Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2013 10:44 PM
Jul 2013
antonn said:
http://i.imgur.com/7rUO4EL.jpg

Whose desk is that? Erwin's?

ErenxMikasa said:
http://i.imgur.com/byD8Sd5.jpg
Them feels

T_T RIP Petra

She was significant because she was one of the prettiest girl in the anime and not annoying.
Sep 11, 2013 10:47 PM

Jul 2013
yuquall said:
antonn said:

ErenxMikasa said:
Them feels

T_T RIP Petra

She was significant because she was one of the prettiest girl in the anime and not annoying.

Dark Cyclone would disagree. I can imagine why as well. "You don't trust us Eren?"

That could get on people's nerves I understand, but I'm not easily annoyed by fictional characters.

That's suppose to be Levi's desk I'm guessing btw.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 11, 2013 10:52 PM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
yuquall said:
antonn said:

ErenxMikasa said:
Them feels

T_T RIP Petra

Dark Cyclone would disagree. I can imagine why as well. "You don't trust us Eren?"

That could get on people's nerves I understand, but I'm not easily annoyed by fictional characters.

That's suppose to be Levi's desk I'm guessing btw.

I was going to add 'except for the "trust us!" moment' but you've said it before me.
She gave us some insights into Levi's character so I liked her for that.

I didn't know that Levi had his own desk.
Sep 11, 2013 11:09 PM

Sep 2012
This ep was really sad, poor guys :(
Levi was so badass there.
Sep 11, 2013 11:19 PM

Aug 2013
Just researched again because I can.

Levi kicking ass is still awesome. I love the soundtrack in this anime, it just works so well with the story and feel of the scenes.
The families of the elite squad waiting for their loved ones to return :(
Mikasa watching over Eren like a hawk <3
Petra's body, and Levi's face when he saw that it was her :(
Eren waking up to Mikasa looking over him <3
Eren and Mikasa seeing themselves in those children, they both look so upset and in Eren case shocked (this scene hit me hard for somewhat obvious reasons (username) and because it shows just how far both Eren and Mikasa have come, yet it all still ended in defeat, and Eren is reminded of how he used to be, and it shakes him to his core.
Petra's father (holy crap, this scene was a heavy hitter, and still is after watching again)
Eren begins to cry (again, only in front of Mikasa) and she HOLDS HIS HAND, frothed at the mouth at this scene (semi - srs)

Overall 9.5/10 episode for me, because it made me ride an emotional rollercoaster, anything. That can make me feel so much has to be good, plus that action sequence at the start, cot dam I love to rewatch this episode.
Sep 12, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
The Saddest Episode in this anime...

Dem feels...
Sep 12, 2013 3:26 AM

Jul 2013
yuquall said:

I didn't know that Levi had his own desk.

Most people would have their own actually. It's not really something exclusive to higher ups. Hell, that might be from his house.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 12, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
yuquall said:
Ragna92 said:
piperz said:

-spoiler-
sad we won't be seeing Levi in action anymore :( blame the foot!

Damn that sucks. Now I'm pissed at Mikasa. But it's not like his foot will be ruined forever. He should be able to fight again eventually.

Yeah.. but that eventually would likely to be after so many chapters of manga and so many episodes of anime. orz

Well at least we have that spin off manga with Levi as MC coming out soon.
Sep 12, 2013 12:21 PM

Jun 2009
YamadaAoi said:
this scene =-=
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6/i2ty.jpg

I felt like I was a victim of this (Damn you GIT)
Sep 12, 2013 2:41 PM

Apr 2009
sldkfjsd the filler though :|
Sep 12, 2013 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Very sad episode :(
Sep 12, 2013 6:04 PM

Aug 2012
stickymochi said:
sldkfjsd the filler though :|

More like a feeler episode if you know what I mean
Sep 12, 2013 7:35 PM
Mar 2013
PeTRa`s Dad <x3
Sep 12, 2013 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
Who gives a shit if it's a filler? It was a very good episode and that's all that matters. You don't have to follow the source material to a tee, for Christ's sake.
Sep 12, 2013 11:47 PM
Sep 2013
did you guys know, the OST when Levi gave Petra's badges to Dieter? :)
onegai >_<
Sep 12, 2013 11:48 PM

Aug 2012
Alfonse said:
Who gives a shit if it's a filler? It was a very good episode and that's all that matters. You don't have to follow the source material to a tee, for Christ's sake.

Because many manga readers think they're special. And a lot of them also tend to nitpick a lot.
Sep 13, 2013 2:16 AM

May 2009
Kiya_wiqid said:
did you guys know, the OST when Levi gave Petra's badges to Dieter?
stAtic91 said:
It will be on the second OST that comes out on Oct 16.
Sep 13, 2013 5:52 AM

Aug 2013
Damn that Levi is one hell of a fighter fucking awsome
AqUar!An
Sep 13, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Beaver897 said:
Alfonse said:

Because many manga readers think they're special. And a lot of them also tend to nitpick a lot.

I can't give a 100 percent on this information, but it seems that Isayama Hajime actually might have written the extra scenes that appeared in this episode. Even before I heard such a thing, I, a long-time manga reader, was thrilled at the extras in this episode.
Didn't seem like filler to me...had more of an impact this way.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 13, 2013 7:55 AM

Aug 2012
DragonCactus said:
Beaver897 said:
Alfonse said:

I can't give a 100 percent on this information, but it seems that Isayama Hajime actually might have written the extra scenes that appeared in this episode. Even before I heard such a thing, I, a long-time manga reader, was thrilled at the extras in this episode.

Don't worry, it's been confirmed that Isayama was part of writing the 'filler' extras. It's not Isayama or his manga that I have anything against, though. It's only with quite a number of the manga readers.

Let me remind you, though, that a lot of the people have jumped onto the manga bandwagon ever since the anime started, so my problem isn't against anyone who's been a manga reader for any certain amount of time - it's those people that complain about specific parts of the manga that, when adapted to anime, is all up to interpretation and thinking about a more varied presentation. I mean, seriously, where else do you see people whine about "lipstick" lips and how it destroys the character and how 'immersed' some fans are with the character itself? Really?

It might be exaggerated, but some of them just think that every single panel is too precious to change (no matter how much it can be improved upon), let alone having to add 'fillers' that didn't have any single panel in the manga at all.

It makes me sad that because of this mentality, some people just can't seem to accept and actually appreciate how brilliant this episode is.
Sep 13, 2013 9:28 AM
May 2013
sim0n2170 said:
Why was the female titan crying?

I like to think that she crys because she realized that all the people she killed died for absolutely nothing since she failed to capture Eren.
As much as i hate her i know that she isnt pure evil because she spared armins life twice so she actually does care about people/isnt killing for pleasure..i think she has a !VERY! good reason since she is willing to kill so many to capture eren..still alot of secrets.
Sep 13, 2013 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
Beaver897 said:
DragonCactus said:
Beaver897 said:
Alfonse said:

Don't worry, it's been confirmed that Isayama was part of writing the 'filler' extras. It's not Isayama or his manga that I have anything against, though. It's only with quite a number of the manga readers.

Let me remind you, though, that a lot of the people have jumped onto the manga bandwagon ever since the anime started, so my problem isn't against anyone who's been a manga reader for any certain amount of time - it's those people that complain about specific parts of the manga that, when adapted to anime, is all up to interpretation and thinking about a more varied presentation. I mean, seriously, where else do you see people whine about "lipstick" lips and how it destroys the character and how 'immersed' some fans are with the character itself? Really?

It might be exaggerated, but some of them just think that every single panel is too precious to change (no matter how much it can be improved upon), let alone having to add 'fillers' that didn't have any single panel in the manga at all.

It makes me sad that because of this mentality, some people just can't seem to accept and actually appreciate how brilliant this episode is.

Actually, in my opinion the anime went above and beyond needed adaption--some scenes you can place a manga panel directly on top of and receive the same image!
I did see lots of complaints saying that the girls looked like they were wearing makeup and that they were too pretty--(Gosh, I'm sorry they're SO PRETTY) but one has to understand that unlike manga, anime has to cater to a wider audience, so of course the females were...enhanced a bit. Not too much, so I don't find it a big deal, or a deal at all.

Ehh, I guess some fans want to show off that they're 'different' and know it all, at least that how it seems sometimes.

I like the anime a lot, which is surprising for me, who doesn't watch too much anime, and this episode was great.
"Your argument is like a naked banana--it simply lacks appeal."
Sep 13, 2013 10:33 AM

Dec 2012
Fluffyman said:
sim0n2170 said:
Why was the female titan crying?

I like to think that she crys because she realized that all the people she killed died for absolutely nothing since she failed to capture Eren.
As much as i hate her i know that she isnt pure evil because she spared armins life twice so she actually does care about people/isnt killing for pleasure..i think she has a !VERY! good reason since she is willing to kill so many to capture eren..still alot of secrets.

Crying because she feels bad for relentlessly murdering hoardes of soldiers? Fugg that crybaby feelings crap. She didn't seem so sad when she shouldered that guy into a tree, or whilst soccer kicking Auruo into next week, swinging that guy into the ground, or playing fucking yoyo with that one dude

She's obviously crying because Levi broke her tear glands when he shanked her in the eyes. There's no other reasonable explanation. That or she's a really, really bad loser
Sep 13, 2013 3:10 PM
Feb 2013
BanMeBaby said:
HalfMetalJacket said:

Well, a good soldier always has some initiative. They should always be pretty flexible when opportunities arise. Mikasa merely went for what she believed was the perfect opportunity. God, I reckon people will complain about her if she just flew around staring at the FT and leaving Levi do all the work.

You know there is a deference between "take a initiative" and "do exact the opposed of what a superior, with alot more experience, stronger soldier than me tell me to do".
And let's be real here guys she goes for it and disobey not for the sake of humanity but because ft beat and kidnap eren. It was reckless move that she most likely shouldn't do if eren wasn't on FT mouth. Why you try to make it look like one life opportunity to safe human kind? It wasn't it was just rage mikasa don't care about anything else than take revenge for eren. And now i remember Levi actually tells her again to back off when she was going for the neck but she is continue anyway without hearing.

I'm rather inclined to agree with halfmetal here. You seem to portray what we say as 'blindly defending Mikasa', but that is not the case at all. No-one is saying she didn't make a mistake there. But the point is, she wasn't being overwhelmed by emotions and let her judgement be clouded by wild rage or something. She clearly makes a rational assessment when she is attacking: we can actually listen to her reasoning, where she says the neck of the FT is free and easily reached by her swords, and that the FT is probably too tired/damaged to react anymore.

Yes, she was wrong about that, but she DID NOT go on a rampage or was just emo-reacting (in fact, if anybody, Eren came closest to that in his titan form when fighting the FT). She was using her mind.

As for how stupid her wilful disobedience of the orders was, I think it has been clearly established in the anime that disobeying orders can happen. During the scene where the FT first pops up and the mission seems failed, and yet they continue towards the giant trees, it is clearly and explicitly said that the soldiers can decide for themselves whether the mission should be continued, EVEN though the orders were clear (the green smoke indicated the leaders were going through with it). This clearly shows that individual thinking was allowed in that battalion, even if it meant disobeying orders.

Another, more drastic example is where Jean describes what happens to some officers the men deem incompetent (aka, they are killed). One can hardly claim orders are absolute for the soldiers, then.

So, in conclusion, it's obvious (in hindsight) to claim Mikasa made a mistake - which shows her inexperience compared to Levi, even if she is physically very strong. But not that it's inherently stupid for a soldier to disobey orders, nor that she was merely acting under overwhelming emotional impulse with the loss of her rational thought, when she attacked.
AnimageNebySep 13, 2013 3:13 PM
Sep 13, 2013 9:17 PM
Sep 2013
Since everyone on Levi's special team died does that mean he's going to have to form a new one?
Sep 14, 2013 1:18 AM
Jul 2013
erika4dsl said:
Since everyone on Levi's special team died does that mean he's going to have to form a new one?

If there is any need to, probably the new one will include Mikasa and Armin if he is not recruited by Erwin himself. But he is injured so there might be no Levi's special team for a while.
Sep 14, 2013 7:47 AM

Jun 2011
akang3519 said:
dimsumftw said:
Petra's body and her dad ;_;

No, I cannot. Just NO T.T My heart broke inside the very moment he said he was Petra's father.

I second this, I literally lost it the moment I saw that.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Sep 14, 2013 8:44 AM
Dec 2012
This episode was so sad. Stupid villagers hating on them. ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Poor Levi too, the Petra parts were heart breaking.
Sep 14, 2013 8:58 AM
Jun 2008
Man, this episode was great and gloomy. The scene were Eren saw the excited kids from wagon, especially it was followed by the flashbacks... It got me.
Sep 14, 2013 9:43 AM
May 2011
Wow, I'm surprised everyone reacts so positively to this episode. This episode has actually turned me off from this show. I was willing to put up with the slow pace of it before because it still held some interest but everything that happened after he cut Eren out seemed completely pointless. I could tell it was filler. It's going to be 100 episode before it starts getting to the interesting parts, I don't have the patience for that. Throwing out bodies to lighten the weight and be able to escape? wtf. It would have made more sense if they were using them as bait or something. Though I guess maybe titans don't eat dead people or something... I think I'm going to finish Oreimo S2 instead, regardless of how jarringly different it is from this show lol
RaurosFallsSep 14, 2013 9:58 AM
Sep 14, 2013 9:54 AM

Jul 2011
RaurosFalls said:
Throwing out bodies to lighten the weight and be able to escape? wtf. It would have made more sense if they were using them as bait or something.

Dafuq?, you are critizing basic laws of physics.
Sep 14, 2013 9:58 AM
Jul 2013
RaurosFalls said:
Wow, I'm surprised everyone reacts so positively to this episode. This episode has actually turned me off from this show. I was willing to put up with the slow pace of it before because it still held some interest but everything that happened after he cut Eren out seemed completely pointless. I could tell it was filler. It's going to be 100 episode before it starts getting to the interesting parts, I don't have the patience for that. Throwing out bodies to lighten the weight and be able to escape? wtf. It would have made more sense if they were using them as bait or something.

I'm pretty much happy with the first minutes of Levi slashing the FT. Fillers with some guy failing to get his buddy's dead body and ended up marching the Titans toward them was for me completely idiotic and unnecessary. Well except for Levi scenes. I think this episode and the fillers were sort of dedicated to Levi's character.

BTW, we cannot use dead bodies as bait because Titans only have eyes for living human.
Sep 14, 2013 10:23 AM
May 2011
pralan said:

<sarcasm>Oh, so this is a physics problem? As in like...

"You're being chased by a titan in horse-drawn cart. The titan chases you at speed x and your horse pulls your cart at speed x lower than titan speed. The cart weighs x kg and you have 30 dead bodies on board each weighing 70kg. If the horse exerts a pulling force x on the cart, and the force of friction the other way is x, how many dead bodies will you have to throw off to escape the titan?"

I see, that makes perfect sense. I shouldn't have doubted it</sarcasm>

Sorry, I'm just a little grumpy these days
RaurosFallsSep 14, 2013 10:55 AM
Sep 14, 2013 1:49 PM

Aug 2011
So gar for Levi. This episode was so godlike. It's a shame that the series had wonky pacing at times.
Sep 14, 2013 3:46 PM
Sep 2013
yuquall said:
erika4dsl said:

If there is any need to, probably the new one will include Mikasa and Armin if he is not recruited by Erwin himself. But he is injured so there might be no Levi's special team for a while.

Haha I just noticed that Armin and Mikasa are kind of, for a lack of a better word, smaller versions of Erwin and Levi. I won't be surprised if when they get older, they would resemble those two. But a new special team consisting of armin and mikasa would be pretty wild.
Sep 14, 2013 4:29 PM

Jul 2011
RaurosFalls said:
pralan said:

<sarcasm>Oh, so this is a physics problem? As in like...

"You're being chased by a titan in horse-drawn cart. The titan chases you at speed x and your horse pulls your cart at speed x lower than titan speed. The cart weighs x kg and you have 30 dead bodies on board each weighing 70kg. If the horse exerts a pulling force x on the cart, and the force of friction the other way is x, how many dead bodies will you have to throw off to escape the titan?"

I see, that makes perfect sense. I shouldn't have doubted it</sarcasm>

Sorry, I'm just a little grumpy these days

Less weight=more speed, simple as that
Sep 14, 2013 4:56 PM

Jul 2013
RaurosFalls said:
Wow, I'm surprised everyone reacts so positively to this episode. This episode has actually turned me off from this show. I was willing to put up with the slow pace of it before because it still held some interest but everything that happened after he cut Eren out seemed completely pointless. I could tell it was filler. It's going to be 100 episode before it starts getting to the interesting parts, I don't have the patience for that. Throwing out bodies to lighten the weight and be able to escape? wtf. It would have made more sense if they were using them as bait or something. Though I guess maybe titans don't eat dead people or something... I think I'm going to finish Oreimo S2 instead, regardless of how jarringly different it is from this show lol

You know there's only 2 more episodes left of the season right? 100 episodes of filler when only 2 episodes are left. You're trolling.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 14, 2013 5:03 PM

Dec 2012
theblur said:
So gar for Levi. This episode was so godlike. It's a shame that the series had wonky pacing at times.

The pacing is definitely suspect at times, and is honestly my only issue with the series. I've felt like in some places 2 episodes could've been 1 since progression was so small

I was very hype for 22 after 21, it didn't really live up to expectations for me but it would be hard to match that level of intensity for 2 episodes whilst progressing the story. There were parts in this ep that were well done still like the different emotions conveyed by the characters following all the events that happened

As for 23 tonight whenever it gets subbed I'm expecting it to go back to the slow pace of episodes 16-20 including another annoying cliffhanger, and will carry on till the end of 25 where I'm anticipating something big will take place, no idea what they'll decide to end it on though which makes it all the more exciting for me (having not read the manga and all)
Sep 14, 2013 6:46 PM

Feb 2013
Levi was even more effective at stopping the female titan than Mikasa was, but then broke his ankle because of her. I'm starting to see why fans seem to like him so much.
Sep 14, 2013 7:14 PM

Jul 2011
i cried at that petra getting body thrown out of cart part then cried even more when levi had ivans uniform patch then cried EVEN MORE when petra's dad was talking to lrvi T.T
Sep 14, 2013 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
mrzkitty said:
i cried at that petra getting body thrown out of cart part then cried even more when levi had ivans uniform patch then cried EVEN MORE when petra's dad was talking to lrvi T.T

What if I told you...... that Levi gave Dieter Petra's patch that he took for himself, but lied to Dieter and told him it was Ivan's to give him closure.
Sep 14, 2013 9:43 PM

Nov 2011
mrzkitty said:

You can say that Levi dumped Petra. ba-dum-tush!
The Art of Eight
Sep 14, 2013 9:49 PM

Jul 2013
dankickyou said:
mrzkitty said:

Oh you!
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Sep 14, 2013 10:37 PM

Aug 2012
dankickyou said:
mrzkitty said:

I laughed, now I feel slightly bad :(
Sep 15, 2013 1:25 AM

Apr 2009
That concludes the expedition. The disastrous outcome of the secret mission left the Levi squad, humanity's best, decimated. On paper, the unit took a vicious mauling with the leader injured, and all other members aside from Eren dead. That was a big blow for the Scouting Legion in more ways than one.

Was that Petra's body among the corpses they dumped along the way? Levi seemed to be particularly spited in that one shot that he can't even bring her body back for burial. Seems even he secretly had a soft spot for her. I don't remember any of this stuff being in the manga, but it was well executed and rather hard-hitting for anime original content. Like rubbing salt into the wounds of our battered characters.
Sep 15, 2013 8:35 AM
May 2011
On second thought, I'll keep watching this. Just because Levi's awesome.

HalfMetalJacket said:

You know there's only 2 more episodes left of the season right? 100 episodes of filler when only 2 episodes are left. You're trolling.

I'm not trolling. I still think it's damn slow.
RaurosFallsSep 15, 2013 11:02 AM
Sep 15, 2013 9:32 AM

Mar 2010
Watching Levi walk while being talked to about marriage was just very... Bitter.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 15, 2013 1:56 PM
Sep 2013
MikasaxEren said:
mrzkitty said:

What if I told you...... that Levi gave Dieter Petra's patch that he took for himself, but lied to Dieter and told him it was Ivan's to give him closure.

Er, no one seemed to see my question!
How do you guys know for certain it is Petra's badge?
It could be any of his squad members badges because we cant see the face of the body he picked it from and we cant see Petras chest when she's dumped

So my question is, what makes you guys think it is Petra’s?
Pages (13) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1653 by Rishab_WasHere »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.