Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2013 5:35 AM

Sep 2008
Laughably bad. The things the characters did rarely made any sense or had the slightest bit of realism.

I cracked up when the teacher's head got cut off.

The guy used Yuka's piece and gave his piece to the other girl. Why? Why didn't he just give her Yuka's piece? Typical logic I've come to expect from this anime by now.

This anime only stayed interesting cause of the shock factor and atmosphere.
Oct 14, 2013 4:32 AM
Feb 2013
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.

AH I see. thanks for the explanation. it helps a lot eventhough it's not me asking. i'm glad someone already asked
Oct 14, 2013 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
this weird i play games of corpse party blood covered they five of them alive and season 2
corpse party book of shadows tell story how they survive five of them.

to be honest this anime not follow original story of game if i was them they must remake this anime why I'm sensing a plothole big mistake.
Oct 19, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2010
This seems like your typical massacar horror movie.... Story was messy, characters were meh.... A Mediocre adaption at best.....

Final Episode - 3/5

Series - 7/10 (only cuz' I'm a big fan of the game)
Oct 19, 2013 1:49 PM
Master

Sep 2012
I just finished that Anime q_q and I was Crying at the End QwQ
My Rating is 10/10 for Corpse Party <3
I wish for a 12-ep Anime q-q... It would be much better, coz this now was to short T^T und so fast... I want it a bit Longer...
Oct 20, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2010
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.

I knew it when I saw the other person's ID. I was like Satoshi you BIG FAT LIAR
Oct 26, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2007
Wasted potential, the premise sounds really interesting but the story was all over place and there were many things that didn't make much sense/were left unexplained.

But this works as a way to get people to play the game, it really did spark my interest and now I can't wait to play it and see the whole story.
Oct 30, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2012
Brutal
Nov 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2011
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

Yeah that's what I thought.

Damn good ending in my opinion. Overall, I wouldn't say this anime was anything spectacular, but it was very enjoyable! Though due to the ending I might just have to raise the score... perhaps. (I usually don't like doing this, but DAYUM)
Nov 10, 2013 10:00 PM

Jun 2012
is there gonna be another season?
Nov 10, 2013 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
trunghuynh90 said:
If anything, hopefully they remake it so that it sucks a little less ass.
Nov 10, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:
trunghuynh90 said:
i thought the horror was pretty good consider there not much anime that provide constant horror.
Nov 10, 2013 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
trunghuynh90 said:
Red_Keys said:
trunghuynh90 said:
i thought the horror was pretty good consider there not much anime that provide constant horror.
"Horror" and "gore fan service" are two different things.

The manga is much better.
Nov 10, 2013 10:53 PM

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:
trunghuynh90 said:
Red_Keys said:
trunghuynh90 said:
"Horror" and "gore fan service" are two different things.

The manga is much better.
i think you reading my context wrong. Im referring to the length of horror where they be scaring for the amount of time. Let say for like the whole hour for an example.
trunghuynh90Nov 10, 2013 10:58 PM
Nov 19, 2013 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
At least the ending was great.But the ending was very strange :/ and satoshi died.At least Shinozaki is alive.
Poor Sachiko that damn pripcipal killed her and her mother...

Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

Wow now i feel sad.He was a good guy.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 20, 2013 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
Ano ..., the back-home scene... Satoshi gives Naomi his piece of paper. If using a piece that is not yours screws you up, it is also Naomi who shouldn't be transported. If so, the only explanation that Naomi could use his and he couldn't use Yuka's is that he gave Naomi his, but he has a random piece paper (probably torn off the diary) and the piece of paper is unrelated to their charm-circle. That's why only the part b/w Naomi and the class rep worked, but broke b/w the girls and Satoshi.
Because it wasn't her piece of paper, but a piece of paper from this charm spell (regardless whose exactly), Naomi managed to get back, but at the price of being obsessed with the girl, whose piece she took?

... ????... Can someone confirm what the ending really is? Because I also sort of missed how or if the onii-chan who killed Yuka, got "a resolution" or a pass of some kind. Also, Naomi reconciled with the girl she killed, Seiko, but what about Satoshi, Yuka, Morishige, Mayu, and Yui Sensei? They are just victims swept under the rug or a future set of antagonists of another corpse party? ...???...

It wasn't so bad when the story went backwards revealing the antagonists, I liked it. Generally, the OVAs were a small treat, but better than blatant horror stories like overused urban legends. Maybe I am in the wrong here, but I am seeing too much of Ghost Hunt :l
zellamiNov 20, 2013 4:47 AM
Dec 6, 2013 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
What was the original ending of the game? Did satoshi make it out alive? Who else it out with him?
Dec 7, 2013 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
drendren

Original Ending is make it out alive are

satoshi yuka naomi ayumi yoshiki

And from book Shadow ending Naomi Ayumi decide revive dead friends using book shadow they not invite other friend like Satoshi Yoshiki Yuka they dont want involve them but look like book of shadow make them trouble is gona kill them but Ayumi big sister come to save them and they save but her sister head blow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR2G24W6Vx8

here look in youtube time 5:36 Naomi said who make out alive

and there season 3 of game corpse party blood drive realise in 2014.
Dec 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Jul 2013
Burst out laughing at teachers death.
Dec 24, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2011
tsui_mokei said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Plot: People kill if they are killed
Characters: People that kill and are killed

And that's all there is to it. Worthless aside from shock value.

Ditto!
Dec 28, 2013 6:16 PM

Feb 2013
YukinoAsakura said:
Wasted potential, the premise sounds really interesting but the story was all over place and there were many things that didn't make much sense/were left unexplained.

I agree. But I give it credit for being scary as shit.
I might play the game itself if my curiosity forces me too or just watch somebody play it. xD

6/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jan 11, 2014 11:24 AM
Feb 2013
Such kawaii end!

Overally pretty good OVA with nice music.
kcuf
Jan 13, 2014 8:22 AM

Mar 2013
so, bad ending?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jan 18, 2014 8:01 PM

May 2012
Satoshi gave his piece of paper, gave it to that girl and lied about having Yuka's paper!!! Damn, now he is dead..
Jan 21, 2014 1:22 PM

Feb 2012
Can't expect anything amazing out of 4 eps so the shock value of seeing all the gore was enough entertainment for me.

6/10
Jan 29, 2014 6:46 AM
Nov 2013
Some parts felt a bit sadistic for my taste, but it was good.

Could had been better if it was longer and with a bit more character development.
Jan 30, 2014 12:17 AM
Jan 2014
The game is a lot better. Anime rushed over things too much.
Feb 2, 2014 8:33 AM

May 2008
The ending was really great as a bad ending. The dejavu with the phonecall from Naomi's mom and the ending does left a great impact imo! Satoshi redeemed himself by saving Naomi but was it a good decision? In the end Naomi ended up mentally broken. Will she ever be normal again for Satoshi's sake? We will never know...
Feb 9, 2014 7:34 AM

Dec 2012
The ending was GREAT as a bad ending. The shock value was there and I was pretty impressed. There were parts which didn't make much sense as I am not a player of the game though. For example, wasn't Sachiko murdered by the principal? How did she convince the teacher to kidnap children and kill them then?

I really wished the yellow haired dude and Satoshi lived though instead of Naomi. Satoshi was really selfless, taking the risk of using the psycho's charm . . . however, if he lived, the ending wouldn't have made such an impact on me as it did for sure.

8/10, extremely entertaining and while definitely not top tier stuff, it is memorable for a series of the horror genre especially because of that ending.
Feb 13, 2014 10:26 PM

Jun 2013
This is probably the most disturbing anime I've ever seen. It was entertaining throughout somehow, and I can't believe they ended it like they did. I really want another episode to conclude it better. That's my main beef with this anime, but everything else it tried to do, it executed. It could have used better backstories to attach us to the characters more, but I still think it was fine. Definitely the most disturbing thing I've seen.
6/10

Feb 16, 2014 10:24 PM
Sep 2012
I wish they made a full series of the actual game, that would have been amazing. This was an okay set, it wasn't that great but it was nice to watch. Of course, being such a short anime, it really didn't cover a lot of aspects that were in the game, and the story is seriously confusing if you never played it. It's been a while since I played the game, but bits and pieces are reminiscent when watching this x) I was expecting a happy end, but that end was quite a shocker, in a good way though. 7/10
Mar 23, 2014 8:47 AM

Jan 2012
this last EP felt super rushed... still a decent watch somewhat.

7.5/10
Mar 28, 2014 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
I'll give this an 8/10.

I felt sort of empty after watching that final scene with Satoshi .. well not there.

uGHHH
Mar 30, 2014 7:32 AM
Apr 2013
Super rushed. Disappointed. It started out nice but after halfway through the 2nd episode, it just felt too rushed and inconsistent. 6/10 for the series. And 3/10 for this episode.

They should've followed the game plot. Why did they kill of my fave chr, Kishinuma off -.- 3rd episode made me rage tbh. IThey should've killed Ayumi. She annoyed me in 3rd episode. And so glad Mochida died, such a useless and annoying MC.
Apr 10, 2014 8:59 AM

Jun 2011
Sachiko was such a sweet kid, ugh, it was all the principal's fault. Satoshi.. is now gone.. That look on Naomi at the end.. ugh I would've liked to see a happy ending. ):

Kyo_Kagami said:
That was Naomi's mom saying that Naomi isn't her usual self anymore, she locks herself in her room and doesn't make any friends because of her shock at the loss of Satoshi and the events at Heavenly Host.

Too bad they didn't really show us anything about the other girl.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 13, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
A great way to wrap up this OVA! I'm definetly thinking of playing the actual game now!
Satoshi you hero! I almost cried T_T
Quite understandable that Naomi ended up traumatized... I would have been as well, if I were in her shoes~
May 10, 2014 12:44 AM

Mar 2010
Okay, the game seems cheerful in comparison.
Such an anticlimatic way to kill of Yui, though.

That's some signature, eh?
May 24, 2014 1:30 AM
Dec 2012
I loved it.
I originally thought that they would have simply copied the game in this adaptation but ended up very surprised that instead they went for someting totally different. Although some parts are not very well explained and feel rushed (how did Kishinuma come back to the cursed school by himself for instance, or who was filming Seiko's murder) it was overall a very good 4 OVAs in my opinion.
The final part where Satoshi fails to come back is actually very easy to understand in hindsight: they showed Kizami's ID on the ground right after the ritual and we know that he asked the ghost girl about the risks of using a piece of paper that is someone else's... don't really know how some people didn't get it.
9/10 for me, not perfect because some particular details are left out from the game and makes it feel more rushed that it is (they were not too much of a problem for me because I played it).
DaForce0May 24, 2014 3:04 AM
May 25, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2014
The didnt include the scene how Yoshikazu went back to Heavenly Host before he try to save Yuka....

it's so painful to see naomi suffering...

8/10 for plot twist
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 27, 2014 3:42 AM
May 2014
My one question is: Why did he have that guy's piece? I don't remember him picking up the ID, and couldn't he have simply taken his sister's like he lied about?

It was suggested that Satoshi took the danger on himself by using the wrong piece..but do we know what he thinks the danger is? We're shown him asking the ghost what using the wrong piece would cause, but not her response. It's not like the ghost shrugged.

Food for thought [GAME SPOILER]: In one of the game's endings in which his sister is similarly brutally murdered, Satoshi is lost to the 'darkening' and loses his will to live, even despite Naomi being alive and asking him to live for her. If that wasn't enough of a parallel, it is also the only ending (I believe) in which the last three survivors are Satoshi, Naomi and Ayumi. AND..since Naomi lost her piece, Satoshi gave Naomi his. The end differs but the two endings share a -lot- of similarities.

Knowing this.. is it not possible that Satoshi knew fully well that he would die? Unless there's a better explanation for the fact that he didn't grab another piece from his group (such as his sister's) and I'm overlooking something.

(I also found it strange/forced that Naomi didn't object to using his piece opposed to using Yuka's piece herself. She'd be taking the same risk [using someone else's piece] while he's taking an additional risk [using someone else's piece instead of his own] for no real reason..is the idea that they'd each be taking the risk together? Maybe I'm reaching.)
macnchMay 27, 2014 4:01 AM
May 29, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
Sure had a lot of fun watching this, i'll give it 7/10.

May 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
@macnch The story ended up being pretty choppy with elements being changed and condensed from the game. The moving of characters between the closed spaces wasn't clear, nor was...that girl being possessed and hanging...that other girl.

Satoshi seemed strangely fine about his sister's death. I think it probably was because he didn't really have time to dwell on it with all the threats in that school. This reason may also for why he didn't--or should I say couldn't--pick up a different piece of that paper doll.

As for your last paragraph, Naomi probably wasn't thinking straight with all those emotions she was feeling, and because also Satoshi's plan was basically a botch-job.

------------------------------

I'm wondering if people's opinions on this would change if it was a film instead of a short series. Maybe they're annoyed that because this was released in an episodic format, there's now no chance of it getting a proper anime adaptation.

I liked the ending anyway. At first I thought it was good because it was almost dark humour, and because it was so striking: they should've all reappeared in the real world in a line but instead there's a giant hole where most of Satoshi's body should've been.

But then I thought whether they were being ironic: If they all survived they probably would've been in a love triangle, as it was hinted enough. Thus Naomi and Ayumi would've likely metaphorically been in a tug-of-war for Satoshi. Instead it looks like they were literally and they've pulled hard enough that Satoshi has been ripped apart. If that was the intention then the writer(s) for that is very clever--in my opinion anyway :/

I'd give this series an 8 anyway, but I'm rating it as if it was a film because it seems more appropriate that way (can't really compare it against longer anime series).
May 31, 2014 1:10 AM

Jun 2013
Objurgo said:
The game was better, this was okay I can see that they were trying to make a different story but the games one was better and the ending was a lot better because by then everything was explained properly and was fleshed out.

This. They should try to expand the story more, because for those who don't know the game will be confused a little bit because the pacing is so fast. And I prefer the good endings from the game to those bunches of bad endings.
But this is still enjoyable to watch, don't mind the brutality of this show. Ahem, Elfen Lied.
May 31, 2014 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
Objurgo said:
xin09 said:
T_T Satoshi you are my hero. I rated this anime 10/10 so it will have more attention why did they have to end it this way im so sad i want to cry

Have you played the game? if not you should watch someone do a walkthrough to the true end of corpse party it's a lot better and tons more satisfying

This.
I'm sad too. Feeeeeeeeels are coming. T_T
May 31, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2013
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:

Feeeeeeeeeels are really coming. Tears are coming down.
May 31, 2014 4:33 PM
May 2014
Yo, but if Satoshi died using a piece that wasn't his, why didn't Naomi die too? Since she used Satoshi's piece and not her own.
Jun 1, 2014 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Celstie said:
Yo, but if Satoshi died using a piece that wasn't his, why didn't Naomi die too? Since she used Satoshi's piece and not her own.

Well I thought of it this way (it's outrageous but better than nothing). Each spell used a different paper doll and it took them from where they were in the real world to that supernatural school. Thus reversing the spell would take them to the place in the real world where the piece of the paper doll that they CURRENTLY have last was. This would mean that Satoshi would be wherever Yuuya did the spell. His hands were probably covered by the girls' spell when they were all holding hands.
Jun 1, 2014 7:53 PM
May 2014
PreFuturism-0 said:
Celstie said:

Well I thought of it this way (it's outrageous but better than nothing). Each spell used a different paper doll and it took them from where they were in the real world to that supernatural school. Thus reversing the spell would take them to the place in the real world where the piece of the paper doll that they CURRENTLY have last was. This would mean that Satoshi would be wherever Yuuya did the spell. His hands were probably covered by the girls' spell when they were all holding hands.

So he could still possibly have been alive upon returning, but just armless xD
That's actually a great theory
Jun 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
There was only death so I don't like this series.

I'm not remotely interested what in the end there happened and why there were only 2 arms in the real world.

I can't even remember their names D:
AiedailinJun 8, 2014 10:55 AM
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Jun 9, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Only 4 characters that I really cared about, and 3 of them Fucking DIED man. This is why I don't watch shit that involves all the main characters dying. Kishinuma was a fucking hero man, Yuka, WHYYY T__T, and Satoshi, you guys, Goddamn. T__T, thank god at least Ayumi survived, but I wonder what happened to her in the end, did she go bad-shit crazy as well or managed to keep her sanity? Rest of the characters were...meh. Whatever. The teacher served absolutely no purpose other than making a fucked up death scene.

Can anyone tell me how the game ended? I don't feel like playing through all the chapters and I only finished the 1st one. Anyone? Please?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

batslimeman - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

135 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:39 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.