Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Dec 28, 2021 4:51 PM

Aug 2019
Why the fuck would Lelouch use “kill all japanese” as an example for his power?

The writing in this show is getting messy..
Feb 24, 2022 9:39 PM

Dec 2019
Easily the best episode so far episode was nuts lol
Mar 5, 2022 9:17 AM

Aug 2018
Damn didn't expect things to go this bad for the Japanese people, its a genocide on spot to say the least
Apr 8, 2022 2:34 AM
Jul 2020
This ep is actually depressing. Lelouch fked up big time man. I mean the timing was pretty much 'to progress the plot' but still, but I do hope they did it properly though BUT still a 10/10 episode
Apr 16, 2022 11:11 PM

Jul 2017
wow what an episode that was ! it was all going so well and boom a twist, i feel bad for Lelouch and the Japanese people that have died. i don't know how this is going to end and also what is Suzaku going to do now that Euphy fucked it all up under the Geass's influence.
May 2, 2022 1:18 PM

Jun 2020
another addition to the long list of britannian war crimes, ive lost count
Jul 24, 2022 11:01 PM

Oct 2021
This episode took an insane midway. I feel sad as this is the First time we saw Lelouch crying. can't blame Euphy tho...
Aug 13, 2022 7:26 AM
Nov 2020
This episode got me well. Holy fk
Aug 16, 2022 12:14 PM
Feb 2022
Euphy died because of a fucking Joke, it's hilarious and sad at the same time.

That plot twist a.k.a the Joke is funny and somewhat dumb while also being very random, well at least to me.
Aug 21, 2022 4:25 PM

Dec 2020
This is easily one of the best episodes so far.
Aug 28, 2022 1:11 PM
Mar 2017
Nooo I liked euphyni
Sep 12, 2022 1:20 PM
Oct 2017
No! No! NOOOOOOOOOO!

There was already enough tension for the show! It had already enough conflict to be good! Stuff you can do with it! Reveal Zero's identity to Kallen, then to Suzaku, then to the Black Knight, to the nation, to Nunally, also getting revenge and punishing the Britanian king, there was already enough tragedy with the people who had already died, Clovis, Shirley's dad and now you decide to make one of the purest characters a mind controlled mass killer to the mix?

Like does anybody remember that CBS show Hostages that got cancelled after one season? It was a similar situation to this, they had a good conflict, a family is hostage and shit, but then they started to add stuff to increase the conflict more and more like the kidnappers helping the family in their family situations as they live a normal life but are still hostages, do you get what I am getting at? It would have been fine if they had simply stick to the hostage situation living normal lives on top of that rather than adding even more family drama to the mix, because honestly this is just ridiculous.

Not to mention:
>Lelouch just happens to use the specific phrase kill all the Japanese, as a joke
>His geass just happens to go into uncontrollable mode then and there
>Euphie just happens to be looking at him ad he says that
>There just happens to be an arena full of Japanese right outside

This was super contrived. There's logical flow to actions and consequences and then there's things that happen for the sake of plot.

This is stupid, they ruined the show. Making Geass permanent is a brilliant idea to increase the tension, but you shouldn't increase the tension by THIS FUCKING MUCH, a genocide caused by a simple slip of the mouth? A mistake? That was so arbitrary and stupid. I can't believe both the protagonist and the show runners could commit the worst mistake of their lives in the same episode.

This anime had a great concept and they ruined it, they totally ruined it.
PhixiatelySep 12, 2022 7:46 PM
Sep 12, 2022 1:22 PM
Oct 2017
I rather take "this episode was all a dream" than this, I hate this, I hate all of this.
Sep 17, 2022 10:04 AM

Jul 2020
Phixiately said:
No! No! NOOOOOOOOOO!

There was already enough tension for the show! It had already enough conflict to be good! Stuff you can do with it! Reveal Zero's identity to Kallen, then to Suzaku, then to the Black Knight, to the nation, to Nunally, also getting revenge and punishing the Britanian king, there was already enough tragedy with the people who had already died, Clovis, Shirley's dad and now you decide to make one of the purest characters a mind controlled mass killer to the mix?

Like does anybody remember that CBS show Hostages that got cancelled after one season? It was a similar situation to this, they had a good conflict, a family is hostage and shit, but then they started to add stuff to increase the conflict more and more like the kidnappers helping the family in their family situations as they live a normal life but are still hostages, do you get what I am getting at? It would have been fine if they had simply stick to the hostage situation living normal lives on top of that rather than adding even more family drama to the mix, because honestly this is just ridiculous.

Not to mention:
>Lelouch just happens to use the specific phrase kill all the Japanese, as a joke
>His geass just happens to go into uncontrollable mode then and there
>Euphie just happens to be looking at him ad he says that
>There just happens to be an arena full of Japanese right outside

This was super contrived. There's logical flow to actions and consequences and then there's things that happen for the sake of plot.

This is stupid, they ruined the show. Making Geass permanent is a brilliant idea to increase the tension, but you shouldn't increase the tension by THIS FUCKING MUCH, a genocide caused by a simple slip of the mouth? A mistake? That was so arbitrary and stupid. I can't believe both the protagonist and the show runners could commit the worst mistake of their lives in the same episode.

This anime had a great concept and they ruined it, they totally ruined it.

Sadly it can't be undone, not at this point. You said exactly what I had in mind too, it just happens to activate exactly the moment he sais "kill all Japanese" and none of the previous things he said. This is bulls*it writing.

It changes my whole view of the show, from a 9/10 to maybe a 5/10. I would just drop it, but it's not my policy to drop any anime.
Sep 24, 2022 11:38 AM
Aug 2022
lelouch messed up real time
Nov 7, 2022 10:31 AM
Jun 2020
Bro... WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Nov 21, 2022 11:03 AM

Dec 2018
I'm late on this train but omfg this episode was really something. Ill never recover after watching this
Dec 5, 2022 6:27 PM
Sep 2022
first timer here, subbed

WHAT THE FUUCCCKKKKK
Dec 16, 2022 11:34 PM
Feb 2020
This is the best and worst episode, I cant even put into words how sad this makes me.

I so desperately wanted a happy ending :((((( IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO NICE
Dec 17, 2022 3:19 AM

Nov 2022
Almost my favorite episode

I remember when I watched 1st time I really started to like Code Geass from this one on.

Jasev said:

He did not used in on purpose. It was a misfire.

Remember that Mao cannot stop his Geass from functioning, he hears all other peoples' thoughts whether he likes it or not. Lelouch was concerned back then if he will become like that as well.

It happened in this episode, accidently at such a sticky moment, his became unstoppable like that of Mao. Now he has to look away to prevent his Geass from affecting people.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 17, 2022 1:20 PM

Aug 2019
ThorLL said:

I remember when I watched 1st time I really started to like Code Geass from this one on.

Jasev said:

Remember that Mao cannot stop his Geass from functioning, he hears all other peoples' thoughts whether he likes it or not. Lelouch was concerned back then if he will become like that as well.

It happened in this episode, accidently at such a sticky moment, his became unstoppable like that of Mao. Now he has to look away to prevent his Geass from affecting people.

I know it was a mistake, it’s just odd that out of anything he could’ve said, the example he chose to explain his power was “kill all Japanese.”

Realistically someone would say “I could make you do a cartwheel or a backflip.” Not “I could make you commit genocide lol.”

The problem is that the writers wrote themselves into a corner so they made Lelouch say something so dumb and unrealistic in order to progress the plot.
Dec 17, 2022 3:39 PM

Nov 2022
Jasev said:
ThorLL said:

I know it was a mistake, it’s just odd that out of anything he could’ve said, the example he chose to explain his power was “kill all Japanese.”

Realistically someone would say “I could make you do a cartwheel or a backflip.” Not “I could make you commit genocide lol.”

The problem is that the writers wrote themselves into a corner so they made Lelouch say something so dumb and unrealistic in order to progress the plot.

There are more stupid ways to progress the plot in almost every other anime.

Lelouch had not time to think of anything more creative. In his place you would not be thinking that Geass could just activate on its own at that particular moment of all the possible times it could just go rouge. Even if you know it could, it is just not the time to think about something like that.

He said it as an offmark example, never intending her to follow these orders, but Geass just had its own opinion on that.

Before this moment his eye will turn Geass when he want to use the power and then get back to being normal when he does not want to use it. After that Geass just stayed permanently active in the left eye. It no longer disappear from the eye like before. It means from that moment on anything he says casually while looking someone in the eyes with his left eye would become a Geass order. There is no longer a choice on whether to use is or not.

He got contact lenses in season 2 to get around this problem.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 26, 2022 6:28 AM
Dec 2020
Lelouch being dumb bitch in this episode
Jan 9, 2023 5:43 PM
Dec 2021
i started to feel like the past few episodes were getting boring but ahaahgs what the fuck lmao i love the chaos, lelouch is definitely one of my favorite charaters already
Feb 25, 2023 2:47 AM

Nov 2022
he just like mau :(

Mar 8, 2023 6:39 AM
Feb 2019
This episode is really shocking....
Apr 10, 2023 8:12 AM

Jul 2022
OMFG! No matter where you look at this situation, there is no solution for this problem. Euphemia's decision to rebuild Japan seemed ridiculous to me but it convinced me in a certain way, that now this massacre the only solution I see is to kill Euphemia...
May 21, 2023 12:20 AM
May 2017
I didn't knew Geass could go berserk. I thought they are by nature controllable or uncontrollable.
May 26, 2023 12:34 AM
Apr 2022
what the fuck just happened
Jun 18, 2023 6:48 PM

Sep 2020
Brah ! Now I understand why people compare Attack on Titan with Code geass. This episode was wild.
Jun 29, 2023 8:39 AM
Feb 2020
was not expecting that..
Aug 6, 2023 8:02 PM
Dec 2009
The best outcome for Zero was to have Euphy kill the Japanese people in the stadium, and it seems the writers knew that but didn't want to paint Lelouch as a bad guy, and had to come up with some of the most contrived and silly justification for it.

Unless they actually do something with the plot point of "Geass always active" going forward, this was a sorry excuse to rob the main character of having to make a difficult choice. Then again, they don't need to explore the plot point at all, since Lelouch can just use sunglasses and not worry about any of it. This anime is entertaining, but I can't say it's particularly well-written. 
Sep 2, 2023 8:49 PM
Jul 2020
Creo que Euphie morirá, no me la imagino cargando con lo que hizo. Pensar que justo el Gueass fallaría, hay que ver como va todo esto en los siguientes episodios
Sep 11, 2023 1:33 PM
Aug 2023
i got literal goosebumps. definitely the best episode so far. i can't imagine the pain that yummi will feel, if she will be still alive once the effect stops (probably she will be killed though). but damn..
Sep 15, 2023 1:58 PM
Dec 2018
This episode was fucking hilarious, the ultimate facepalm.
Nov 18, 2023 7:58 AM
Oct 2023
So Lelouch lost control over his Geass, very interesting, I wonder what will happen next
Dec 27, 2023 10:12 AM
Sep 2016
This just became the dumbest shit I've ever seen.
Jan 1, 7:09 PM
Apr 2021
Este capitulo si que marca un antes y un despues en el anime ya que por un pequeño error lo que pudo haber terminado de de una manera pacifica y donde todos ganaban fue destruido en un segundo solo por una frase y un descuido
Jan 1, 7:15 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to protoman96
how can you hate love?
@protoman96 aun sigues activo?
Jan 19, 6:14 AM

Sep 2017
Well finally we come to the wtf barrier.

Ledouche shouldnt have been so smug when talking about his geass.

he just goin deeper and deeper into bs by using euphy and tryin to kill her instead of owning up.

also fuckin cc, tryin to talk to suzaku instead of staying inside.

schniezel well, this is what happens. it was nice to see his dumbfounded expression.

Words are tougher than weapons.

But still it is not like the britannians were better at this shit, they were too ok with killing people within the zone just like that. honestly not happy with brittanian empire either.

And i dont like ohgi for being too selfish for his want about SEZ.

This was highlight.

next episode recap looks nice.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Feb 17, 5:10 AM

Nov 2019
Lelouch messed up on a colossal scale. How do you come back from this? I would have knocked Euphemia out, Geass the guards to let the Japanese people go, then make her snap out of it. Maybe double Geass.
Dante9231Feb 17, 5:36 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chilli-Kun - Apr 11, 2008

276 by CobraNotKatsura »»
Apr 23, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babykeiji - Feb 22, 2008

122 by shakinfuture2 »»
Apr 11, 4:51 AM

» Code Geass is an omnipandering anime ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Feb 3

69 by AnimSr »»
Mar 31, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Feb 18, 2007

142 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 3:39 AM

Poll: » Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Crystal - Feb 7, 2007

175 by Ja_LYMPIK »»
Mar 17, 2:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.