Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2013 12:18 PM
May 2013
So this was all over r/gaming toady and wanted to know what you guys think of this

For those interested in buying it
FrozenWafflesAug 9, 2013 12:22 PM
Aug 9, 2013 12:19 PM

Nov 2008
1. Reddit lol

2. It's ridiculous

Aug 9, 2013 12:21 PM
Jul 2012
Really, $1,00,000 just for that for even the game that is getting old by the jokes. no thanks.
Aug 9, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2009
They're trying way too hard to stand out and seem hip, it's getting immensely boring now.
Aug 9, 2013 12:49 PM

Dec 2012
Volition ruined the game I loved. Its not even Gangsta anymore.
Saints Row 1 and 2 will always be the best
Schools out, No job at moment, STILL hello MAL Eh..I will try to be online
Aug 9, 2013 3:09 PM

Oct 2011
I think anyone who could afford that could get all of those things on their own.
Aug 9, 2013 3:11 PM
May 2013
Lipi said:
I think anyone who could afford that could get all of those things on their own.
I mean I might buy it just for the lolz
Aug 9, 2013 6:26 PM

Apr 2008
I know I saw it on there too, at first I thought it was a joke and that Saints Row was just making fun of other games who do that...lol
Aug 9, 2013 6:28 PM

Jul 2013
Is a video game company advertising this, or a war veteran wanting to give the young punks a few scares?
Pikachu wants some
Aug 9, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
SOExclusive said:

Aug 9, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2012
Objurgo said:
SOExclusive said:

this. SR3 was cool and all, but got boring and the next game will be just like this. lame.
Aug 9, 2013 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
This is really stupid! They are just trying way to hard to make Saints Row 4 stand out.

SOExclusive said:
Aug 9, 2013 6:51 PM

Dec 2012
This actually got me thinking.

America population is 300 mill. and 1% of the population is rich
Thats 3 million people who yearly income is $1 million or more.
Of course people who still make really good money could try to get this game, but that still wont increase the numbers any higher.

Maybe another 3 million people have a chance of getting the game with or without facing financial problem.
Volition is probably looking for fans who are rich so they can jack up the price on special editions they do in the future.
Big middle finger to all the low and middle class fans who supported them when they made SR1
Aug 9, 2013 7:11 PM

Jul 2013
I find this funny, like it has been said if you could afford this you could just get all that stuff on your own.
It is pretty stupid. Don't even think it will make the game stand out that much just because of how expensive it is.
Aug 9, 2013 7:21 PM

Feb 2013
ehh someone did the math and you are getting ripped off 350k.
COCKSWAIN said:

Here's a breakdown for all that:
Space Flight: 250,000
Lamborghini: 198,000
Burj Al Arab: 133,405
Prius: 24,500
Super Car Membership: 20,968
Face lift: 9,500
Capsule Wardrobe: 4,968
Flight to Dubai: 15,000
Flight to DC: 3,200
25 hours with personal shopper: 2,500
Jefferson Hotel: 2,450
Dubstep gun: 1,500
Insurance: 1,200
Spy Training: 252
Hostage Rescue: 125
Commander in Chief Edition: 59
Total: $659,517 US
Aug 9, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2012
Too bad THQ didn't think of doing this.
Aug 11, 2013 8:01 AM

Jan 2013
Ridiculous.
Aug 11, 2013 9:43 AM
Jan 2013
Hahah, If THQ was still alive this would have rather seen as a way out on their money issues, but really. One million? That is just crazy in many ways or another.
Aug 11, 2013 7:09 PM

May 2013
I love saints row, but that is way too much to spend on it
Aug 12, 2013 2:19 AM

Jul 2013
Digitalcat said:
Hahah, If THQ was still alive this would have rather seen as a way out on their money issues, but really. One million? That is just crazy in many ways or another.
They where in way more than 1 mill. But my god..I bet someone will end up buying it. :P
Aug 12, 2013 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
Well, I love SR3 but I love SR2 more
Aug 12, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2013
zamphire said:
Digitalcat said:
They where in way more than 1 mill. But my god..I bet someone will end up buying it. :P
How did THQ end up with so much debt....did they spend a bunch making Homefront?
Aug 12, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2013
It better come with a hot chick that gives me blowjobs every time I play it!
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 12, 2013 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
Squirrel500 said:
zamphire said:
Digitalcat said:
How did THQ end up with so much debt....did they spend a bunch making Homefront?

Tbh idk It might have been homefront. But still sucks that they closed down :(
Aug 13, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2013
zamphire said:
Squirrel500 said:
zamphire said:
Digitalcat said:

yeah it does, I hope saints row 4 is awsome though I wanted the zombies back
Aug 13, 2013 7:47 PM

Aug 2009
Squirrel500 said:

zamphire said:

UDraw

Aug 14, 2013 7:21 AM

Aug 2013
If I'm not wrong, THQ also made Company of Heroes 2, which is.. not very good.. Back to Saints Row 4. Since SR3, did you guys notice that SR franchise are getting even crazier than before? It seems it's not about gangsta again, but it's about how hard your imagination can be.. SR3 is crazy enough for me, but SR4? I don't really expect it to be great.
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
-Epicurus
Aug 14, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
Bactinus said:
If I'm not wrong, THQ also made Company of Heroes 2, which is.. not very good.. Back to Saints Row 4. Since SR3, did you guys notice that SR franchise are getting even crazier than before? It seems it's not about gangsta again, but it's about how hard your imagination can be.. SR3 is crazy enough for me, but SR4? I don't really expect it to be great.

Yeah neither.. It seems that SR is trying to be as crazy as it can be whilst GTA is focused on becoming more realistic. I miss the balance between realism and craziness from the two franchises. GTA SA & SR1/2 <3
Aug 14, 2013 8:03 AM

Oct 2011
-DevinTownsend- said:
UDraw

The uDraw tablet was a colossal, sad and hilarious failure, and it sped up their demise, but even if it broke even, I think they'd still be in the same shitty situation. Probably because THQ's properties, outside of Saints Row, are all pretty niche and don't sell more than a million or two. Games are expensive and such low sales weren't enough to keep them afloat.

Darksiders? Good game, probably needed to sell 2 million or more to break even. It's an action-adventure and an IP nobody cares about. Good game isn't enough anymore.

Company of Heroes? Only PC strategy fans know it. Not marketable to mass audiences on consoles. Probably doesn't sell more than 2ish million outside of Steam sales.

Warhammer? Popular, but still niche appeal, too nerdy to become the next Gears of War or whatever they wanted it to be.

Sports and wrestling games were about all they had, and for the most part their games were worse than the competition's. THQ could get away with this sort of thing 10 years ago because you didn't have to sell 5 million copies of everything to draw a modest profit.
Aug 14, 2013 10:15 AM

May 2013
-DevinTownsend- said:
Squirrel500 said:

zamphire said:

UDraw

lol, I forgot about that, I saw it once at a store just collecting dust
Aug 15, 2013 1:29 AM

Jul 2007
Bactinus said:

Actually SR4 brings back some of SR2 feeling in its story - its has far more focused and better story than SR3rd and far better character interactions.
Aug 15, 2013 1:50 AM

Aug 2013
THQ games I ever played:
Homefront, it's actually good, but omg it's not well optimized!
CoH, RTS genre legend.
CoH 2, uhmm.. you have to own a strong computer to play this, and it's not well optimized too
Darksiders 1&2, tired of action games.. they clone each other..
SR1, SR2, SR3. SR3 is the craziest and most funny, SR1 and SR2 feels more serious
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."
-Epicurus
Aug 15, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2012
Fai said:
Bactinus said:

Actually SR4 brings back some of SR2 feeling in its story - its has far more focused and better story than SR3rd and far better character interactions.

Dude. SR4 doesnt revolve around a serious gangsta theme. Neither did SR3. I can't speak much of SR4 because I havent bought it. I beat SR3 when a storm turned off my cable and wifi (Only time I was ever gonna play that game)

SR3 was like the Purge. A bunch of rich people running around doing whatever the hell they want. They were freaking celebrities signing autographs.
SR4 look even worse because now they control the damn country. They got governmental power. Its not gangsta if you can do something legally. Then they saving the earth from Aliens? This isnt Halo.
Aug 15, 2013 8:04 AM

Feb 2005
cyst said:
Were people really this in love with SR2 when it came out? Or is this just a case of the "The first/old one was better", kind of like how people are now saying that Modern Warfare 2 was the best COD installment?
Wha-what? P-people are saying THAT? Surely you refer to 13 year old CS veterans only, yes?
SOExclusive said:
Dude. SR4 doesnt revolve around a serious gangsta theme. Neither did SR3. I can't speak much of SR4 because I havent bought it. I beat SR3 when a storm turned off my cable and wifi (Only time I was ever gonna play that game)
Actually, that's just a plus as far as I'm concerned. The whole LEL BADASS GANGSTA :DDDDD thing has been done countless times already, but the wacky and outright silly shit that goes on in SR3 makes it stand out from the crowd a lot more, where it would otherwise be just another GTA clone.
And since no one is making a TS4, I'll take any stupid comedic shooter I can get.

But yes, this special edition thing is just silly. Obviously a cheap attempt to whip up hype.
Aug 15, 2013 9:38 AM

Jul 2007
SOExclusive said:
Fai said:
Bactinus said:

SR3 was like the Purge. A bunch of rich people running around doing whatever the hell they want. They were freaking celebrities signing autographs.
SR4 look even worse because now they control the damn country. They got governmental power. Its not gangsta if you can do something legally. Then they saving the earth from Aliens? This isnt Halo.

Its still the same gang stuff idea, except SR never takes it seriously(need I remind you that Sr2 was all about going against japanese ninja gang, african zombie-raising druglords and hi-tech-wielding corporation?), nor becomes grittybrowndarkbs like GTA did.

A lot of SR2 characters are back and, unlike Sr3rd, SRIV focuses more with interacting with your gang and the main plot calls back a lot of stuff that happened in Sr2. Its still crazy as hell, but its more meaningful kind of crazy, considering plot-wise it apparently has more going for it than SR3rd did. It goes back to focusing on core cast, finging out how each of them ticks, getting the core cast together and kicking some alien ass in the process.
Aug 15, 2013 9:46 AM

Aug 2012
That edition of the game is mine.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 16, 2013 1:50 PM

May 2012
I can't be the only one who liked SR3 better than SR1. I mean, SR1 felt so much like GTA that if I had walked in to the room and saw a friend playing it, I would've asked what GTA that was. Besides, your character only speaking a few lines throughout the whole game was pretty boring. Sure SR3 wasn't as good as SR2 but it was still a lot of fun.

This 1,000,000 edition is absolutely ridiculous but I'm sure some rich kid will have his parents buy it for him so he can boast to his friends.

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

58 by Jentheworld »»
2 hours ago

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
6 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.