Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 25, 2013 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Just watched it and can't stop crying. This movie was so awesome, haven't seen something like it before. I expected something good, but this...cannot find words to describe it...

Is it over? Is it really over? Do we have to say Goodbye anime Gintama for good?

Makes me wanna cry even more.
Dec 25, 2013 5:17 PM

Aug 2009
Majucha said:
Is it over? Is it really over? Do we have to say Goodbye anime Gintama for good?

Makes me wanna cry even more.

I wouldn't count on it. Gintama trolled us far too many times... Besides, the title screams "TROLOLO", apparently it's a parody on some old anime, they were considering this joke a long time ago:
http://postimg.org/image/z0pme9nhv/
Still, there's no solid proof... So I have my fingers crossed...

And yes, the movie was just out of this world, I was blown away!
Dec 26, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2010
Yay!! HD version Eng Subs are finally out!!!

It's ranked 12th on MAL now. Let's see how much it'll rise or fall after the majority watches.

Come on stupid net!! Download Faster!!! >.<
Barion-ZaraDec 26, 2013 12:28 PM
Dec 26, 2013 2:10 PM

Jun 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Yay!! HD version Eng Subs are finally out!!!

It's ranked 12th on MAL now. Let's see how much it'll rise or fall after the majority watches.

Come on stupid net!! Download Faster!!! >.<

Watch as the forums become butthurt once the movie reaches the top 10. It'll be incredibly awesome to see 40% of the top 10 being dominated by Gintama.

Dec 26, 2013 4:33 PM

Aug 2012
this movie is the best!
soooo funny! no idea the last time i laughed so hard!
glad to see all the characters and they all had their own fight scenes too
too many feels in this movie
hope this isn't the final!
11/10
Dec 26, 2013 6:10 PM

Feb 2013
I love how this movie have only 8k members but still got to top 3 :D
Gintama is the best! Manga is awesome but hope they bring back anime, I love to hear sugita as gin again
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Dec 26, 2013 7:20 PM

Dec 2011
That was spectacular. Love all of it. Woo. Really good.

Kagura being a teenage heroine with breasts throughout the movie... what a treat. Hahaha. I also love how they are making comments that Rie Kugimiya is doing proper "tsundere" on Kagura's character.

Also, having Otae infected with the plague and that tearjerker scene, I was moved to tears!

Having Enmi in the future revealed to be Gin... what a plot twist! Even using the movie thief as a character... hahaha turns out he is Tama!

I really thought he would actually kill his past self, but I guess it won't end the movie in a Gintama way. I was expecting a battle between present Gin vs. Shiroyasha, but teaming up in destroying the cores in the end was still really epic.

Overall, I was really entertained... although I think they could have extended the fight on Enmi. Otherwise, satisfying. Really great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2013 7:28 PM

Jun 2011
That movie... freaking amazing! That Otae scene made me tear up.
And I love that part where Gintoki stabs his past self but it turns out to be Madao. This movie had me laughing out loud several times.
And Sogou as Kenshin=WIN!!! Gotta love the Hokuto no Ken and Rurouni Kenshin references.
This was pretty nostalgic... it's been a while since I've got my serving of awesome and this movie was more than enough to satisfy that. No qualms whatsoever, freaking entertaining movie. I wouldn't call it a "masterpiece" but it's IMMENSELY entertaining so I have no choice but to award it a 5/5 or a 10 on my list.
I can't wait for more Gin-chan and co. They're always a pleasure to watch.

Dec 26, 2013 8:32 PM

Oct 2012
Well worth the long wait for the BD and subbing.
Dec 26, 2013 9:58 PM

Dec 2012
That was just amazing honestly!
It was hilarious and bad-ass and emotional and perfect~
I'll probably rewatch it a bajillion times before the end of the year

Just a really lovely and awesome movie~!
Dec 26, 2013 10:10 PM

Nov 2012
LMFAO Was that Elizabeth? HOLY SHIT!
Dec 26, 2013 10:53 PM
Apr 2008
Loved all the references to other shows, when the HnK music came on I lost it.
Really enjoyed it.. but the last third of the movie kinda ruined it for me a bit :/
Dec 26, 2013 11:05 PM
Feb 2013
I was wondering is that Kondo on the left?
Dec 26, 2013 11:26 PM

Nov 2009
Sorachi Hideaki is a genius.

To think that that movie pirate was more than a movie pirate, I'm sure they're the only one who can pull that off well, and that they'd make a parody of themselves (Zura's "destroying the world"). And I thought there was something wrong with my copy of the movie since Shinpachi's arm didn't disappear; turns out it was a part of the comedy.

Great job. It was better than my expectations.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2013 11:57 PM

May 2012
This deserve a 10.. the only show that make me emotional tear up while laughing so hard..
wonder whos that bearded guy, hope he will be introduced in the future..
the comedy, the emotional part the BAness part are perfect.. .
love when sakamoto make an intrance didnt think hes that Badass..
Waiting this was worth it, nayswan..

Dec 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Aug 2010
Loved it so much :D Had a mix of everything Gintama-ish ^^

Lol'd at the start with Gintoki saying 3D = 3 dango so it is okay for Dango to have taste XDXDXD

First debut of Shinpachi and Kagura was awesome. Shinpachi really looks BA with those eyes and clothes and Kagura looks so HOT *A* Dem curves <3...Also Dat Tsundereness <3 Lol at Gin saying The VA is finally being to good use hahaha.
Too bad they went back to their usual appearance at the end, Kagura still had the Oppai and the Thighs and Shinpachi had the sharp eyes but the Time Skip clothes look so much more BA >.<

Lol'd at Madao Ossan hahaha XD

The way they view Gin as Chin was so Hilarious hahaha. I can't imagine those serious emotional and action scenes with that head shape XDXD

The execution part was pure Gintama hilarity too hehehe XD
The colonel disguising stuff with him and ZuraKatsura and the statue actually being KondoGorilla was so lololol XD
And Gin wanting to kill them himself was lol.

Sogo, Hijikata and Elizabeth's entrance was BA too. They all looked really cool. Love Hijikata's new hairstyle.

Eli and Tosshi Mayo brothers XD And Katsura letting Kondo call him Zura hahaha. Such friendship XD

Gin saying that even if he comes back there's no way he can live with Kagura now seeing as how she's miss Kagura now XD But yeah it would be tough to resist her with that body ;)

It would've been hilarious if shitting in the toilet for 5 years would be Gin's cause of death but him not being alive was the better way to do it :D...Loved the fact that he was the cause of this plague and everyone calling him DaiMaou ^^
Loved His fight against himself and the talk at the end.

The going to the War (Past) part was mindfucking with how everyone got there but screw it XD...Seeing everyone fight in the war together kicking ass was EPIC!
Madao disguising as Shiroyasha was lol.

Enjoying watching Kagura's "Haitennai no Pan" XD

The teamwork was awesome. Otae can kick ass and the best was the Shinsengumi+Yoruzoya combo was AWESOME!! Kagura+Sogo and Hijikata+Gin was nice to see ^^ Esp how they sent all 3 of them flying to kick the last boss's ass :D...All of them are BA, loved Gin's BA face when he wasn't affected by the plague.

It was nice seeing the Young version of the 4 heroes. It was like they're watching over them from above ^^...Shiroyasha+Gin combo's last stab was epic! And so were the other 3 cutting the curse.

The way they dealt with going back to the past was...interesting? Not supposed to exist so they'll go back naturally on their own.

The hug between the 3+Sadaharu was feels inducing :*)
And as usual...Poor Shinpachi. He was left alone without Glasses XD

So yeah All in all...REALLY awesomely fun movie :D...I gave it a 10 instantly no doubt. Only complaint would be Kagura and Shinpachi didn't stay in their BA outfits T_T XD But that's nothing in comparison to the epicness XD

Season 4 WHEN?! >.<

8th rank now :D...TOP10 GINTAMA DOMINATION FTW!!!
Barion-ZaraDec 27, 2013 4:52 AM
Dec 27, 2013 1:05 AM

Sep 2008
WHO THE FUCK IS THAT BEARDED GUY!!!!!!!!
when thay all went back....were they the ones we knew? the ones of the future? WTF?
besides the fact everyone forgot about gin chan besides katsura and gin was a paradox..

ah screw that... XD nice and cool movie
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 27, 2013 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
Zero_r2 said:
when thay all went back....were they the ones we knew? the ones of the future? WTF?
besides the fact everyone forgot about gin chan besides katsura and gin was a paradox..

I'm guessing you mean Hasegawa, aka "MADAO".
Dec 27, 2013 1:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
so now we have four Gintamas in the top 10 :3
Dec 27, 2013 1:54 AM

Feb 2013
Zero_r2 said:

i think the end of the movie is the start of the anime/manga, because in the anime timeline gin didnt have the virus which means that the gintoki with virus has already saved the earth before the anime starts.

and yeah i wonder who is that guy since i saw that group pic from the manga
If anything in this life is certain, if history has taught us anything, it is that you can kill anyone
Dec 27, 2013 2:05 AM

Feb 2013
>Ranked #08

HOLY FUCK THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY

Welp, the movie was...11/10 AND THAT ELIZABETH XDDDDD

btw guys

DOES ANYONE REALIZE THAT ELIZABETH TALKED? (Her/His seiyuu was Kamiya Akira, The original Kenshirou VA from Hokuto no Ken, iirc)
Carks32Dec 27, 2013 3:33 AM
Dec 27, 2013 2:57 AM

Nov 2010
Oh wow, such a great movie. loved the drama and the comedy and everything about it.

Eli was a badass in this one xD

NOW GIVE US NEW SEASON.
Dec 27, 2013 3:29 AM
May 2013
There is a manga-only arc about the forgotten fifth friend who disappeared since one failed hide-and-seek party involving an exploding house during the Joui War, but they kept his face hidden (although he had a name), and I don't recall him having a beard.

The one from the movie looks like Kondo Isao's lost twin :P
Dec 27, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2010
I'm also wondering about the 5th bearded dude with them. I don't thing Sorachi would've added him for nothing. He'll have significance later ^^
Dec 27, 2013 3:51 AM
Dec 2013
Barion-Zara said:
I'm also wondering about the 5th bearded dude with them. I don't thing Sorachi would've added him for nothing. He'll have significance later ^^

From my guess, I think I've got the idea who that bearded dude is, from manga though :
Dec 27, 2013 4:03 AM

Sep 2011
Absolutely amazing. Just no words can really describe it for me. So much feels.
Dec 27, 2013 4:46 AM
Jul 2010
I really wish I didn't watch it.....It was so amazing I want to experience for the first time over and over and over haha. 12/10
Dec 27, 2013 4:53 AM

Aug 2010
It's already 9.07 so 5th place now :D Going up ^^
Dec 27, 2013 4:59 AM

Oct 2011
inb4 butthurt
Dec 27, 2013 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
Well, this movie had everything I love about Gintama all packed into 110 mins, so it was pretty much perfect for me. 10/10

Also, this movie made me realize how much I actually miss Gintama, hopefully we'll get a new season soon..
Dec 27, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2010
Polychrome said:
inb4 butthurt

Already have 18 people who created accounts to give a 1/10 -.-

Haters gotta hate. I can see someone not liking it (Which I don't think is possible XD) giving a 5-6/10 but a 1?? That's just pure trolling lol XD
Dec 27, 2013 5:19 AM

Sep 2010
It's so great to finally get more Gintama, i've been waiting. The movie was freaking awesome, it surpassed my expectations, and i set it high from the beginning.

I really hope Gintama will return next year.

10/10
Dec 27, 2013 5:49 AM

Jan 2008
Wow. Nothing less from the final Gintama movie. Simply perfect.

10/10
Dec 27, 2013 6:09 AM

Mar 2011
Amazing movie 10/10
Dec 27, 2013 7:21 AM

Feb 2008
Fun movie from start to finish, I really enjoyed it.
Dec 27, 2013 7:30 AM

Jan 2010
I'm still shivering. 10/10.
Dec 27, 2013 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
GORILLA! GORILLA! SATISFACTION!
Awesome reference is awesome XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SqUa9_lCsc
Dec 27, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2013
Finished it an hour ago and now rewatching it. 10/10, Hasegawa moment was gold.
Dec 27, 2013 8:47 AM

Feb 2012
>tfw still no news for a new season ;_;
Dec 27, 2013 8:52 AM

Apr 2009
Jeebus Christ. I haven't seen an ending that satisfying since Spartacus.

And summarize my whole opinion of the movie from turning into tl; dr:

It was Gintama, at its finest. That is all.
Dec 27, 2013 9:57 AM

Sep 2011
That was perfect, this was honest to god one of the best things related to gintama period, It was hilarious in ever way warranted out loud obnoxious laughs, it was unpredictable at all times manages to play with your expectations both for serious and comedic effect and both were done perfectly. The action while not in as high a quantity as youd expect was top notch

I Really cant express how much i loved this movie, I waited so long for it and it lived up to all my hopes for it to be. This is easilly a 10/10, how the hell will sorachi ever 1-up this

PS. Its so weird and sad seeing gintoki die, That fight and the way it ended was incredible but just seeing this character weve loved for so many episodes suffer a stab and die is just kind of sureal

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
as always Gintama never fails!
Hilarious, Dramatic and Great action.. Overall, Amazing movie..!
9/10 for me.. now i want a new season, please!?
Dec 27, 2013 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
wow, so much awesome packed into one movie, the Spyair song when they were all charging into battle was so perfect
Dec 27, 2013 11:23 AM

Jul 2010
A character voiced by Sugita Tomokazu visits his own grave? What's this sense of DEJAVU.

Anyway, awesome. It had everything I wanted. That's what a Gintama fan wants! 10/10 hands down.

Every character had its own role perfectly in the story.
It was easy to understand, so simple yet effective.
Sad and badass moments at the same time 100% Gintoki.

The scene where Old-Gintoki and Present-Gintoki are together was stunning.

Damn, how much I miss Gintama. NEED A SEQUEL FOR FUCK'S SAKE
Dec 27, 2013 11:33 AM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:

Hell that whole fight for that matter, everything to do with that bit was incredible

might i also mention how awesome the parralells between the yorazuya and shinsengumi were in the final fight, how shinpachi was with kondo, kagura was with sougo and gintoki was with hijikata fighting back to back together.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 11:52 AM

Jul 2013
NotJizzyHitler said:
Akanezora said:

Hell that whole fight for that matter, everything to do with that bit was incredible

might i also mention how awesome the parralells between the yorazuya and shinsengumi were in the final fight, how shinpachi was with kondo, kagura was with sougo and gintoki was with hijikata fighting back to back together.

Yorazuya and Shinsengumi together was really awesome. Tatsuma, Katsura and Takasugi's brief appearance was awesome too. The movie for me is really flawless.
DillywillyDec 27, 2013 11:56 AM
Dec 27, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2008
12/10!! Great story, great pun, great OST : simply Gintama
Dec 27, 2013 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
Jesus Christ i had extremely high expectations for this movie but man did it blow my mind. The way they managed to balance the atmosphere between seriousness and gintama-style comedy i just loved it. The story was awesome, the voice actors have really outdone themselves pretty much everything was perfect. This was soooooo worth the long wait! I can't wait till we hear some news on the current situation and if this really marks the end of Gintama then it was a damn good one!
People are people!
Dec 27, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2011
renkinotaku said:

And like YamadaAoi says, there is no HEAVY shipping of Gintoki and Otae. Their moments are definitely very important, but I did not get any romance vibes from them.
yah thats the way iv felt about their relationship for a while, i feel like originally sorachi was going to use her for a love interested but after a while decided to go for the family approach. which to be honest i much prefer, gintoki kagura shinpachi and otae all as one big family is nice

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 27, 2013 12:14 PM
Dec 2012
Well I liked it but the second half was pretty much the usual plot for animated movies with nothing added to it, sadly...
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.