Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2013 9:41 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Look in the sky! Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a UFO! Great look back at Superman during a period of his greatest appeal.

Overall a very creative, whimsical episode with a neat political and economical premise. Fujiko is still very much a babe, and Goemon is still very much a badass.
Nov 8, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2010
Superman?

Mummies, okay. Dragon Palace, sure. Time traveling, no problem. But Superman? I have no idea why this weirded me out the most of all the shenanigans so far.
Sep 29, 2016 11:36 PM

Jan 2012
In which Lupin faces Superman! Okay so...is Superman a real person in the Lupinverse? Cause even though the one Lupin faced was phony the citizens react throughout the episode as if it's normal to see him. Well seeing the other Lupin characters in the getup was fun. Lupin and Zenigata were funny enough, but Fujiko at the end legit surprised me and gave me a good laugh. Speaking of, I'm not entirely sure what her plan that Lupin ruined was. The phony Superman always returned the stolen money right? So what did she get out of this, aside from helping a random store? Regardless, Lupin's bra stealing game remained as impressive as ever:

Incidentally, Zenigata's throw away line about American police being too quick to shoot people rings sadly true nearly 40 years later.
Oct 29, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2008
I'm a little surprised Lupin wasn't more gaga over Superman, especially 2 episodes earlier where he was raving about him and the movie.
Mar 13, 2019 9:02 AM

Oct 2012
Haha Superman with dollar sign, ofc he loves money
Lupin v Superman, best crossover xD

Fujiko lol
I guess being superman/superwoman is that easy
Just attach some jetpack and use air to make you look more buff xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 26, 2019 4:46 AM

Sep 2011
The quintuplets were hot. A pity their little family business was doomed because of the bigger, and stronger competition. But well, they crossed Lupin's way and were caught. I just don't understand why Fujiko got mad at Lupin in the end, I thought she would be disappearing with the money they stole from the banks as soon as the quintuplets and their father went for the supermarket, but at least we got to see a Super Fujiko slicing down buildings with the Zantetsuken as she chased the Super Ecchi, I mean, Super Lupin, and that was certainly something. xD
Jun 2, 2022 10:39 AM
Nov 2014
I bet Fujiko doesn't defeat Goemon in a sword fight only because she doesn't want to.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 65 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 24, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 23 Discussion

animefan8800 - Mar 25, 2016

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 5 Discussion

Arcanus - Aug 10, 2013

5 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:49 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 16 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 3, 2012

8 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:46 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 59 Discussion

Shocked - Oct 18, 2014

7 by SourNote2014 »»
Mar 22, 10:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.