Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seriously? Three Gold saints couldn't do anything to that guy? Wait to undermine gold saints there Saint Seiya.
I hope that now Seiya won' beat his ass cause its gonna be ridiculous

So Athena killed herself to go the land of Dead and kill Hates? And our heroes are supposed to go there too and give her her cloth so she can fight Hates? So how exactly to they plan to go there? Letting someone kill them? Lol
How is Athena gonna come back? Or she has no come back plans?

Also i called it that they would have been stupid. They could have just told the golden saints about all that and save themselves from unnecessary fights that weaken Athena's forces.

Jan 22, 2014 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
Hades power which surrounds the castle is far beyond anything a gold saint could hope to achieve unless they have holy protection which none of them had atm
Athena never met Shion the previous pope so she didnt knew anything about her cloth
they couldnt ve said anything to the other gold saints while Hades forces were keeping an eye on them, had they done it Hades d have just make them return to Hell, probably before they managed to tell them the full info on that cloth an also let Athena ente the underworld alive an Hades not being aware of it
Dec 17, 2014 2:24 PM
Oct 2011
This is probably the only thing I have against this series. The gold saints are hyped to
have superior strength, skills, experience and cosmos only to end up being useless. I have no problems with a spectre outclassing a gold saint, what bothers me is that the way things are going, the bronze saints will save the day.
Mar 22, 2016 6:35 PM

May 2009
I'm wondering where did Shiryu's master go? Did Shion tell him the plan while they were fighting? Did he go on ahead to find a way to Hades? I hope the next ep explains...
Nov 24, 2017 6:41 PM

Dec 2016
Monad said:

Seriously? Three Gold saints couldn't do anything to that guy? Wait to undermine gold saints there Saint Seiya.

fabvu said:
This is probably the only thing I have against this series. The gold saints are hyped to
have superior strength, skills, experience and cosmos only to end up being useless. I have no problems with a spectre outclassing a gold saint, what bothers me is that the way things are going, the bronze saints will save the day.

This is easily explained. This castle has some kind of barrier made by Hades that weakens his enemies (or power up his allies if you prefer) and Wyvern Rhadamanthys is one of the 3 Judges of the Underworld, the most respected warriors of Hades army.
SparkyonNov 22, 2018 11:40 AM
Dec 31, 2018 8:04 AM

Jun 2016
Everything's making sense now! Well outside of the bronze saints flying into Hades fortress like a super saiyan but I'll just accept that for now.

Some interesting things to note: I had thought Pandora was Hades host but we've seen Hades body and she even referred to it so that's off the table. Interestingly we cannot forget Hades visited Athena in episode 1 if I recall correctly which makes me think there's more than what meets the eye going on going on.

And Ikki didn't get the super duper magic cloth revitalization that the others got. I wonder how that will come into play! Overall it was a very satisfying way to get upgraded cloths.

I assumed Shaka with his dying words alerted Saori about what was going on but I'm still unsure how he figured it out. Perhaps he felt their shame and sadness in their attacks and knew they were doing this for something important. I'm not quite sure. The fact that she took her own life proves she figured out their goal here and the fact she went to meet Hades in the underworld herself is awesome...

Lastly, I really enjoyed the scene where Saga's trio attacked Pandora and Frog. Camus gave Frog a one handed freeze without even turning to him lol! And Shura taking Pandora hostage was perfect. He's the best one for the job. The most brutal saint out of the three with an Excalibur at her throat.

Monad said:
Seriously? Three Gold saints couldn't do anything to that guy? Wait to undermine gold saints there Saint Seiya. I hope that now Seiya won' beat his ass cause its gonna be ridiculous.

Like everyone else in this thread said this is too early to say. I assumed Hades fortress had some kind of a weakening force around it and that seems to be true. I am curious about if the fights will be based around getting over that weakness. To be fair though, when Rhadamanthys started fighting the three gold saints I thought to myself, please don't use this as a device to hype up the villains power. I want to see the gold saints fight alongside the bronze for once! Luckily it seems with Shun catching Aioria that we may even get a 7 versus 1?! I know in typical Saint Seiya fashion it may be like, "you guys go ahead I'll fight this guy one on one", but even if that occurs maybe they'll have enough time with Rhadamanthys to figure out how to overcome the weakening force of Hades fortress. That said, Rhadamanthys is one of the best so I can't see his fight coming this quick.

Monad said:
How is Athena gonna come back? Or she has no come back plans?

An interesting thought that hit me is that from what we know Athena was killed during the last Holy War. The only survivors were Dohko and Shion. Perhaps Athena is fated to always kill herself to meet Hades in the underworld where she takes him down and.. maybe never comes back to the living world.

Monad said:
Also i called it that they would have been stupid. They could have just told the golden saints about all that and save themselves from unnecessary fights that weaken Athena's forces.

This has been said but I'll say it myself again because I find it interesting. The "traitorous" gold saints were being watched. They couldn't risk telling the gold saints what they were doing. If they only got half way through there is a chance they wouldn't understand. If some seemingly evil traitorous gold saints said, "YOU NEED TO KILL ATHENA TO GET ATHENA'S CLOTH", and no one knew what Athena's cloth was, there's a very good chance they'd be perplexed by it but not pursue it. If that happened what could follow would be no one telling them about Athena's cloth and Hades being unbeatable and therefore the war being lost.

I think it was well done for the most part. It makes sense why they had to fight their comrades, and Saori was taken as a baby and Saga took the place of Shion so Athena's cloth being forgotten makes sense(kinda). Further, I love how the story is simply going off what we know, cloth's need blood to get their vitality back and Athena's needs her own blood. It could have gone in a wild unexpected direction and it didn't. I like that. I think this arc plot wise is very interesting and has a good flow.

The one problem with that I have is that presumably Dohko knew about Athena's cloth too. Last Holy war he was a survivor with Shion. He should have understood that is what occurred. So, with Shion coming to attack Dohko, he should have been able to infer what was going on, further him and Dohko fought somewhere that wasn't being watched by Hades as far as I know and if that's true he could have told Dohko it was time to get Athena's cloth. There's two possibilities:
1. Shion couldn't risk telling Dohko in case he were being watched, but if Dohko knew, two simple words: "Athena's cloth" is all he would need.
2. So I think it's more likely that Dohko didn't know about her cloth for some reason... The reason why, I'm unsure.
Dec 31, 2018 8:36 AM

Dec 2015
@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs About the "flying off", I simply took it as a proof of their improvement. To be able to go to Germany from Greece in such a short time (same night) proves that even if they don't reach the fabulous Gold Saint running speed Aiolia talked about back when he appeared, they can still circulate very fast over the globe.
(I just tried to get the info back from the manga but can't find the pre-sanctuary book who contains it XD, it must be something like "G.S. can travel at lightspeed")

I always imagined that Shaka was able to figure it out by seeing their distress and already knowing/owning the Arayashiki/8th Sense (as a buddha, one of the very few existences able to control their reincarnation cycle).

It's funny to see how (not french) people were eager to find problems in this (because old "fighting shônen"?) to the point they invented some instead of pointing out the actual ones. Especially when they're quite numerous in Kurumada's works.

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
It was just so shocking I couldn't help but exclaim "WHAT?!?!".

Back when I watched this OAV, I had not read nor watched St Seiya for a long time so I had the same reaction.
About the Clothes, the saint himself is not really "powered up" (a little if you want, if we consider that a living Cloth "lends" its "energy" to its bearer). It's more like they receive a highly needed better protection, the Cloth being now on par with the stronger blows stronger ennemies should deliver. So, it's actually a power-up of the armor...

I admit that it's hard to see, since the protections are often wearing off as soon as the first battles.

Ah, yes, about Ikki's cloth, I believe I remember some logical problem around it in the last installment now that I think about it. ^^"
Rei_IIIDec 31, 2018 9:19 AM
Dec 31, 2018 9:02 AM

Jun 2016
@Rei366 That is a good explanation over how they flew! I hadn't thought about it immediately showing their improvement. The blood of the gold saints had enhanced their abilities so Athena's very own blood must be a huge deal. It was just so shocking I couldn't help but exclaim "WHAT?!?!".

As for Shaka I think that is very likely and a good analysis.

I understand how a lot of confused criticism occurs due to the nature of Saint Seiya but I do often find people inventing problems as you've said.
Nov 25, 2022 8:46 PM

Apr 2016
It ended right when it was getting good, the episode dragged itself more than it usually does.
Sep 8, 2023 12:53 PM
Dec 2013
If Saori (Athena) somehow resurrects, I'm going to be very upset. Even if she killed herself so she can go to Hades in the World/Land of the Dead to kill him, she better stay permadead.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 13 Discussion

Monad - Jan 23, 2014

10 by Fang_Tooth »»
Feb 1, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 11 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

7 by wildhood »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:23 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 1 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Jan 2, 2013

12 by wildhood »»
Jul 26, 2023 10:02 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 10 Discussion

Monad - Jan 22, 2014

6 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 8, 2023 4:59 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Sanctuary Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Jan 21, 2014

8 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 7, 2023 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.