Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »
Feb 8, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2009
Romeo said:
now i'm even more confused, sorry xD

but i've just read that the fate/zero story was never actually in the visual novel? it was released as a light novel... and i still consider it part of the main story

so i should be able to accept this 2014 original anime as part of the whole story/universe as well =)

i think i'll just read what happens in Fate/hollow ataraxia (sequel to fate/stay night) later...

there's only... fate/zero --> fate/stay night --> Fate/hollow ataraxia, correct? (talking about the main story)

Everyone sane considers FZ as part of the main story.
FSN is just 3 possible future putcomes.

Hollow Ataraxia isnt exactly "main story" but it is canon.

Fai said:
ssjokg said:
Even if it is a new story, you can take it as a new route.We know they exist ,they just wont be adaptations since they are in he VN.So it will still be a canon "main story".

As for story after FSN,there is a bit in Hollow Ataraxia.Other than that

Not really correct

Feb 8, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Romeo said:
now i'm even more confused, sorry xD

but i've just read that the fate/zero story was never actually in the visual novel? it was released as a light novel... and i still consider it part of the main story

so i should be able to accept this 2014 original anime as part of the whole story/universe as well =)

i think i'll just read what happens in Fate/hollow ataraxia (sequel to fate/stay night) later...

there's only... fate/zero --> fate/stay night --> Fate/hollow ataraxia, correct? (talking about the main story)

There's no "main" story.

Its alternate realities with different decisions causing the world to be entirely different(think: Steins;Gate), all existing at once as separate worlds (Think: Tsubasa Chronicle). All of them are equally canon. There's no "main" one.

Fate/Zero is a common point for all three FSN routes, with FSN splitting off into three different realities near the start of its story, depending on an action the lead character can take.

Hollow Ataraxia does not follow either of the three routes, but is a "sequel".
Feb 8, 2014 7:34 AM

Jun 2011
Indeed, hyped! Great preview and OST, Emiya looks better in this preview than he was in the first FSN anime.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 8, 2014 7:48 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Feb 8, 2014 8:00 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:

Feb 8, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
ssjokg said:

Feb 9, 2014 2:12 AM

Sep 2013
I can't help but be amazed everytime I see this. I can't wait till October, it sure looks awesome :D.
Feb 9, 2014 5:03 AM

Mar 2011
ssjokg how did you jump to that conclusion regarding Rin?

Raziel1991Feb 9, 2014 2:01 PM
Feb 9, 2014 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
Forgetfulness said:
I wonder if we'll have to wait an extra day or so for each episode just to get UTW's subs :|
I will probably experience most of the ep here, while defending/explaining shit that newbies/elitists dont understand/dont want to understand.
This has nothing to do with ufotable failing or not.Same thing happened with FZ and Railgun S(1-16).
Feb 9, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:
I wonder if we'll have to wait an extra day or so for each episode just to get UTW's subs :|
I will probably experience most of the ep here, while defending/explaining shit that newbies/elitists dont understand/dont want to understand.
This has nothing to do with ufotable failing or not.Same thing happened with FZ and Railgun S(1-16).

Yeah, I remember this. Like "why didn't she jump out of the plane?" and stuff like that.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 9, 2014 10:20 PM

Aug 2009
insan3Spectre said:
ssjokg said:
Forgetfulness said:

Yeah, I remember this. Like "why didn't she jump out of the plane?" and stuff like that.
Best one was when someone assumed she knew Time Alter.And he had experience with TM works before.
Feb 10, 2014 7:22 AM

Aug 2009
WHat I still cant understand,except how he thought she knew Emiya family's magecraft, is how Time Alter would help her even if she had it.
Feb 10, 2014 7:51 AM

Jan 2014
so hyped for this one ^^
Feb 10, 2014 8:14 AM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:
WHat I still cant understand,except how he thought she knew Emiya family's magecraft, is how Time Alter would help her even if she had it.

She can go back in time to the point before the screw up and fix it. Duh.
Feb 10, 2014 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

Thank god I saw your username.

It would have been a somewhat ugly reply otherwise....
Feb 10, 2014 10:22 AM

Nov 2013
Forgetfulness said:

Just like that one criticism of "why can't Kiritsugu just freeze time and kill everybody, Homura-style?"

Basically what happens when people forget to pay attention when watching/reading.
Also, Homura's powers are kinda OP.

ssjokg said:
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

Thank god I saw your username.

It would have been a somewhat ugly reply otherwise....

Yes I can imagine what would happen if someone said this for real , I lucked out lol
Feb 14, 2014 3:54 PM

Feb 2010
The Einzbern Consultation Room explain much things about Fate in general, and ironically, most people don't bother to watch it.
Feb 15, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
I was thinking since this is an a new FSN not connected to the visual novels. It be pretty funny if for once Lancer didn't get killed.
Feb 15, 2014 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I was thinking since this is an a new FSN not connected to the visual novels. It be pretty funny if for once Lancer didn't get killed.

I don't remember reading anywhere that it won't be connected to the VN.
Feb 15, 2014 3:51 PM

Jul 2007
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
I was thinking since this is an a new FSN not connected to the visual novels.

We do not know what route the remake will cover.
Feb 16, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2010
So much expected hype. I think the studio will really somehow manage to mix the three routes into one, given how Rider and Archer is placed in front of Saber in the promotional poster. I hope they won't screw up the characters, especially Gilgamesh. He was badass in F/Z, but in HF it feels like they put him there just for the sake of showing up and die.
Reim_SeranthFeb 16, 2014 10:04 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Feb 16, 2014 11:15 PM

Jul 2007
Reim_Seranth said:
So much expected hype. I think the studio will really somehow manage to mix the three routes into one, given how Rider and Archer is placed in front of Saber in the promotional poster. I hope they won't screw up the characters, especially Gilgamesh. He was badass in F/Z, but in HF it feels like they put him there just for the sake of showing up and die.

Saber Rider and Archer are placed in front because they are the three main servants. They are always placed in front. Its either them or Shirou, Sakura, Rin and Saber, that always star. Its not indicative of any route.
Feb 17, 2014 2:12 AM

Aug 2009
Reim_Seranth said:

Archer is badass in every route but we know how he ends up.Same for Berserker.
Feb 17, 2014 6:42 AM

Jul 2007
ssjokg said:
Reim_Seranth said:

Archer is badass in every route but we know how he ends up.Same for Berserker.

Which does not change the fact that if not for two routes before it, it would be a fucking bad writing
Feb 17, 2014 7:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Videos dont load up n those links provided, guess I have to wait...
Feb 18, 2014 12:25 AM

Apr 2012
Fai said:
Reim_Seranth said:

Saber Rider and Archer are placed in front because they are the three main servants. They are always placed in front. Its either them or Shirou, Sakura, Rin and Saber, that always star. Its not indicative of any route.

But that casual Gil in the promo poster worries me that it might be UBW.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 18, 2014 6:24 AM

Nov 2013
(That) Casual Gil also appears in the Prologue, so you never know...
Feb 18, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2007
BloodRequiem said:
Fai said:
Reim_Seranth said:

But that casual Gil in the promo poster worries me that it might be UBW.

Prologue:
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jPrO2.jpg

Litterally one of the first "huh, wtf?" moments of build up about Sakura the vn has, way before her reveal.

I wish it was UBW, but I hope its fate followed by UBW announcement after that.
Feb 19, 2014 11:24 PM

Apr 2012
Apparently this is the new anime original plot here. Genderbent Shirou.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/1713/9nja.png

As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Feb 19, 2014 11:52 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Apparently this is the new anime original plot here. Genderbent Shirou.

http://imageshack.com/a/img801/1713/9nja.png

The movies isnt that new so..sorry BR but 2/10 because I did click the link.
Feb 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Sep 2011
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

From the Synopsis on MAL's page.

It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling.

I'm not sure if this means that it wont be connected to the VN or it wont be a remake of the original anime.
Feb 24, 2014 3:47 PM

Aug 2009
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

It will be a new story outside of the original work, but is very important and near Fate/Zero in terms of feeling.

I'm not sure if this means that it wont be connected to the VN or it wont be a remake of the original anime.

Mal's synopsis sucks.
Feb 24, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2007
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

oh what a cute post.

Citing something ANYONE OF MAL USERS CAN EDIT as a proof.
Feb 25, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

Thing is, there's no 'source.' If there was, we can at least rely on how credible that source is.
Feb 28, 2014 11:00 AM

Sep 2011
Fai said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

oh what a cute post.

I wasn't using this as proof. Also my response wasn't an attack to your response, so I don't really see why you needed to reply with that passive aggressive remark.

What I quoted was what was said on the MAL news team article on this anime. Would you care to tell me your sources and what you know about the upcoming anime. When I was replying to you I meant it as a question more than an answer. All I know about this anime is what I read on this site, and I have no reason to distrust the MAL news team yet. Most of what they report is accurate, most of the time.
FullmetalRaikouFeb 28, 2014 11:08 AM
Feb 28, 2014 12:58 PM

Nov 2013
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Fai said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

oh what a cute post.

I wasn't using this as proof. Also my response wasn't an attack to your response, so I don't really see why you needed to reply with that passive aggressive remark.

What I quoted was what was said on the MAL news team article on this anime. Would you care to tell me your sources and what you know about the upcoming anime. When I was replying to you I meant it as a question more than an answer. All I know about this anime is what I read on this site, and I have no reason to distrust the MAL news team yet. Most of what they report is accurate, most of the time.

All that was in the announcement is stuff about new costumes for characters and new "additional" information that is not in the original VN will be added to this anime. There was nothing about what kind of route it will take.

Fai's response may not have been the nicest way to put it. But months of people saying "it's hf route adaptation omgwtfbbq" without any proof can be very annoying. This situation is very similar since not much info on the project is known. You can speculate at best.
Feb 28, 2014 1:43 PM

Sep 2011
Botato said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Fai said:
Uriel_The_Fourth said:

oh what a cute post.

All that was in the announcement is stuff about new costumes for characters and new "additional" information that is not in the original VN will be added to this anime. There was nothing about what kind of route it will take.

Fai's response may not have been the nicest way to put it. But months of people saying "it's hf route adaptation omgwtfbbq" without any proof can be very annoying. This situation is very similar since not much info on the project is known. You can speculate at best.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the explanation.
Mar 5, 2014 9:13 PM
Apr 2012
Hype train has entered the station

and I am throwing all my money at the conductor
Mar 5, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2012
All aboard, the hype train is commencing
Mar 5, 2014 9:35 PM
Nov 2013
You guys late to the party? It'l be almost a month since we got new pics. I was hoping they'd release new media every now and then but looks like no. My hype is gone.
Mar 6, 2014 9:26 AM

Nov 2013
Hold on why is the news topic locked? What if we get new info?
Mar 6, 2014 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
Botato said:

50% due to trolling most likely
50% since its MAL (they did not even add a database entry till Jan 30 even though it was known this is happening), don't ask why such strange bias.
Mar 6, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2013
Fai said:
Botato said:

50% since its MAL (they did not even add a database entry till Jan 30 even though it was known this is happening), don't ask why such strange bias.

They could have just deleted troll posts :\
I hope they don't lock this one too.
Mar 6, 2014 12:53 PM
Dec 2013
OMFG YESYEYYYEYYYEYEYEYESZXYSYYS!!!
Mar 6, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Fai said:
Botato said:

Nah, apparently it's some new policy MAL has to lock news topics of over a certain age. Doesn't matter whether or not there will be new info, and I find it quite dumb to be honest.
Pages (10) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

856 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.