Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yeah! We finally killed that bitch. Lol, just joking.

Anyway a twist huh. So lets see how this is gonna develop. Haven't seen the dead body yet though.
Mar 19, 2016 6:27 PM

May 2009
Maybe killing Athena was the only to get to Hades? Idk and where the heck did they go? If Shion's going to explain, does that mean he's not really an enemy?
Dec 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Jun 2016
Where do I start? This arc has been freaking miserable from the start(in a good way). This one has gotten even more tears out of me. And it even started quite happy outside of Shion listing all those he thought were dead, "Shura, Camus, Saga, Aphrodite, Deathmask, Aldebaran, Shaka". I adored the cheesy scene where the bronze saints fought against the Athena Exclamation. Like I once said, Shura gave Shiryu his Excalibur not long ago, and Hyoga knew Camus was not a bad person, so all of them teamed up and tried their hardest to save the gold saints. By using love and justice they ignited their seventh sense, leveled up to the gold saints and sent that attack into the freaking heavens saving everyone. It was beautiful and it was the cheesiness I adore in Saint Seiya.

All seemed good even if Miro went to finish off the traitors after because there's no way they could start another Athena Exclamation clash, maybe they could even finally come together with the truth. But as if to crush me where it hurts we had Saori give Saga the dagger he once tried to kill her with (I love how we saw Saga hesitating to kill the baby in Pope Shion's attire). What she meant by offering him it, to finish the job, hit me a moment before it hit Saga and the others. Perhaps Shaka's dying message was what pointed her off on their goal and why her death was needed despite Hades ordering for it...

And, from what we've heard, she pierced her own throat because Saga couldn't do it. There is some skepticism because the dagger first fell without blood on it and was later found with blood on it but I'm unsure if I'm misunderstanding or if this was just an animation thing. The important part was the montage of reactions afterwards, it really broke my heart. Miro choking Camus with tears in his eyes while Camus didn't even attempt to fight back as if he were accepting what he deserves was the real kicker to me... The flash at Aldebarans cloth sitting with that flower was a reminder of what awful things occured up until now. I'm pretty sure we saw Ikki respecting Shaka's grave. And of course Seiya's breakdown and Hyoga's words about it being too late to talk about their regrets. The start of it all with Saori smiling with tears running down her face before taking her own life was strong too. It just continues with the theme that the Hades arc has kept up and that is everything we love will die and tragedy will freaking strike hard.

At least Shion is going to finally tell the bronze saints what is going on. As for what will happen to the traitors, if they are working for Athena's sake which I definitely think they are, I'm not quite sure. I wonder if they'll go and work under Hades as double agents themselves or what... Because if they clearly go against him now everything feels as if it were meaningless.. At least with the butterfly gone Shion can tell them the truth.

It was also pretty amusing that he took the most animated Ryuseiken of the series to the face! It looked so good and powerful and the distortion of pain came back strong when he retaliated on the bronze saints. I think he's doing something similar to what Camus did for Hyoga, he's pushing them so they'll become stronger, after all there's no time to cry the war is only just beginning, and ... without Athena to lead it.

Lastly, I really enjoyed the scene where Pandora tortured Rhadamanthys. She was crying as she did it. I think Rhadamanthys has a connection to her kind of like how the bronze saints have a personal connection to Saori whereas the gold saints have that connection to Athena, at least from the way he addressed her as Pandora and not Hades and the way he was thinking about her while looking at her family portrait. But, since she is the host of Hades from what I picked up as a foil to Athena she has to act on Hades will even if it hurts her as Pandora. Cool!

Maybe killing Athena was the only to get to Hades? Idk and where the heck did they go? If Shion's going to explain, does that mean he's not really an enemy?

Shion was the commander of Saga's group and they were doing this for Athena's sake. They would not let Shaka's death be in vain! So there's one possibility that Shion and Saga's group are separate entities in goal but an even better chance that he's on Athena's side. I had assumed that killing Athena was not the way and that they had to keep up those appearances so Hades wouldn't snap them out of existence, but now it seems killing Athena was for her own sake which is odd in itself.
Dec 29, 2018 3:31 AM

Jun 2016
Rei366 said:
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs Pandora is not an host, she's just a human who (claims she) represents Hades' will. The OAVs more or less show how Rhadamanthis doesn't really appreciate her position. The reason behind her position is cleared in the next OAVs salvo.
(sorry if I mistook the meaning of your text)

Ah I see! I interpreted him using her name Pandora as a sign of being close with her but in this case it rather is supposed to be a sign of disrespect?
Dec 29, 2018 4:29 AM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs I heard it this way (thanks to the lack of honorific).
Dec 20, 2020 10:30 PM

Jul 2019
While the grown and mighty men are killing each other, our four little bronze hobbits bring some hope into a hopeless situation by fighting for what they truly believe, as a callback to this series' more idealistic past.

I don't care if it isn't totally canon, it was a great moment.
Nov 23, 2022 8:59 PM

Apr 2016
The bronze quartet's moment was the best part but now what is Saori up to with this decision she made.

Miro choking Camus was a little bit funny.
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM
Dec 2013
HOLY SHIT! SAORI DIED! By committing suicide?! A "good guy" character death! RIP SAORI! I think she might be actually dead for real. Known her since the beginning for 100+ episodes too. One of the most shocking moments in anime. Did not expect that at all!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 12 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

9 by wildhood »»
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Jan 21, 2014

8 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.