Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2013 6:55 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Stoneman got 5 more years to live, should be grateful
OP has got new sound effects, and ED sounds a little differently, too.
Oct 14, 2013 2:50 PM

Jun 2010
Hannibal did cross the Pyrenees with his army to get to Italy, but his famous feat was crossing the Alps. Similarly, there is a small independent country in the Pyrenees, Andorra, but it's not anything like the unnamed militaristic country seen here, nor is the flag the same. I don't know whether the writers didn't know about these things or if they just fudged it because the reality didn't serve their purposes.

Naturally in this show the final answer to such questions is "it doesn't matter".

The plot was pretty thin in this episode but it more than makes up for it with some great set-pieces like the teaser before the title card, Goemon's tricks on the plane and with the tree, and the whole sequence of Jigen collecting the parts of his gun. It's this sort of visual flair that shows up in the better Lupin movies and specials.
Oct 3, 2016 12:55 AM

Jan 2012
In which Jigen is challenged to a duel! Strange episode that felt oddly segmented. The opening chase, once again set to that English insert song I've grown to love, was very fun. Goemon's repeated attempts to get Jigen to abandon the duel were sweet, and even Fujiko was concerned for him. I can't decide if I liked the duel itself though. I dunno that, thrilling as it was, my suspension of disbelief was properly sated seeing Jigen dodge literally hundreds of bullets fired by a professional, AND reassemble his gun, piece by piece, AND win with a single shot. I love Jigen, but c'mon! XD Plus the comedic end of the gang losing the treasure and driving half a car away fell flat. Ah well, better luck next time.
Nov 3, 2016 6:11 AM

Jul 2008
Leaving his gun parts all over the place, just WTF were you thinking Lupin?
Mar 14, 2019 6:42 AM

Oct 2012
That "back"up plan car, I want one car like that xD

Should have put the gold in front of the car
I don't know how the car is still able to move since the car engine should be behind them xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 30, 2019 5:23 AM

Sep 2011
I love the way Lupin found to guide Jigen to the border's gate by marking the way with the parts of his gun. It was a bit risky though, poor Jigen had to run all the way down with a man shooting to kill him, but it worked. A pity that the treasure was lost with half of the car, but it was nice to see Fujiko, Goemon, and even Lupin on his own way, worrying about Jigen.
Dec 23, 2020 5:41 AM

Feb 2012
The background music sounded better than normally and there was also more of it, so I checked if this was a new season or something. Not yet (that would be ep. 104), but apparently this was the very first episode of any anime to be broadcast in stereo. So I guess they had more music because of it. I like the soundtrack variation, the jazzy pieces, sometimes a bit funky, with a few classical pieces in the mix. Especially in this episode there was (in the first 3rd and near the end) a nice variation of the Lupin theme with a trumpet and whistling. Maybe Cowboy Bebop was influenced by this soundtrack, I wonder.

The plot here was all over the place, like Jigen's gun. It wasn't really explained, but I believe Lupin left the gun parts scattered because his trust in Jigen's abilities was so great that he decided to make the challenge more interesting with this handicap. So what was a serious duel for a professional gunman was more like a game for Jigen.
Apr 29, 9:38 PM
Dec 2022
Jigen go crazy this episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 124 Discussion

Serhiyko - Nov 4, 2013

6 by wallus81 »»
May 17, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 118 Discussion

Serhiyko - Oct 12, 2013

8 by wallus81 »»
May 15, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 69 Discussion

Serhiyko - Aug 25, 2013

10 by SleepingBear »»
May 14, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 117 Discussion

Serhiyko - Oct 8, 2013

6 by puffle9000 »»
Apr 30, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part II Episode 100 Discussion

Fronzel - Oct 14, 2013

6 by wallus81 »»
Apr 29, 10:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.