Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 29, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Gintama has taken the throne. What chu gonna do FMAB
Dec 29, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
SolBlade said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
SolBlade said:
Aesther said:
Should've seen when Enchousen finished airing. Rating spiked up to 9.3x.

Or when Enchousen started airing. Good times... good times.
The Ikkoku Keisei and Kintama arcs were amazing.

It's #2 now.
ikkou kissei is one of the things i wish i could erase from my memory so i could rewatch it all over again, this song gives me chills because of the scene it played in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E48PeLwh9k
one of the most bittersweet scenes iv seen in anything

seriously that arc was downright poetic

I was moved by that scene... it was pretty tragic yet romantic at the same time. Gintoki vs Oboro was pretty cool as well. It was one of those arcs that I watched more than once.
I liked gintoki vs oboro and all but i just felt a little disconected than you usually do because unlike the villains before him oboro was never really given a relateable side to him, like with itou housen and jiraia they were all still evil men but they had humanity and reasoning behind their actions that made you feel for them, oboro was just kind of a dick

It was because of the amazing storytelling outside of the characterization of the villains that made ikkou kissei so good, but if i had to find one flaw with the arc it was that

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2013 6:24 PM

Sep 2011
ibrahim2712 said:

About to lose the throne. Haters downvoting massively. There was one guy who made like 5+ accounts and rated it 1.
Dec 29, 2013 6:26 PM

Sep 2011
ibrahim2712 said:
be a inanimate object that will continue to be watched and loved by just about everyone

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2013 6:26 PM

Nov 2010
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

About to lose the throne. Haters downvoting massively. There was one guy who made like 5+ accounts and rated it 1.
Don't worry, there are troll accounts made to upvote the movie too.
Dec 29, 2013 6:27 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

why the fuck do either of these have to exist, cant we just use the scoring system like its meant to be used and get show's actual ratings

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 6:28 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

why the fuck do either of these have to exist, cant we just use the scoring system like its meant to be used and get show's actual ratings

Should just give them IP bans.
Dec 29, 2013 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

yes please, make them lose the entire site's access even when not signs it would be great

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 6:32 PM

Nov 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

No because then anime I don't like will be rated higher than shows I do like.

Though it is kind of funny when people complain about troll downvoters when the same thing is being done the opposite that will almost never be caught. They don't care about them.
Dec 29, 2013 6:35 PM

Jun 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

It's like that for quite a few of the top 10. Certain fans care way too much about ratings so they give their favorites an 10 and give the rest a 1.

NotJizzyHitler said:
SolBlade said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
SolBlade said:
Aesther said:
Should've seen when Enchousen finished airing. Rating spiked up to 9.3x.

It's #2 now.
ikkou kissei is one of the things i wish i could erase from my memory so i could rewatch it all over again, this song gives me chills because of the scene it played in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E48PeLwh9k
one of the most bittersweet scenes iv seen in anything

seriously that arc was downright poetic

I was moved by that scene... it was pretty tragic yet romantic at the same time. Gintoki vs Oboro was pretty cool as well. It was one of those arcs that I watched more than once.
I liked gintoki vs oboro and all but i just felt a little disconected than you usually do because unlike the villains before him oboro was never really given a relateable side to him, like with itou housen and jiraia they were all still evil men but they had humanity and reasoning behind their actions that made you feel for them, oboro was just kind of a dick

It was because of the amazing storytelling outside of the characterization of the villains that made ikkou kissei so good, but if i had to find one flaw with the arc it was that

That's true. A backstory for Oboro and Nobume would be nice, I'm sure Sorachi is planning something like that or has already done it in the manga.
Even Takasugi is humanized despite being on screen for small periods of time. Though in his case he's just a more extreme version of Katsura in terms of idaels.

Dec 29, 2013 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

Though it is kind of funny when people complain about troll downvoters when the same thing is being done the opposite that will almost never be caught. They don't care about them.

I complain about both sides of the equation, but I usually find 1/10 on shows I like than I do of 10/10 on ones I like. For example, I haven't seen a rating account put 10/10 for this movie and 1/10 for others with less than 50- shows. Neither of them should exist but I guess just simply blocking peoples access to the site is too hard. Hell, they haven't done anything about all the accounts on the illegitimate account thread in months.
Dec 29, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

yah its really shitty that this happens, mainly since alot of the people that religiously look for troll votes usually are the ones wanted to keep a certain show at its rank so they usually skip the ones rating it high

Though it can be argued its rare that there are troll accounts that just rate things up since most usually rate down something as well as rate up something as well

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 6:40 PM
Oct 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

That's why IP ban as it would cover both troll accounts.
Dec 29, 2013 6:43 PM
Oct 2013
I've watched this movie and I like it. You can't rate it 10 or 1 for all I care, rating doesn't matter.
Dec 29, 2013 6:48 PM

Sep 2011
SolBlade said:
quote tower a woo hoo

That's true. A backstory for Oboro and Nobume would be nice, I'm sure Sorachi is planning something like that or has already done it in the manga.
Even Takasugi is humanized despite being on screen for small periods of time. Though in his case he's just a more extreme version of Katsura in terms of idaels.
Im always a bit suspicious about how far sorachi thinks ahead with thing given that i recall his writing process as he goes out on long walks and wings it. Though ikkou kissei definetly had some thought put into what comes after, that arc was building up WAY too many things for him to not have something planned

though the big thing that makes me think sorachi doesn't have anything particularly planned is how little weve seen of kamui especially recently

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2013
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

He sure has a lot of free time.
Dec 29, 2013 6:50 PM

Nov 2010
NotJizzyHitler said:
yah its really shitty that this happens, mainly since alot of the people that religiously look for troll votes usually are the ones wanted to keep a certain show at its rank so they usually skip the ones rating it high

Though it can be argued its rare that there are troll accounts that just rate things up since most usually rate down something as well as rate up something as well
Well that's the thing, I went through all of One Piece's 1-2s looking for troll votes but that is only about 1,400 users, if I would have looked for even just the 10s that would be 55,000 users. Ain't going through that. Though I did find some while searching through FMAB's 1s, kinda felt like I was undoing my work with One Piece, but since they were troll accounts I had to report them.

Well I don't know if you would say it's rare but you see less or almost none of them because like I said, no one is going to go through the 10 votes which are usually hundreds of times more than the 1s. Each anime could have a large amount but we don't know. If someone rated only an anime a 10, it would be very hard if not impossible for someone to catch them.
Dec 29, 2013 6:52 PM

Sep 2012
The Steins;Gate fans are fighting back lol. They raised the score a whole point. And the Gintama movie is number one but it's at 9.20 and FMAB is at 9.22. How the hell does that work? Is it not updating right?
Dec 29, 2013 6:53 PM

Sep 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Well that's the thing, I went through all of One Piece's 1-2s looking for troll votes but that is only about 1,400 users, if I would have looked for even just the 10s that would be 55,000 users. Ain't going through that. Though I did find some while searching through FMAB's 1s, kinda felt like I was undoing my work with One Piece, but since they were troll accounts I had to report them.

Well I don't know if you would say it's rare but you see less or almost none of them because like I said, no one is going to go through the 10 votes which are usually hundreds of times more than the 1s. Each anime could have a large amount but we don't know. If someone rated only an anime a 10, it would be very hard if not impossible for someone to catch them.
that is true, sometimes when i rarely get in the mood of searching for invalid accounts i have a hard time telling if some people seriously just give things 10's, and in some cases just 10's and 1's(cause some people actually just do that)

I think with something like gintama and one piece its easier to find the trolls, since they will usually give 1's to all the mal entries, like i doubt the existence of someone that watched all the one piece movies as well as the show only to give all of them 1

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 6:57 PM

Jun 2011
Reverb_Shock said:
The Steins;Gate fans are fighting back lol. They raised the score a whole point. And the Gintama movie is number one but it's at 9.20 and FMAB is at 9.22. How the hell does that work? Is it not updating right?

Because it's Gintama. Your logic doesn't apply :P
I'm totally fine with Steins;Gate and FMA beating Gintama. All 3 are my favorites. Clannad isn't nearly as dear to me as those three (it's still good though) but I don't really care too much about it anymore.

Dec 29, 2013 7:01 PM

Jun 2013
SolBlade said:
Reverb_Shock said:

I'm totally fine with Steins;Gate and FMA beating Gintama. All 3 are my favorites. Clannad isn't nearly as dear to me as those three (it's still good though) but I don't really care too much about it anymore.

Gintama should be #2 because it's silver!
Dec 29, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2010
Reverb_Shock said:
The ranks only update twice a day. I believe at midnight PST they should change.

NotJizzyHitler said:
that is true, sometimes when i rarely get in the mood of searching for invalid accounts i have a hard time telling if some people seriously just give things 10's, and in some cases just 10's and 1's(cause some people actually just do that)

I think with something like gintama and one piece its easier to find the trolls, since they will usually give 1's to all the mal entries, like i doubt the existence of someone that watched all the one piece movies as well as the show only to give all of them 1
Yeah, though I also look at the join dates(see how long ago they last logged in, see if they're the same or near each other), if there are any accounts who give the same score that have a similar name, etc. I usually stick to reporting the ones I really know are trolls, usually give my reasoning, let Kineta sort them out.

Yeah, that's possible. Though some legit users actually add the other parts of a series and rate it low just because. I saw someone do that with Naruto, dropped the first series after the third episode and rated it low, so they added the second one just to rate it low too.
Dec 29, 2013 7:03 PM

Jun 2011
BakaAniki said:
SolBlade said:
Reverb_Shock said:

Gintama should be #2 because it's silver!

In that case Kintama should be #1 :P

Dec 29, 2013 8:03 PM
Dec 2012
Only 2 types of anime make me give a 10, when i really enjoy it a lot or when they make me cry. The movie did both, so... yeah =D
Dec 29, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
Korangi said:
Only 2 types of anime make me give a 10, when i really enjoy it a lot or when they make me cry. The movie did both, so... yeah =D

gintama enchousen made me tear up even more.

NotJizzyHitler said:

Without troll votes, Brotherhood would probably be rank 1000.
You never know.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Huge_Ego said:
Korangi said:

the movie was more touching than it was sad, though
Death was pretty hard to watch, enchousen is downright depressing especially the ikkou kissei arc, i also think the beam saber arc was really underated, thought it portrayed some really strong emotions and did a good job making arguably the worst characters in gintama have some depth(otae and shinpachi) though for the former the movie did a better job at that

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 29, 2013 8:15 PM
Dec 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Huge_Ego said:
Korangi said:

the movie was more touching than it was sad, though
Death was pretty hard to watch, enchousen is downright depressing especially the ikkou kissei arc, i also think the beam saber arc was really underated

True, to me it was sad because i started thinking if it really was the last time i was seeing those characters. They sure made it look like that and there is still no news of the anime but i still have hope.
Dec 29, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
I just watched it, and it was amazing, easily a 10. It really reminded me of Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu as well. I guess a lot of anime that have something to do with going to the past and redoing things and whatnot give huge mindfucks to people and they enjoy it (take Steins;Gate and Suzumiya Haruhi no Shoushitsu for example..). The comedy was also great. I can understand why it's at number 1 at the moment, but as stated by others, most of the people that have watched it until now are the people that love Gintama. After a few months the rating will probably go down.
Dec 30, 2013 12:23 AM

Mar 2013
SolBlade said:

It's #2 now.

The writing in Ikkoku Keissei was film-quality to be honest. Also loved the artwork/animation and sound design. Not to mention the arc also had my personal favorite Gintama Opening ever. I think for a mind like Sorachi's, he must try writing something longer than 40 chapters.
AngrySashimiDec 30, 2013 12:26 AM
Dec 30, 2013 12:25 AM
Dec 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
SolBlade said:
quote tower a woo hoo

Im always a bit suspicious about how far sorachi thinks ahead with thing given that i recall his writing process as he goes out on long walks and wings it. Though ikkou kissei definetly had some thought put into what comes after, that arc was building up WAY too many things for him to not have something planned

though the big thing that makes me think sorachi doesn't have anything particularly planned is how little weve seen of kamui especially recently

Tendoshu, The foundation of the evil, At least there's gonna a big war to settle this series and I doubt it will happen :p
Wonder if Sorachi has thought about it hmmm =.=
Dec 30, 2013 1:24 AM

Jun 2012
Pretty annoying that it dropped back down to 9.20. I really can't tell if it's because of legit votes, or pissed off fanboys who care way too much about their anime getting topped by the movie.

I honestly thought the movie was really amazing though.
Dec 30, 2013 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
EliteShadowMan said:
Pretty annoying that it dropped back down to 9.20. I really can't tell if it's because of legit votes, or pissed off fanboys who care way too much about their anime getting topped by the movie.

Probably the second. Just like Clannaiids fanboys did to Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
Dec 30, 2013 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
Hessel_ said:
EliteShadowMan said:

Probably the second. Just like Clannaiids fanboys did to Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
LOL LOTGH has so much hater scores. I wonder if the same will happen to this movie. It is already starting though.
Dec 30, 2013 3:59 AM

Jan 2013
Mr7Beans said:
I'm just gonna leave this here
http://myanimelist.net/profile/yukikenzo/reviews
btw check his list xD

He rated gintama at 1 and to rate Snk,Steins;gate and FMA:B at 10. Why does he even care about the MAL top anime ?
Dec 30, 2013 4:15 AM

Jul 2013
Mr7Beans said:
btw check his list xD

I saw that asshole. This is his/her new account. I'm sure he/she are jealous because Gintama is going to talk no.1!
Dec 30, 2013 4:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
136_bloodygore said:
Mr7Beans said:
btw check his list xD

I saw that asshole. This is his/her new account. I'm sure he/she are jealous because Gintama is going to talk no.1!
it already was #1 for a few hours, it's currently going downwards again
Dec 30, 2013 4:24 AM

Jul 2013
HaXXspetten said:
136_bloodygore said:
Mr7Beans said:
btw check his list xD

it already was #1 for a few hours, it's currently going downwards again

Really? Shit!
Dec 30, 2013 5:00 AM
Dec 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Tyrel said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

NotJizzyHitler said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Tyrel said:
ibrahim2712 said:

yes please, make them lose the entire site's access even when not signs it would be great

I agree, But I think they will use VPN =.="
Dec 30, 2013 5:07 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
or just take all the numerical scores on the entire site with a grain of salt like you're supposed to?
Dec 30, 2013 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
It's a warzone! Steins; Gate, FMAB and Gintama is clashing out!

What's up with all these over exaggerations? Stop acting like a bunch of faggots and move on with your life.
Dec 30, 2013 7:53 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
AqworldThunder said:

What's up with all these over exaggerations? Stop acting like a bunch of faggots and move on with your life.
dunno if Steins is really part of it as much, mostly just FMA:B vs Gintama atm as far as I see it at least

although Steins has been fluctuating up to 9.17 for the first time in like a year so maybe that's related, idk maybe
Dec 30, 2013 8:30 AM

Jul 2013
Mr7Beans said:
btw check his list xD

Lol, at all of those unnecessary comments. It was obviously a troll account, it isn't like he is going to make a legit response, if respond at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2013 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
HaXXspetten said:
AqworldThunder said:

dunno if Steins is really part of it as much, mostly just FMA:B vs Gintama atm as far as I see it at least

although Steins has been fluctuating up to 9.17 for the first time in like a year so maybe that's related, idk maybe

It's more like FMA:B and S;G teaming up against Gintama.
Dec 30, 2013 9:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
BakaAniki said:
HaXXspetten said:
AqworldThunder said:

It's more like FMA:B and S;G teaming up against Gintama.
S;G was behind Gintama' up until like a month ago though so it's not like this is anything the fanboys in that camp aren't used to already
Dec 30, 2013 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
it will be know as the war of the insignifigant

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 30, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2010
Huge_Ego said:
Mr7Beans said:
btw check his list xD

Lol, at all of those unnecessary comments. It was obviously a troll account, it isn't like he is going to make a legit response, if respond at all.
I know, they make me facepalm so damn hard. All troll review accounts get it. A lot of people saying "Great review", "Best review ever on MAL.", etc.
Dec 30, 2013 10:22 AM

Feb 2012
Wow clearly those who are down voting this Movie has no idea what Gintama is. Too bad your Naruto or Bleach got shot down so hard.

For those who are saying this will go down like how Shingeki no Kyoujin did, please use your brains.
Shingeki was at Rank 6 at that time, but it only had half the episode on its first season. So people will still change their mind on their ranking.

And this movie has only one episode, therefor only 5% or less people who overall ranked this movie will change their mind.

Why are you haters giving too many reasons that this doesn't deserve or this ranking is not fair. Lol, too many Naruto fanboys got butthurt i guess?.

And this ranking is not about how popular the show is, this is about the QUALITY of the SHOW and not QUANTITY.

One Piece Film Z is about 100k+ members and it's ranked down to 35. Gezzuz this people. Making MAL community look bad.
Found this user profile on MAL once, I laughed my ass off once I saw his profile. Too bad he updated it now. Shame I got a screenshot of it. Best Favorite Anime list ever on MAL.

NotJizzyHitler's profile: http://i.imgur.com/yBOV24Z.png
Dec 30, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2010
tokiyashiro said:
Wow clearly those who are down voting this Movie has no idea what Gintama is. Too bad your Naruto or Bleach got shot down so hard.

For those who are saying this will go down like how Shingeki no Kyoujin did, please use your brains.
Shingeki was at Rank 6 at that time, but it only had half the episode on its first season. So people will still change their mind on their ranking.

And this movie has only one episode, therefor only 5% or less people who overall ranked this movie will change their mind.

Why are you haters giving too many reasons that this doesn't deserve or this ranking is not fair. Lol, too many Naruto fanboys got butthurt i guess?.

And this ranking is not about how popular the show is, this is about the QUALITY of the SHOW and not QUANTITY.

One Piece Film Z is about 100k+ members and it's ranked down to 35. Gezzuz this people. Making MAL community look bad.
Gintama' and Enchousen were both ranked at 1st at first and then dropped down to 4th and 5th after they had ended so this most likely will go down. No movies stay at the top.

You forget new people watching them, not just people "changing their minds".

You seem awful defensive towards Naruto fans. I bet you don't even have a good reason behind suspecting Naruto fans, just blind hating.

And popularity affects how fast and how much it will rise or fall.
Dec 30, 2013 10:28 AM

Sep 2011
tokiyashiro said:

You know what also makes the Mal community look bad? people like you that insult others that dont like what you like even bringing up other fandoms that arent even a part of the insignificant conflict going on now.

Quit shoving your fandom down other's throats, you just make the entire fanbase look like assholes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 30, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
And so the war rages on..... Helpful tip to Steins;Gate fanboys like myself. Go to the top anime page, click top anime TV series and BAM! No more Gintama movie, rejoice!

Seriously people, I don't like this movie getting rated so high, but that's no reason to troll vote...And at least troll less obviously, score it a 2. That's much less suspicious.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

myth720 - Jul 6, 2013

418 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.