Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2009 9:03 PM

Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
this episode made me somewhat sad, but altogether i liked it.
Aug 13, 2009 11:21 AM

Apr 2009
Damnit that Riko, is she dense or sth? She just saw her mother turn into a monster an episode ago... and no questions, no nothing...
Well that said the ending of the episode with the photographs had very dramatic undertones, with Masane's impending death and stuff...
Dec 3, 2009 9:21 PM

Sep 2007
Alas86 said:
Damnit that Riko, is she dense or sth? She just saw her mother turn into a monster an episode ago... and no questions, no nothing...
Well that said the ending of the episode with the photographs had very dramatic undertones, with Masane's impending death and stuff...

I don't even want Riko asking questions anymore. Screw natural logic. I remember at the start of the series I was so mad at Masane. I mean she has this random weapon attached to her and is told to fight. But all she thinks is, "Dang, I'm getting money." I mean on some level anyone would freak out right? But she's just like, "OH OK!" Then now when we actually see her practically trying to rip her arm off to get the thing off I was so sad I just wanted her to go back to her stupid smiley self.
Dec 6, 2010 5:47 PM
Feb 2009
That Wado is all stress and rage. He looks like he's going to suffer now that he's in charge of the weapons division of Doji.

The last minutes of the episode really started to make me feel down. Masane knew damn well this was going to be her last few moments of happiness before shit starts going down. And that was after she freaked out and desperately tried to get rid of the Witchblade. Any hopes of happy ending have been chucked overboard just now. Man, that was pretty much the most moving scene of the series...

Winter said:
I don't even want Riko asking questions anymore. Screw natural logic. I remember at the start of the series I was so mad at Masane. I mean she has this random weapon attached to her and is told to fight. But all she thinks is, "Dang, I'm getting money." I mean on some level anyone would freak out right? But she's just like, "OH OK!" Then now when we actually see her practically trying to rip her arm off to get the thing off I was so sad I just wanted her to go back to her stupid smiley self.
She wasn't really like "lol fine". She was more like "whelp, I'm fucking broke, it's better than nothing".
Jan 9, 2011 1:07 PM

Jun 2008
This episode confirms that the ending won't be full of happy tears but just tears. The scene where she made the expression to the reporter about taking photos and he understood her and they took those photos was so nice. His eyes were getting wet for a moment but he managed to keep the tears inside.
I still don't get why they can't just cut her arm a little above the place the witchblade is on.
Jan 30, 2011 5:13 PM

Dec 2008
This was a really sad episode...
Jun 20, 2011 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
A great but sad episode. I felt so bad watching Masane trying to destroy the Witchblade or get it off in any way she could think of... You can understand why Tozara was getting all teary-eyed. It was also clear that, when he got back, Masane knew that he knew about her fate and the Witchblade.

Da_Nuke said:

Winter said:
She wasn't really like "lol fine". She was more like "whelp, I'm fucking broke, it's better than nothing".

That's how I tried to think of it - Masane's response, I mean - when I questioned the supposed ease with which she took on her position as the wielder of the Witchblade...

I know Takayama's busy doing all he can to help Masane, and has to be far away for that, but I wish he could have been in those photos with the gang and Masane and Riko. D:
Aug 31, 2011 4:06 PM

Aug 2011
You probably can't cut her arm off because the witchblade's defense would probably activate and stop it from causing any harm to it.
Sep 1, 2013 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
All this talk of plot holes in this show, I noticed in the beginning of the episode in the hospital she was like riko could you go wait in the car. And I was like what car, seeing as how it had the roof torn to shreds and all. But they drive off in the same one 100% mint condition lol.

But nonetheless the show still is enjoyable.
Jan 29, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2012
Quite an interesting episode with proper development, the end is in sight!
Mar 12, 2019 6:23 PM

Nov 2016
What a depressing episode. I hope for some kind of miracle to occur.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2020 2:29 AM

Jul 2017
Well, damn. Things got tragic fast. This episode was depressing to watch.

Jun 19, 2022 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm will she actually die in the end? Or will it somehow be prevented? I actually don't know.
Jun 1, 2023 2:34 PM
May 2023
I just can't stick with it. It's just so predictable.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 13 Discussion

enkil - Apr 2, 2009

16 by Inexplicable »»
Nov 30, 2023 8:45 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 16 Discussion

enkil - Apr 3, 2009

11 by alexanderkershaw »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:57 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

XContriveX - Jul 19, 2008

76 by Gator »»
Jun 20, 2022 12:20 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 23 Discussion

enkil - Apr 7, 2009

8 by Gator »»
Jun 20, 2022 12:14 AM

Poll: » Witchblade Episode 22 Discussion

enkil - Apr 6, 2009

10 by Gator »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.