Not again.
Dec 28, 2013 5:05 PM
Dec 28, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
oh shit i never knew about the MJ one

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2013 5:30 PM

Jun 2011
Wecc said:
Only one man can solve this problem

To be honest i stopped caring about the top rated part of mal.

I think you mean this guy.

NotJizzyHitler said:
See look, if even for a second we saved this god awful thread to something way more entertaining

It's fun, isn't it. I'm just tired of the complaining so let's make it worthwhile.

Dec 28, 2013 5:33 PM

Jan 2013
bunny_lover said:
mitch3315 said:
bunny_lover said:
Smells like fanboyism to me.

Why don't you go watch the series instead of making stupid comments like this?

which part of this is stupid? I offered my opinion based on what I know ... you know, just because you are a fanboy/girl doesn't mean you have to hate on every comment that didn't praise gintama...

How exactly do you know it's just fanboyism? If you haven't watched something, you can't know whether it's good or bad.

Personally I haven't watched Gintama and I don't have any desire to do so, however that doesn't mean I'm able to just make stupid assumptions about a series that actually does receive quite a bit of praise from not only hardcore fans of the series, but other people who've simply enjoyed it.
Dec 28, 2013 5:36 PM

Nov 2010
Support the group by franchise suggestion, we can change the world.
Dec 28, 2013 5:38 PM

Feb 2013
We should wait for another Gintama season, I'm sure it will be high in the rankings real soon and I approve it.
Dec 28, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2011
Miketyson555 said:

How exactly do you know it's just fanboyism? If you haven't watched something, you can't know whether it's good or bad.

Personally I haven't watched Gintama and I don't have any desire to do so, however that doesn't mean I'm able to just make stupid assumptions about a series that actually does receive quite a bit of praise from not only hardcore fans of the series, but other people who've simply enjoyed it.

Why can't more people be like this guy?

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:10 AM

Dec 28, 2013 5:41 PM
Apr 2013
I know right? It must really be something.

Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Where do I sign up?

Nov 2010
Reverb_Shock said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Where do I sign up?
I think on the suggestions board somewhere.
Dec 28, 2013 5:57 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Reverb_Shock said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Where do I sign up?

That's a great idea. Grouping all anime by franchise rather than by individual season to prevent things like this from happening. This should also apply to other anime as well to make it fair.

Dec 28, 2013 5:59 PM
Mar 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
Reverb_Shock said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Where do I sign up?
If this happened everyone's list would get a lot shorter lol
Dec 28, 2013 6:06 PM

Nov 2010
SolBlade said:

That's a great idea. Grouping all anime by franchise rather than by individual season to prevent things like this from happening. This should also apply to other anime as well to make it fair.
Yes of course, all anime.

JD2411 said:
If this happened everyone's list would get a lot shorter lol
Well I'm talking about a mostly cosmetic change and mostly for the top anime page. Each series would still be the same size, but on the top anime page they would be represented as a franchise, so the Gintama Franchise would be one entry on the top anime page but each season would still have their own pages. And the score would be found by using the tv series score and not the ovas, specials, or movies. I was thinking of having it for the lists too though, it could shorten them a lot and keep some things near eachother(some seasons have different names which puts them in different parts of the list).

ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:12 AM
Dec 28, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
bunny_lover said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
"Being a fan of something is like having a penis.
It's normal to have one and it's nice to be proud of it. But for the love of god, don't pull it out in public and don't wave it in other's faces."

I just feel like quoting this, from your own signature.
this has nothing to do with me liking gintama, this has to do with you being the 3rd damn person to post this type of thread in the past 12 hours, also all these types of threads are redundant regardless of the show its made for, we get these identical types fo threads every time anything gets a high ranking.

the moral of this story is STOP MAKING THESE TYPES OF THREADS

Why are you commenting so much in a thread you don't really care for?
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2013 6:08 PM

Sep 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
This is genius and should be pursued further. Make it happen MAL.

ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:19 AM
Dec 28, 2013 6:11 PM

Apr 2012
SolBlade said:
Miketyson555 said:
bunny_lover said:

Why can't more people be like this guy?

I don't deny I made an assumption. I didn't go to extremes with my assumption, though, and you don't have to call my assumption "stupid". You can just politely state that actually I am wrong and that I should go watch the show. I find it offensive that you are calling my non-extreme attempt at explaining a phenomenon stupid.

With that said, maybe I will watch gintama in the future, with a high possibility that it will be to my liking.

Reverb_Shock said:
IntroverTurtle said:
This is genius and should be pursued further. Make it happen MAL.

Yes this is a really good suggestion. A part of a show can't really be rated separately. A better alternative is to rate the series as a whole.

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag. Double post merged.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:19 AM

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Jun 2007
bunny_lover said:
I don't deny I made an assumption. I didn't go to extremes with my assumption, though, and you don't have to call my assumption "stupid". You can just politely state that actually I am wrong and that I should go watch the show. I find it offensive that you are calling my non-extreme attempt at explaining a phenomenon stupid.

With that said, maybe I will watch gintama in the future, with a high possibility that it will be to my liking.

It's offensive to claim anyone who likes something you don't (whether you dislike it or simply never experienced it) is 'fanboying' when saying they love it. You're essentially making a mockery of any opinion that doesn't coincide with yours at any given time, and that's more offensive than someone calling you a dipshit if you ask me.

You did not offer an opinion, you offered an attack on a group of people you don't agree with. There is a difference. "Sounds like fanboyism" is not an opinion, in fact there is nothing there that could be called an 'opinion', it's a blind smear against anyone who likes the series and nothing else - bait you posted knowingly.

Opinions are not assumptions about things you have no information on - "sounds like fanboyism" is a guess, an assumption, a shitty thing to say; not an opinion.

"This tastes like shit" is an opinion. "Whoever eats this sort of thing must be assholes" is not an opinion, it's a judgmental and ignorant generalization that is rather offensive.

Mod Edit: Quote tower fixed.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:20 AM
Dec 28, 2013 6:14 PM

Nov 2010
bunny_lover said:
Yes this is a really good suggestion. A part of a show can't really be rated separately. A better alternative is to rate the series as a whole.
I disagree, it's quite easy to rate different seasons of a show separately. I'm talking about purely as how it shows up on the top anime page.
Dec 28, 2013 6:20 PM

Apr 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
It's offensive to claim anyone who likes something you don't (whether you dislike it or simply never experienced it) is 'fanboying' when saying they love it. You're essentially making a mockery of any opinion that doesn't coincide with yours at any given time, and that's more offensive than someone calling you a dipshit if you ask me.

You did not offer an opinion, you offered an attack on a group of people you don't agree with. There is a difference. "Sounds like fanboyism" is not an opinion, in fact there is nothing there that could be called an 'opinion', it's a blind smear against anyone who likes the series and nothing else - bait you posted knowingly.

Opinions are not assumptions about things you have no information on - "sounds like fanboyism" is a guess, an assumption, a shitty thing to say; not an opinion.

"This tastes like shit" is an opinion. "Whoever eats this sort of thing must be assholes" is not an opinion, it's a judgmental and ignorant generalization that is rather offensive.

wait ... what.

how is being fanboy a insult?

I merely meant it as that there is a specific group of people who currently really loved Gintama. For example, if you call me a Code Geass or Clannad fanboy, I would gladly reply that yes, indeed I am.

Did I say in my original post that Gintama is bad? No
I just objectively stated that 4 gintama's in top 7, and therefore a specific group of people must really loved gintama series...

What's so hard to understand?

Mod Edit: Quote tower fixed.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:21 AM

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2007
bunny_lover said:

I merely meant it as that there is a specific group of people who currently really loved Gintama. For example, if you call me a Code Geass or Clannad fanboy, I would gladly reply that yes, indeed I am.

Backpedaling doesn't work so well on forums - the context you posted it in and the way you clearly meant it and continued to paint it after making that post is very clear.
Dec 28, 2013 6:23 PM

Jun 2011
Kuro_Kishi said:
at least Gintama doesn't have an 11/10 rating
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4181/Clannad:_After_Story/stats

Clannad's attempt at beating Gintama :P

Dec 28, 2013 6:24 PM

Apr 2012
TallonKarrde23 said:
bunny_lover said:

Backpedaling doesn't work so well on forums - the context you posted it in and the way you clearly meant it and continued to paint it after making that post is very clear.

Understand however you will. I will only say that I meant what I explained.

Edit: Maybe fanboyism is like a taboo word in anime community. I hear youtube reviewers (Arkada ex) use it to himself often enough that I take it that it can also have neutral meaning. Apparently not.

If you guys who are offended absolutely can't interpret the word "fanboyism" any other way, I apologize. I guess I won't use this word as thoughtlessly in the future.
bunny1ov3rDec 28, 2013 6:28 PM

痛就是爱
Dec 28, 2013 6:27 PM
Dec 2013
I love gintama, it's such a funny and exciting anime.
Dec 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
Gintama:

Good anime? Yes
Mediocre? No
Masterpiece? Not at all
Flaws? Plenty
Fillers? A lot
Funny? Yes
Cliche? No, and maybe this is its biggest virtue
Deserve such a high score? No

I think a 8 would be more fair, but anyway, we already know how shitty is the MAL ranking, so there is no point in complaining.
I luv u
Dec 28, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2011
Jaguer91 said:
Gintama:

Good anime? Yes
Mediocre? No
Masterpiece? Not at all
Flaws? Plenty
Fillers? A lot
Funny? Yes

I think a 8 would be more fair, but anyway, we already know how shitty is the MAL ranking, so there is no point in complaining.

The ratings are ratings, Inferno Cop could be the top anime for all I care... wow, that would actually be pretty cool. Everyone give Inferno Cop a 10!

Part of what makes Gintama special is the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Heck, it doesn't take itself seriously at all when you've got things like this or this. Some people like it more than others, it is to be expected.

Dec 28, 2013 6:56 PM

Oct 2012
Started watching it about 4 days ago at episode 50 atm, it's very enjoyable.
Dec 28, 2013 7:06 PM

Jun 2012
Just wait 5 years, the whole top 20 will be Gintama.
получить деньги моего друга
Dec 28, 2013 7:06 PM

Nov 2011
SolBlade said:
Jaguer91 said:
Gintama:

Good anime? Yes
Mediocre? No
Masterpiece? Not at all
Flaws? Plenty
Fillers? A lot
Funny? Yes

The ratings are ratings, Inferno Cop could be the top anime for all I care... wow, that would actually be pretty cool. Everyone give Inferno Cop a 10!

Part of what makes Gintama special is the fact that it doesn't take itself too seriously. Heck, it doesn't take itself seriously at all when you've got things like this or this. Some people like it more than others, it is to be expected.

I guess most of the time Gintama doesn't take itself too serious, but sometimes it becomes serious and it can even make you cry like a bitch (I never cried, mainly because I don't have emotions, but I recognize it has some very sad scenes), like the death of certain people...
I luv u
Dec 28, 2013 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
SkyKyz said:
Started watching it about 4 days ago at episode 50 atm, it's very enjoyable.

Awesome! Glad you like it and got past the earlier episodes. And from where you are it only gets better.

samishime said:
Just wait 5 years, the whole top 20 will be Gintama.

It'll be beautiful.

Jaguer91 said:

I guess most of the time Gintama doesn't take itself too serious, but sometimes it becomes serious and it can even make you cry like a bitch (I never cried, mainly because I don't have emotions, but I recognize it has some very sad scenes), like the death of certain people...

I'll never forget the Yoshiwara arc... never thought Gintama of all anime could make me tear up.

Dec 28, 2013 7:14 PM

Feb 2013
I really need to start watching this series.
Dec 28, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
A_Fat_Man said:
I really need to start watching this series.
have fun with a god awful start

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 28, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2013
honestly I don't know why there are 4 different gintama rankings, the 2nd ranking is actually the gintama movie which should be moved to the top movie list.

And to all the gintama haters: its your personal opinion and I have to respect that but imo I do believe that gintama earned its place in the top 100.
Dec 28, 2013 8:57 PM

Oct 2012
if you care so much about the rankings I think you should just make a lot of accounts and rate gintama a 1 so you can sleep at night peacefully.
Dec 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
Why is Gintama divided into two series? On Crunchyroll its just one series...
Dec 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2010
vithyansiva said:
honestly I don't know why there are 4 different gintama rankings, the 2nd ranking is actually the gintama movie which should be moved to the top movie list.

And to all the gintama haters: its your personal opinion and I have to respect that but imo I do believe that gintama earned its place in the top 100.
??? The top anime list has all series, ovas, specials, and movies. Even if something is in the top tv series, special, ova, movie list it's still in the top anime list.
Dec 28, 2013 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
Most likely season 1 and season 2. I hate how Mal does that sometimes. I should just be able to add Birdy the Mighty Decode as one entry and that should represent both season 1 and season 2.
Dec 28, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2012
Never watched it; but voted "not too bad" just because there were 0 votes for that option. :(
Dec 28, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
DrGeroCreation said:
ibrahim2712 said:
Most likely season 1 and season 2. I hate how Mal does that sometimes. I should just be able to add Birdy the Mighty Decode as one entry and that should represent both season 1 and season 2.

Yea it makes no sense, because every anime has seasons. Even One Piece has like 9 seasons, but its no divided into 9 series. However Kuroko no Basket is divided into 2 different series.

Makes no sense whatsoever
Dec 28, 2013 9:17 PM

Nov 2010
DrGeroCreation said:
ibrahim2712 said:
No it's because Gintama's first series ended at 201 episodes and then came back like a year later with a new name Gintama', and then it came back later as Gintama Enchousen. Why would they ignore their real names and combine them?

And you don't even have both seasons added. And Birdy Decode's seasons were released almost one year apart and have different names too.

ibrahim2712 said:
Yea it makes no sense, because every anime has seasons. Even One Piece has like 9 seasons, but its no divided into 9 series. However Kuroko no Basket is divided into 2 different series.

One Piece never stopped airing and came back with a different name.

Mod Edit: insult removed.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 7:48 AM
Dec 28, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2013
ibrahim2712 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ibrahim2712 said:

Yea it makes no sense, because every anime has seasons. Even One Piece has like 9 seasons, but its no divided into 9. However Kuroko no Basket is divided into 2 different series.

Yeah I can understand OVAs and movies being separate entries but for shows with 2 seasons it should be just be one entry.
Dec 28, 2013 9:19 PM
Jul 2012
meh.....
Dec 28, 2013 9:21 PM

Oct 2012
ibrahim2712 said:
DrGeroCreation said:
ibrahim2712 said:

That's because of airing dates. Look at Fate Zero; there's a 3-month gap between its 1st and 2nd seasons, which is why 2 different entries were made for it. Same goes for any other anime with gaps within its airing.
Dec 28, 2013 9:27 PM

Aug 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
And you don't even have both seasons added. And Birdy Decode's seasons were released almost one year apart and have different names too.
I didn't feel like adding both seasons as separate entries the same goes for Ah my Goddess. Birdy the Mighty Decode 2 even though it was released a year after still doesn't change the fact that it is just a season 2 of Birdy Decode.
Dec 28, 2013 9:29 PM

Sep 2011
I swear these type of threads come up every time Gintama gets into the top 10. Do people really care that much about rankings? Scratch that, yes they do.
Dec 28, 2013 9:37 PM

Aug 2013
@IntroverTurtle They just stuck a 2 after the title. Even Mal states it's a season 2 http://myanimelist.net/anime/5074/Tetsuwan_Birdy_Decode:02
Dec 28, 2013 9:42 PM
Mar 2013
bunny_lover said:
First, I proclaim that I have never watched Gintama, so I don't know what kind of a show it is. However, it seems a bit much that 4 Gintama shows reside in MAL's top 7 anime shows. Smells like fanboyism to me.

Your opinion?

I haven't watched it either, but instead of asking for people's opinions about a show you never watched, just form your own opinion. Watch those 4 Gintama's to see if they're any good, and if you want, write some reviews about them.
Dec 28, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2008
It's pretty good, but it's kinda overrated here, there are better comedies out there for sure (GTO and DMC to name 2) and it's annoying to see the same name repeated in 4 of the 10 spots, especially considering the top list is a good way to find great anime to watch, the reason I watched LOGH and Hajime no Ippo was because I saw them at the top list, I wouldn't even have known about them if it wasn't for it.

But hey! At least Gintama deserves to be in the top 10 more than Clannad, that one is the real overrated anime in the top list (it would have been good if it wasn't for that terrible and lame happy ending they pulled, my flame shield is ready btw)
Dec 29, 2013 12:04 AM

Apr 2012
Posse said:
It's pretty good, but it's kinda overrated here, there are better comedies out there for sure (GTO and DMC to name 2) and it's annoying to see the same name repeated in 4 of the 10 spots, especially considering the top list is a good way to find great anime to watch, the reason I watched LOGH and Hajime no Ippo was because I saw them at the top list, I wouldn't even have known about them if it wasn't for it.

But hey! At least Gintama deserves to be in the top 10 more than Clannad, that one is the real overrated anime in the top list (it would have been good if it wasn't for that terrible and lame happy ending they pulled, my flame shield is ready btw)
not gonna bother.

As for the whether to combine different seasons into one title on MAL argument, my take is that it is better for the users to have a combined entry, even though it might be better in terms of data base to split into 2 season.
For example, code geass combined (50eps) is better for raters because neither season can form a whole story by itself. When we rate, we rate the entire story (hopefully), not just half of the story. Another example for this argument is Haruhi Suzumiya. Both seasons should definitely be a combined entry, as well as Kakumeiki Valvrave.

However, a practical difficulty may appear. If people only finished season 1 and not season 2, MAL system don't consider them actually finishing that series, so it is either categorized watching, on-hold, or dropped.

Mod Edit: Quote of deleted post removed.
ThangLongDec 30, 2013 8:04 AM

痛就是爱
Dec 29, 2013 12:29 AM

Mar 2013
Watched the first few episodes, never saw what all the hype was about. Might give it another shot later on. The biggest turn off for me is that length and the amount of remakes or ever the fuck all the other things are.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 156 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

llamaben - May 7, 2009

117 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 26, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

194 by Seraschi »»
Apr 25, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

almozayaf - Jul 28, 2009

95 by SPG_Anima »»
Apr 21, 3:56 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Znote - Oct 3, 2009

107 by DaveyUwU »»
Apr 20, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.