Forum Settings
Forums

New uploaded pictures not changing or switching back? (Profile picture, avatar, etc.)

New
Pages (37) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2013 4:47 PM

Dec 2011
Introverturtled said:
melodyofd_d said:
i can't upload signature picture.. i had one before and i wanted to change it.. and every time instead of the picture url shows up..

width is 400px and height is 150px..
KB size is 106..

everything follows forum rules..

oh thank you..
Sep 2, 2013 4:56 PM

May 2013
I went to upload an picture and when I click the upload picture it ereases the picture I'm gonna upload before I can even upload it
Sep 16, 2013 4:47 AM
Sep 2009
I'm trying to change my avatar and lists wallpaper and... Error 500, again!!!

Introverturtled said:
So what are you trying to change it to? A png or jpg should go though, but it will take you a while to be able to change to another gif.

I've submitted an PNG to try and it did not work.
Sep 20, 2013 4:03 AM

Jul 2013
kuuurt said:
MAL saved an avatar for each of the file types. Now I can't upload a new one with a transparent background. Being a MAL user is suffering.

When will this get fixed goddamnit

Yeah, same here. I think I'll just wait it out; I uploaded a 75x75 gif, made some modifications to it then tried to upload it again, don't have any spare file types that I haven't used either.
MinagatachiSep 20, 2013 8:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 2012
Until today when I got on MAL on another computer, I had thought my avatar was Simon from Gurren Lagann. I was wrong. And neither what I have right now and Simon are what my avatar is supposed to be. Its supposed to be Link from The Legend of Zelda. Every once and a while my avatar switches to something else, sometimes without my knowledge. Its annoying.

Please help.
Sep 25, 2013 7:25 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
Until today when I got on MAL on another computer, I had thought my avatar was Simon from Gurren Lagann. I was wrong. And neither what I have right now and Simon are what my avatar is supposed to be. Its supposed to be Link from The Legend of Zelda. Every once and a while my avatar switches to something else, sometimes without my knowledge. Its annoying.

Please help.
We've already had a conversation about this pages back. It's probably because your Link avatar and your Simon avatar are of the same extension. It often changes based on the computer or whatever as to what you see. Try changing whatever pic you want to have as your avatar to png or gif, MAKE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PIC, the quality, whether you really want it, etc because it will take a while to change it again. But it only changes pics to ones that are of the same extension, so if you haven't used a png or gif in a while it shouldn't show any other pic and won't go to your simon or link jpg ones since they are of a different extension.
Sep 25, 2013 9:27 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:

Please help.
We've already had a conversation about this pages back. It's probably because your Link avatar and your Simon avatar are of the same extension. It often changes based on the computer or whatever as to what you see. Try changing whatever pic you want to have as your avatar to png or gif, MAKE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PIC, the quality, whether you really want it, etc because it will take a while to change it again. But it only changes pics to ones that are of the same extension, so if you haven't used a png or gif in a while it shouldn't show any other pic and won't go to your simon or link jpg ones since they are of a different extension.

All right. Thanks. I had trouble in part because even after changing file extension it didnt work sometimes, though I guess its because I didn't wait long enough to switch. I guess I'll try and be patient whenever I change my avatar. And I'll be sure to make sure I'm okay with using the pic before uploading it.
Sep 25, 2013 9:39 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
All right. Thanks. I had trouble in part because even after changing file extension it didnt work sometimes, though I guess its because I didn't wait long enough to switch. I guess I'll try and be patient whenever I change my avatar. And I'll be sure to make sure I'm okay with using the pic before uploading it.
No problem. Well yeah that's the thing, you can't keep on changing the extension, eventually that extension becomes like the other one, gifs are the worst.
Oct 3, 2013 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
Oct 3, 2013 11:18 AM

Nov 2010
Simon, I've seen you as this for weeks.
Oct 3, 2013 11:19 AM
Aug 2011
Battlechili1 said:
What's my avatar right now?

Balls of zeus.
Oct 3, 2013 1:00 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Simon, I've seen you as this for weeks.

Thanks.
I was worried. Earlier I went on MAL on another computer and it looked like something else.
Oct 3, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2011
I can't change avatar to forums, already wait like hour and more.
Image is fit to MyAnimeList forum rules and it's PNG.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 3, 2013 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
Gaichi said:
IntroverTurtle said:
It's probably because it's the same extension your current pic is. Have you tried changing the extension? There's gif, png, and jpg, change it to one that the pic you're tying to upload isn't and one you haven't used in a while and it should change right away.
Oct 3, 2013 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
Now changed to JPG, avatar still not working.
I see blank spot on my avatar spot, it does not load image correctly.

Oct 3, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2010
There's always gif. Anyways your pic has changed to this for me.
Oct 3, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
There's always gif. Anyways your pic has changed to this for me.

Yeah, but I would like to see it too xD

Oct 3, 2013 4:09 PM

Nov 2010
Have you hard refreshed? Hold ctrl and press f5 a couple of times.
Oct 4, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2013
Yeah i'm having some problems. It seems like it's almost impossible to change my profile picture. No matter if it's a gif, png or jpg. All I get is that tiny little box no matter what picture I try to upload. And with my avatar, if I try to upload something else it just reverts back to previous avatars.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 6:17 PM

Nov 2010
LevailRenn said:
Yeah i'm having some problems. It seems like it's almost impossible to change my profile picture. No matter if it's a gif, png or jpg. All I get is that tiny little box no matter what picture I try to upload. And with my avatar, if I try to upload something else it just reverts back to previous avatars.
For your profile picture. Are you wanting it to look like this? If so, then go to your profile and hold ctrl and press f5, you might have to do that a couple of times.

For your avatar problem. Have you done what you did to your profile pic?
IntroverTurtle said:
It's probably because it's the same extension your current pic is. Have you tried changing the extension? There's gif, png, and jpg, change it to one that the pic you're tying to upload isn't and one you haven't used in a while and it should change right away.
Oct 4, 2013 6:28 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
For your profile picture. Are you wanting it to look like this? If so, then go to your profile and hold ctrl and press f5, you might have to do that a couple of times.

Yeah that's what i'd like it too look like. I've been hard refreshing for awhile now and still got nothing. But at least someone can see it.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2010
Well to see it I just took your image url.

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/userimages/2427889.jpg

Deleted cdn., and then you can see what it's really supposed to be. Cdn is connected to the database or server or whatever. But when the server is lagging you still see the old one, take away the cdn and you can see what it's supposed to actually be.

With your avatar it's the same. http://myanimelist.net/images/useravatars/2427889.png

There's a couple of things you can do now. One, time might be the issue, waiting for a little while and it might change on it's own or then hard refreshing might work. Changing the file size lower might help, try different extensions and then hard refresh. Idk, have you been hard refreshing after changing your profile pic's extension and letting it sit for 10 or so minutes?
Oct 4, 2013 6:38 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Well to see it I just took your image url.

http://cdn.myanimelist.net/images/userimages/2427889.jpg

Deleted cdn., and then you can see what it's really supposed to be. Cdn is connected to the database or server or whatever. But when the server is lagging you still see the old one, take away the cdn and you can see what it's supposed to actually be.

With your avatar it's the same. http://myanimelist.net/images/useravatars/2427889.png

There's a couple of things you can do now. One, time might be the issue, waiting for a little while and it might change on it's own or then hard refreshing might work. Changing the file size lower might help, try different extensions and then hard refresh. Idk, have you been hard refreshing after changing your profile pic and letting it sit for 10 or so minutes?

Ah I see. Those are both what I want them too look like, I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow. What I usually do is clear the cache after uploading a picture. That usually changes the picture instantly, when it comes to youtube at least. Thanks for the help though.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 6:46 PM

Nov 2010
LevailRenn said:
Ah I see. Those are both what I want them too look like, I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow. What I usually do is clear the cache after uploading a picture. That usually changes the picture instantly, when it comes to youtube at least. Thanks for the help though.
No problem, sorry I couldn't help though, the work arounds don't work all the time. You never did say, did you change the extension for your avatar? With avatars it's different than profile pics, it's like the site saves one of each extension for a while, so if you've only used one extension when you tried uploading the avatar you have right now(the one you don't want) then changing it to another should help.
Oct 4, 2013 6:54 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:
No problem, sorry I couldn't help though, the work arounds don't work all the time. You never did say, did you change the extension for your avatar? With avatars it's different than profile pics, it's like the site saves one of each extension for a while, so if you've only used one extension when you tried uploading the avatar you have right now(the one you don't want) then changing it to another should help.
Well I just tried uploading as a GIF extension and my avatar has disappeared.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2010
LevailRenn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:
I see it now as the one you wanted it to change to.
Oct 4, 2013 6:55 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:

I don't even know what is happening anymore.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2010
LevailRenn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:
IntroverTurtle said:
LevailRenn said:

I don't even know what is happening anymore.
Ah, it just changed back. I think it might be better if you leave it until tomorrow. But it looks like that changing the extension thing is actually working, there should still be one extension left, you can try that tomorrow if this doesn't change again.
Oct 4, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Ah, it just changed back. I think it might be better if you leave it until tomorrow. But it looks like that changing the extension thing is actually working, there should still be one extension left, you can try that tomorrow if this doesn't change again.

Alright cool. Thanks for the help, I was starting to get a little frustrated.

Oh, now I can actually see my avatar, no such luck with the profile picture though. But I can see one at least.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 4, 2013 7:14 PM

Nov 2010
LevailRenn said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Alright cool. Thanks for the help, I was starting to get a little frustrated.

Oh, now I can actually see my avatar, no such luck with the profile picture though. But I can see one at least.
Hopefully that changes tomorrow. I've never heard of a case where hard refreshing or changing the extension didn't work, time may be all that's needed.
Oct 5, 2013 2:28 AM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Gaichi said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I had the same problem yesterday.so i changed my jpg image to PNG and worked.Thanks a lot IntroverTurtle!!

Oct 5, 2013 9:27 AM
Nov 2009
Hi support guys!
My avatar that I'm using for most than 3 years have suddenly disappeared. Yesterday I uploaded it again but it's still not visible.
Oct 17, 2013 10:24 PM
Aug 2013
Title. Plus i've changed my profile picture many times and it still doesn't show the first one i had i left it for a few days and it didn't show as well.
Oct 17, 2013 10:27 PM

May 2013
In your profile, you can try reloading the page while refreshing the cache or whatever, with CTRL+F5.

If you're talking about your forum avatar, those take quite a while. Patience, or you can try re-uploading it.
Oct 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
The site is really slow, be patient.
Oct 17, 2013 10:51 PM

Jan 2009
i remember regular members saying you should try uploading different formats of your profile picture be it .PNG or .JPG or .GIF so try uploading them all until it shows
Oct 17, 2013 11:00 PM

Sep 2012
I can see your profile picture and it also appears when you make a comment in other profiles. Delete your cache.
If you are talking about your forum avatar that's another bsns.
Oct 17, 2013 11:05 PM

Apr 2013
Lel you don't even know
Oct 18, 2013 3:55 AM
Jun 2012
this site is slow so give it more time

i had to wait for a couple of weeks in the past before any new changes for my profile was reflected
Oct 23, 2013 2:42 PM

Aug 2013
hmm i upload a new avatar it says in 5 min...bla than i wait... but it shows the
same as before i try to delete it but after set the new it takes the old one back
Oct 23, 2013 3:20 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Just delete your cache and restart the browser. Worked for me and others.
Oct 23, 2013 3:21 PM

Apr 2013
Change the file extension to png/jpg/gif. If you uploaded a png then change it to a gif/jpg etc.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 23, 2013 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
I started changing my avatar to the current one 1,5 years ago but only in the recent months it managed to manifest itself without the occasional relapse to my old one (and yes I tried EVERY move in the book). MAL taught me a life lesson about patience in that regard.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 23, 2013 6:00 PM

Dec 2012
I'm also having this issue, none of the methods suggested have worked either.

Edit: And apparently as soon as I complain about it, it fixes itself? WTF?
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Oct 24, 2013 7:28 AM

Aug 2013
hmm i try it out thx guys
Oct 24, 2013 7:35 AM

Nov 2012
Methods doesnt work, complaining too :|
Cant change avatar
Oct 24, 2013 11:29 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Is it a custom picture? Maybe using a different program to save it
i.e Instead of Photoshop to crop, use the dreaded Paint program?
I believe I saw this somewhere on the forums
Oct 24, 2013 12:46 PM

May 2013
It works, I just changed mine.
Oct 24, 2013 12:59 PM

Apr 2013
Is this this what you want your avatar to be? If so try hard refreshing (f5 + ctrl) on the change your avatar tab. It might switch then.
an egomaniac and a fool

Oct 24, 2013 2:19 PM

Aug 2013
LevailRenn said:
Is this this what you want your avatar to be? If so try hard refreshing (f5 + ctrl) on the change your avatar tab. It might switch then.

right it is... you see it in my posts?
Pages (37) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

129 by Alexioos95 »»
1 hour ago

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Apr 25

12 by vasipi4946 »»
8 hours ago

» The dates on the popular new topics pane are just a _few_ decades off

Daviljoe193 - Apr 5

6 by Cnon »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3377 by efektPL »»
12 hours ago

» Question about parental consent

AverageRiceFan - Apr 16

4 by traed »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.