Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2013 7:23 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I never knew they could screw up an episode so bad. First of all how could you get mischevious boy from Genta and then from that to elf. And do people really call mischevious kids in England or Germany elves? On top of that the police said that it was solid enough reasoning to bring him in, it wasn't, it was dumb as hell reasoning.
And second of all they never had any real evidence against him. How Conan got him to slip up and try to get away was so damn stupid. Making up that it was him who found him first. The guy could have really heard him over the radio or turned it down at that second and got distracted, they made the criminal and this case too stupid.
Jul 21, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I never knew they could screw up an episode so bad. First of all how could you get mischevious boy from Genta and then from that to elf. And do people really call mischevious kids in England or Germany elves? On top of that the police said that it was solid enough reasoning to bring him in, it wasn't, it was dumb as hell reasoning.
And second of all they never had any real evidence against him. How Conan got him to slip up and try to get away was so damn stupid. Making up that it was him who found him first. The guy could have really heard him over the radio or turned it down at that second and got distracted, they made the criminal and this case too stupid.

Couldn't agree more with you. Also, i don't see why 2 episodes had to be wasted on this :
Nov 14, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this was bad even by Conan standards. If the criminal had just shut up he would have walked. Conan had to lie blatantly to get him to confess, so weak.
Apr 7, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2012
Yeah I'm afraid I'm gonna hafta agree about that weak ending. While it was interesting that they spent that much time proving the criminal was guilty instead of who it actually was it's just not in Conan's character to blatantly lie like that, even for the greater good, and screams of poor writing. Especially considering the victim lived and probably could have ID'd him anyway. Doubly unfortunate since I really liked the setup with Genta, as well as seeing Ayumi and Mitsuhiko both so quick/eager to defend him, and hesitant to eat their cheesecake knowing he wasn't eating. They're very loyal friends and it was very sweet to see. Especially since Conan and Haibara gave no fucks regarding that, nor would Genta himself most likely if it happened to one of them. XD
May 11, 2019 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
while i agree with all the comments above, i couldn't understand the criminal's motivation to attack. can anyone explain this?
6 hours ago

Oct 2021
That was a satisfying punch in the end also conan acting is top tier

More topics from this board

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1136 Discussion

hai_X_is - 8 hours ago

3 by anime-prime »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 479 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Aug 8, 2010

17 by Alvie48xi »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 473 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 30, 2013

6 by Alvie48xi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 472 Discussion

Peekaboo58 - Oct 11, 2012

8 by Alvie48xi »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 470 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Dec 14, 2013

5 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 6:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.