Jan 2019
New seasonal anime:

Darwin's Game
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!
Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun
Kyokou Suiri
Plunderer
Somali to Mori no Kamisama

Also, Hello! I'm new to the group! Nice to meet you!
Be happy with what you have to be happy with
Jan 16, 2020 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
@WampaStompa @eso-JAR Let me know how Darwin's Game and Kyokou Suiri turn out. I was strongly considering picking those up this season.
Jan 16, 2020 6:15 AM

Jan 2019
@Noraf46 Kyokoue Suiri has been a surprise for me. First episode was really strong! I've heard people mention that it has a Monogatari Series vibe to it, which even though I haven't seen Monogatari yet, is pretty high praise. Darwin's Game I've liked so far, but if you are tired of the isekai/video game world motif you may want to steer clear.
Jan 17, 2020 2:51 AM
Oct 2017
Noraf46 said:
@WampaStompa @eso-JAR Let me know how Darwin's Game and Kyokou Suiri turn out. I was strongly considering picking those up this season.

WampaStompa said:
@Noraf46 Kyokoue Suiri has been a surprise for me. First episode was really strong! I've heard people mention that it has a Monogatari Series vibe to it, which even though I haven't seen Monogatari yet, is pretty high praise. Darwin's Game I've liked so far, but if you are tired of the isekai/video game world motif you may want to steer clear.

Darwin's Game its kinda between 6 and 7 score, its watchable, a lot of anime that were release before Darwin with the nearly same story, are better. (imho)
For ex:
Gantz
Btooom!
Imawa no Kuni no Alice (3 episode OVA) (my favourite)
eso-JARJan 17, 2020 3:08 AM
Jan 17, 2020 6:09 AM

Jan 2019
@eso-JAR Yes! Gantz was the first thing that came to mind when I was watching Darwin's Game.
Jan 17, 2020 7:01 AM
Dec 2018
I have taken these shows to watch:

Darwin´s game
ID: Invaded
Kyokou Suiri
Magia Record and
Murenase!Seton Gakuen

Right now, I am watching an oldie but goldie; Great Sensei Onizuka. Anyone got some thought on that show? I find it both hilarious and disturbing. I would not want a teacher (or stundents) to be like that.
Jan 18, 2020 1:35 AM

Dec 2008
Started ID: Invaded last night. The best way to describe that show is a cross between Inception and Criminal Minds, and it's plenty intriguing.

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Jan 22, 2020 12:44 AM

Dec 2008
Started a new show: Smile Down The Runway last night and liked it right away.

Jan 22, 2020 1:18 PM

Jan 2019
@PhillyFlash What's it stream on?
Jan 23, 2020 12:19 AM

Dec 2008
It's on Funimation.

Jan 23, 2020 10:57 AM

Jan 2019
Thanks! I'm gonna check it out!
Jan 28, 2020 1:59 PM

Jun 2014
It's that time again! Winter 2020 is upon us and so is my enormous list of seasonal watching...

Ahiru no Sora
Babylon
Black Clover
Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season
Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu.
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
Chihayafuru 3
Darwin's Game
Diamond no Ace: Act II
Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na!
Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia
Haikyuu!!: To the Top
Housekishou Richard-shi no Nazo Kantei
ID:Invaded
Infinite Dendrogram
Kabukichou Sherlock
Magia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica Gaiden (TV)
Mairimashita! Iruma-kun
Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi
Mugen no Juunin: Immortal
number24
One Piece
Pet
Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle
Plunderer
Radiant 2nd Season
Re:Zero-Starting Life in Another World- Director’s Cut
Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Nisatsume

Whew!
My love of anime is not an obsession. It's a need to have a content life.
Jan 29, 2020 12:33 AM

Dec 2008
Ahh, yes! Started Darwin's Game on Saturday and found it interesting.

Feb 1, 2020 1:26 AM

Apr 2019
Winter 2020 (temporary rating after 3 eps) LeftoversDropped

Feb 8, 2020 1:38 AM

Dec 2008
Started Plunderer last night. It was interesting.

Feb 16, 2020 11:45 AM
Nov 2010
Not watching much show this season. The only one I keep up with is Dorohedoro.
I've watched 1 or 2 episode of other show but I might wait a bit because I when I get into a show I like to finish it and not have to wait for the next episode
Feb 21, 2020 12:37 AM

Dec 2008
Started Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! last night. Wow! What a delightfully wacky show!

Feb 22, 2020 12:34 PM
Jan 2020
Chihayafuru
Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken
Somali And The Forest Spirit
The Case Files Of Jeweller Richard
Haikyuu!!
Ahiru No Sora
MHA

Chihayafuru and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken are by far my favourites.
Feb 28, 2020 12:59 AM

Dec 2008
Started Cagster of an Insect Cage last night. Plenty interesting!

Mar 6, 2020 3:14 AM

Apr 2019
I did some early planning for Spring 2020, it seems to be the season of sequels and has some promising new shows as well.

New series:
  • Dounika Naru Hibi - I just need to check out any series with both Yaoi and Yuri in the tags.
  • Gleipnir - "Claire is a sadistic and utterly twisted girl, with no sense of empathy toward the lives of others." (synopsis of MC). A seinen ecchi with psycho bitch MC? Must check.
  • Kakushigoto (TV) - Original Creator worked on or created many smart comedies (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Uchouten Kazoku), so I give his latest a shot.
  • Kami no Tou - Based on a top 50 manga, so at least the story should be good.
Sequels:

Mar 10, 2020 12:49 AM

Dec 2008
For everyone who remembers the trials and tribulations involved with getting to school on time as a teenager, Chio's School Road is for you! It's my newest goofy pleasure!

Mar 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Feb 2016
@PhillyFlash Chio's School Road was a great time from start to finish. Manana is one of my favorite characters because of how hard she embraces her loser lifestyle and is quick to drag anyone she can down to her level.
Apr 2, 2020 12:27 AM

Dec 2008
Watched the first episode of Tower of God on Crunchyroll last night and found it most interesting.

Apr 10, 2020 2:40 AM

Jun 2019
PhillyFlash said:
Watched the first episode of Tower of God on Crunchyroll last night and found it most interesting.

I just caught up with the first 2 episodes of Tower of God. Agree, looks like this could be an interesting show this season.

I'm also watching:

Gal & Dino (first ep was a bit strange, will persevere, as strange can be fun)
Honzuki S2 -go Maine!
My Next Life As A Villainess
Princess Connect Re Dive
Shachibato
Shironeko
Tsugu Tsugumomo

Just finished Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, absolutely loved it, especially the music!
Apr 10, 2020 10:39 AM
Dec 2018
This season I will give two shows a chance, Gleipnir and Tower of God. Is anyone else going to watch these shows? Also, I am looking forward for new seasons of some shows, but they postponed for obvius reasons. The shows I wait for are Kaguya-sama and RE:Zero. Later in the year; The Rising of the Shield Hero will be awesome to watch, I think!

Take care, y´all!
Apr 16, 2020 4:34 AM

Feb 2020
Watching Tower of God and Fruits Basket S2 of the current airing, otherwise I've recently started March Comes in like a Lion which I'm really enjoying!
Apr 17, 2020 12:05 AM

Feb 2008
Watched the first episodes of HameFura and Kakushigoto today. Will probably watch these two series through to the end. I'm hoping that the former doesn't go downhill like Netjuu no Susume(sic) did. The latter I suspect won't stumble given the show's DNA.
Apr 20, 2020 7:55 AM
Mar 2015
I watch Digimon Adventure 2020. But it is on hold now because of the pandemic. I also have some old leftovers I want to finish.
Apr 21, 2020 10:45 AM

Feb 2016
I originally planned to pick up a lot more, but many were delayed due to covid. Of the ones released, I've started watching:

Appare-Ranman!
BNA
Gleipnir
Kami no Tou
Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle

From previous seasons I've got Black Clover and Plunderer, and from the backlog I've already gotten to the halfway mark of Kimetsu no Yaiba.
Apr 28, 2020 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
I'm also now rewatching DBZ to pass some time!
May 10, 2020 12:40 AM

Dec 2008
I guess these shows I started yesterday are seasonal:

Arte
Drifting Dragons

May 10, 2020 1:44 PM

Jun 2019
What I'm currently watching along with some thoughts now we're half way through the Spring season:

Appare-Ranman - really enjoying this historical comedy based on wacky racers, sad to see it on hold.
Gal & Dino - quirky show with a super hot live action gyaru, Kaede, although the anime version is hotter. Not for everyone this show.
Honzuki S2 - such a beautifully intricate look into the workings of a fantasy world.
Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater - on hold atm
Kaguya sama S2 - on par with the brilliant S1
Tower of God - loving this so far
Wave, Listen to Me - Minare, the MC is one of those MC you instantly fall in love with
OreYubi - interesting premise & story for a vanilla hentai
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! - this has been a surprise hit for me. The writing is superb.
PriConne - much better than I ever expected, funny cgdct with a bumbling guy
Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! - it's ok, the standard isekai model anime
Shironeko - nice animation & some flashy battles, nice to look at
Tsugu Tsugumomo - following on from the astounding S1, I love Kiriha & Kazuya together, they match well

23feanorMay 10, 2020 1:49 PM
May 11, 2020 8:08 AM
Dec 2018
Hello, minna-san.

I am watching the show Gleipnir this season. Is anyone else watching that show?
May 20, 2020 6:41 AM

Aug 2018
filifjonkan said:
Hello, minna-san.

I am watching the show, on episode 6 - not sure I'm enjoying it too much. I wanted to give it a chance but it's insistent random ecchiness annoys me and I'm the plot is close to non sensical
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
May 20, 2020 9:03 AM
Dec 2018
Kaiju_Roo said:
filifjonkan said:
Hello, minna-san.

I am watching the show, on episode 6 - not sure I'm enjoying it too much. I wanted to give it a chance but it's insistent random ecchiness annoys me and I'm the plot is close to non sensical

Thanks for your response! I agree with you on the part where the girls emerge with Suichi nude, is totally uncalled for. It is probably just to lure people to watch it. But the plot..there seems to be so many ways open yet..the alien; what are its plans? The different groups of monsters, what is it with that? I find it quiet interesting, actually.

Peace, friend!!
May 22, 2020 3:20 AM

Aug 2018
filifjonkan said:
Kaiju_Roo said:

Thanks for your response! I agree with you on the part where the girls emerge with Suichi nude, is totally uncalled for. It is probably just to lure people to watch it. But the plot..there seems to be so many ways open yet..the alien; what are its plans? The different groups of monsters, what is it with that? I find it quiet interesting, actually.

Peace, friend!!

I agree, I'm still watching it, i want to know where it's going. The alien thing really gave me Gantz vibes!
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
May 22, 2020 11:21 PM
Sep 2017
Hello,

My spring 2020 list:

- A3!
I play this game and am totally into my fav character, the seiyuu and the butai cast (Summer 2020 on DVD is on it's way, DHL will deliver it today or next week!!), so this anime is a party for me :) Objectively speaking, for a game based anime, it's okay. Well, I've seen worse that is ;)

- Ahiru no Sora
Ongoing series, I like it. Not as catchy as some other sports anime with 1 match spreading over like 8 episodes ;) but it's interesting enough.

- Appare-ranman
Really liked the start of this one! Too bad it's on hold now, looking forward to the continuation.

- Arte
Nice series. I really like the main, even put her in my favourites list :)

- Bungou to Alchemist
Another game adaption I started to watch because of the cast. Not really outstanding, but I'll finish it nonetheless.

- Hachi-nan tte
Nothing special but an entertaining way to spent 24 minutes in the weekend ;)

- Kakushigoto
Surprised me of how much I like it! Story, animation, cast: all top.

- Komatta Jiisan
Cute 1 minute series about an eldery couple.

- Listners
I guess it's a nice series but I doesn't seem to catch me, even after 8 episodes. Waiting for that to happen, or the end of the series ;)

- Nami yo Kiitekure
I like this series. It's something different than usual and that's good :)

- Olympia Kyklos
Short series, funny and I like the animation (for the 5 minutes it lasts, if this were a regular 24 minutes I would probably get irritated by it).

- Otomo game
As an otomo game player I really had to see this series. I don't really know what to think of it but the relatable game elements are enjoyable :)

That's it. Some shows were on my plan to watch but were postponed. Waiting for summer, it'll get busy :)
May 23, 2020 1:05 AM

Dec 2008
Just when I thought I had my fill of isekai shows, I went and started a new one last night:

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me?

Jun 17, 2020 6:04 PM

Apr 2019
Summer 2020 looks pretty bleak with all the Corona fallout, here is what I plan to watch.

Jun 18, 2020 6:39 AM
Nov 2010
I'll give a try to most shows but I'm really looking forward Ikebukuro West Gate Park. I've seen the live-action drama a few years ago and I thought it was good. We just have to see if they make a good job adapting it into anime
Jul 8, 2020 12:08 PM

Apr 2019
Here we go, the first Corona themed anime ... Hulaing Babies Aratame: Staying Babies: The girls formed a hula club but the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has halted further club activity. It will outline various preventative measures against the virus.

Jul 12, 2020 2:38 AM

Jun 2019
A new season is finally underway, here's what I've picked up so far (including shows rolled over from last season that were suspended due to the virus):

Appare Ranman (continued from Spring after being put on hold)

Deca-Dence - this looks really interesting, great premise and interesting characters

Dokyuu Hentai HxEros - simply ecchi with a plot and aliens

Gal & Dino (continued from Spring after being put on hold)

Houkago Teibou Nisshi/Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (continued from Spring after being put on hold)

The Misfit of Demon King Academy - fantasy school with OP protagonist

Monster Girl Doctor - ecchi romance

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time - another ecchi romance, bordering on hentai. A guy becomes a fighting champion & wants to get married to his sexually innocent sweetheart, however he is now the target of many women after becoming champion. A story of how he deals with being tempted. Will he hold out for his sweetheart or will he succumb to temptation?

Re: Zero 2nd Season

SAO Alicization War of the Underworld S2

The God of Highschool - hype shounen battle tournament

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out - easy watching SoL series

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU S3: Oregairu Season 3 - the final installment in the Oregairu franchise. Expect lots of angsty teenage melodrama. Will Hachiman end up with a girlfriend, who will it be, Yukino or Yui (I'm for Yui)?

A last minute addition:

Lapis Re: Light - a cgdct fantasy magic show for some easy relaxed watching
23feanorJul 12, 2020 4:53 AM
Aug 6, 2020 6:09 AM

Feb 2016
With the season fully underway, here's what I decided to pick up, including a few that are returning from pre-COVID (and one I stopped watching):

Appare-Ranman!
Black Clover
Deca-dence
Enen no Shouboutai: Ni No Shou
Monster Musume no Oishasan
Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd season
Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld 2nd Season
Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!

Dropped:

Gibiate - I wanted to give it a fair try because I thought there could be some fun in a cheesy B movie plot with time-traveling samurai saving the modern world from a virus that turns people into bug-monsters and I wasn't as put off by the art style as others were, but there were too many problems here to overlook. First, regardless of artistic preference, the animation is just bad everywhere that counts. The bargain basement CG monsters that look like they were pulled from mid-90s cartoons are an assault to your eyes to begin with, but then they move so poorly that it's hard to be scared of them or see them as much of a threat. And then the traditionally animated characters barely move much better. Everything feels very wooden - people float or slide from one side of the screen to the other, with slow or even unmoving sword strikes that don't feel like there's any weight behind them yet are supposed to be able to slice with ease through creatures who aren't even fazed by bullets most of the time (yet succumb to them when the plot demands). It honestly feels like we're watching a slide show or stick puppet theater whenever there's an "action" scene. Combining the above with strange scene wipes and transitions to other characters in near-still shots killing monsters just makes it even worse. It's like someone discovered slide transitions in Powerpoint for the first time and wanted to make sure they used each one in their class presentation.

Moving past the animation and art, the plot and characters don't do much to salvage anything. I'm not going to criticize the B-movie monster plot or that the heroes of the human race would be traditional Japanese warriors and martial artists from the past, because I was here for that. But I will criticize the facts that A) the heroes aren't entirely bothered by it nor are they all that amazed or interested in the modern world from a technological or cultural standpoint, B) everyone in the modern world both immediately believes and totally accepts that samurai from feudal Japan popped up in the midst of the apocalypse to help them, and C) the bugs are nigh-invulnerable to modern assault rifles and yet are effortlessly destroyed by swords, wires, and fists/clubs wielded by strong buddhist monks. The only exception to the "immune to bullets" aspect of the bugs seems to be Adam (or maybe it was Brian), who dual wields assault rifles, because everyone knows if something is immune to something else, you only need to have 2 of those things to override the immunity. Of course, the bugs are also occasionally not bulletproof, but this only seems to happen once the samurai shows up to signify that the tide has shifted and the good guys are winning. Maybe he has some kind of "bug-vulnerability aura"? Oh, also the bugs are incredibly weak to tazers, but only one person on Earth seems to use one and no one else said, "hey, that seems pretty useful, why don't we all use those instead of these useless guns?" I won't even get into the obvious bad guy plot twist I can see coming without even finishing the series.
Aug 12, 2020 12:02 AM

Dec 2008
Four shows I recently started (in alphabetical order):

Monster Girl Doctor
Rent-A-Girlfriend
The God of High School
The Misfit of Demon King Academy

Aug 15, 2020 7:33 AM
Dec 2018
Hello, everyone!

Although not a seasonal anime, I have soon completed a show called Boku dake ga Inai Machi (or Erased in English).
I have read some reviews on it, and it seems to be the kind of show that divides the community in two parts; haters and lovers. The show is about a young man, able to stop and travel to time. He does that to save a friend from his childhood. I must say that the show has me sitting on the edge of my chair. It is very exciting and I can not say that it is predictable, either. Anyone else who has seen the show and care to share some thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Take care, y´all!!
Aug 15, 2020 7:34 AM
Dec 2018
PhillyFlash said:
Four shows I recently started (in alphabetical order):

Monster Girl Doctor
Rent-A-Girlfriend
The God of High School
The Misfit of Demon King Academy

I am watching two of these shows; Rent a girlfriend and The misfit of Demon King Academy. Two very very different shows, but I do enjoy them both!

Cheers!
Aug 16, 2020 4:08 PM

Apr 2019
After a meager summer season, Fall 2020 is approaching (far too) quickly, and it's packed with interesting shows - partly because of the corona delays from summer. Here's shows I intend to watch from day 1:
Runner ups which I'll keep an eye on and pick up if early ratings and reviews are good.

Aug 20, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2019
inim said:
After a meager summer season, Fall 2020 is approaching (far too) quickly, and it's packed with interesting shows - partly because of the corona delays from summer. Here's shows I intend to watch from day 1:
Runner ups which I'll keep an eye on and pick up if early ratings and reviews are good.

I'm also really looking forward to Fall 2020, partly due to the Covid crisis we're getting a backlog of shows from Spring finally being released. I don't think I've seen so many exciting shows coming up since I started watching seasonal shows in Spring 2019.

Another couple of shows I'm interested in checking out this coming Fall season:

Jujutsu Kaisen
Majo no Tabitabi/The Journey of Elaina
By the Grace of the Gods
Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
Warlords of Sigrdrifa
Aug 21, 2020 4:24 PM
Nov 2010
filifjonkan said:
Hello, everyone!

Although not a seasonal anime, I have soon completed a show called Boku dake ga Inai Machi (or Erased in English).
I have read some reviews on it, and it seems to be the kind of show that divides the community in two parts; haters and lovers. The show is about a young man, able to stop and travel to time. He does that to save a friend from his childhood. I must say that the show has me sitting on the edge of my chair. It is very exciting and I can not say that it is predictable, either. Anyone else who has seen the show and care to share some thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Take care, y´all!!

I saw it a while ago so I don't remember all the details but I remember that I like a lot the first 8-9 ep and was disapointed a lot by the ending. I haven't red the manga so I don't know if they failed at adapting the end. That anime, indeed, divides the community and the way I see it is the lovers that forgive the bad end and the haters that had high expectation and can't forgive such an ending
Oct 3, 2020 12:26 AM

Dec 2008
Fall 2020 shows I'm interested in watching (in alphabetical order):

Attack On Titan, final season
Burn The Witch
Is The Order A Rabbit: Bloom
Iwakakeru: Sport Climbing Girls
Noblesse
Strike Witches: Road To Berlin
PhillyFlashOct 6, 2020 12:33 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » New Member Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Oct 3, 2009

833 by MeganeOverlord »»
3 hours ago

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch

23feanor - Apr 2

47 by whiteflame55 »»
Today, 9:41 AM

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2876 by 23feanor »»
Today, 6:27 AM

Sticky: » Interest Thread for a Group Watch ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

23feanor - Oct 26, 2020

290 by OrlahEhontas »»
Yesterday, 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.