Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 16, 2009 9:36 AM
Jul 2008
I really enjoyed this episode.
Feb 16, 2009 9:56 AM

Jun 2008
Great episode. To think that such an item with a cool name as Death Bookmark is in girlish pink.. Well it was kind of expected. We learn something new about the Undertaker, though I am curious about his face (seeing the reaction of Grell). Can't wait until the next episode.
Feb 16, 2009 11:08 AM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode. my love for the Undertaker has increased ten fold for sure. Cannot wait til next episode
Feb 16, 2009 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
i wonder what he looks like too....there must be something specail about his eyes lol i wonder who grell likes more now under taker or sebastion^-^
Feb 16, 2009 2:42 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I don't know what to say. Angela tries to rewrite Ciel's memories for no real reason. We still don't know who she's working for. We find out Ciel's parents were sewn together? The Undertaker is really the legendary Shinigami, and we witness one of the lamest instances of deus ex ever.

Ultimately nothing happened, and I'm unaware of the real development plot wise besides revealing Angela. I didn't like this episode.
Feb 16, 2009 3:03 PM

Jun 2008
Um 2 topics about the same episode?
Feb 16, 2009 3:45 PM

Apr 2008
lol Grell, hug me!....and the Undertaker (who I guess turns out to be a Death God), I want to see what are under those bangs as well. I also liked his stylish pink bookmark haha.
SevenFeb 16, 2009 7:42 PM
Feb 16, 2009 5:25 PM

Apr 2008
Hmm, this was awesome.
:)

Angela got pwned,
but she'll probablllly we back!

Sebastian gave very pedo vibes at the end, duuude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2009 6:38 PM

Jul 2008
I love Grell. Who woulda picked Undertaker for a badass?

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Feb 16, 2009 6:44 PM

Sep 2008
I've read the manga and this quite the unique plot twist, which may make it even better than the manga itself, not that I don't mean the manga itself isn't any good. But seeing as the manga doesn't have that recent of updates and all, I think that the anime so far is better than the manga. I'm hoping that it will follow the manga a bit more closely, because the manga is at a certain scene that makes it really creepy and cool.

Grell's face was hilirious, with saying to Undertaker "Hug me~<3" and Undertaker making that crazy face. XD I wanna see that pink bookmark in action again now... I'm loving Undertaker alot now, for comedy reasons of course. X3
AuroraStarFeb 16, 2009 6:48 PM
Feb 16, 2009 8:19 PM

Nov 2008
I'm actually enjoying the anime more than the manga too, at the moment. Great episode.
Feb 16, 2009 11:19 PM

Jun 2008
I realllyy want to see what The Undertaker looks like naoz. o3o

omigodz, I thought that Sebastian was gonna kiss Ceil at the that last part. xD
Feb 17, 2009 11:10 AM

Dec 2008
When doesn't Sebastian give off pedo vibes? Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway. Eh. Pretty good episode, Angela is freaking insane, I'm assuming, unless all angels are like that. Have to love Grell. The Undertaker being a Death God was pretty surprising, but I like that twist, it actually makes sense I think. Ciel was so cute in his outfit the whole episode, he has nice legs...I'm creepy. D: But still, I hope they explain stuff eventually, I'm sure they will, because a lot of this episode had me going 'ehhh???'

Also, am I the only one who thought Ciel's dad looked a lot like Sebastian?
Feb 17, 2009 11:42 AM

May 2008
I still don't like Angela being there... AT ALL D:...
The part with Ciel and his parents was nice
animation/art is lacking a little in some parts but it's better then last episode :/

Sebastion/Ciel made me go lajglkadjg <3

... I hope this filler/possible arc is over with now xD;...
Feb 17, 2009 12:35 PM

Mar 2008
Sebastian: "As expected from my soul... no as expected from my Young Master."

....*faints* ♥______♥

Wistaire said:
animation/art is lacking a little in some parts but it's better then last episode :/

Lol Angela annoys me too I was enjoying when they stabbed her XD I don't think they will stop the fillers after they have come this far (unfortunately >.<)
Feb 17, 2009 8:44 PM

Sep 2008
Jeeppu said:
Sebastian: "As expected from my soul... no as expected from my Young Master."

....*faints* ♥______♥

Wistaire said:

Lol Angela annoys me too I was enjoying when they stabbed her XD I don't think they will stop the fillers after they have come this far (unfortunately >.<)

I bet that the anime will have tons more episodes XD Because the anime was supposed to have 13 episodes and now it's 24 episodes; I'm assuming that the anime will either get so popular again to have more episodes added to it (like 50 or more, hopefully) or have a second or third season.

Seeing as the manga doesn't seem to be that far ahead (it's a monthly manga, afterall), maybe the fillers are so that the manga has more time to move on with it's plot? =3
Feb 17, 2009 9:06 PM

Dec 2008
I wouldn't bet on Kuroshitsuji having more episodes or another season. It would be nice, sure, but it doesn't seem very likely.

AuroraStar said:
Seeing as the manga doesn't seem to be that far ahead (it's a monthly manga, afterall), maybe the fillers are so that the manga has more time to move on with it's plot? =3

Again, doubt it. The manga is far into a completely different story, the Circus Arc, that the anime has borrowed elements from but hasn't actually done anything with. If you compare the anime and manga you can see that the anime is changing things because it has to move towards a good ending with closure, which they couldn't do if they followed the manga exactly.

Personally I wish there was going to be more Kuroshitsuji, but it's not likely. >:
Feb 18, 2009 12:56 AM

Nov 2007
lol undertaker is a legendary god of death? Now that's unreal, yay more of Will =D woot and a bit of plot movement but Angela's motives are still not clear =/
Feb 18, 2009 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
lmao @ Undertaker randomly appearing before they were about to fight, and everyone's all "O_O" haha. Good twist.

Grell is quickly becoming another favourite character of mine! He's hilarious.
Feb 18, 2009 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
maykipz said:

I thought that too, but it might have been coincidental. In one frame he looked like a duplicate of Sebastian, but in another he simply looked like an older version of Ciel. I suppose there isn't much you can do with older, dark-haired men with similar hairstyles except make them look like each other. XD
Feb 19, 2009 6:31 AM

Aug 2007
yamakasi said:
maykipz said:

I thought that too, but it might have been coincidental. In one frame he looked like a duplicate of Sebastian, but in another he simply looked like an older version of Ciel. I suppose there isn't much you can do with older, dark-haired men with similar hairstyles except make them look like each other. XD

Personally, i think that maybe at the moment when Ciel has made the contract with Sebastian, he wanted him to get a familiar, father-like look. ^^'
Feb 19, 2009 12:03 PM

Nov 2008
I shivered when I saw that creature sewn of his father and mother. The author's phantasies are really dark and perverted at times. But I guess this one has deep psychological roots and might be one those subsistent to human beings...
So. Angela is not a demon, but an angel, huh? One hell of an angel! It seems she is still alive. And I'm pretty sure she is just someone's servant. Could it be the Queen's butler? His appearance is alike Angela's and Pluto's! And Pluto recognized him. Could it be the Queen wished death to the Phantomhives?!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 19, 2009 12:04 PM

Nov 2008
I shivered when I saw that creature sewn of his father and mother. The author's phantasies are really dark and perverted at times. But I guess this one has deep psychological roots and might be one those subsistent to human beings...
So. Angela is not a demon, but an angel, huh? One hell of an angel! It seems she is still alive. And I'm pretty sure she is just someone's servant. Could it be the Queen's butler? His appearance is alike Angela's and Pluto's! And Pluto recognized him. Could it be the Queen wished death to the Phantomhives?!

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 19, 2009 8:37 PM

Dec 2008
Dolce_Vitka said:
Could it be the Queen's butler? His appearance is alike Angela's and Pluto's! And Pluto recognized him. Could it be the Queen wished death to the Phantomhives?!

Hmm I've never really considered that before, but it's definitely an interesting idea

There is nothing in this world more ugly than imperfection
Feb 19, 2009 9:50 PM

Sep 2008
Hmm this episode seemed a bit far-fetched to me at times but I still enjoyed it overall.

LOL at the undertaker and his pink bookmark.
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Mar 16, 2009 3:40 PM
Mar 23, 2009 6:58 PM

Nov 2007
1059806576 said:
I realllyy want to see what The Undertaker looks like naoz. o3o

omigodz, I thought that Sebastian was gonna kiss Ceil at the that last part. xD

that is what I was thinking at that part too!! XDD
May 13, 2009 6:10 PM

Jun 2008
That was awesome.
"Hug me."
XD
May 19, 2009 1:16 PM

Jan 2008
I liked this episode a lot we get to see a completely different side of Ciel as well as Sebastian. Not to mention Grell.

I give this episode a 9/10
Jun 23, 2009 2:11 PM

Apr 2009
Lol such a stupid arc xD But the Undertaker part was priceless.
Grell: Hug me.
I wonder what he saw there xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 10, 2009 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
Ciel's dad was cute xD

I lol'd a lot at Grell's "Hug me~" xDDDDD

Angela is crazy o_O

Jul 29, 2009 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
Undertaker~ Who are you?
He will have a great importance in the incoming episodes... I can't wait...
Aug 22, 2009 11:29 AM

Aug 2007
So... the undertaker is a death god? I wonder if this is true for the manga, yet hasn't been revealed yet. Either way, Sebastian and Ciel's father look too much alike. I couldn't begin to speculate why though, seeing as how it's similar in the manga.
Sep 3, 2009 8:58 PM

Dec 2007
Am I the only one wondering what Sebastian was doing w/that girl? >__> He wasn't... really... was he?! ;___; My Sebastian... *cries*
~ WinterRose ~

Sep 13, 2009 11:34 AM

Jul 2009
Looks like Grell will still use those funny manicure scissors. LOL
And he thought that finally he got his Death Scythe back. =))
If I could fly...
Oct 3, 2009 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
I DIDN'T read the manga yet, and I still could tell that this was filler before reading this topic. The plot of the episode was somewhat cheap and the characters partly off, like when Sebast-chan caught Ciel and told him how impressed he is by him. It's just not like him to say that.

The whole "you have the chance to forget the bad things and live in a peaceful but fake dream" is so old... it has been overused in many manga and anime before, and of course the hero chooses the sad truth over the pleasant lie. ;)

Well, I still liked the episodes for the gags (daite!! XD) and some fanservice. It was ok for one or two episodes, but I really hope they are getting more focused on the original plot now. (I know because of comments that there have been more filler episodes then the last two, but I thought those fillers were well enough, just the episode 17 and 18 felt wrong.)
Oct 9, 2009 6:29 PM

Aug 2009
Oh, I was so joyously happy to see another side of Ciel. He's always so gloomy but when he saw his parents, we could see his love for them!.....You know, once Ciel turns 16, he'd have a great career in a shoujo school life romance anime xD He'll play the cool stoic guy whos popular with the ladies but has no interest in any of them whatsoever and then this new girl comes along me and shows him how to love!

*coughs* excuse me and my incessesant fangirl dreaming.

Best part of the episode:

Lol Ciel puckers up ;]

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Dec 15, 2009 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
Grell with his scissors and 'oh yay' make me laugh x3
great episode i teally enjoyed it.
and Sebastian...`~~ < 3
Dec 17, 2009 12:36 PM

Aug 2007
Whaha, Undertaker and Grell. I'm glad that Ciel didn't get deceived by Angela's powers. A pink bookmark, really.. Undertaker should write some awesome BL with that book. Cruel Sebastian yet cool, using her a darts board. This was probably one of the best episodes untill now. The BGM was really awesome this episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Dec 21, 2009 10:46 AM

Apr 2009
I found this episode a bit strange, but at the same time I really liked it. So the Undertaker's a death god?? And when Grell moves his hair out of the way... ROFL, the face he put on! and then the 'hug me' XD I really want to see the Undertaker's face now.

The stitiching together of the two got me freaked out at some point. And I guess that it's not it for Angela, and I think that the Queen's butler (or whoever he is) is also involve. The bit where he comes in the opening is what makes me so suspicious of him. Am I still the only one who thinks that he looks a lot like Sebastian??

Anyways, loved the ep, can;t wait to watch the next. Wish my internet was FASTER!!!
Jan 12, 2010 7:13 PM

Aug 2009
Ahh!!! I loved Grell and Sebastian and Ciel and the Undertaker and this would have been my favorite episode if it hadn't been for Angela. It was such a random entrance and plot twist that I left me thinking... "Really? Is that really what's happening?" =-(

<3 The Undertaker is now officially my favorite character~ he's super freaky.
Jan 23, 2010 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my, a lot has happened in this episode. So, Angela is dead. Too bad, I liked her right after I saw that scene between her and Pluto inside the bedroom, lol. Also, good to see Greil acquiring a new and imrpoved death sycthe, lol.

Okay so Sebastian's father looked really suspicious. Also, his right eye was stitched in. I wonder why and who did it. Also, I didn't expect undertaker to be one of the legendary reapers, lol. It was funny when Greil didn't believe at first that he was legendary but right after he saw his eyes, he got mesmerized by it, lol.

Also, that bookmark tool Undertaker used was very strong indeed. It was like Death Note again, but more powerful I must say. OH AND THAT SCENE WHERE SEBASTIAN SAID, "I ALREADY PUT MY MARK INTO HER" WAS SO FUNNY LOL. THAT WAS THE SAME NUN THAT HE DID THE OTHER NIGHT, Aaah.
Mar 25, 2010 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
Another great episode!!!!! :D I really hoped this anime would be longer than only 24 episodes! :( *sighs* I don't think they will be able to show much more in only 6 episodes left... :/ And is the next episode filler again? :S oh nooo
anyway i'm still enjoying this no matter what! Sebastian has become one of my fav characters of all time! Love him to the tiniest bits! <3
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Apr 25, 2010 9:35 AM

Jan 2010
ROFL pink death bookmark.
Angela is no Angel.
Shes a freakin demon!
Also, lol my love the undertaker has totally grew.
HES THE ULTIMATE DEATH GOD! who knew?
Lol Grell was like, "embrace me," when he say his eyes
May 25, 2010 3:29 PM

Aug 2009
Wow Angela turned out to be an angel... Then i wonder just what is that servant of the Queen?
Anime List: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rodreth
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rodreth/profile
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/Rodreth/
Night is the darkest just before the dawn.

Jul 4, 2010 7:26 AM
Mar 2010
yay for this, It's progressing well
Sep 9, 2010 9:02 PM

Jun 2009
One of the better episodes in a while.
Sep 13, 2010 1:07 AM

May 2008
So... I don't really get why the Angel was so bad. Besides at the end there. She was just rewriting bad memories, virtually the only after-affect would be a happier person. Why is that bad again?
Oct 3, 2010 10:09 AM

Feb 2010
LovingHate said:
ROFL pink death bookmark.
Angela is no Angel.
Shes a freakin demon!
Also, lol my love the undertaker has totally grew.
HES THE ULTIMATE DEATH GOD! who knew?
Lol Grell was like, "embrace me," when he say his eyes

This.

But WHY is Angela a big b*tch?
Oct 5, 2010 10:23 AM

May 2010
This ep was a bit weird.. Though its not bad but not good either..

But if its Greil, then its good. :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bloodshot-Shanks - Jan 9, 2009

69 by Apratim »»
Apr 22, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SlaughterChichi - Mar 26, 2009

318 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 22, 7:52 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MaxwellLily - Oct 30, 2008

115 by Apratim »»
Apr 21, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Zeino - Mar 12, 2009

110 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 21, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Chrissi-chan- - Mar 9, 2009

107 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.