Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Princess
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 15, 2009 4:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, it becomes Night of the Dead.....

Now we probably know why Akasha betrayed the Kougun cult: Shikabane Himes do not go to heaven when 108 corpses are slayed....They are being deceived by the cult... Instead, something horrible happens...and it happened to Akasha's shikabane hime....

The secret of the Kougun cult: WHAT/WHO are in the many coffins of the underground chamber???

Cool Zadan jutsu by Ouri, he definitely improved, by a lot apparently... Since he can defeat Sadahiru in one shot (even though he faked it on purpose)...isn't he a bit too strong now?

And impressively climatic ending: Hokuto used the sacred Shikabane making scroll to counter the purification Zadan jutsu and destroyed the En of all Shikabane. Now, all contract are destroyed....Next episode, all Shikabane goes berserk and start killing their contractor priest.....ouch....

If the whole series was like this, it would have been great....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 20, 2009 5:50 AM

Jul 2008
Its funny because I figured the whole corpse go to heaven thing was bullshit since the first time they mentioned it. I had a feeling that it was just a control device. The Kougan are corrupt and Im taking Akasha's side on this one, the side of love lol. Hopefully Ouri and Makina will to when they discover the truth. It will also be interesting if Akasha's Hime is in one of the coffins.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 20, 2009 9:18 AM

Dec 2008
If Akasha's hime is in a coffin, it would explain why he changed sides so easily, but I'm not understanding how the older himes in the coffins would affect the other contracts. Guess that is just me using my head too much, but as great as the series is finally becoming, there are still so many holes on the storyline to fill. So the question is:

Can they fill them all?
IF they can, then this will be one of the best series I have ever seen. If not, well, you know already how the series will be flamed with an open ending.
Mar 20, 2009 4:36 PM

Jul 2008
The corpse she pierced was the corpse that was laying in the main coffin on top of the platform. That might have something to do with it.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Mar 20, 2009 5:06 PM

Feb 2008
Oh boy, what?
I wonder who this corpse was.
Hokuto was awesome again.
Mar 20, 2009 5:18 PM

Feb 2009
wakka9ca said:
And impressively climatic ending: Hokuto used the sacred Shikabane making scroll to counter the purification Zadan jutsu and destroyed the En of all Shikabane. Now, all contract are destroyed....Next episode, all Shikabane goes berserk and start killing their contractor priest.....ouch....

If the whole series was like this, it would have been great....

Indeed
This epeisode is your regular zombie flicks or the end of the world movie. Where is Alucard when you need him?
Mar 20, 2009 6:07 PM

Feb 2008
well like any good hero vs villain story, you gotta have a big crisis. and then someone will come up and be the savior of all...probably ouri or something. and then some cheerful up beat ending to leave everyone with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Mar 20, 2009 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
Ooh, it's The Mummy!
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 21, 2009 3:00 AM
Mar 2008
Things are picking up and it's turning out pretty good. Hokuto looked badass at the end, Oori randomly picks up a hadouken, and always thought there was something about the 108 thing.
Mar 21, 2009 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
After seeing this episode I'm actually waiting for the next one, it was rather awesome.

I think everybody figured the 108 corpses story was a lie, it seemed a little... convenient. Oori is way too powerful now, Makina seems to have regenerating clothes and Hokuto's boobs grew in size, yet again.

I didn't understand anything that happened though, it was just awesome.
Mar 21, 2009 9:42 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not sure i would jump on the Oori being way too powerful bandwagon. He does seem to have a lot of inherrent power and then there is of course what he gains from having his little guardian "angel" but when he fought to get in that cave, it was stated that hte otehr guy was purposefully hit with his attack, seemingly because he wanted oori to win (they seemed to be kind of friends after all).

Will be interesting to see how things turn out. Makina never became a shikabane hime for the promise of going to heaven and oori wasn't her contacted priest because he wanted to send her to heaven, so i doubt they will instantly turn on the Kougon cult and join the betrayer, but after they defeat him, i'd be surprised if they stay with it.

I doubt the body in the coffin is just Akasha's shikabane hime. probably some sort of focus for their contracts. Not to mention over the years there must have been more shikabane hime that hit their goal than the number of coffins there so not sure the bodies could all be shikabane hime that have "gone to heaven."

Of course with this series, i wouldn't be surprised if Makina dies (either to save oori or just as a release) and oori happily lives on remembering her.
Mar 21, 2009 3:14 PM
Dec 2007
Great direction, great developments, great animation, great BGM and a lot of secrets being revealed. I always knew this series was great. I want more.

When you take everything into account, the script has been very good so far, and this episode is only a step forward in the right direction, it's not like Oori's powers, his relationship with Makina, the high importance of the sacred chamber for the Kougon cult or the contract of the 108 lives for the Shikabane Himes come from nowhere. It was kept hidden when it needed to, and it was revealed when the time was right, that's all. The structure of the anime is really good and the script is very well mastered overall. Then again, GAINAX + Murata is a really cool combination, and if the budget would have been bigger in some episodes, the whole series would have been awesome (not counting that the original material - the manga - is really bad compared to the anime, and didn't really help to make a good series).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2009 4:34 PM

Sep 2007
How come we never get to see the second Shikabane Hime in action of that priest with the sword? D:
Mar 21, 2009 6:43 PM

Oct 2007
wakka9ca said:
Next episode, all Shikabane goes berserk and start killing their contractor priest.....ouch...
Well if you was talking about what we saw in the preview, i think it was more like a flashback about what happened to Akasha's Shikabane Hime after she defeated 108 corpses or more. As for now it seems like every Shikabane Hime are going be to collapsed. And since Makina is a little bit special than the other Shikabane Hime, then she might saved the day somehow with Ori.

Wasabi said:
How come we never get to see the second Shikabane Hime in action of that priest with the sword? D:
LOL yeah, but well we will have to see Akasha's Shikabane Hime in action next episode.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 22, 2009 8:52 AM

Oct 2008
This is the second time since I completed the first season, the feeling of finally understanding something is great yet at the same time, understanding what comes next is actually quite sad... This means...

Let me guess..

Mar 22, 2009 4:52 PM
Apr 2008
Wow, didn't see that coming.
Mar 22, 2009 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Kira01 said:
Careful...
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Mar 27, 2009 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
Weird episode. I guess it was done pretty well, but I did think that the 108 killings was fake, so to see that as the betrayer's only motivation for betraying is weird and lame (if I understand correctly).
Mar 27, 2009 10:38 PM

May 2007
I bet you the corpse in the room are the Shikabane Himes that got the 108 shikabanes killed. Hopefully Ouri can save the day.
My anime list
Mar 30, 2009 9:53 PM

Jun 2007
mitamaking said:
I bet you the corpse in the room are the Shikabane Himes that got the 108 shikabanes killed. Hopefully Ouri can save the day.

Akira (sniper girl) and Makina have already hit that number. Maybe even the girl with two katanas too. I wonder why the cult hasn't done anything about Makina. They had several chances to seal her away.

The coffins obviously have some kind of connection to the Shikabane Hime but it's hard to tell what it is exactly.

Shikabane get a Rune from their monk but it's unclear where the monk gets that rune. Is it a part of their soul or maybe the Rune is originally from a preexisting Shikabane that had already reached 108 corpses. So basically when a Shikabane Hime reaches the magical number of 108, the monks are then able to create a rune from her to pass on to a monk. In either case theres two things that are obviously needed to keep a Shikabane under your control and/or alive a) Your rune and b) The coffin himes.
Apr 1, 2009 5:28 PM

Feb 2009
is animebreaker still subbing Shikabane Hime: Kuro??
mayweather p4p king

Apr 1, 2009 7:52 PM

Jan 2008
imperfek said:
is animebreaker still subbing Shikabane Hime: Kuro??

No, Animebreaker dropped Shikabane hime after receiving C&D letters from funimation. Don't worry though TMD are still subbing it just their releases are a bit slower.
Apr 10, 2009 4:52 PM

Jul 2008
And it's finally admitted that the 108 rule was just a lie. I wonder why though. I mean, of course it gives them a reason to fight Shikabane, but I'm sure there's other ways of doing that. Makina's just being killing them because they killed her family. Definitely enjoyed the pace of this episode. Finally all the secrets are beginning to unravel.
May 19, 2009 7:14 AM

Jun 2008
Meh episode.
Jun 16, 2009 7:08 AM

Jan 2008
Oori just got all powerful all of a sudden :O
Jul 2, 2014 4:51 AM
Mar 2013
Yet another awesome episode.

Finally! Some backstory in Akasha and his Shikabane Hime. So I'm guessing something terrible happened when his Shikabane Hime reached 108 kills.

Maybe the Kongou lied about going to heaven? If that is the case then the he is not the betrayer after all, the kongou is.

Who the heck was the mummy inside of the tomb? It was pretty creepy when the mummy suddenly came to life like that.
Apr 17, 2015 10:10 PM
Jun 2013
well its turn into a zombie flick.wait so something else happens at 108. Hmm wonder what it is. ouri being a badass. dam two more episode left. I wish there was more.
Aug 7, 2017 1:04 PM

May 2015
Damn, next episode preview... I wonder how many Priest are going to die? Or how many are going to kill their Hime? Could some of the Hime/Priest suppress their feelings for the sake of their partner...?
Apr 2, 2018 2:00 PM

May 2016
That was crazy af episode but the thrill was amazing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Mar 28, 2009

99 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:58 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 4 Discussion

wakka9ca - Jan 24, 2009

27 by HyperdriveYT »»
Oct 13, 2022 12:19 AM

Poll: » Shikabane Hime: Kuro Episode 1 Discussion

sniW - Jan 1, 2009

41 by Ronninn »»
May 20, 2022 3:58 AM

» season 3?

gregory003 - Jul 8, 2011

11 by Silent_Shadow05 »»
Oct 22, 2021 12:41 AM

» How to finish story?

Wen_tnuocca - Jul 2, 2021

0 by Wen_tnuocca »»
Jul 2, 2021 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.