Forum Settings
Forums

How do you start a conversation with someone who is mostly, if not, completely irrational?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 10, 2013 12:32 AM
May 2010
tsudecimo said:

come on bro
naruto is deeper than madoka

Not sure if stupid or troll.
Worships Asparagus.
Dec 10, 2013 12:39 AM
Jul 2013
miereneronaile said:
tsudecimo said:

come on bro

So cuz he thinks that naruto is deeper that madoka that makes him either a stupid or a troll, What kind of retarded logic is that you having?
Dec 10, 2013 12:49 AM
May 2010
BeyondNero said:
miereneronaile said:
tsudecimo said:

come on bro

So cuz he thinks that naruto is deeper that madoka that makes him either a stupid or a troll, What kind of retarded logic is that you having?

No, I think they are either a troll or BEING stupid.
Worships Asparagus.
Dec 10, 2013 12:51 AM

Apr 2010
I love how this descended into an argument about Naruto where I'm about 75% sure most of the people are just trying to out troll each other while two or three people take it all seriously.

OPINIONS

Who cares
Dec 10, 2013 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
Keikaku doori...

You people are not very bright it seems. It's obvious where I was being serious and where I wasn't.

*Hint: If there is no punctuation, then I'm not being serious.
Dec 10, 2013 1:01 AM
May 2010
tsudecimo said:
Keikaku doori...

You people are not very bright it seems. It's obvious where I was being serious and where I wasn't.

*Hint: If there is no punctuation, then I'm not being serious.

Yep, because everyone here knows you well enough to be able to determine you are joking by the way you are typing lol.

Anyway, thats why I included 'troll' instead of just saying you were being stupid, no?
Worships Asparagus.
Dec 10, 2013 2:39 AM

Jul 2013
Don't bother conversing with him. You'll just waste your time.
Dec 10, 2013 2:57 AM

Apr 2011
miereneronaile said:
yhunata said:
OukaHideki said:
A blonde ninja who is might I say a bit of a tsundere when it comes to the emo kid. The emo kid has that facade going on but really likes the blonde one. I can see how ToraDora and Naruto can relate.

Seriously though, it's a story about friendship and being stuck up each other's anal cavity...How could someone possibly think that's better than ToraDora. I've seen skipping stones with edge than Naruto and Sasuke.

Should I tell you how someone can think Naruto is better than Toradora? Because they're individuals and have different opinions. Funny, isn't it? Seriously, what's with all this hate on Naruto? It's not bad at all. It's not the best, but it's definitely not as bad as so many people make it out to be.

Compared to toradora, it probably is exactly as bad as people are making it out to be in here.

But that is the point. How do you compare a Battle Shonen with Slice of Life?
Dec 10, 2013 3:23 AM
Jul 2013
yhunata said:
miereneronaile said:
yhunata said:
OukaHideki said:
A blonde ninja who is might I say a bit of a tsundere when it comes to the emo kid. The emo kid has that facade going on but really likes the blonde one. I can see how ToraDora and Naruto can relate.

Seriously though, it's a story about friendship and being stuck up each other's anal cavity...How could someone possibly think that's better than ToraDora. I've seen skipping stones with edge than Naruto and Sasuke.

Should I tell you how someone can think Naruto is better than Toradora? Because they're individuals and have different opinions. Funny, isn't it? Seriously, what's with all this hate on Naruto? It's not bad at all. It's not the best, but it's definitely not as bad as so many people make it out to be.

Compared to toradora, it probably is exactly as bad as people are making it out to be in here.

It's not a comparison at all. It's just a common belief that having a Big Three show (especially Naruto) as your favorite, and giving anime of other genre like Romances a low score, will get you heavily antagonized.

I only decided to question him because a 3/10 to Toradora, but a 10/10 to Naruto just bothers me in particular.
Dec 10, 2013 3:56 AM
May 2010
yhunata said:
miereneronaile said:
yhunata said:
OukaHideki said:

Easily. I compare which one I enjoyed more. The answer is toradora, and therefor as far as I am concerned, toradora is far better than Naruto. Simple right?

All I rate on is enjoyment, so why would it be any harder to compare two very different anime than two similar anime?
Worships Asparagus.
Dec 10, 2013 4:37 AM

Apr 2011
DramaEnthusiast said:
It's not a comparison at all. It's just a common belief that having a Big Three show (especially Naruto) as your favorite, and giving anime of other genre like Romances a low score, will get you heavily antagonized.

I only decided to question him because a 3/10 to Toradora, but a 10/10 to Naruto just bothers me in particular.

No, it doesn't. It's what means to be a human. We have different opinion and in case you didn't notice, you're the only one here who gives a fucking damn about ratings on a casual fan site.

Also, "It's just a common belief that having a Big Three show (especially Naruto) as your favorite, and giving anime of other genre like Romances a low score, will get you heavily antagonized." is how trolls think.

miereneronaile said:
Easily. I compare which one I enjoyed more. The answer is toradora, and therefor as far as I am concerned, toradora is far better than Naruto. Simple right?

All I rate on is enjoyment, so why would it be any harder to compare two very different anime than two similar anime?

That's not a "comparison", though. A "comparison" would be to compare the story, the progress, the characters, etc. Comparing Toradora to Naruto is like comparing an apple to a carrot. Just because they're foodstuffs and one tastes better than the other, does not make it a better food.
Dec 10, 2013 5:10 AM

Dec 2012
miereneronaile said:

Yep, because everyone here knows you well enough to be able to determine you are joking by the way you are typing lol.

That's what you got from my post...

If I were to compare Naruto and Madoka. I would go with characters, I would say Naruto's characters are deeper, more developed and better written. But then Madoka can have a disadvantage especially in terms of development since it's a 12 ep series while Naruto is a long running series. and like I've said in my initial point they are not comparable just like Toradora and Naruto or Toradora and Madoka.

And I was being serious about ''It's the best though''. It's just my opinion of course and even then I don't think it's solely the best thing I have ever watched.

TheDarkLordOtaku said:
he's a Naruto fanboy

I'm not a Naruto fanboy though.
Dec 10, 2013 5:12 AM
Oct 2013
Knowing a lot about an anime =/= fanboy
"The mind is better off free, rather than in chains."

-Anonymous
Dec 10, 2013 5:16 AM

Feb 2013
Why do you even bother with people like that. I love all the animes I watched and I won't go into a discussion about which one has the best taste in anime anymore because it's pointless.
Dec 10, 2013 5:58 AM

Nov 2013
tsudecimo said:

TheDarkLordOtaku said:
he's a Naruto fanboy

I'm not a Naruto fanboy though.

Your description of Naruto Shippuden courtesy of your list.

"My favorite series of all time next to Monogatari. The characters, the story, themes, fights are all executed so amazingly. No other fiction made me tear up, I'm so attached to the characters and invested in them emotionally. This the best Battle anime/m"

I get that this is just your opinion of the series, and that you would not refer to yourself as a "Naruto Fanboy" per say, but from another person's perspective it might not be going so far as to read comments such as this, and draw conclusions about the degree of adoration you hold for the Naruto franchise.
Dec 10, 2013 6:11 AM

Dec 2012
I still don't get how that makes me a fanboy. Some people even say that their favorite anime changed their life and you think I'm a fanboy because of that?

We seem to have a different definition of the word ''fanboy'' because I'm just a fan of the Naruto franchise.
Dec 10, 2013 6:24 AM

Dec 2013
You don't start a conversation about that with them. I frequent this music site where upon the people who use anime avs (tip: I'm one of them) have been called "Baby touchers" (Well, more or less jokingly and it wasn't directed at me specifically, but), and all I did was, well, nothing. There's no point in discussing something like that with someone so stuck up their ass. It's worthless. And actually, despite their more than a little extreme believes on that matter, they're not that bad outside of that; As I mentioned it was a music site, and as far as music goes they were chill and fun to talk to. So maybe they just have something developed against it, I dunno.

Point is don't do anything for that shit.
Dec 10, 2013 6:44 AM

Sep 2012
With a shotgun in your hand.
Dec 10, 2013 9:30 AM

Aug 2013
DramaEnthusiast said:
yhunata said:
miereneronaile said:
yhunata said:
OukaHideki said:

Different people have different tastes and opinions. Not everyone will like romance or action or any other specific genre.
Dec 10, 2013 9:33 AM

May 2013
You can't. You just ignore them.
Dec 10, 2013 12:08 PM
May 2010
yhunata said:
DramaEnthusiast said:

No, it doesn't. It's what means to be a human. We have different opinion and in case you didn't notice, you're the only one here who gives a fucking damn about ratings on a casual fan site.

Also, "It's just a common belief that having a Big Three show (especially Naruto) as your favorite, and giving anime of other genre like Romances a low score, will get you heavily antagonized." is how trolls think.

miereneronaile said:

That's not a "comparison", though. A "comparison" would be to compare the story, the progress, the characters, etc. Comparing Toradora to Naruto is like comparing an apple to a carrot. Just because they're foodstuffs and one tastes better than the other, does not make it a better food.

Im comparing how much I enjoyed the shows, more than comparing the shows themselves perhaps.

But even then, there is no reason a comparison has to compare the things you said. It can just compare enjoyment /shrug. Basically, the issue here is that we have different criteria we believe should be compared. Thing is, neither of us are 'right' about which should be used.

In regards to your food example, if you are comparing taste, then the apple may well be better food.

@tsudecimo

Ohh, so you were being serious.

Well, know that I think you are absolutely crazy for that belief, but to be fair, theres no reason whatsoever that I am right here not you, so its quite possible im the crazy one lol.
Worships Asparagus.
Dec 12, 2013 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Frankly it takes the patience of a saint to be a Naruto/Bleach/SAO fan on these forums so I wouldn't hold that over their heads. But getting into an argument with anyone about anime is always a difficult proposition. I think I throw myself into debates here more often than most people but at least part of the reason is because I enjoy doing so and find it gratifying, and I also think I've learned a lot by talking (read: arguing) with the other people on MAL. If it really feels like a chore to debate on the internet, feel free to just stop and save yourself the trouble. If you still want to, try to avoid insults if you can because from there things get messy fast. You might also want to pay particular attention to your wording. When debating I like throwing in some "IMO"s and "I think"s, and try to avoid using "you" and all of its different forms so that the post sounds less antagonistic.
Dec 12, 2013 6:12 PM

Jan 2012
i just wouldn't go any further, if someone just starts acting like a child (or many he/she just is a child) i really don't want to waste my time or energy, just makes me look sad.... but tbh i wouldn't just start a conversation with a random person who hates my favourite anime, you never know how there going to react and that can end up with this situation that you had, if you bite back they win!
Dec 12, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
People like that are still entitled to their opinion regardless of how foolish they may be. I think the worst kinds of people are the ones who don't even watch anime because they find it to be 'gay'. There will always be people unable to open their minds and your best course of action would be to avoid these kinds of people or at least avoid provoking them.
Dec 13, 2013 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
Don't even bother, just ignore them
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 9 hours ago

23 by Toooooooooohru »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

64 by LostSpectre »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

32 by Dauphine »»
14 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

8 by mizukasa »»
15 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand.

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

3 by LostSpectre »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.