Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2009 6:09 AM

Feb 2009
Already answered this question in 79.

I was more than ok with killing for money.
And the government currently pays for professional kills in Afghanistan.

The pay could be better though. But at least they provide the guns and the ammo.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 10, 2009 6:12 AM

Jun 2009
Sukunai said:
Already answered this question in 79.

I was more than ok with killing for money.
And the government currently pays for professional kills in Afghanistan.

The pay could be better though. But at least they provide the guns and the ammo.

but not the right body armor :/
you are a parasite that lives off others suffering. no i do not care what happend/happens to you.
Jul 10, 2009 6:47 AM

Mar 2008
No way, i would go to hell :(
Jul 10, 2009 7:06 AM

Feb 2005
HISTORY said:
but not the right body armor :/
The moment they start giving out power armour or cyborg bodies to soldiers, I'm right on it.

I'd very much like a career in the military had it not been for all the stress, but with a cyborg body, that would probably not be as much of a problem.
Jul 10, 2009 7:11 AM

Jul 2009
Baman said:
Bucket said:
I said "i'd kill YOU for a penny" as in you, Baman.
I'm sure the contract on your head isn't so big that they'd kill me for doing it cheap.

For everyone else my going rate is much higher.

:P :P :P :P
Thanks for the warning, I'll have my claymores and IED's prepared.

Remember the writing on the claymore means something. "Front towards enemy" means you should be facing it ;D

Jul 10, 2009 7:24 AM

Feb 2008
Honestly...it depends on how much money and who it is. The person does matter, if I'm going to kill someone, it would probably be much harder to actually make it look like an accedent than it would be to frame some one. So, I'd need to make sure this person has some one that hates him or has motive to kill him. Then, I'd work my way from there. Has to be out of state, less chance of leading back to me. I wouldn't use a gun, too loud and too messy. Then I'd have to get evidence leading to the person I'm framing.

So, in the end, I'd say, with all the work I'd have to do, no. I'm lazy and no ammount of money is worth me doing all that work.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Jul 10, 2009 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Yes.
Jul 10, 2009 7:47 AM

Dec 2008
Yes.
Jul 10, 2009 9:51 AM

Oct 2008
Dizzmaux said:
Yes.

Spice and Wolf II has started? :O?
Jul 10, 2009 12:21 PM

Jul 2008
No. And not because I'd feel guilty afterwards, I just don't think that would be right.
Jul 10, 2009 12:31 PM

Nov 2008
Jul 10, 2009 12:32 PM

Oct 2007
Somnia said:
no.
Jul 10, 2009 12:59 PM

Dec 2008
We all like to act a little badass in the cyber world, I mean, that's what it's for, right? If you're really capable of killing, you'd have done that by now. So each and everyone of you who said yes -but have yet to kill- are all gas headed suckers.

My answer to the question: no, I wouldn't.
Mine is better than yours.
Jul 10, 2009 1:14 PM

Dec 2008
^The circumstances are different. Everyone wants to rid the world of criminals and rapists. But none really think of shooting the next man with big muscles walking down the street, you know?

The original question simply asked if we'd be willing to kill someone -anyone- for money. A rapist, a criminal, or the consequences after killing are not mentioned in the question.

minsk said:
I think the real answer for most people is , what did the person do to deserve it and how much money?

Exactly that. And in that particular order too.
Jul 10, 2009 1:29 PM

Dec 2008
I see where you're coming from. My interpretation of the question was different to yours. I interpreted 'someone' as 'anyone'.

And yes, even the worst have that seed of self righteousness that prevents them from doing whatever bad they intend to do. Or so I believe.
Jul 10, 2009 1:46 PM

Jun 2008
I could easily kill someone for money..If the price is right and I can get away with it... 1 less human in this over populated world will not weigh heavily on my conscience..

D-GreatRuler said:
We all like to act a little badass in the cyber world, I mean, that's what it's for, right? If you're really capable of killing, you'd have done that by now. So each and everyone of you who said yes -but have yet to kill- are all gas headed suckers.

Saying that just because you are capable of doing it that means you'd have done it by now is stupid..That line of thinking could be applied to so many other scenarios to prove you wrong its almost funny... You have no grounds to spout off how everyones mind works
Jul 10, 2009 1:52 PM
Jan 2009
I would probably at least think twice about it. But there needs to be a guarantee that (1) I'll get a noteworthy amount of money, (2) the person I have to kill has done things or belongs to a group of people I do despise, (3) I will never get any punishment from our society or personal revenge from a relative. At best no one will even know that I did murder that person so that I can continue my life pretty much I used to, but of course with less worries about my finances.

But, in the end, it would be still questionable if I could do something like that. I've never killed a person and I can't remember when I seriously did hurt (or at least tried to hurt) someone. However, basically it's a common thing to kill each other in this world, there is pretty much only our society, it's laws and many religious influences preventing us to run amok. And a single life isn't worth much. Just look how many people starve in poor countries, who cares about them besides their relatives? Who cares about people committing suicide? What about people who died in the harsh conditions of the industrial revolution? Did anyone ever think about the natives Columbus did massacre? No - the world gives a damn about who kills who, only history marks some of them, we keep forgetting about these people as long as they aren't very important to our society. We do like to think high of ourselves, but the world won't cry much if we disappear all of a sudden.
31fasdfdyxJul 10, 2009 2:01 PM
Jul 10, 2009 1:55 PM

Dec 2008
LolitaComplex said:
You have no grounds to spout off how everyones mind works

I was 'spouting off' how I think everyone's mind works.
Jul 10, 2009 2:03 PM

Apr 2009
Serial killers, rapists, extortionists, etc. are people that are on the hate list, but they don't deserve to die, and basically no one does. The money would be blood money.
So no, I would kill for money because I think it's wrong, I would be equally guilty as the victim I killed if they were some criminal, and I wouldn't be able to live without feeling sinful and guilty for the rest of my life.

Obviously depending on certain life threatening situations, I would have to reconsider.
Jul 10, 2009 2:10 PM

Feb 2005
D-GreatRuler said:
Pretty much anyone is capable of killing, becoming a torturer or taking part in genocide for that matter. People can say "I would never do that" all they want, it does not matter, they would still end up doing it given the right circumstances.
The only "capability" one needs to kill is the capability to pull the trigger, flip the switch, strike with the blade and o on.
When it comes to killing for money as well, anyone could do that if the circumstance were the right one.

I also am puzzled by the way many say they would only kill people that "deserve" it. No one deserves anything really, death or life, that much should be obvious.
Jul 10, 2009 2:20 PM

Dec 2008
Baman said:
Pretty much anyone is capable of killing, becoming a torturer or taking part in genocide for that matter. People can say "I would never do that" all they want, it does not matter, they would still end up doing it given the right circumstances.

That's what I meant when I said the circumstances are different. The question asked by the thread maker was rather vague. That means that all our responses relied heavily on how we interpreted the question and the direction our thoughts took.

To kill, just being physically capable isn't all. One must be emotionally capable of pulling the trigger, flipping the switch, striking with the blade or whatever. This is where guilt and self righteousness comes in.
Jul 10, 2009 2:44 PM

Feb 2005
D-GreatRuler said:
To kill, just being physically capable isn't all. One must be emotionally capable of pulling the trigger, flipping the switch, striking with the blade or whatever. This is where guilt and self righteousness comes in.
Yes, but these other factors are not something people either have or haven't, they can be fostered or suddenly appear due to some situation, that's how I was thinking.
Jul 10, 2009 6:13 PM

Sep 2008
killings overrated id rather torture for money *laughs evily* but seriously no i wouldnt go that far for a couple of bucks
Jul 10, 2009 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
I'd kill someone for a klondike bar. Ideally, I'd be able to slip myself a benzo of some sort and still be able to kill the person. Tomorrow i'd have no recollection of what I did.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Jul 11, 2009 12:06 AM

May 2008
Only if the person really deserved it and there was a lot of money involved. Also depends on how "direct" the death is, in other words if I'm just pushing a button or if I'm handed a swiss army knife and expected to mutilate the shit out of him. Bin Laden for $1mil by pushing a button? yes plez.

Other than that, I can't see my mind being able to handle killing a person.
Jul 11, 2009 3:59 AM

Apr 2009
id kill for some well done Slayers figurines

not money
Jul 11, 2009 5:05 AM

Dec 2008
Rebella said:
Dizzmaux said:
Yes.

Spice and Wolf II has started? :O?

Indeed.
Jul 11, 2009 5:23 AM

Jul 2009
Well, I dont think I'd be able to kill for money.

I'd kill if some masochist stole my money >:]

My master pieces xP : http://qiubi.deviantart.com/

Jul 11, 2009 4:41 PM

Jun 2009
D-GreatRuler said:
Baman said:

That's what I meant when I said the circumstances are different. The question asked by the thread maker was rather vague. That means that all our responses relied heavily on how we interpreted the question and the direction our thoughts took.

My opinion on this has always been a little different; You are certainly correct that killing requires a mental readiness maybe even moreso than the physical readiness, however people are fickle, simple self centered creatures at the end of the day, and as long as they can determine some means of self justification (ie. I am in the right because ___) then they are already very close to being morally ready to commit murder. All it really requires is convincing you. Most people only base what they think is right or wrong on their specific situation, which is why there's no true overarching set of social rules you just follow.
And personally, I think (not to argue; your opinion is actually pretty valid, to me anyways. The internet offers an anonymity which pretty much destroys all credibility, when push comes to shove) this mindset that everyone on the internet is lying is more dangerous than taking everything seriously would be. Because for every hundred people in forum X who say they are going to kill ____ person(s), at the very least one of them is serious; they are simply abusing the fact that no one can really be credible for their statements on the internet. If we work from the mindset that no one is serious or capable, we overlook a very serious and fathomable possibility that who we're talking to actually WILL do it.
And finally to stay on track; I'd do it, because there's a price for anything (except suicide. because then you can't really collect).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 11, 2009 4:49 PM
May 2009
yup.. :D if im that poor. im gonna kill "HIM" - my fugly friend who has tons of it.
Jul 11, 2009 4:51 PM

Apr 2009
Well... > w>
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Jul 12, 2009 1:12 PM

Oct 2008
It's nice to see that most people have their killing priorities in order.

Jul 12, 2009 1:13 PM

Apr 2008
No.
It's against my morale.
Jul 12, 2009 1:29 PM
Aug 2008
Not for money, no.
Jul 12, 2009 2:19 PM

Jan 2009
no.

money is overrated.
Jul 12, 2009 2:29 PM

Mar 2009
If it was necessary at the time and extra points if it wouldn't effect me negatively.

I'd have to be in the situation though to properly make that decision. It is just too easy to say yes to something like this when you aren't immersed in it
UhmhihelloJul 12, 2009 2:34 PM
Jul 12, 2009 2:47 PM

Feb 2008
fusilero said:
Not for money, no.

This implies you'd do it for something else...What might that be? xD
alcurad said:
no.

money is overrated.

Tell the world that.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."
Jul 12, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
Hmmmm if killing someone meant being able to live the life I want, have my dream job and live in some awesome mansion.......................I would tell myself no but.........

Ok I'm sorta freaked out, I feel like I can't feel anything in me telling me it's wrong.....something must be wrong with me.....

Ah, well, maybe If I was at the point where I was holding the gun up to someone's head, I'd feel it, so I can't really honestly answer for now.

*note*, that "for now" doesn't mean I'm planning on doing something like that lol.....

Jul 12, 2009 3:11 PM

May 2008
I don't think so... but who knows.

Jul 12, 2009 10:59 PM

Sep 2008
Roxkis said:
I'd do it. If I had the skill and be able to get away with it. You'd be surprised how fast one can get use to guilt

Jul 12, 2009 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
I wouldn't kill anyone or anything for money because I would be tainted, and I don't wanna be. Also, the feeling of guilt is horrible. :S
Jul 12, 2009 11:47 PM

Apr 2009
No.
Jul 23, 2009 9:27 PM

Mar 2009
Unhallowed said:
Only if the persons a rapist or something. Haha
Jul 25, 2009 2:19 PM

Feb 2009
For a large enough amount of money, sure. Still would depend on who I have to kill, though.
Jul 25, 2009 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
No.

Jul 25, 2009 3:43 PM
Apr 2009
Embah said:
I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt, even if it was a horrible person.
Jul 25, 2009 3:56 PM

Apr 2009
If no arrest, why not?
but it depends on the amount of money.
Human life isn't that cheap :)
I respect them :P

[ or maybe I wouldn't hesitate killing a politician or
wealthy businessman - I am anarchist.]

kiddin :)
or not?
Jul 25, 2009 4:47 PM

Apr 2008
no DX

tied to the darkness...
soon to be completely eclipsed.
c h a r i s m a g i c
click here for a DARAGON fanfiction!
Jul 25, 2009 6:17 PM

Jan 2009
Yeh sure why not, were all gonna die anyways so just quicken up the pace for others while earning a bit of money yourself. Can i live with the guilt? never know till i try.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Jul 25, 2009 10:15 PM

Nov 2008
yes and only if, and i mean IF there was enough money left over after i had to pay the government to not look into the murder and if i had been possessed
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.