Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 10:01 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Amazing!! The argument Claire had with her father was written so well. It felt so natural, it was just perfect. The last 3 minutes were the best!
Jul 11, 2009 4:10 PM

Jul 2007
Best episode yet I think. Ahhhhh JC. I can't believe that they were siblings. xD
Jan 3, 2011 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
Best episode so far.
Also I don't want Rachel to break off with Luke :( They were cute together.
Sad in the end, JC was a good man, but... in other animes and even in real life a man doesn't die so easily, idk... I mean he died so soon. I know he was hit by a monster, but though...

Edit: And that headmaster was really cool defeating the monsters hehe lol XD
-kassy-Jan 3, 2011 10:13 AM

Feb 5, 2011 11:48 AM

Jan 2009
Well shit just got real, I am really, really excited to find out where this series goes.

And poor JC, he was awesome.
Mar 1, 2011 3:56 AM

Mar 2009
Great action. Too bad JC died. He put up a good fight though.
Mar 19, 2012 1:41 AM

Jul 2011
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo JC!!!!!!!!!!!!! R.I.P JC... seriously i was just starting to like him and lula it seemed like they were starting to get personalities.. and now he's gone.. o but that headmaster and those staff were awesome!! i fucking hate herve and i dislike emilio for helping him.. im also mad at kate for even meeting up with herve if it werent 4 kate herve might still be alive
Sep 22, 2012 4:47 PM

Apr 2011
The fight between Claire & her father was epic, it feels so real! Damn that girl is delusional about her father. He seems like a good man, who worries about his family and wants the best for them (via money).

Hervé was a true monster this episode and here I thought the Doral were defenseless humans, until their awakening, but he was even stronger than a awaken being...

Poor JC... RIP

Anyone notice that one side is mostly powered men and the other side is females?
Sep 6, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
Holy shit. I'm going to miss JC now ;.;
Nov 3, 2013 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
:( JC I WILL MISS YOU.
Damn the headmaster and her friends looked epic! Its like Rose,Kate,Rachel and Clair in the future almost lol.
Idk if i should feel bad for Herve or not. I still hate him.
Dec 17, 2013 3:39 AM

Jun 2010
Poor JC. Noble death though- protecting his sister.
Glad Rose found her dad. This was a sad episode! And now Hervé knows who they are. Bad stuff is gonna happen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was the best.

I loved the direction of the argument between Claire and her father. At first the overlapping speech was a tad bit annoying, especially during the fighting scenes with Rachel's squeaky friends. Even though overlapping during an argument is normal, that doesn't mean it will work anywhere but in real life. However, even with the overlapping of subtitles, it just happens to work for this anime. Actually, I've never seen this style of dialogue in any other anime.

The old principal was kicking ass, and Lula was fighting in heels! I loved it.
Nov 18, 2014 2:33 PM
Jun 2013
wow shit sure hit the fan this episode. The heated argument with clairs dad was well heated. Rachels showing hows shes pretty stupid. Her BF has every right to feel how hes feeling. Shes acting weird,leaves him in the dark then finds her spending time with a teacher in a cafe with zero explanation. She could of just made something up. Im really curious if jessica is legit or is it her trying to get dirt on kate. It was nice rose finally met her dad and he wasint some scum bag. Herves big reveal was him snapping and beating the crap out of everyone. I wonder if what he said was true and since we got the big brawl I hope we get more background info on everything. I do feel bad for herves friend since he actually loves kates sis and wasint using her. Herve just messed it all up for him. Lula is going to go on a rampage now that her brother is dead. Though he didint turn to dust....im confused.
Jan 26, 2015 9:30 AM
Aug 2011
Well , pretty sad about JC , I didn't knew that Herve could fight , and even that he could be that strong.

I felt sad for Kate , but somehow I liked how she expressed her anger and feeling.
May 25, 2020 11:43 AM
Dec 2019
Seems like a pointless death to add drama to me.
Apr 2, 2021 2:18 AM

May 2020
It's a shame Lula didn't die. I liked J.C marginally better, so it's a shame

I guess I'm in the minority but I care more about Herve and the Dolores than I do anyone on Animus's side (with the exception of the girls of course). Until we learn what kind of curse the Animus suffer from, it's hard to feel bad for them, especially since the Dolores curse affects normal innocent people who aren't really bad (except for Herve's uncle. He kinda deserves it.).

Claire's argument with her dad was a great scene. Arguments scenes like that don't really happen in anime, so it took me a while to realise why I found that specific type of talking weird. It's also pretty realistic, with two people talking over each other, trying to be heard.

I don't think the show's writing is great everywhere but when it comes to characters, I think it's really fucking good. Kate, Claire & Herve are pretty great and it's refreshing to see characters like Luke (who in any other show would've been an entitled douchebag) and Claire's dad (who in any other show would've been an emotionless asshole). There are some weak characters (I honestly don't give a shit about Rachel or Rose) but for the most part, I think they're doing a good job on the character front.

The fight scene this week is really good. It was amazing to see the headmistress get in on the action (and she was no slouch either). Anime has more than it's fair share of badass old men and it's a shame there is a very clear lack of asskicking old women.
Sep 17, 2022 11:45 AM

Sep 2017
Well shit has hit the fan. I don't think everything Herve said to Kate is completely true especially because we still don't know the full details of Animus and how it works.

For one thing Herve mentioned that Kate will never get her body back and be able to age. That is suspect because the president of her school said to Paula a few eps ago that she understands what Kate is going through because she's been in the same position. That seems to imply that she was once a "slayer" or w/e yet she is quite old. So either she got back into og body and has aged, her new body can actually age so it's not a big deal, or she was turned into a fighter as an old lady. I mean I guess she could just have always been a normal human who fights but that feels a little suspect given how she was moving around. Tho at the same time Lula and JC were jumping around and Herve specially called JC a human which is probably not what you would refer to them by if they were the undead things.

But yeah it kinda seems like Animus are the "bad guys." Obviously their family was feuding with the beast dudes and the beast dudes stole a book of curses. This had an unintended side effect of cursing them. They can't just give the book back because Animus is an enemy so they won't willingly remove the curse - hence the conflict. I wonder tho what will beast tribe do with the books after they remove the curse. Probably they were taking it originally to try to mess with Animus in some way.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 12 Discussion

mrzkitty - Mar 18, 2012

8 by Missynette »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:23 AM

» Worth Watching?

dustinator1991 - Jul 13, 2023

2 by Caro_Arca »»
Jul 15, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 22 Discussion

Katbot - Jul 11, 2009

34 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 4:07 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 21 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

12 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 3:39 PM

Poll: » Red Garden Episode 20 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 1, 2011

7 by ProofByColor »»
Sep 18, 2022 8:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.