Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 7, 2013 1:50 PM
Sep 2012
Who would win this fight and why?
Aug 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
Hard to say for me although I would go with Hisoka + Illumi + Chrollo for now.

Reason I'm saying it's somewhat hard to say right now is because we don't know the full extent of Hisoka/Illumni/Chrollo's abilities. In fact, I'm thinking Chrollo has more tricks/abilities in his Bandit's Secret and Hisoka never really fights at his full power. I'll just leave it at that for now.
Aug 7, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2013
I was about to choose Hisoka and co. because I thought that the subject of the poll was "Your favorite characters",but if you mean who would win the fight i choose without a doubt Neferpitou and co.
Aug 7, 2013 3:01 PM

Aug 2011
Well, just consider that Kite is pretty much at the same level as Hisoka.
Aug 7, 2013 3:08 PM

Dec 2012
It's not known if Chrollo lifted Kurapika's kurse or not so I would go with Neferptou and co.

Although if you changed Chrollo with Feitan, I think Hisoka's group would have a high chance of winning.
Aug 7, 2013 3:31 PM

Oct 2011
Well... off of current episodes without manga spoilers, there is no way to be able to determine. Even with manga spoilers, it's still impossible to say.

The reason being:

1) Neferpitou, Menthuthuyoupi and Shaiapouf have not even shown their Nen abilities or fighting capabilities yet. We know Pitou defeated Kaito and easily took an arm, but we didn't see the fight and to date have just been given slight hints towards what her ability is. Pouf has only shown his ability to fly and Youpi has only shown an ability to grow wings. With manga spoilers, we know this groups full capabilities in both Nen application and combat abilities. However...

2) Hisoka, Illumi and Kuroro have all never been shown in a serious fight. We know Kuroro is skilled enough to fight the two top assassins at the same time while only fighting to steal their abilities, but that's just it, he wasn't fighting to kill them. Had he engaged Zeno and Silva in a fight to the death, who knows what the outcome would've been. Hisoka has never once been in a serious fight in any of his appearances in the series. So it is hard to gauge where he is at. I know ValeBreck said it is safe to assume he is at the same level as Kaito, but that is just to much of an unreliable estimation. For all we know, Hisoka could be weaker than Kaito and just have been a whole lot of talk (which I doubt). He very well could be the same level as Kaito/ However, there is the distinct possibility that Hisoka is the most gifted Nen users in the world and one of the strongest as well. He could very well have been stronger than the Royal Guards. At this point, we honestly just can't safely assume since Togashi hasn't really showed us everything there is with Hisoka. That brings us to Illumi, who at the current point in the series has not shown us much of anything. The only thing we know is that he is a capable assassin that both Hisoka and Kuroro greatly respect and that he uses needles in combat. Other than that, we just have no clue with this guy.

I think there are just too many variables to consider when it comes to this kind of "what-if" battle to determine at the moment. At least in my opinion, if you feel that gauging Hisoka and Illumi based on Kaito is a sure fire method, then you have your answer. I just don't like to take assumptions into it right now based on a bunch of questions still out there about a good portion of these characters. Of course, with manga spoilers, if we were to go off of current feats then...
Aug 7, 2013 3:38 PM

Nov 2011
Curious question about Hisoka:

Aug 7, 2013 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
I'd love to see Hisoka vs Pouf.
So much theatrical craziness, so much drama, so much glam, so much mind games, so fabulous!
Aug 7, 2013 3:44 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
Curious question about Hisoka:

Answer:
Aug 7, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
Aug 7, 2013 4:14 PM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
It's not known if Chrollo lifted Kurapika's kurse or not so I would go with Neferptou and co.

Although if you changed Chrollo with Feitan, I think Hisoka's group would have a high chance of winning.

From what I recall, even if Chrollo lifts Kurapika's curse, he won't technically be able to fight at full power because there would be a Nen beast attached to him until Kurapika is killed or his Chain Jail is deactivated.
Animelist」 ♪「 Mangalist 」♫
[/size]

Aug 7, 2013 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Nef & Co.

'Nuf said.
Aug 7, 2013 4:57 PM

Dec 2012
Damn Togashi's art is so... ughh. Thank god for the anime.
Aug 7, 2013 5:37 PM
Jan 2013
hard to say cuz we ddin't see all they abilities

but i will go wiith Hisoka Illumi Chrollo
Aug 8, 2013 3:53 AM

Jul 2013
I gotta go with the humans.

I'll start with Chrollo.

If I had to guess, I'd say Chrollo's nen ability would be a million times more effective in a team scenario, since he can afford to maneuver with his book, with the support of Hisoka and Illumi. And frankly, that book/nen ability is one hell of a game changer. If they got split up, I think Chrollo would eat the dust, because using his book would create a vulnerability, no matter how slight, and I think the natural talent of the royal guards would be too much to handle in a 1v1 situation. We don't know the extent of his strength or abilities, so he might have a chance solo, but I sincerely doubt it. These 3 humans are all excellent combatants, who obviously know how to survive from countless battles, so I don't see them getting split up, nor do I see the ants being smart enough to try to split them up. The main weakness of the ants, is their lack of experience. No matter how fearsome, they still lack a past.

Now Hisoka

We haven't seen much from Hisoka either, however, we have seen him function flawlessly in a group setting (Against Razor). And his bungee gum, to me, seems like a flawless 1v1 and team nen ability. We don't know the complete potential of it, however I would wager that he could attach it to multiple enemies, which could ultimately turn the Ant's own natural power against themselves. It could also work as a slowing agent, which would really just allow Chrollo to mop the floor with his overpowered nen ability. And Hisoka has been shown to be the most sneaky tactician in the show thus far, so if anyone is going to take advantage of these Ants' lack of experience, it would be him. Plus, you have to remember that he literally gains sexual gratification from the idea of a strong enemy, as opposed to the other 5 combatants. So with that, I see him gaining more unconventional/unknown power than anyone during this fight. He wins with the team, or against any of them 1v1.

And lastly, Illumi.

I know he is strong, but I literally have nothing to go on besides what I'm reading on the wiki. He has one skill that would end the fight instantly, if he lands it. Won't talk about it, because it's a spoiler... but now that I think about it, if Hisoka is able to slow down any single enemy with bungee gum, not only will Chrollo's OP abilities be magnified, but Illumi's "one skill" would end the fight instantly.

Don't know a ton about the 3 guards, but if there ever comes a point in the anime where I feel as though I was wrong, I'll come back here and post about it. :P
Aug 8, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
3v3 chimera ants would win easily. Individual fights would be close.
Aug 8, 2013 11:53 AM

Oct 2008
I am going with the humans. I agree with those who said we don't know the full extent of any of their abilities thus far. Setting Hisoka and Illumi aside, since there are so many variables and unknowns, I choose the humans mainly because of Chrollo. His nen abilities give him endless possibilities, and he has some of the strongest fighters in the world working under him, helping him defeat strong enemies, stealing their abilities. There is no telling how many and what kind of abilities he has hidden away in that book. And with Hisoka and Illumi running interference, he should have time to analyze and choose just the right ability to use, without worrying as much about his one handed handicap. Sure, the ants might have stronger auras, but what is raw power versus such an arsenal?
Aug 9, 2013 1:42 AM
Feb 2013
Someone here mention Feitan to replace Chrollo for a closer fight, but I don't agree. Chrollo before the nen restriction is most likely the strongest in the troupe still for being able to handle the two Zodyck assassins by himself. Not to mention...

I would say replace Illumi or Hisoka with Netero, and Chrollo at his absolute peak. Then we might have a more competitive battle. And yes I do think Hisoka is potentially more dangerous than Kite due to his cunning nature and even more psychotic killing instinct.

Even after all these, I think the three royal guards would pull out a win, unless Netero goes all out.
xieghartAug 9, 2013 1:48 AM
Aug 9, 2013 2:29 PM

Oct 2011
xieghart said:
Someone here mention Feitan to replace Chrollo for a closer fight, but I don't agree.

Here's the thing though...

Jan 2, 2014 10:17 AM
Jan 2014
Its not even funny how fast Hisoka, Chrollo, and Illumi would trash these ants. All 3 of them are far more experience and if paired together, they would easily know what they would need to do to eliminate the novice ants.

We have no idea of the vast abilities that Chrollo contains in his book, but we do know he was able to survive an attack from 2 of the strongest fighters from the HxH universe (Silva and Zeno). We have no idea how strong Hisoka really is BUT he did tell Gon this in his last fight,
"Our next fight will be to the death"
Now, we all know how strong Gon is after seeing what he did at the end of the Ant Series, And I predict Hisoka will STILL be much stronger than him.

A lot is unknown about Illumi but just based on the limited info we have on him, he has 1 ability that would be enough to defeat the ants if worked into a team.
Jan 2, 2014 1:58 PM

Jul 2013
Refraktion said:
Its not even funny how fast Hisoka, Chrollo, and Illumi would trash these ants. All 3 of them are far more experience and if paired together, they would easily know what they would need to do to eliminate the novice ants.

We have no idea of the vast abilities that Chrollo contains in his book, but we do know he was able to survive an attack from 2 of the strongest fighters from the HxH universe (Silva and Zeno). We have no idea how strong Hisoka really is BUT he did tell Gon this in his last fight,
"Our next fight will be to the death"
Now, we all know how strong Gon is after seeing what he did at the end of the Ant Series, And I predict Hisoka will STILL be much stronger than him.

A lot is unknown about Illumi but just based on the limited info we have on him, he has 1 ability that would be enough to defeat the ants if worked into a team.

Nov 16, 2016 10:00 PM
Nov 2016
i assume this match will begin without any preparation on both teams.

the winner is Nef & co.

the ants are too strong. pouf can mind read, yupi can transforms into any form, and pitou has sixth sense.

and pouf has that hypnotical scales. that's alone is enough to give much trouble.
Nov 16, 2016 10:39 PM

Aug 2015
It's a difficult decision, although I would go with Hisoka Illumi Chrollo for now.

Nov 20, 2016 9:48 PM
Nov 2016
if all of them are first meet and doesnt know about each other ability, then of course the royal guards. no doubt about it.

in official databook, there are data about character's aura, skill, stamina , knowledge, ingenuity, and mind.

and here are their stats : (aura/skill/sta/know/ingen/mind)

1. pitou : 5/5/5/4/5/4 total = 28
2. pouf : 5/5/5/5/5/3 total = 28
3. youpi : 5/5/5/4/3/5 total = 27
4. chrollo : 4/4/4/4/4/5 total = 25
5. hisoka : 4/4/4/4/5/3 = total = 24
6. illumi : unknown

3 pts different means they are on the different level.

even it doesnt include physical strength & speed.

in those departments, only chrollo that is in the same level with one of the royal guard (youpi). but not the rest. if we include their physical strength, then no way chrollo can be compared to youpi.
Jan 20, 2017 7:59 AM
Dec 2016
I think It was Hiso, Illu and Luci vs Pitou...So i voted for Hiso, Illu and Luci... but against Pouf and Youpi...they don't have any chance.
Jan 21, 2017 6:06 AM

May 2016
I think Hisoka, Illumi and Chrollo would win. The reason,
Chrollo can take other's abilities so... meh. Illumi has a great ability with needles, which makes him strong.

Although Neferpitou is capable of cure even the most lethal wound, she lasts hours doing it, so she can't do it during a battle. Menthuthuyoupi attack with so much rage that someone with intelligence can beat him easily. Same goes with Shaiapouf when he actives "Yandere Mode". However, Shaiapouf can divide himself in particles (well, not himself but yes his copies, but he still can transform into a minuscule size), so he can easily avoid some attacks.

It would be a tough battle.
Aug 21, 2021 4:40 AM
May 2021
Illumi vs Pouf as both are Manipulators
Hisoka vs Youpi as Hisoka like strong foes and Youpi would be perfect
Chrollo vs Pitou as I still don't think that Hisoka can face Pitou

Personally I would prefer Hisoka + Illumi + Chrollo as it is a perfect group of smartness, strategy and strength, Royal Guards are power houses too.

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.