Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 22, 2009 4:56 AM
Apr 2009
Anyone that has read the manga Vagabond, knows how amazing it is. if you havent read it and love great animation, story, characters and fighting then get it.

Why though hasnt the manga been made into an anime in the form of an OAV? Its to violent for a TV series, but an OAV would be great. We constantly get animes based on video games, cards, or just ones based on poor manga, why not the reverse?

Your opinions!!!
Apr 22, 2009 4:58 AM

Jan 2008
They'd only fuck it up. Fuck anime, really. I've had enough. Most of the quality stories are in manga form, greedy and stupid producers just molest the stories until they're barely recognisable.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Apr 22, 2009 5:21 AM

Nov 2008
I think Vagabond isn't suited to become an anime. Maybe if the studio that wishes to make it is willing to spend all resources and time to produce something that remains true to the quality of the manga.
Eo tempore, cum tibi occuri,
Mihi vita laeta fuit,
Cum autem te nusquam conspexi,
Eo tempore mortem cognovi
Apr 22, 2009 6:31 AM
Apr 2009
I would agree the studio would have to spend the money and use all of the resources to not skim on it. It would have to be on par with the likes of Fullmetal Alchemist of the Ghost in the Shell series ini terms of production value. It would be great to see such an amazing manga come to life, only if done right. The developer of the manga did the book Musashi justice with Vagabond.
Apr 22, 2009 7:00 AM
Jul 2018
God have mercy on our souls if Vagabond is adapted into an anime. I'm just waiting for some announcement and then the inevitable moment of despair when the studio that's in charge is announced (like what happened with Blade of the Immortal and Bee Train... *shudders*)

The art would be massacred by the general animation style since Vagabond is drawn with such emphasis on texture, the line, the stroke and has such strong ties to the actual tools of the mangaka craft. The subtlety and more conceptual aspects of the story or the principles behind the sword would also be lost unless we're dealing with a superb story teller.

They should really just leave mangas of that sort the fuck alone unless a top of the line studio and crew is willing to drop a ton of money all while keeping it an OVA.

And the truth is, with the way the industry is a working business, that'll never happen.
Oct 15, 2016 3:44 PM
Apr 2015
If they re going to adapt it the way they did and doing with Berserk .. no thanks !
Oct 15, 2016 3:56 PM

Feb 2016
I agree with Brian333 and the others, it isnt realistically possible.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Oct 15, 2016 3:57 PM

Nov 2013
Beatnik said:
They'd only fuck it up. Fuck anime, really. I've had enough. Most of the quality stories are in manga form, greedy and stupid producers just molest the stories until they're barely recognisable.

Manga is just a sketch of anime. Most of the quality stories are in novel form.
jrsenkbe said:
Anyone that has read the manga Vagabond, knows how amazing it is. if you havent read it and love great animation, story, characters and fighting then get it.

Why though hasnt the manga been made into an anime in the form of an OAV? Its to violent for a TV series, but an OAV would be great. We constantly get animes based on video games, cards, or just ones based on poor manga, why not the reverse?

Your opinions!!!

There's no excuse at all not to make an anime of Vagabond. If Drifters is not too violent for a TV series, then I don't see why Vagabond should be.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Oct 15, 2016 3:59 PM

Jun 2011
nice necro lol

OT: only if production ig is making it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 15, 2016 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
@VariFox okay this even even funny anymore this is the 5th one today, the fuck?

also 2009? fuuuuuuuuck

oh and sorry Vari for the notifications XD but I am triggered and I need to let my anger out.

OT: never read it, I don't care
Oct 15, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2016
Darek said:
@VariFox okay this even even funny anymore this is the 5th one today, the fuck?

also 2009? fuuuuuuuuck

oh and sorry Vari for the notifications XD but I am triggered and I need to let my anger out.

OT: never read it, I don't care

Legitimately though, these necro'ed threads are getting out of hand. Let a sleeping dog sleep for crying out loud.
Oct 15, 2016 6:52 PM

Aug 2014
I actually think Vagabond is decently adaptable in comparison to a lot of other works; the issue is the art style and length though. they have to cut and paste a bunch to make the story work out within an acceptable time scheme. As for the art, they'd have to simplify that a lot, and the anime might lose some power due to that.

The story itself is well-suited for adaptation, so it's not like I disagree, but no studios would get a decent budget for this
Oct 15, 2016 10:29 PM

May 2015
I think it would be better to wait for the manga to end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2016 11:04 PM

May 2015
Nah, it wont work. You must whip poor animators to death if you want to make detailed imagery like Takehiko Inoue did on page per page. Unless, studio want to burn an entire 1 cour anime money into one episode. Well maybe we can. Vagabond manga strongest point is the drawing.

Just look at this. How can studio draw this in weekly basis.

Oct 15, 2016 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
It'd never live up to anyone's unrealistic expectations.
Oct 16, 2016 8:12 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved

Thread moved to the Vagabond board.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 327 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Interstice - May 24, 2015

105 by wafflegir »»
Apr 16, 8:50 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 2 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jan 15, 2012

16 by Goongalar »»
Apr 13, 4:53 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 59 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Nov 28, 2013

13 by dantehasdantedme »»
Apr 12, 11:54 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 322 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Jan 19, 2014

37 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Vagabond Chapter 315 Discussion

Raikoye - May 25, 2013

13 by astoneon »»
Apr 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.