Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 8, 2009 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was the first time I watched this serie on RAW. So I was little excited how I can make it but I guess it went okay n____n

This show just keeps getting beautier and beautier ! And Yuki is just so cute.
Love the drama here *___________*
Yuki's song also sounded nice ! Her debut is going to be great !
Yhyy, another kiss between Toyua and Yayoi ;;___;; Luckily Toyua pushed her away.
There wasn't much Rina ,______, I miss her !

Feb 8, 2009 7:09 PM

Mar 2008
Yayoi = hot
Yuki = finally making her dream come true
Rina = WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?
Misaki (or however you spell it) = need a man badly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2009 3:44 AM
Oct 2007
crap episode is crap episode
Feb 10, 2009 4:04 AM

Jul 2008

Goddess? O_o
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 10, 2009 4:05 AM

Jul 2008
Metro said:
crap episode is crap episode

useless comments are useless.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 10, 2009 7:14 AM
Apr 2008
I wanted more Shinozuka.
Feb 10, 2009 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
The guy has too many goddesses...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2009 8:52 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. I like the pacing of this show. Good to have a somewhat different type of harem show for a change.

But I really despise how that guy piles up lie after lie from episode to episode. Why does he do that? I mean he did nothing wrong (so far), though he still shouldn't hang out with that manager anymore. I think he should talk about everything to Rina. She also has her eyes on him, but I have no doubts that she would help him with that manager.
Feb 10, 2009 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
with half the show done, some more conflict should be rising up. im still not sure whether this will be a happy or sad ending.
Feb 10, 2009 11:01 AM

Jan 2007
Yayoi's reward scene just made me lol, because of her voice. But yeah, I'm not sure why Fujii continues on with his lies, and I'm not really diggin Misaki. Hopefully her arc ends soon.
Faust721Feb 10, 2009 11:33 AM
Feb 10, 2009 11:11 AM

Jun 2007
this anime the protagonist is really starting to get on my nerves.
Slightly different version of the School Days protagonist, I'd even say.
But I'm sure this won't have such a nice ending, so I it's not unlike that I'll drop this after this or the next episode.
Feb 10, 2009 12:22 PM

Apr 2008
I agree, the protagonist is such a liar -__-

Feb 10, 2009 1:05 PM

Nov 2008
Yuki's song didn't impress me at all, neither her singing manner did. I still consider her unfitting for showbiz.
Not much interesting this episode.

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Feb 10, 2009 1:45 PM
Dec 2007
Very strange episode but I still like the general atmosphere and pacing. I thought that the realation between Rina and the hero would progress quicker though, and his relation with Yuki would start to become impossible to manage quicker too.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 10, 2009 2:00 PM

Dec 2008
Rina's song (Mizuki Nana)>>>>>>>>Yuki's song (Hirano Aya)
Why Aya is that popular with her average seiyuu skills?
On other side, average episode, Misaki is really stupid.
Feb 10, 2009 2:06 PM

Feb 2008
Hmmm... this episode was okay. It confused me a little bit though.

Yay, AKG K240 headphones! :D
Wearing headphones, she reminded me a bit of Aka from REC.
Feb 10, 2009 2:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
De-JaY said:
Wearing headphones, she reminded me a bit of Aka from REC.
I thought so too, but in the screenshot it's actually even more obvious. Confusing episode. No Haruka. ):

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 10, 2009 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Mathes said:
But I'm sure this won't have such a nice ending, so I it's not unlike that I'll drop this after this or the next episode.

What makes him sad?... I'd say he want's to help and in without reasons finds a bunch of girls with a mysterious (harem) crush on him.
No, he's different from School days,
- not hate but pity for him.
-no black goals or so ...
-said he was still with Yuki ... (KIND OF LAME AND WEAK RELATIONSHIP :( )
-no manipulation

Be a good boy and:
-What he needs now is to say NO NO NO in a good way when the times come ...

***What's getting on my nerves is the fact they all focus on a single guy, for G... Sake what does he has !!!!****
P.s I know it's an harem ... don't look down too much to me!
UkatoFeb 10, 2009 5:22 PM

Feb 10, 2009 8:58 PM

Jun 2007
umm when has he lied before this episode? I don't remember him telling any lies before only leaving some things out when he talks to Yuki.

In any case you can't put all the blame on this guy. He knows what he wants but he's being boxed in by all these different factors. If the manager lady just let him visit Yuki things would be fine and dandy. Rina's brother also seems to be jealous of the protagonist and takes his jealousy out on Yuki or maybe he's just really dedicated to his work. If you look at the expression on his face when Yuki's breathing hard and sweating he clearly wants to push her beyond her braking point.

Also looks like Misaki was sexually abused or possibly even raped in the past. There was a quick flash back when Touya touches her. The flash back looked like a professor...but then again it could be the kid in charge of her club too.

PS. no changes in the relationship chart this week.
Feb 10, 2009 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
This was a weird episode. So many wtfs buzzing in my head.

Why was the background in Touya's apartment (with Haruka) flipping between looking like a 6 year olds painting and regular quality? That was very distracting. At the same time the animation was doing the same jery, semi-fluid stuff that happened when they introduced Tsundere.

Why did Touya get in the car with ManagerWoman. I don't care what anyone says, he must at least sub-consciously want this relationship to fail.

Why did Touya miss so much school last year? Was it his mom? And what's his relationship with his dad, because he didn't look like the shut-in drunk I thought he was.

What's up with the on-screen script? Is this Touya's thoughts, or merely written narration?

Why is Yuki breathing hard? Does she have a breathing condition? Singing in a static position doesn't cause that much breathlessness.
Feb 11, 2009 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
crazy_eights said:
with half the show done, some more conflict should be rising up. im still not sure whether this will be a happy or sad ending.
Well you should have realized something since the first episode when you heard Suara sing the ED song.

Mathes said:
Did Touya tried to rape any girl in the show which make you feel that way? If it was Makoto from School Days, he would have raped Yuki at that night, he would have took the great deal chance with Yayoi, he would have used Haruka and Misaki as his toys. So how did those 2 are slightly different version?

DeathfireD said:
umm when has he lied before this episode? I don't remember him telling any lies before only leaving some things out when he talks to Yuki.
Well, he did lied before on the phone with Misaki about the book by using Akria name instead of Rina.

noteDhero said:
This was a weird episode. So many wtfs buzzing in my head.

Why was the background in Touya's apartment (with Haruka) flipping between looking like a 6 year olds painting and regular quality? That was very distracting. At the same time the animation was doing the same jery, semi-fluid stuff that happened when they introduced Tsundere.

Why did Touya get in the car with ManagerWoman. I don't care what anyone says, he must at least sub-consciously want this relationship to fail.

Why did Touya miss so much school last year? Was it his mom? And what's his relationship with his dad, because he didn't look like the shut-in drunk I thought he was.

What's up with the on-screen script? Is this Touya's thoughts, or merely written narration?

Why is Yuki breathing hard? Does she have a breathing condition? Singing in a static position doesn't cause that much breathlessness.
This make me LOL and T_T at the same time.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 11, 2009 2:41 AM

Mar 2008
I found the last two episodes rather.. uhm... streamlined.. they no longer make you guess what's going on... it's like.. this is weird, and that is weird, and everything's weird.. well, all characters are thus weird.. and such is their behaviour.. and as a result, all the complexity shown in the first four episodes breaks into a non-predictive, weird but still boring and kinda straight-forward mess. I don't feel any development anymore.. and this is somewhat sad. But I still enjoy the general atmosphere so I'll defeinitely stay with you guys until the very end ^^

noteDhero said:

to my mind those are the thoughts of the current active speaker and in fact, they are mostly Touya's. But, for instance, in the end those were the thoughts of that littlle black-haired goddess schoolgirl

noteDhero said:

Actually it does. Breathing exercises take from the singers (especially beginners) most of their time since they must exhale properly to sing all of the notes. Furthermore, the vocal room is small, closed, and is normally not air-conditioned to prevent the unwanted noise in the recording. So after, say 20-30 minutes of intensive singing, it's hot inside and you can feel the lack of oxygen.

noteDhero said:

He's a weirdo so why wouldn't he? ^^

De-JaY said:

Yay, AKG K240 headphones! :D

and I bet those were Yamaha NS-10 as the near-field studio monitors..
Feb 11, 2009 3:14 AM

Jul 2008
I didn't think it was that bad, though I don't really care as much for Misaki so I found myself wandering off to chain-play Spider Solitaire during the vid. Hopefully there's more drama since there's only a few episodes left, but I'm really hoping Rina (and Haruka!) get more screentime.
Feb 11, 2009 5:58 AM

Aug 2008
soulelle said:

Actually it does. Breathing exercises take from the singers (especially beginners) most of their time since they must exhale properly to sing all of the notes. Furthermore, the vocal room is small, closed, and is normally not air-conditioned to prevent the unwanted noise in the recording. So after, say 20-30 minutes of intensive singing, it's hot inside and you can feel the lack of oxygen.

The problem is that they were recording, and the song is not difficult for any female singer, especially one with good enough breath control to produce the steady vibrato I heard during the insert song. Yuki may be a beginner, but she can sing well enough that that lame song doesn't wind her.
Feb 11, 2009 7:31 AM

Dec 2008
I don't view his lying to be that bad though. People do lie to make sure other people's feelings don't get hurt and that seemed like what was going on in the series since every girl is completely obsessed with him.

Episode-wise, bodies better start dropping because I really don't see the series living long enough to have a complete happy ending and I kind of want Touya to go with Misaki now. I'm kind of falling for the damsel in distress routine and Yuki just seems too dense.

and Mizkuki > Hirano hands down. Yuki's singing wasn't that great.

Feb 11, 2009 4:42 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
soulelle said:

The problem is that they were recording, and the song is not difficult for any female singer, especially one with good enough breath control to produce the steady vibrato I heard during the insert song. Yuki may be a beginner, but she can sing well enough that that lame song doesn't wind her.

She sang it more then a few times. The owner kept having her redo specific part over and over again, that's why the recording guy asked if he could just cut and patch it. The owner says no and the recording guy decides to go get some coffee as a way to give Yuki a brake without her needing to beg for one. If you notice, when Rin walks in Yuki also thinks "Goddess" because she knows when Rina's around her brother's less strict. At least this is what I've gathered so far. I could be wrong and she could just suck at singing.
Feb 11, 2009 4:58 PM

Aug 2008
I can sing all day and not be winded like that. She must have some type of respiratory problem (or the show is being melodramatic). I don't think she sucks. She's mediocre at worst. It was a natural free sound, that's why I say either over-exaggeration or breathing problems.
Feb 12, 2009 3:07 AM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
I can sing all day and not be winded like that. She must have some type of respiratory problem (or the show is being melodramatic). I don't think she sucks. She's mediocre at worst. It was a natural free sound, that's why I say either over-exaggeration or breathing problems.

well I agree it's hardly possible in real life for a normal singer to breathe that hard while recording in a studio. So this can be treated as the director's mistake if he supposed to be close to real life as much as possible. However, I'm sure this is just a director's trick to show us how hard and long Yuki had been working.
No way I believe Yuki has any kind of respiratory deseases - it's easier to think of her hentai relations with Eiji as a cause for that rosy-cheeked face and out-of-control hard breathing, which is of course is of extremely low probability.. so I'm stay convinced Yuki is basically tired, both physically and emotionally.
Feb 12, 2009 6:12 AM

Oct 2008
pretty good ,pretty good episode
Feb 12, 2009 9:37 AM

Apr 2007
QUALITY

also, I'm sick of how the main char underestimates misaki.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 12, 2009 12:06 PM

Mar 2008
nihil said:

also, I'm sick of how the main char underestimates misaki.

uhmm.. what do you mean.. I totally don't get it (T_T).. why doesn't he underestimate Misaki??
Feb 12, 2009 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
I think nihil means Touya's ambivalence/unawares of Misaki's feelings.
Feb 12, 2009 1:50 PM

Apr 2008
This anime's getting on my nerves =___= plot's getting really bad since last episode, that everything went downhill imo. But let's wait and see.
Feb 12, 2009 5:11 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:

But you sing how you want to sing, she's a professional singer and has to follow whatever image the director has envisioned for the song to sound like. It's actually hard to sing the same thing over and over again in a way you're not used to. My friend recently started doing stage plays and takes voice lessons on a regular basis now. He says it's very strenuous on his vocal cords. He's normally winded by the end of a two hour lesson.
Feb 12, 2009 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Whatever vision the director has envisioned shouldn't get in the way of healthy singing. As a "professional" if you are singing healthily, no amount of repetition should cause you to breathe that hard. It's very strenuous on your friends vocal chords because he isn't singing with proper technique. I say this as a music major who studied voice. When I first started I was winded because I wasn't breathing properly. Once I was singing correctly, those problems went away, and rather than being tired and winded, I was refreshed and energetic. That's why I'm confused, becasuse I hear proper singing in the track, and then we cut to Yuki breathing hard. I've concluded that it's just there for melodrama rather than being a sign of some disease.
Feb 12, 2009 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was kinda boring, most boring yet. Interesting backstory and hints at even more backstory for Misaki, but I don't really like her as a character since she seems incapable of standing up for herself. And why must Toya constantly lie to people? It seems like he means well, aiming to avoid hurting their feelings by them thinking things are going on that aren't. But I think it will come back to haunt him, as he's going to get caught in a lie at some point and because he lied whichever character that catches him is going to think the worst.

As to the people who wondered why the hell he'd get back in the car with Yuki's manager, it's because she didn't really leave him a choice. He tried to object but she's a more aggressive personality than him. He's really to nice for his own good.
--
rpb3000
This is just the beginning.
Feb 13, 2009 7:42 AM
Jul 2008
Loved the animation on this episode..
Feb 13, 2009 11:00 AM

Aug 2007
This episode was boring. Even the dramatic scenes weren't very dramatic. D:
Usotsuki. 
Feb 13, 2009 3:03 PM

Aug 2008
I have this weird feeling that the male protagonist of this show is digging his own grave. I can't blame him if he is surrounded by the so called "goddesses" of this harem show.

Nevertheless, I want to see how this show will turned out until the end.

Feb 13, 2009 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode. I liked the pacing so far, and I hope that next episode keeps me interested to watch more.
Feb 14, 2009 1:56 PM

Oct 2008
Megami Ogata Rina isn't doing much in this episode..

Feb 15, 2009 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
I liked Misaki even less this episode u.u She's still in the club because they wouldn't let her quit?! That's about the lamest excuse I've ever heard. And if that Tamaru assaulted her or something, then that's even more reason for her to leave the group. (None of this crap about "I want everyone to see my plays;" there are other, better outlets for that.)

I'm also feeling pretty disgusted with Touya for lying to Yuki again. It'd be bad for him to tell her that Misaki was sleeping over, but I don't see why he couldn't say he was helping Misaki with her play rather than making up dumb excuses. (At least give the girl some warning that you're spending so much time with other women -- she should be worrying!) The boy's problem is not that he's a jerk; it's more like, he's way too "nice," and he doesn't seem to realize how that could compromise his other relationships (like with Yuki and Akira). On the one hand, it's Misaki's fault for relying on him so much (doesn't she have any other friends?); on the other, it's his fault for letting her.

... Aaanyway. I still love the ending sequence (both that we've seen) as well as the previews and the random watercolor shots during the episode.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Feb 17, 2009 2:07 AM

Jan 2008
Ahh, what is Touya trying to do? Distance himself from Yuki or stay with her?

Feb 18, 2009 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
It took me more than a week to force myself to watch this and it wasn't one of my best decisions. I mean if I want to butcher the whole cast with a random blunt object that means that something ain't right. Probably with me.

I have to learn to drop bad shows.
Feb 18, 2009 8:01 PM

Aug 2008
It's not really that bad. I know that the overall execution itself is bad enough for you to drop the series.

However, I still find it watchable due to the fact that I want to know how the story will end especially to the male protagonist of the show.

I want to see him dead.

Mar 29, 2009 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
Touya is really getting on my nerves with all of his pointless lies. I think the fact that he's not willing to tell the truth about something as innocnet as that it just means he has bad intentions.

And Yuki's manager just sitting outside of her apartment is just too bodyguardish. Yuki's a grown woman. That damn manager just doesn't want her to have a life other than her singing career.
Jun 20, 2009 2:57 AM

Jul 2008
dont know what touya is trying to do. nothing particular stickd in my mind. lets see how this will progress.

Oct 4, 2009 9:52 PM

Jan 2009
What the fuck is Touya doing eh? Really, so far I just can't understand him, and once more, why did he even accepted Shinozuka's ride?

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Aug 13, 2012 2:30 PM

Sep 2011
Cant avoid her forever!!
Dec 20, 2012 8:20 PM

Dec 2007
Haha I'm liking the Echos manager character. All he does is pretend to listen to music while eavesdropping on Touya. The montage in the episode was okay.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

» VN

OppaiSugoi - Jul 17, 2023

1 by Thatboidriz »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.