Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I give this a 7/10

Not for the plot or anything, its typical pokemon movie story. Idiot bad guy, super pokemon gets confused and pissed off, Satoshi saves the day.

But why rate it so high? For at least trying to link it to other movies together and Arceus vs Dialga/Palkia/Giratina was awesome. I have to give it that much. Arceus is an absolute beast.
Jan 2, 2015 7:39 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
WolfWood37 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I give this a 7/10

Not for the plot or anything, its typical pokemon movie story. Idiot bad guy, super pokemon gets confused and pissed off, Satoshi saves the day.

But why rate it so high? For at least trying to link it to other movies together and Arceus vs Dialga/Palkia/Giratina was awesome. I have to give it that much. Arceus is an absolute beast.

I was amazed how Arceus took on Giratina/Dialga/Palkia all at once. These legendaries are full of brute force, yet Arceus dominated all 3 of them.

I also give props to the movie for bringing the previous battle among Palkia/Dialga/ and Giratina into this. It's probably the first time I've seen a Pokemon movie to that.

Other than that the movie was ok. Heatran was shown as wall.

Sep 14, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
I watched today and it was really awesome! A truly great ending to an awesome trilogy that all tied together thanks to Arceus it seems.

So, Arceus was the reason all the things happened in the two movies before it as it was reawakening from it’s slumber and angry at the people for stealing it’s jewel which wasn’t what that dude wanted to do, the other one hypnotised him! D:

Ash and the gang went back in time which was cool thanks to Dialga, they found out what really happened and the evil dude managed to pour silver all over Arceus and he nearly disappeared, but Ash got the jewel back and Arceus just managed to get it back and in the end Arceus remembered Ash helped him in the past and calmed down!

Then they basically all went on their merry way after much fighting which was amazing to watch!

Arceus was voiced by Manjimutt’s dub voice in Yo-kai wait lol. I was like “it’s Manjimutt! that’s so weird” lol. It doesn’t list it on myanimelist though.

Sheena had a cool name (like the TV show of the same name I wanted to watch on horror channel but always miss) but then her friend is just boring old Kevin lol.

The syncing hearts with Pokemon was cool but a little out there, and funny when one minute they were slightly angry and she said something and it was like “okay I guess” on the Pokemon’s part lol.

They showed cute Shaymin in the end credits again! so kawaii <3~

It was cool seeing Arceus, Palkia, Dialga and Girantina all in one movie and fighting against each other!

It was a fun movie and I liked the links to the previous two! it gets points for that!

Poor Team Rocket in it though! I felt bad for them and the heroes never even saw them!
May 27, 2018 11:17 PM

Sep 2017
THE BEST POKEMON MOVIE TILL DATE

Loved it as a kid

ボールルームダンサー
May 2, 2019 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
The most Christian movie at all. In a good way.
May 10, 2020 2:20 PM

Jan 2013
it was a good little end to the Dialga/Palkia trilogy even though they and Giratina were barely in it lol

yea like some folks in the other thread, Arceus’s voice threw me off but got used to it as the movie plowed through.

i popped for the previous movie characters cameos and see what they were up to especially Darkrai and Shaymin. Cynthia vs Palmer was an interesting battle pair for the introduction.
Oct 29, 2022 1:42 AM

Nov 2012
Good movie, much better than the last one with Shaymin.
Jokes to hear Dan Green voice someone in Pokemon yet again, and was that guy's name Thanos? lol
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 15, 2023 2:14 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3.5   
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 3
[M-Character] - 4  
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 3
[Overall] - 3.5

The whole story is about tie-in together this film and other two films 11&10. this story line focus a lot more on Sheena and her ancestor Damos then on Ash. Tome Ash was just their helping out doing what he need to do to get the jewel back too Arceus, plus Dawn had a few good moments. The animation was good some few shots, really like the beginning with them meeting the two towns kids with the watermelon. Also the life people lived back then with Pokémon was interesting to see... P.S, Heatran was a slave. Arceus vs Dialga,Palkia & Giratina was fine watch. I watched it sub this time and I have to say it's better then the dub, I never got into this movie when I watched it dub a few times.   

CcCharlesMay 15, 2023 2:22 AM
Aug 20, 2023 5:31 AM

Dec 2018
Arceus had such a weird voice for an almighty deity. pichu was the star of the film. The story wasn't very good, but it had its moments. 
Sep 22, 2023 2:30 PM

Jan 2013
Solid movie, especially after Movie 11.
Not as good as Movie 10 which started this trilogy but at least we got a decent ending.

I do think Arceus probably should have some more ways of showing how strong he really is considering it created all of Pokemon and is able to pretty much alter the laws of nature.

7/10
Apr 14, 9:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool film full of action!!
Arceus was very...very...very....ANGRY!!
Time adventure of our kids and pleasure to enjoy with the Arceus strong!!!

6/10

kekeke

More topics from this board

» Arceus' English voice actor...

Psychodrake - Nov 11, 2009

16 by JVskunkape »»
Oct 29, 2022 1:45 AM

» Great movie for the end of the 3 movie chain

Whitzy - Nov 24, 2009

1 by sjak47 »»
Nov 25, 2009 1:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.