Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 18, 2007 11:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, it's too bad we didn't get any answers. I liked this episode but the fact that who the ones behind all this were stays a secret, will make me rate Bokurano an 8 instead of a 9.

The battle was interesting, 30 hours long. The design of the enemy.. not sure, it looked pretty mechanical, the way it moved etc, which reminded me of the tools needed to build the houses and the school.

I liked the flashbacks of the kids who died and the little detail when Kana brushed off the leaf that was stuck on Jun's jacket when they climbed up the treehouse.

Was a lot of fun discussing Bokurano, and it was great that a group like The Triad decided to sub this - but I really would've liked to get some answers.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 18, 2007 12:53 PM

Oct 2006
Disappointing. Even though I was expecting it too be from you answer in IRC cyruz.

I thought it was pretty cliche that the last battle lasted 30hours. Specially since every other battle lasted about 5mins...
But there real problem here is that there are way too many loose ends... it's no fun if all the questions get no answers. I'm forced to drop my score to 7 (though I had only rated it in my mind...)

Still, it was indeed fun to discuss the show. But like I said, that fun sorta goes to waste if we can't see if we were right or wrong...
I'll probably pick up the manga now. I heard it's better then the anime version.
Oct 18, 2007 5:41 PM

May 2007
I don't regret watching this show and picking it up again after I dropped it.

:>
Oct 18, 2007 8:50 PM

Jan 2007
I actually enjoyed the final episode. I know we didn't get any answers but I didn't expect to get any. It good and all that the world was saved but it still left a bitter taste knowing that every single one of them died. I guess i'll be checking out the manga soon to see if the story is any different (8/10)
Oct 19, 2007 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
Shame that nothing happened to those people who started the game, and that It will still continue. The ending kinda felt blunt without stopping it all together.

Well they saved their earth and the remaining people can live happily ever after etc Is a decent enough ending.

Oct 20, 2007 2:51 AM

Apr 2007
I enjoyed it alot, thou i do agree that something could have been done about the 'masterminds' to this game. Would a been great if well, u know... Something happens, they do this, somehow go to the masterminds world, destroy them, end of all fights, yadda yadda, super awesome special fight. But whatever, this ending still satisfied me. 9/10 (or to be more precise, around 9.1 or 9.2 /10)

So long Bokurano.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2007 6:02 AM

Aug 2007
I liked this episode and I think it was an overall good anime.
I would've liked to know more about the masterminds etc. but I guess you'll have to read the manga to find out more.
8/10, uninstalled!

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 20, 2007 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
Well, this was a pretty good anime. It's been the first mecha I've ever actually considered watching. I read about it on Newtype and thought it would be interesting. I'm not a mecha fan, but after watching this, I may check out some Gundam.

I am SERIOUSLY glad Kana didn't die and I am SERIOUSLY happy Machi killed Dung Beetle in the previous episode.

If the manga comes out, I'll check it out to see any loose ends.

OVERALL ANIME SCORE: 7/10; No real answers, but was good nontheless.
Oct 21, 2007 9:36 AM

Apr 2007
So many unresolved questions :(

On one hand Bokurano has a lot of interesting characters, all with different and intriguing backgrounds. They are a large part of what drove the show and made things interesting to watch. On the other hand the show kept introducing concepts and people like the masterminds who get no resolution in the end. Overall I loved the show but leaving all those loose ends puts a damper on things. I'm mulling over scoring it an 8 or 7 at the moment.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Oct 21, 2007 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
I like the unresolvedness of it, and I like the realistic feel of the thing, and the way it ended preserved that; I never expected answers to everything, but I expected a complex story. Realistically, there's no way they could have dealt with or even learned any more about the masterminds; it makes more sense and rings truer like this than if it suddenly turned into Gurren Lagann. Other than that, there's not many loose ends that I remember.

Overall, this ties with Last Exile for the title of Gonzo Ending That Sucks Least. It made sense, it satisfied me, it did everything I expected and hoped, and didn't do a Claymore. 9/10 for me.
Oct 22, 2007 12:11 PM

Nov 2006
I don't think I wanted everything to be explained, but I guess I wanted the masterminds to at least say something about this group. After all of that, the ending was so-so for me, but the anime overall was pretty good. =p Kids could watch this instead of reading the manga.
Oct 31, 2007 8:44 PM

Oct 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
Shame that nothing happened to those people who started the game, and that It will still continue. The ending kinda felt blunt without stopping it all together.
I wish something had happened to them as well. But unfortunately, I doubt that a sequel for Bokurano is planned.
Nov 7, 2007 10:35 PM

Sep 2007
I thought the ending was pretty good even though nothing was really explained about the masterminds and their motives. I kind of like this though because the show was essentially about the children and how their lives and those around them were affected. It would have felt really rushed and take away from the overall pace of this show if they tried to cram those loose ends into the last few eps. It makes sense the way they ended it tough because what could the people of the main character's earth do anyway against the masterminds at their level. In the end everyone was just pawns and powerless.

Anyway, this show was definitely different and interesting, really enjoyed it. I'll give it a 9/10
danksNov 8, 2007 8:51 AM
Apr 16, 2008 5:45 AM

Sep 2007
Honestly, I think the way they ended it was good. There's really no way to get to the creators if you think about it, and I don't think the show would have any way to answer them without being too farfetched.

Although it left me curious, the storytelling was still very impressive and I actually felt that the show was very "human".

Apr 19, 2008 3:45 AM

Apr 2007
A nice finish IMO. Was a bit anticlimactic but I got everything I wanted out of this show. For me I think it was better that they didn't go all gung-ho against the masterminds behind the whole ordeal, since it'd feel like Ushiro against the a whole universe and they we'd be getting into ridiculous shonen plotlines and they'd have to resolve it in one episode. It just wouldn't work out and the ending would be completely canned since Kanji noted that they could never win against them. So trying would just be a huge disappointment plot-wise. No, this this ambiguity is better, the story and core theme is left much more personal because of it if you ask me; in the end the children obviously weren't out to save all the parallel universes, just their own.

Anyways an excellent series with a large and great cast that kept me wholly entertained throughout. The CG and animation wasn't the best out there, but everything was so superb (characters, plot, pacing, design) that I didn't mind at all. It had it own simple style that suited it perfectly. The music is probably the one big letdown for me, since aside from being coupled by an excellent OP and two decent EDs, the BGM is sorely unremarkable and easily forgotten. I think a 9/10 suits it in the end if you don't mind a few loose answers that are better left that way; Though a more accurate score for me would be in the 9.4 range. Definitely my favourite 2007 show no
Jul 29, 2008 10:25 AM

Sep 2007
danks said:
I thought the ending was pretty good even though nothing was really explained about the masterminds and their motives. I kind of like this though because the show was essentially about the children and how their lives and those around them were affected.

Agreed. The whole show is really about the children and not some space war so it doesn't really matter who the masterminds were. It would've been nice to find out, of course, but like I said, since it was about the children I really didn't mind the ending. It left me satisfied and a bit sad to see such an awesome show end. 9/10

By the way, since I was super late in watching this, I didn't get a chance to discuss it with everyone so I have to say, it was awesome reading all your speculations: cyruz, tainteddonut, Kayrhandros, Siing just to name a few. Discussions always make episodes that much better.
Jul 29, 2008 10:41 AM

Jan 2008
I really need to check the manga of this, because although I agree with Iriya and danks that the masterminds arent that important in the scheme of things, but on the flip side of that towards the end of this show the story suffered dramatically with too many silly twists and turns, and the characters as a result slowly lost depth and became mediocre to me, and it can only be the result of filler. So I'm curious to see where the original author went with the story and characters.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jul 30, 2008 3:11 AM

Sep 2007
A great show, I never really felt bored at any point. I thought the anime would spin me into some serious depression, but I'm kind of glad GONZO decided to not take that spin on it. I enjoyed almost all the kids' stories, especially near the end with Kanji and Jun, with only a few leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It looks like the second anime (Chrono Crusade) I've seen where GONZO took a very good premise and pimped it half full of their own filler, yet managed to succeed wonderfully.

I definitely will be checking out the manga for some "soul-crushing."

Oh yeah, Machi going nuts on her brother was about the best part of the show. I was literally out of my seat during that scene.

9, or even 9.5/10.
Aug 5, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2007
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hm, it's too bad we didn't get any answers. I liked this episode but the fact that who the ones behind all this were stays a secret, will make me rate Bokurano an 8 instead of a 9.

The battle was interesting, 30 hours long. The design of the enemy.. not sure, it looked pretty mechanical, the way it moved etc, which reminded me of the tools needed to build the houses and the school.

I liked the flashbacks of the kids who died and the little detail when Kana brushed off the leaf that was stuck on Jun's jacket when they climbed up the treehouse.

Was a lot of fun discussing Bokurano, and it was great that a group like The Triad decided to sub this - but I really would've liked to get some answers.

Nothing to add.

Aug 5, 2008 12:37 PM

Jan 2008
Tsunami said:
Nothing to add.

So why post?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 22, 2008 5:56 PM
Oct 2007
Glad to have tried this anime out.. But even with the loose ends, im not disappointed with the ending since I expected it to turn out something plain like this.. Might actually read the manga some time seeing as I am a bit curious about a few other things..

I had fun, huge respect given to this anime and a huge thanks to Triad for subbing this beautiful piece..

Sep 6, 2008 11:52 PM

Dec 2007
Was an extremely good series in my opinion, I thought it would end up being my favorite series but it's definitely going somewhere in the top five. I'm also glad that the masterminds or whatever they were that were controlling the "game" weren't explained since one of the themes of this show was to show that there are forces in the universe that our society is powerless against. This show displayed many of the hardships that children today have to go through and even displayed some of the coldness and cruelty of the political and financial worlds. It should also be taken away to cherish and live your lives to the fullest, since a couple of the children saved living until it was their turn to pilot. Anyway, I hope the manga gets licensed soon so I can see how the original version was.

#NBHNC
Sep 9, 2008 1:19 AM

Jun 2007
The ending was pretty amazing. I'm happy with the way it turned out but I wish we could have learned just a tad bit more about the masterminds, even if there was nothing the kids could do about it. Not much else I can say.
Oct 6, 2008 6:30 AM
Sep 2008
Gonzo did a quite good job with it, I must admit it. A very touching story with interesting characters. Animation was nice; the music well composed, but sometimes it did not fit to the series. Like the piano music in one battle.
Recommendation for this, it is really worth watching.
Dec 24, 2008 9:57 AM

Feb 2007
Well, that was a simple ending. I stopped watching it way back last year when it was still airing as interest was dropping. But now I've seen it all the show has been really interesting to watch. Nearly every child had some f***ed up life. Some of them were creepy as well(13 year old with her teacher? wtf Japan)

As awesome Dung Beetle was, there was a sense of satisfaction when get pumped full of lead like that by his sister.

Its a shame everyone had to die in the end, I was hoping Jun would somehow survive.

It sucks a little that the Masterminds were never really addressed, but the show has never been about defeating them, its been about the lives of these children and what happened to them.

In a sense the show was realistic in how they portrayed the lives of people and how nothing is ever so rosy.

Feb 14, 2009 6:13 AM

Nov 2007

Really interesting show, a strong, character driven plot really works for me.

Ive never known a show to be so full of death and despair, yet to be so optimistic at the same time, it makes the death of the children seem more bearable, in that they were mostly able to come to terms with their lives.

Absolutely heartbreaking to watch at points, i felt the show got a bit too carried away with dead end subplots around relatively minor side characters, the whole 'evils of the financial world' thing seemed to come at the expense of development of the main characters, meaning there were a few of the main characters who I felt got a relatively limited airtime and were killed off in a 'monster-of-the-week' episodic manner, the councillors daughter for example, the show was more concerned about him, meaning her fight and death were a real footnote.

The whole 'masters' thing provided just enough explanation to resolve questions, personally im glad it wasnt explored any further as what I wanted to see was the characters resolving their lives rather then going all TTGL to say the universe..
Apr 2, 2009 4:26 AM

Sep 2008
Good anime. Although the ending for this is kinda like the halfway point in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann hahaha.
Apr 7, 2009 6:21 PM

Jan 2009
Anime was insane (I say in Japanese: sono Denpa des!) The DVDs were so better that I do the LOL around chair at TV version.

Chizuru's story is more drama in this DVD version.
Apr 24, 2009 12:33 AM
May 2008
i feel that was the best way to end something like this. nice emotional last battle (mb better if it last 48 hours and both final worlds were blown up) i didn't think i would get answers because it was out of everyones reach, they were too controlling of the universe like gods almost. 9/10
Jun 11, 2009 4:26 AM
Jul 2008
some plz tel me wat happens after this, obviously theyre not making a second season so its not a spoiler right? ^+^
Jul 10, 2009 9:14 PM

Dec 2008
^Manga is an option, supposedly.

I didn't expect more answers from this episode, and I'm damn glad they kept it at what it was. If it started out as a space war against the masterminds and all of that, I would have been disgusted, as the anime's point wasn't a shonen show (just as someone stated in the first page, iirc).

They went for a happy conclusion, and I'm not too disappointed with it. It was nice to see those 3 brats again, I had completely forgotten about them.

This was a great watch overall, so, even though I found the 4 last episodes a bit slow, I can't down-rate it. The 30 hours battle at the end was exaggerated though, indeed. Just to remind us they can last 48 hours, obviously.
The anime didn't depress me a bit, compared to so many reactions I've heard before watching it, but that varies from person to person. The idea of the plot itself was something I've always enjoyed; whether you win or not, gets you killed, but it can decide if the world you live in can continue existing or not. Only thing that made it easier is the selfish aspect, since by destroying another universe, besides the psychological mindfuck of taking out lives (as the show progressed, you could tell they cared less than less, which showed human's nature well, starting from when they were aware of course), they wouldn't suffer in other ways.

It's a perfect representation of the many faces of mankind and society, but also of the strongest coming out winner (just like that whatever guy said some episodes ago), and what that really means for you (burden playing a big part). The fact they were 13 years old also was a nice choice, since they're more 'unstable' at such an age, as they've mostly come to the realization that they're not the center of the world, or already hate it (Ushiro's case for the biggest part of the anime). If it was a group of adults, there would be readers/watchers who would have thought the reactions could be exaggerated, since they wouldn't take into consideration that the chosen ones are facing death; those people would just drop the show thinking they're obviously right. Taking teenagers is a nice way to emphasize on the cruelty of the world and to make people feel more pity/disgust at all of this, especially since such games (although not in this scale, obviously) do happen in a lot of places; where lives are at stake.

I give it a 10/10, even though I'm not 100% pleased with it (the show pretty much went uphill on an epic scale until the last 2~3 episodes, where it just kind of slowed down and stagnated, sadly), but I believe it's worth around 9.7 and not something like 9.5, so I'll round it up to the closest number without hesitating.

Reading that the manga goes the space-war path (if that's true) made me think twice about reading it. I'll check up on that; if it's the case, I'm glad the anime director went into another direction... thank god. If it's simply 'darker', just like Narutaru (great manga, nice surprise to see they're by the same person; they do have an air of familiarity with the character designs), then I'll simply read it anyway.

A lot of amazing shows have questions (*god damn, I wrote answers, haha) left not answered, and this one is one of the them; I don't see how it's bad.

Having finished this though, looking back at the first time I'd checked out Bokurano... I never expected liking it to this point, so I think that helped out me appreciating so much by a lot. My standards were constantly rising and were constantly reached, but the end didn't have that luck; which is why I don't consider it bad.
It's funny that the OP's song, even though I always forgot it's name before, is the reason I've watched the show. The picture didn't look interesting at all, the synopsis looked very disappointing, and the show itself is underrated/not popular. It's quite a nice find, even though I considered it 'famous' for all the times I've heard 'Uninstall'.
HakoriaJul 16, 2009 9:38 PM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Jul 11, 2009 5:49 PM
Jun 2009
Hakoria said:
^Manga is an option, supposedly.

I didn't expect more answers from this episode, and I'm damn glad they kept it at what it was. If it started out as a space war against the masterminds and all of that, I would have been disgusted, as the anime's point wasn't a shonen show (just as someone stated in the first page, iirc).

They went for a happy conclusion, and I'm not too disappointed with it. It was nice to see those 3 brats again, I had completely forgotten about them.

This was a great watch overall, so, even though I found the 4 last episodes a bit slow, I can't down-rate it. The 30 hours battle at the end was exaggerated though, indeed. Just to remind us they can last 48 hours, obviously.
The anime didn't depress me a bit, compared to so many reactions I've heard before watching it, but that varies from person to person. The idea of the plot itself was something I've always enjoyed; whether you win or not, gets you killed, but it can decide if the world you live in can continue existing or not. Only thing that made it easier is the selfish aspect, since by destroying another universe, besides the psychological mindfuck of taking out lives (as the show progressed, you could tell they cared less than less, which showed human's nature well, starting from when they were aware of course), they wouldn't suffer in other ways.

It's a perfect representation of the many faces of mankind and society, but also of the strongest coming out winner (just like that whatever guy said some episodes ago), and what that really means for you (burden playing a big part). The fact they were 13 years old also was a nice choice, since they're more 'unstable' at such an age, as they've mostly come to the realization that they're not the center of the world, or already hate it (Ushiro's case for the biggest part of the anime). If it was a group of adults, there would be readers/watchers who would have thought the reactions could be exaggerated, since they wouldn't take into consideration that the chosen ones are facing death; those people would just drop the show thinking they're obviously right. Taking teenagers is a nice way to emphasize on the cruelty of the world and to make people feel more pity/disgust at all of this, especially since such games (although not in this scale, obviously) do happen in a lot of places; where lives are at stake.

I give it a 10/10, even though I'm not 100% pleased with it (the show pretty much went uphill on an epic scale until the last 2~3 episodes, where it just kind of slowed down and stagnated, sadly), but I believe it's worth around 9.7 and not something like 9.5, so I'll round it up to the closest number without hesitating.

Reading that the manga goes the space-war path (if that's true) made me think twice about reading it. I'll check up on that; if it's the case, I'm glad the anime director went into another direction... thank god. If it's simply 'darker', just like Narutaru (great manga, nice surprise to see they're by the same person; they do have an air of familiarity with the character designs), then I'll simply read it anyway.

A lot of amazing shows have answers left not answered, and this one is one of the them; I don't see how it's bad.

Having finished this though, looking back at the first time I'd check out Bokurano... I never expected liking it to this point, so I think that helped out me appreciating so much by a lot. My standards were constantly rising and were constantly executed, but the end didn't have that luck; which is why I don't consider it bad.
It's funny that the OP's song, even though I always forgot it's name before, is the reason I've watched the show. The picture didn't look interesting at all, the synopsis looked very disappointing, and the show itself is underrated/not popular. It's quite a nice find, even though I considered it 'famous' for all the times I've heard 'Uninstall'.

I could not agree more. The main complaint about the ending is that the masterminds were not delved deeper and that Bokurano did not turn into a space war. They were clearly unable to be reached and even if somehow it was thrown in to the story there would be no way that the children could have even done anything to them, as they were essentially Gods of the multiverse.

The series was about the characters and it was brilliant in that respect.
Jul 16, 2009 9:27 PM

Dec 2008
Read the manga this evening; the anime does go off in it's own direction, even with just the character's background (their life, past, etc).

Manga was better, no doubt. One part of the ending was perfect, and what I had hoped to see in the anime (you see it on more than one occasion, but it wasn't in the way I would have liked it the most, although it was well done). The manga also goes more in a certain direction and it grabbed my interest even more.

I won't spoil for the more important differences (even ones that don't last a chapter, there were... interesting surprises in some pasts, it made it much darker than the anime, just like someone said somewhere), but anyone who enjoyed the anime and don't have manga-phobia (I know too many people like that, it's annoying since I always want to recommend some good mangas, haha) should definitively give it a read. You could like the anime more, but I don't think you would not enjoy the manga because of that.
HakoriaJul 16, 2009 9:46 PM
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Sep 29, 2009 6:09 PM
Jul 2008
Geese said:
Honestly, I think the way they ended it was good. There's really no way to get to the creators if you think about it, and I don't think the show would have any way to answer them without being too farfetched.

Although it left me curious, the storytelling was still very impressive and I actually felt that the show was very "human".

Yep! The directer did a good job on this. I wonder what he disliked about the manga.
Oct 4, 2009 6:56 PM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed the ending and the show overall.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Dec 8, 2009 8:21 PM

Sep 2008
I just marathoned Bokurano this past week. I'm happy to say that I was not disspointed.

Although I understand why people may want to know more about "The Masterminds" and what not, I was slightly happy we didn't. Rather than the possible political conspiracies of space drama. Although I am sure it would have been entirely possible to pull off, I think such plot lines would have distracted us from what Bokurano was actually about; the children.

I loved how each child was so entirely different from another, how - despite the vast number of them, we were able to learn of all their stories, and how they developed through out the story.

Though not perfect, I found the ending to be quite satisfying
Jan 8, 2010 12:17 AM

Apr 2008
Pffff. I cried so much watching this it's not even funny. I enjoyed watching it immensely so I'll be reading the manga. 8/10.
May 5, 2010 7:04 PM

Jul 2008
I thought this show was Gonzo being Gonzo. The only reason I watched this show was because I heard the director hated some of the things the manga-ka did and was public about it.
May 8, 2010 3:28 PM
Dec 2009
Loved it. 10/10
Jun 30, 2010 4:48 PM
Feb 2009
AFTER THE ENDING SONG I WAS LIKE WDF THAT'S ITTT!!!!!!!!! didn't explain the rest of the things i was wondering the whole time.... like what about Kiries mohers research, Kokopeli, those people dressed in white in the vision.........
Jul 31, 2010 11:59 AM
Jul 2010
IMO the enemy was pretty impressive~

"Kirie was really something else to move Zearth like that..."
I bet it's because he played a lot of mecha simulator games or something like that~ IDK why, he just looked like a person who does :3

Tip: don't eat bread and drink tea, even if it's a 15-minutes-long break!
Nov 1, 2010 11:52 AM
Nov 2010
I cried so much for Jun-kun
I enjoyed the battle, and what I enjoyed the most was when he laughed, first time I see him laughing.
Im going to beg Mohiro Kitoh to make a Bokurano movie.
I dont know what it is going to be about, since, *Sob*
all of them died.
But i want him to answer the unanswered questions or something.
An Ova would do good too.

Wonderful anime TT_TT
Nov 9, 2010 12:36 PM
Jun 2008
Pretty mediocre ending, but the rest of the serie was great... Its too bad that there are so many loose ends though...

The whole mastermind thing is left in the 'grey area', but that doesnt bother me that much. The thing that does bother me is that one of the survivors should have to go to a new earth and contract 15 other children... Nothing is shown of this proces, its just.....over.......peace on earth again

Well i'm gonna check the manga, i'm sure the original story will explain more...

Nonetheless this show still gets 8 out of 10
Dec 1, 2010 4:56 PM

Apr 2009
Setsia said:
AFTER THE ENDING SONG I WAS LIKE WDF THAT'S ITTT!!!!!!!!! didn't explain the rest of the things i was wondering the whole time.... like what about Kiries mohers research, Kokopeli, those people dressed in white in the vision.........

those god bastard are innovators :p
Dec 21, 2010 9:25 PM

Oct 2007
well, after putting it off and putting it off and putting it off, i have finally finished watching this series, after watching the first 2 eps, dropping it, redownloading it, losing it in a hdd crash, then putting it off for another year. and im so glad i did, this is definitely one of the best animes ive watched recently, all of the characters felt so real, based on actual people archetypes instead of anime ones. i really wish i had been following this from the start for the per episode speculations, but at the same time im glad i got to watch them all in a row (mostly) or id probably get confused and have to rewatch each time lol. so now im off to go find the manga...
Dec 21, 2010 11:39 PM

Jan 2010
Preety good anime. The manga is much more sadder and crueler. Still, i'm disappointed that it still hasn't been dubbed.
Jan 1, 2011 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
well i like the the story .. for some reason after watching the last episode it feels like "there's a missing part" ..perhaps because the ending doesn't explain much more about the people behind the game
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Jan 29, 2011 7:37 PM

Mar 2009
I hated the changes done- they should've followed the manga all the way. The ending was bad too.
Mar 1, 2011 2:18 AM

May 2009
This wasn't as I expected.
I would have given this a 9, but the ending knocked it down to a 8.
This didn't really give enough answers to explain the ending, he just destroyed Zearth.
Why didn't any other floating shit come and stop all of this from happening? Being "busy" isn't enough.
They also didn't explain about those masterminds, why did they do all of this? To become immortal? Then why did they do this game? Did they only want worthy life? I still don't get any of this.
Mar 31, 2011 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
The battle lasted 30 hours...but Ushiro succeeded in the end, taking Zearth with him. I thought the ending was perfect, but they could have shown something about Seki. I'm fine with the fact that they never explained who the masterminds were, and that the cycle keeps continuing for other earths. It just goes to show that they're pawns, but in the end, there's nothing they can do it about it.

Seeing Kana grown up, was so cool. And her explaining the story to Daichi's siblings. The ending with the flashbacks of the entire group, made me pretty sad. Just thinking about all the kids, and how they must have felt, but in the end, (most) came to terms with it, and went out protecting what means the most to them.

However, I think I may be a little confused. I'm not sure if I quite understand the order of the battles and what it meant for Seki. There were 14 battles if you don't count Kokopeli, and Seki was supposed to be the 15th and last one, and would have been the one to go to another Earth and contract people?

However, Ushiro destroyed Zearth with only him in it, so nobody else died, and Zearth + Dung Beetle are gone, so there is no way for Seki to go to another world, and in the end he's saved? Is this right? But then what about that green Dung Beetle, could it be that since Zearth is destroyed, there is no way the green one can take Seki? Or maybe he just didn't care...I'm just gonna go ahead and tell myself that whatever I think is right so I won't go insane wondering. xD

Anyways, I'm giving this series a 9/10. I just loved it. Beautiful opening theme.

I didn't cry as much as I was expecting too, because they didn't dwell too much on being depressing and instead made the deaths a thing the kids came to terms with and went out peacefully, instead of perhaps crying or screaming about it. The animation was pretty QUALITY at times, but that didn't hurt the experience too much. Will definitely be reccomending this show to anyone who asks now. I can't wait to read the manga and see what all was different. Hearing how different and better it is, I bet I'll probably think the anime is infereor, but that's the reason I watched the anime first instead of the manga.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 16 Discussion

tainteddonut - Sep 9, 2007

33 by Crispydang »»
Mar 30, 2:44 AM

» Bokurano Director Dislikes The Manga

tainteddonut - Jun 14, 2007

10 by trampler8324 »»
Sep 27, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 23 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 18, 2007

33 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 11:09 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

28 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Bokurano Episode 19 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 3, 2007

33 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.