Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 21, 2013 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
What a surprise, they animated even Ogiue BL doujinshi even some its lewd scenes with cheesy music - this has to be best yaoi parody ever! :D Not to mention everyone took part there, even Kuchiki, lol :)) And Kasukabe is still confused about those sketches she saw in Ogiue's sketchbook. Next episode should be great!
Nov 6, 2013 9:43 PM

May 2012
Well... this was certainly interesting. I'm not a fan of yaoi, so I was mostly grossed out by this episode, not to mention seeing the characters like this is just weird o.O But it was funny I suppose.
Dec 15, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2013
Oh man the first time I watched this episode it was on the lounge room with my little brother and mum XD I had no idea what was gonna happen in this episode, as soon as the yaoi came on I don't think I'd ever seen such a surprised look on my brothers face! XD maybe ive scared him for life or who knows, I may have a fundanshi sibling. Hahaha

All that aside well done Oguie, you made one of the most entertaining episodes in the shows history.
Sep 24, 2014 2:09 AM

Feb 2013
Ogiue imagination sure ran. Damn, that was hilarious. The whole change in art style and the scenarios. That was pretty damn funny. Great episode.
Dec 1, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
Lmao!! I can't stand yaoi but this episode was hilarious. By far the funniest episode in the entire series.
Feb 11, 2015 7:23 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
ho god ...
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 21, 2015 7:34 AM

Nov 2011
Episode very tasty, the arc of Ogi-chin seems to have taken the beginning, now we will know more of his character, as the start is not bad.
Storytelling fun in its own way, even if the best parts are when engaging Saki and Ohno.
Drawings and animations as good quality, soundtrack valid.
Ogi-chan shows to have a vivid imagination and represents the figure of Saki in a form never seen before, it was very hot her performance in the dream, LOL!
May 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Mar 2013
lol, looks like eren is now looking for boy's love rather than killing titans
Jun 3, 2015 9:13 PM

Jan 2010
Ogiue has a pair of yaoi goggles.

How about that.
Jan 1, 2016 12:18 AM

Jan 2010
One of the best episodes of the whole show! Pure entertainment from start to finish. You don't need to be a yaoi fan to enjoy it, just have an open mind and some basic knowledge about anime in order to enjoy the hilarity of the yaoi parody scenes. Clearly what many commenters in this topic lack. I was really disappointed to see so many ignorant and bigoted comments from people who are totally unable to see beyond their pathetic prejudices.
Jan 8, 2016 5:23 PM

Apr 2011
It's so funny seeing people triggered by yaoi. This was a top tier episode.
Jul 16, 2016 6:56 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I thought the episode was very well done. I may not have felt fully interested in the BL very much, but the misunderstandings were great. Looking forward to the continuation of this arc.
Dec 8, 2016 2:35 PM

Feb 2013
It was so funny seeing her thoughts about all of them.
Yaoi isn't that bad in comedy.
Jul 30, 2017 9:23 PM

Oct 2012
That tsugaru accent❤
I completely forgot that Ogiue is a fujoshi xD

Lewd!!
Now I finally understand what's going on in fujoshi's brain, thank you Genshiken xD
Rayl1ghtJul 30, 2017 9:41 PM
"Signature removed"
Dec 2, 2017 3:17 AM
Mar 2016
I didn't like this episode. I know most of you found this funny, so I can't bash it.
Jan 28, 2018 12:55 PM

May 2008
Man, this episode was worth watching both seasons of Genshiken!! Sooo relatable to a fujoshi XD
Feb 12, 2022 1:52 PM

Mar 2021
Dogshit episode, no need for all the retarded yaoi scenes
Sep 14, 2022 11:34 AM

Jan 2020
Oguie thought these guys were pulling on lewd things and she still opened the door. It's unhealthy to suppress such lust. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

All her fantasies tell me is that she needs to get laid, desperately.

Other than that, the yaoi stuff was actually pretty funny. Just like, how over-the-top ridiculous it can get. Some of the dialogue is just insane to the point of being silly.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Oct 14, 2022 3:24 PM

Jul 2009
Disgusting episode, hoping the upcoming arc of making the comic doesn't spiral back into this bullshit.

rodac said:
I wonder what percentage of the people (males probably) expressing outrage over the yaoi would object as much if it were a yuri themed episode? Face it, a number of female otaku are fujoshi and a number of male otaku like yuri. I prefer straight romance or true harem endings (I want to get one of those bracelets saying "What would Momo do?" (To Love Ru--Darkness reference).) but I don't mind if something else floats your boat.

Fact is, this was a well-done episode and really got us into what is going on in Oguie's mind. I think the next couple of episodes will probably be about Oguie coming to term with who she is (and I suspect some past negative experiences). She certainly has been in denial of her own otaku nature thus far.

Weak argument.
I'm watching Genshiken with a friend (both males) and we were already not enjoying how Season 2 has way more fanservice (boing boobs and whatnot). One episode prior, we get Oono and Tanaka french kissing exaggeratedly so, and we were both not amused by it. Having them kiss is okay, having them kiss this graphically and for so long was too much.

It has nothing to do with gay or straight, but with how gratuitously sexual it is. There would be no complaints from my part about the yaoi scenes if they stopped the her daydreams a few cuts before, with no touching/moaning and just implicit contact.
I'm not interested in watching hentai, so I don't get why they're peppering full-on ecchi everywhere this season. Definitely a turn down, had it been about girls it would also be uncomfortable (on the next episode, there is a straight scene that is also very off-putting and tone-deaf).

Sure, a lot of people would like it (just like a lot of people liked the yaoi), but the point everyone seems to miss is not whether it's straight or not, but how explicit it is.
Tasteful is always an option.
CAMPAIGN: If you write an anime review, please make it short.
You're not a writer, Jim, I want meta-information, not a teenager's impression of a clickbait journalist.

Jul 5, 2023 10:48 PM

Jun 2021
...How did they make me watch yaoi?
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 25, 2007

94 by Euroqean »»
Nov 7, 2023 3:45 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Nov 1, 2007

87 by Euroqean »»
Nov 1, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

97 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

60 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 6, 2023 11:02 PM

Poll: » Genshiken 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sarix - Nov 22, 2007

58 by Adriannitro »»
Jul 6, 2023 10:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.