Forum Settings
Forums

How realistic is Anime school life vs. Real school life in Japan?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 14, 2013 2:03 PM

Sep 2013
Well actually the skirt length depends on the uniform you're wearing. Some schools have long skirts, some have short ones. And wearing custom skirts would be against school regulations.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Oct 14, 2013 2:09 PM

Oct 2013
Remember kids, if you think watching anime to learn about realistic Japanese culture is a good idea, I'm afraid your wrong.
Oct 14, 2013 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
KaniowskiKun101 said:
Remember kids, if you think watching anime to learn about realistic Japanese culture is a good idea, I'm afraid your wrong.

Yeah you have to analprobe them, thats the only way to be sure...
Oct 14, 2013 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Nollid said:
I saw this awhile back and thought it might help answer some questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SRwl8tY_I
Thank you, it helped a lot.

Btw I've been wondering the same things, and other ones too. Like,
- Do they really have clubs? --Idk I never went to a club in my schools and some didn't have any.
- Do they really use English slangs?
- Is anime and manga extremely popular to them and they talk about it a lot?
- Are the Japanese really huge perverts with all their hentai and anime sex toys?
Oct 14, 2013 2:46 PM
Sep 2013
scytheavatar said:
The only unrealistic part of anime AFAIK is the idea that boys would join cultural clubs. From what I heard those who do that in real life Japan has a high chance of being ostracized and bullied, it's expected that all boys join one of the sports club and joining a non-sports club means there's something wrong with your manliness.

Ostracized and builled are too strong words, but boys who belong to cultural clubs are seen as kinda nerdy guys,especially by girls who belong to sports clubs.

It is like 9 out of 10 male students belong to a sport club and 1 belong to a cultural club,while 7 out of 10 female students belong to a sport club and 3 belong to cultural club.
Sports clubs tend to be more active,like students who belong to a sport club spend much longer time on school club activities than those who belong to a cultural club.
For example, I was in volleyball club when I was junior high school student, and I spent 3 hours a day on week days and 7-8 hours saturdays.
I was in computer club when I was high school student(I'm a nerdy guy),and I practiced 1 or 2 hours a day on week days and had no club activities on weekends.

I'm japanese and sorry for my poor english.
umashikanekoOct 14, 2013 3:28 PM
Oct 14, 2013 3:02 PM
Sep 2013
waalex11 said:
Nollid said:

- Do they really have clubs? --Idk I never went to a club in my schools and some didn't have any.
- Are the Japanese really huge perverts with all their hentai and anime sex toys?

1 Yes, and you have to belong one club in junior high school.not 0 not more than 2.
As for high schools, in some schools you must belong to a club, other schools don't require you to join a club.
2 I don't understand your question
3 Manga is extremely popular like video games in US, anime is popular among kids and otaku(latenight anime).
4 Maybe

By the way it seems you are from canada, if you correct my english, I would really appreciate it.
umashikanekoOct 15, 2013 1:15 AM
Oct 14, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Not exactly sure, but over here it's nothing like that. T^T
Oct 14, 2013 4:43 PM

Sep 2013
umashikaneko said:

1 Yes, and you have to belong one club in junior high school.not 0 not more than 2.
As for high schools, in some schools you must belong to a club, other schools don't require you to join a club.
3 Manga is extremely popular like video games in US, anime is popular among kids and otaku(latenight anime).
4 Maybe

By the way it seems you are from canada, if you correct my english, I would really appreciate you.

Your English is very good though.

"I would really appreciate you" sounds a bit weird. "I would really appreciate it" is better.

Oct 14, 2013 11:19 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
umashikaneko said:
waalex11 said:
Nollid said:

4 Maybe

By the way it seems you are from canada, if you correct my english, I would really appreciate you.

@umash - your English isn't too bad. My wife is from China, and she has a much more difficult time of it.

That being said, I do know that many Japanese do indeed use English slang when talking, as I noticed that the one time I was in Japan a few years ago.

I assume that when you say clubs, that could include sports teams.

Not sure about toys and such, but I do know that there are as many, if not more Hentai titles (albeit shorter series) than there are anime series. Also, I won't mention exactly which US Agency I've worked for, but I can tell you in the international sex trade, the Japanese are quite possibly the single largest group that patronizes the business.

baki502 said:
Kalypze said:
I don't live in Japan, but we do use school uniforms over here and some girls use their skirts really short... actually, that's considered "normal" over here, lol.

So where do you live and how much is a ticket to there? :D

LOL - while the skirts are short and the uniforms can be somewhat pretty in anime series, to really see it in extremes, you need to watch some of the hentai titles, like Bible Black, Pisu Hame, Hime-sama Gentei, and Harukoi Otome to name a few.
Oct 14, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2013
elkensteyin said:
Also, I won't mention exactly which US Agency I've worked for, but I can tell you in the international sex trade, the Japanese are quite possibly the single largest group that patronizes the business.

Sex trade as in exporting sex toys?

elkensteyin said:

LOL - while the skirts are short and the uniforms can be somewhat pretty in anime series, to really see it in extremes, you need to watch some of the hentai titles, like Bible Black, Pisu Hame, Hime-sama Gentei, and Harukoi Otome to name a few.

Nah these tight fitting clothes and oversized breasts just ruin the beauty of the school uniform. There's nothing more attractive than the slight bulging of the chest area on an A or B cup. Just a little too much and the beauty is ruined.

I'm sorry for being a lolicon.

Oct 14, 2013 11:49 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Shiratori99 said:
elkensteyin said:
Also, I won't mention exactly which US Agency I've worked for, but I can tell you in the international sex trade, the Japanese are quite possibly the single largest group that patronizes the business.

Um... no. Sex trade as in international prostitution (both legal and illicit). The Japanese, more than any other nationality (by a VERY large margin), avail themselves of the ladies working the oldest trade in human history.

Shiratori99 said:
elkensteyin said:

Nah these tight fitting clothes and oversized breasts just ruin the beauty of the school uniform. There's nothing more attractive than the slight bulging of the chest area on an A or B cup. Just a little too much and the beauty is ruined.

I'm sorry for being a lolicon.

You're not being a lolicon :-). I'm pretty much in agreement with you, at least on the oversized breasts. I like them small, myself, but there are plenty of titles that have that without the girls being like 12 or something.
Oct 15, 2013 12:15 AM

Sep 2013
elkensteyin said:
Shiratori99 said:
elkensteyin said:

Um... no. Sex trade as in international prostitution (both legal and illicit). The Japanese, more than any other nationality (by a VERY large margin), avail themselves of the ladies working the oldest trade in human history.

Hmm how does international prostitution work? You mean something like sex tourism? I thought the Koreans were more famous for that.

Oct 15, 2013 1:15 AM
Sep 2013
Shiratori99 said:

Your English is very good though.

"I would really appreciate you" sounds a bit weird. "I would really appreciate it" is better.

Thank you. I will correct that part.
Oct 15, 2013 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
baki502 said:
KaniowskiKun101 said:

Yeah you have to analprobe them, thats the only way to be sure...

lol wut...
Oct 15, 2013 4:30 AM

Dec 2012
Nagisa_Okazaki said:

-Do girls usually confess to guys at the back of the school?

Well if it's any consolation, this year two ninth or tenth grade students were caught having sex at the back of our school...
Oct 15, 2013 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
Objurgo said:
Nagisa_Okazaki said:

Well if it's any consolation, this year two ninth or tenth grade students were caught having sex at the back of our school...

LOL
Oct 15, 2013 9:36 AM

Jul 2013
dodoberry said:
Sourire said:
baki502 said:
Kalypze said:
I don't live in Japan, but we do use school uniforms over here and some girls use their skirts really short... actually, that's considered "normal" over here, lol.

So where do you live and how much is a ticket to there? :D
most girls do that in high school no matter where you live..

Not in Finland

Sadly it's rare to see girls in short skirts in Finland. But I think that the short skirts isn't the best piece of clothing in here, especially in winter so yeah I don't wonder why girls don't use them.
ᵖᵉʷ ᵖᵉʷ 🔫
Oct 16, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
Objurgo said:
Nagisa_Okazaki said:

LOL wtf.. sex behind the school, well that's very secritive.
はじめまして。おかざきです、どうぞ よろしく。
Oct 16, 2013 6:39 PM

Mar 2013
Objurgo said:
Nagisa_Okazaki said:

2 years ago when i when i went to highschool a 8th grade girl and a 9th grade girl were suspended for giving/receiving a blow job while being filmed by their friends. and no i didnt make that up some people are that stupid. a teacher walked in to the bathroom and caught them.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Oct 16, 2013 7:16 PM

Mar 2013
Oct 16, 2013 7:20 PM

Jun 2013
This question is so stupid, OP, you are lucky you are a girl (or at least I think so).
Xinil said:
Thanks for joining MAL.

Oct 16, 2013 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
lupadim said:
Ghost-Lightning said:
MajinSaga said:
Images

Not gonna lie, that second hair style is pretty cool.

I found the first one to be cool also

I concur. But they would be cooler with longer hair. Shoulder length or something.
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Why do some people watch anime in 1.5x or 2x speed?

Rinrinka - 7 hours ago

27 by Eleben »»
3 minutes ago

» Can background characters be best girls?

Catalano - Yesterday

22 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
8 minutes ago

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

33 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
41 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

110 by Ade117 »»
42 minutes ago

» How did you get into anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Cudlyyy - Sep 28, 2023

116 by TheDarkLordOtaku »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.