Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (23) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
May 1, 2012 2:57 PM
Feb 2012
ending wasnt quite perfect for me, but taiga alone is worth 10/10
May 26, 2012 5:58 PM
Nov 2010
The show had a kinda good first episodes, after that most of the show was kinda average though it had some good interactions between the characters, last three episodes were actually great.

Didn't cared much for the cast except for the two mains though.

since the show was actually good, overall 7/10
Z-flameMay 26, 2012 6:19 PM
May 26, 2012 8:58 PM

Mar 2012
7/10, :(
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 1, 2012 2:27 PM

Jan 2008
One of the most gorgeous Anime kissing scenes I've seen so far! Even better than the one in Clanna--- oh, wait.

9/10.

Jun 3, 2012 12:31 PM

Aug 2011
It was pretty good, though not as good as everyone's making it out to be.
Jun 18, 2012 11:13 PM

Feb 2012
Absolute disappointment. I was teetering on 9 or 10, but settled with 7 after that ending. First of all, Taiga switches from Kitamura to Ryuuji instantly, it seems. She had that fight with that girl Kitamura liked, and then she magically didn't like Kitamura anymore, though she still continued to be nervous around him until like episode 19 or somewhere around there. And what the fuck, Ryuuji? You've been obsessed with Minorin for over a year - you have a box full of stuff about her!!!! Then all of a sudden, you decide that you like Taiga instead? Fine, I was still willing to accept that and I still loved the romance between Ryuuji and Taiga, even though Ami was the best for him and the best in general.

But then, Taiga just up and leaves for a year, only sending Ryuuji two texts (apparently), right after saying that she's "going to love Ryuuji". Her reasons are never explained, luckily the kind soul up there explained them so that I can finally understand though. Apparently, she wanted to make up with her mom and not run away, so she spent the year that she would have been running away with her mom. But she didn't see Takasu or anyone else, not even once? Really? Come on. And then, fast-forward one year, and Taiga and Ryuuji are finally reunited with a nice, typical scene that you'd expect from the series, which I enjoyed. However, this romance, which took a year to develop, was never even given so much as a discussion.

If I was Ryuuji, I'd be shocked that Taiga liked me. Same thing with Taiga. Instead, they both just accept it. What...? Not even an "I can't believe we're together, I've always wanted this" or something to that effect. The ending was rushed as hell, nothing was explained properly, Minorin's heartbreak was given about 8 seconds of screen time, not to mention that Minorin says that you have to go for happiness yourself, but she then forces Taiga to go with Ryuuji and gives up on him. The fuck? This show was amazing for the first 15 or so episodes, great for the next 8, and honestly, for the last two, it was horrible. I want to give this lower than a 7, but the first 23 episodes were overall good enough to balance it out a bit. I just can't believe how bad this ending was though.

I started watching this because I thought I was getting the best romantic comedy ever made. Well, it's very funny, it's very sweet, but in terms of romance...it's awful. Characters switch back and forth, left and right in terms of who they love; Ami seemed to love Takasu as well, but who knows? Taiga rejected Kitamura and then liked him and then he didn't like her, and then he gets rejected because the girl is moving, and everything is just set up in such a stupid way that I find it hard to believe that this can be considered the best romantic comedy. Ryuuji's picture was behind Kitamura's in Taiga's book - when did this happen? There was no transition, I don't even...ugh. I got all hyped up for the end to what I thought was going to be one of my favorite series, but they just stuffed too much into it and the whole thing suffered because of it.

That being said, I'm happy it ended on a positive note - I wanted Ryuuji and Taiga to live happily ever after, and at least that technically happened.

So, 7/10, and honestly, I think that's fair. This series is overrated, as its romantic elements are done only slightly better than an ecchi harem. And I enjoy ecchi harems more than romances with huge storytelling gaps. A real romance would be Clannad. Great ending (I know people disagree on that, but you can just watch the movie if you like the sad ending), and it develops so nicely. It fast-forwards perfectly to their future, and it doesn't even have any kissing in it whatsoever. And it's still perfectly done. That's impressive. Toradora had a wonderful kissing scene, however, a great kiss doesn't make up for a poor romance.

This could have and should have been so much more.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jun 18, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2011
njd09 said:
First of all, Taiga switches from Kitamura to Ryuuji instantly, it seems. .

how do you get this? don't you see the signs from atleast when ryuuji almost drowns in the pool (probably before) ...but she was developing feelings for him the whole time. there is no magic here.. i think their change in feelings and their reactions to them were quite realistic from personal experience
Jun 22, 2012 11:43 AM

May 2012
What an amazing anime! I finished this anime in 1 day and I'm so glad I did. I give Toradora! a 10/10 and that last part of the episode was so sweet!!! I wish there were more romantic anime like this. I mean I actually liked both mains which is something that I rarely like when in comes to romantic series. Like I said this series truly touched my heart, any of you know of other anime like this one?
Jun 25, 2012 4:25 PM

Jun 2010
Good series overall. To be honest, it didn't find it very funny. I only really laughed when Minorin showed up and started doing weird things, which is why she ended up being my favourite character. xD

Predictable plot with tons of clichés, but although the concept was unoriginal, the decent execution made the series a memorable one.

Pacing overall was okay, until the last couple episodes were things started to become messy. Overall, I did think some of the romantic transitions were too sudden. I also have mixed feelings about the ending. I understand that Taiga wanted to make up with her mother, but allegedly not contacting Ryuji or any of her other friends for a whole year?

The characters honestly made the series for me. Most of them received a great deal of development, especially Taiga. At first, I merely considered her "more tolerable than Rie Kugimiya's other tsundere characters", but as the show progressed, I started to appreciate her more and more as she was developed to become more fleshed-out and realistic. I guess all those years experimenting with the tsundere archetype paid off. They finally got it right this time.

Ami was an interesting character, as well. Initially, I didn't like her very much because of her manipulative nature, but as her character was developed, her maturity surprised me and I began to sympathize with her.

Still deciding between a 7 and 8.
Jun 29, 2012 7:01 AM
Feb 2012
Great anime , one of the best romances i have seen so far .
The guy who wrote best review said that the anime was pretty predictable . I disagree however , for me this anime was almost opposite. I believed that Takasu would end up with Minorin but he didn't , which is a bit sad . Even though from the story you can deduce that both Ami and Minorin had interest in Takasu it's not a harem anime , it's something much better , sadder and deeper . I loved characters and their distinctive traits . It was almost as if they lived on their own . Most romantic animes concentrate on main character but this anime reminds us that every character has it's own life and personality..
Also some tunes from anime were more than just memmorable but touching too , like Ame Iro Rondo I'm listening to right now . It evokes sad but deep feeling inside me when i have flash backs about this anime . Not many animes were capable of evoking such deep feeling inside me . Those feelings are the main reason why I'm watching anime . It is capable of something that western movies are unable to do and Toradora is a good example of those deep animes . + It was a fun and pleasant .

I have not yet watched other so called best and saddest romances although i watched a bit of clannad but I stopped for a while because of personal reasons . I look forward to watching these animes and if they really better than toradora it would be perfect .
Also i like these discussion forums , even though I don't use them normally they help people share emotions ... yay that
Jun 29, 2012 7:53 PM

Sep 2011
mcjazzman32 said:
Zedd said:
Really Nice Ending.
I'm pretty sure that this is the best romance-comedy I've seen so far.
10/10

woah woah, Toradora is fantabulous, don't get me wrong and it deserves all the praise, but it pales in comparison to the pure romantic tour-de-force that is Nodame Cantabile, ESPECIALLY the manga, but also the anime. You guys need to watch that (as I see you and xoxo both haven't.) before saying that. hehehe

I watched Nodame Cantabile, but in my opinion Toradora was waay better. :p
Jul 1, 2012 3:00 AM
Apr 2011
Still the #1 rom/com in my book.
Jul 2, 2012 7:25 PM

Jun 2012
holy shit i loved this anime.

10/10
Jul 10, 2012 1:20 AM
Mar 2011
ahsiddiky said:
Unahim said:
For all those still asking: Their original plan was to run away for a year until they were both old enough to legally stand on their own and be free of their parents/caretakers.

They realised that was a childish way to go about it, and instead decided to return to their parents and sit out the year they would normally have spend running. They knew there was a good chance Taiga's mom would still insist on her coming to live with her again(especially since she said Taiga's dad business flopped, so he may not have been able to keep sending her money and stuff), but decided it was the grown-up thing to do.

So then what they feared would happen really did happen: Taiga had to live with her mom. However, she really wanted to do the responsible thing, and after one year they're both old enough, and can be together again.

Hope that clears it up for a few people.

This message finally gave me closure for the series!!

Likewise. I was close to giving it a 9 but those last two episodes pushed it to a 10 in my eyes. Its weird though considering I like other animes more than I do this one, but, it still gets a 10 because of how attached I grew to the show. I started with watching maybe 2-3 episodes a night to watchong 4-6 in a row. Only a great anime makes me do that and this one certainly did.
Jul 10, 2012 1:40 AM

Jul 2010
very good anime
my favourite (saddest) part was when
Also the kiss scene was pretty good.
Jul 15, 2012 1:58 AM

Jul 2012
I loved this whole series! Although I wish they would have ended with a kiss instead of a headbutt :p...still got some tears out of me though. Great ending. 9/10
"Ally to good, nightmare for you."
Jul 15, 2012 3:49 PM

Mar 2012
Love the ending ^.^ Tiger & Dragon <3

Great ending, was sad when Taiga left but the lase scene made up~ >.<

10/10 in the end~ Season 2 would be great~
--VaultKai101--Jul 15, 2012 5:28 PM
Jul 31, 2012 3:29 AM

Jul 2011
Loved this show, if I could score with decimals, I'd give this 9.5, but since it's lacking just a little something I rounded it to a 9 instead of a 10.

Awesome none-the-less.
Aug 4, 2012 9:39 AM
Jul 2012
Best, romance anime i've ever watched but like verdale said it's lacking something so i gave it a 9. It'd be nice if they made an ova or something showing the future
Aug 8, 2012 12:25 AM

Jun 2012
Great ending, only thing I'm wondering about is whats going to happen to Ryugi and Taiga now? Are they still planning on marriage or are they going to pursue college together? And the only thing I had a problem with in this anime was how casually they just brushed aside the crush Taiga had on Kitamura. I mean wtf was that? They spent 20 episodes of Taiga obsessing over him and blushing whenever they talk to like "Oh, its just you Kitmura..."
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Aug 13, 2012 8:45 AM
Jul 2018
It was good, I feel something missing though...
Aug 17, 2012 6:51 PM

Jan 2012
Venez said:
It was good, I feel something missing though...

what's 'missing' is that you can't get enough of it like everybody else..
Aug 20, 2012 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
It was a good anime i'd give it a 9 easy, but i gotta say this if people who didn't know Ryuuji where scared of him due to how he looks it'd be hilarious to see how they react to the Ryuuji ,and Taiga combo.
Aug 22, 2012 3:42 PM
Jul 2012
choyos said:
So Taiga goes home to confront his family and make things ok there before he can start with Ryuuji?
I liked the ending but i think there was no need for Taiga to leave with out giving Ryuuji a kiss or something. I guess is because that would have made it a good by rather than a cya later.
This has a been a unique ride. This series completely surpassed the expectations i had when i first started watching it.

Really nice after credits btw ^^

This i agree.
Great episode.
good seiers
9/10
Aug 22, 2012 7:35 PM

Jan 2009
INKO CHAN SAID HIS NAME YAAAY PARTY.
Aug 25, 2012 5:33 PM

May 2012
Wow... 32 pages... haha, i really want to read every comments about the last episode but I suddenly got tired.. so all I just want to say is "THIS ANIME IS GREAT!!!!!" hehe.. 10/10!!!!!

P.S. that kiss was awesome. hehe.
Sep 7, 2012 9:36 PM

Jun 2012
this was a fantastic last episode, they nailed it. i loved it how the second last line was Ryuuji saying " I love you" for the first time . Great Ending
Sep 8, 2012 12:41 AM

May 2012
I did not like how she spent her senior year somewhere else, but still a great ending.
Sep 18, 2012 6:02 PM
Jul 2012
TonyC1994 said:
Great ending, only thing I'm wondering about is whats going to happen to Ryugi and Taiga now? Are they still planning on marriage or are they going to pursue college together? And the only thing I had a problem with in this anime was how casually they just brushed aside the crush Taiga had on Kitamura. I mean wtf was that? They spent 20 episodes of Taiga obsessing over him and blushing whenever they talk to like "Oh, its just you Kitmura..."

it wasnt casually brushed off, she just moved on/realized who she really cared about, you could say the same for ryuugi and minori, even had confirmation of her feelings that he was wanting the entire show basically, but he realized the one he truly wanted was taiga

and then there was that winter break, where she talked to kitamura, and apparantly revealed her true feelings about ryuuji to him, an later thinking ryuuji was kitamura, asked him to take away her feelings cuz she couldnt stop loving ryuuji

so it wasnt brushed aside, taiga loved ryuuji, and kitamura loved the former student council president (who didnt truly reject him cuz she felt the same, just didnt want him to throw everything away chasing her) which is even more confirmed when at the graduation bit when they talk about how kitamura is going to study abroad in america (were the council president is or was going to study)

9/10
Oct 4, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
Just finished Toradora. Was really good, but it aggravated me that it took sooooo long for them to finally confess their love for each other. I was so damn mad during this episode I almost turned it off. I'm so glad I waited. I thought she'd really ran away.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oct 7, 2012 8:31 PM

Aug 2012
Really loved it, I feel kinda bad for Minorin though haha, great anime though, one of my favorites no doubt.
Oct 7, 2012 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
Super cute episode and overall anime series^^ There was a kiss, proposal, tears, feeling.. Kyaa.. Amazing <3
Oct 17, 2012 4:39 PM

Jun 2012
Loved it! Taiga was ... well, Taiga until the very end. And I loved the payoff for her and Ryuuji. I realized it immediately, given the title of the show, but I loved how it was right beneath the surface the entire time. And the kiss(es) were amazing.

Easily, one of my favorite anime ever.
Oct 21, 2012 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
I saw there will be a sequel?
Oct 21, 2012 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
HaloGod3330 said:
I saw there will be a sequel?

Not that has been announced no. It's getting a little late too, odds are they would have announced one by now.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Oct 21, 2012 11:15 PM

Dec 2011
Took me a while to sit down and finally watch this cuz of the genre. Just finished it now though and Loved it, super sad its over and now i am depressed.
Oct 22, 2012 8:09 PM

May 2012
aw.. i thought this anime is silly but its great.. :D 9/10 .. i wanna make it perfect if its ami and ryuuji but its impossible.. i feel sory for minori though..

Oct 23, 2012 9:47 AM
Sep 2012
just finished it.... well what do i do with my life now -_-'
Oct 27, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2012
Just finished it :( The kissing scene was great (I had to rewatch it, hehe) and at the end where he said "I love you" and she blushes aaawwwwww. Now what do I watch ;_;
Oct 30, 2012 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
Just rewatched it again because I forgot the story

I'm confused why she left in the first place, but it wouldn't have been a great ending if she didn't.

Does the Novel continue after this?
Nov 6, 2012 1:19 AM

Mar 2011
johnkx said:
Just rewatched it again because I forgot the story

I'm confused why she left in the first place, but it wouldn't have been a great ending if she didn't.

Does the Novel continue after this?

To answer your question, no.

The Epilogue of the novel is a little bit better imo. It wraps up things a little neater and there is more back and forth between both of them.
Nov 11, 2012 2:29 AM
Jul 2012
I think the only proper response after finishing that is a wide, shining smile across my face.
It was a great way to wrap it up. Although I kind of expected them to both return in the last episode, and break away from the "main love interest shows up at the very last second and all is well" anime-esque cliche.

The kind where the main character sees the lost soul, and goes to find it but it isn't there.
Surprised me beyond belief with Taiga being in the locker, that was absolutely rich. And then she pulled that tsundere attitude, I burst out laughing, a nice twist to the expected cliche, it really contributed to the huge smile I have across my face right now.

Favorite things about the series as a whole:
Minorin. Especially her speeches about ghosts and UFOs, they were VERY unique.
Ami. I feel really bad for her, she really didn't have any closure. But she was an AMAZING plot device.
Kitamaru. No words can describe how awesome his random stunts were.
The perfect placement of Taiga's "tsundere"-ness, especially this episode.

Dislikes:
Inko-Chan. I don't really know why, but he troubled me... like, I'll have nightmares.
That one picture of Takasu's parents, where his 'dad' was groping Yasuko. It upset me the moment I saw it, and kind of made me sad for the entire episode. (It was near the beginning)
The inevitable beach/pool/swimsuit episode. It was useless, just like all episodes of its kind.

But the anime as a whole, with such insignificant negativity, and overwhelming awesomeness, 10/10. It was definitely the best rom-com in the history of rom-coms.
Nov 13, 2012 6:06 PM

Jul 2011
I think this is the best type of end for basically everyone. Ami is staying, Minori has admitted to how she feels about him. It's open ended enough to think "Maybe things won't work out with Taiga, he'll move on to Ami/Minori". His school application still wasn't resolved, so he could go to a university with any of the three, or just live out with them.

The clear cut winner is Yuusuka. Moving to the states to be with his girlfriend.

Great series.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Nov 17, 2012 10:50 PM

Jan 2011
Disappointed in the ending I understand that everything cant always have a perfect ending but they could have done better than that. Ami never truly confessed (upset about that) however the scene where Ryuuji and Taiga kissed was one of the best scenes ive seen. So much potential but missed the mark 8/10
Nov 17, 2012 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
I just finished for the fourth time :D best as always.....
Nov 17, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2012
LancelotTypeZero said:
Disappointed in the ending I understand that everything cant always have a perfect ending but they could have done better than that. Ami never truly confessed (upset about that) however the scene where Ryuuji and Taiga kissed was one of the best scenes ive seen. So much potential but missed the mark 8/10

I just found a OVA try this ... http://myanimelist.net/anime/11553/Toradora!:_Bentou_no_Gokui

I just currently discover and downloading it :) hope it helps....
Nov 29, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
I feel like a dumbass because there's still some things that I didn't really get. Even so, I'm not going to try and think about those things because I still highly enjoyed this anime without completely comprehending. Maybe when my mind has further matured and is capable of deeper understanding, I will revisit this magnificent anime and think harder.

But for now, I will bask in the complete feelings of delight it has drowned me in as is. And take a shower; I'm frickin' sweaty, ew.
Dec 3, 2012 12:42 PM

Jul 2012
It went from gag to romance, and this kinda weird ending. I loved it though :)
Dec 9, 2012 11:19 PM

Sep 2012
Definitely one of the best romance comedy ever. Feels good to know this was one of my shows growing up :D
Dec 10, 2012 6:49 PM
Nov 2012
I really really LOVED this anime! Best romance anime i have ever seen! Omg I cant even express myself T.T I HOPE THERES MORE PLSSSS 10/10
Pages (23) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Toradora girl?

JustSomeone15 - 5 hours ago

9 by AshTheChamp »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 24, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.