing-sprouting-telekinesis-inducing angel of Johnny death.

There'll probably be a Eden of the East II, almost definitely. It can never be wrapped up in just 4 episodes or else it'll have pacing so fast that there won't be any character development. 7 other Selecao numbers to introduce in just 4 episodes? Hell we even had number IX for 2 episodes so it'll be very unlikely for the show to introduce 1.75 Selecaos each episode to wrap it up. All in all, if next season will have like 11 episodes again, I think there will be 3 seasons of Higashi no Eden.

Also, on a side note, isn't it absolutely bizarre and outlandish when, in the car, they see the incident that happened only minutes ago. Even reporters need to write articles first before they publish that. I mean if you count the time you'll take connecting the camera USB to the computer (assuming that you're in a building near there and happen to photo it and also beside a computer), uploading it unto the internet and the time it took Mikuru to actually Google it and/or search it up in any news place (assuming she had fast internet connection that is), I really don't know how that happened unless news technology in 2010 is infinity times better than our technology for broadcasting news anywhere today.
reb3llistMay 29, 2009 4:25 AM
May 30, 2009 6:12 AM

May 2008

May 30, 2009 6:30 AM

Jan 2008
reb3llist said:

There'll probably be a Eden of the East II, almost definitely. It can never be wrapped up in just 4 episodes or else it'll have pacing so fast that there won't be any character development. 7 other Selecao numbers to introduce in just 4 episodes? Hell we even had number IX for 2 episodes so it'll be very unlikely for the show to introduce 1.75 Selecaos each episode to wrap it up. All in all, if next season will have like 11 episodes again, I think there will be 3 seasons of Higashi no Eden.

They'll most probably finish the story with the movie.

And the part when she grew wings, brix were almost shat. But lol, how can they pull off such stunts?
May 30, 2009 11:29 AM

Apr 2009
ntHai said:
But lol, how can they pull off such stunts?

With almost 300.000$ spent. :D
May 31, 2009 12:00 PM

Jul 2008
pretty good magic trick, but what the hell?! why spend the money on something like that? but at least it wasn't ohsugi she had, the other guy seems to be getting what he deserves
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 2, 2009 1:21 AM

Dec 2008
wow, that looked pretty cool
I'd never expected that she or anybody in this show had wings,ok with exception of the dog ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2009 1:59 AM

Aug 2008
Man that was a crazy illusion at the end.. crazy stuff a real wth moment for sure

Jun 2, 2009 7:11 AM

Aug 2008
EPIC WIN EPISODE!!!
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grapeofdeath - Jun 18, 2009

432 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 21, 2023 4:06 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.